forum

Agathodaimon - Favourite Sin

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gus
hey m4m from your queue, kind of a niche map but i did my best and hoLY SO MANY GREEN TICKS HOW LONG DID THIS TAKE
[Forbidden Fruit]

00:07:994 (4,5) - fix overlap

00:51:808 (6) - NC

00:58:518 (5) - stack sliderend with 00:57:926 (3) -

01:07:597 (4) - NC

01:08:584 (9,10,11) - woah talk about a spacing increase, im not sure this is justified at this point in the song, the sounds here arent too much louder.. of course, its playable and does work, though.

01:18:649 (1) - ctrl g

01:29:702 (1) - perhaps stack with 01:29:307 (6)

01:36:412 (3,4) - im pretty sure they're overlapping, i'd fix the blanket here

01:44:504 (3,4) - consider ctrl + h and resnapping

01:46:675 (4,1) - I think this should be more distanced, and not overlapping

01:48:648 (5,6) - theres kind of an inconsistency in the map with these patterns, sometimes your blankets are overlaps, sometimes they're very close like right here, and sometimes they're a little bit far, i think you should go through and make more blanket consistency. for example, this blanket is a little farther 01:44:701 (5,1) and these 01:45:885 (2,3) - are much much farther but are the same shape pretty much.

02:05:227 (7,8,1) - kind of unclean, i'd stack everything under the sliderend of 7

02:18:647 (1,3) - blanket these

02:22:989 (5,6,7) - NC to indicate complicated rhythm change

02:40:752 (1) - ctrl g

03:39:566 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - more ncs for rhythm

04:14:696 (5,1) - visually unappealing slider, i'd just change it a lil

in general, I think the last kiai section doesnt need to be so spaced, i dunno if its necessarily too intense compared to some other parts of the song, but cool map! wish ya the best of luck. sorry its small i couldnt really find too much
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Gus wrote:

hey m4m from your queue, kind of a niche map but i did my best and hoLY SO MANY GREEN TICKS HOW LONG DID THIS TAKE too much lul
[Forbidden Fruit]

00:07:994 (4,5) - fix overlap done

00:51:808 (6) - NC I kept the new comboing here somewhat constant 8 or 9 for these same patterns in the music. Also I agree there's strong sound, but more than being the beginning sound of a section, it feels like distorting sound creating pressure in the rhythmical world of the song, that then gets released with 00:53:387 (1)

00:58:518 (5) - stack sliderend with 00:57:926 (3) - done tho now the spacing is little lower than what I would like for the sounds, Oh well can't have everything

01:07:597 (4) - NC done

01:08:584 (9,10,11) - woah talk about a spacing increase, im not sure this is justified at this point in the song, the sounds here arent too much louder.. of course, its playable and does work, though. You are right, but on the other hand, they don't really get that much louder at all. What I interpret here is the feeling in the song, which pretty much goes from 0-100 and very quickly. This is the point where your casual non-metal listener gets teh fuck out. I'm prob gonna address these spacing things in your last comment.

01:18:649 (1) - ctrl g It's intended as it is. I don't have any tools to draw to printscreens but I'll explain how I can. This way, the flow is circular and to the same direction all the time. Also due slider leniency it's relatively smooth to play. If changed, you would have to change the flow direction when going to the second ring. It would also make going forward worse, due same things applied to the next transition.

01:29:702 (1) - perhaps stack with 01:29:307 (6) Thought of doing it that way first while mapping, but ended up with this. Now the sliderend of slider 6 is as if the continuation of the slider1, as you can see from how it blankets the following circle 2. Iirc I used this kind of pattern every time at this point and it's intentional.

01:36:412 (3,4) - im pretty sure they're overlapping, i'd fix the blanket here lol yeah done

01:44:504 (3,4) - consider ctrl + h and resnapping Prob works nicely that way too, but I like this more. With this I change the flow direction but basically you'll still play this with "small circle" for the stacked notes. This way it feels better to play imo and it looks more interesting

01:46:675 (4,1) - I think this should be more distanced, and not overlapping I agree, though I want to overlap. It's kind like leading from more intense section to calmer one, and the sounds are very clingy and all that. Used this kind of pattern every time at this point iirc. Added little distance tho

01:48:648 (5,6) - theres kind of an inconsistency in the map with these patterns, sometimes your blankets are overlaps, sometimes they're very close like right here, and sometimes they're a little bit far, i think you should go through and make more blanket consistency. for example, this blanket is a little farther 01:44:701 (5,1) and these 01:45:885 (2,3) - are much much farther but are the same shape pretty much. You are right, there is probably too much inconsistency, though your examples are intentional. There are a lot of places where the blanketed sliders have only 1/4 distance, that ofc makes the distance lower than with 1/2 distance in time. What also affects it is the section surrounding it and therefore the music and what it sounds like. 01:48:648 (5,6) - I might just change these overall tho. Atm they are there with slightly higher SV and differnt shape than the others to express the emphasis the music has every time at that point. The differences in the music aren't too large tho and that's why I might make changes to these parts. While I love to write essays it seems, you are probably still right that I'm inconsistent with spacing even between the identical sections in music. I might need to look more into that.

02:05:227 (7,8,1) - kind of unclean, i'd stack everything under the sliderend of 7 Imo looks fine the way it is. I need to make the intended triangle perfect tho, but Stacking em all made it look little empty, and I don't remember stacking comparable notes either. This way it also flows little more freely

02:18:647 (1,3) - blanket these That's what I originally intended, and it looks pretty blanketed already. Though the way it is now the blanket is pretty lame anyways lol, I wonder if you meant blanketing it some other way?

02:22:989 (5,6,7) - NC to indicate complicated rhythm change done

02:40:752 (1) - ctrl g ^ somewhere

03:39:566 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - more ncs for rhythm There are already enough. Not only is this pattern "familiar" from the last chorus, the triplets are already paired to the same combos as the sliders, which are snapped according to 1/3 as well.

04:14:696 (5,1) - visually unappealing slider, i'd just change it a lil changed it a lil ^^

in general, I think the last kiai section doesnt need to be so spaced, i dunno if its necessarily too intense compared to some other parts of the song, but cool map! wish ya the best of luck. sorry its small i couldnt really find too much I dont think it's too spaced compared to the other ones. The rhythm changes drastically, and while it leads to lower density, the intensity gets higher. What I agree on though is that the whole song might have too high spacing, as you already indicated earlier. That seems to be more like rule than exception nowadays tho lol. Anyways the overall spacing can be lowered later if needed, after getting more opinions on this.
Thanks for the mod! I'll go eat now and then get going with my mod
EDIT: lol this looks like I bashed everything as everytime I declined I wrote an essay but when I accepted I wrote like one word >.<
Zhuriel
i totally didn't forget to check that black vultures queue to see if i got any requests honest >_>

ignore the terrible acc offset was set wrong

so the main problems i have with this map are spacing and spacing consistency.

the enormous spacing on the jumps takes away all the emphasis on other things that should be emphasized and feels really off with the very low spacing of the slider parts; either space the sliders more or (my recommendation) the jumps less. in particular 02:21:805 (1) - 03:37:592 (1) - 04:53:379 (1) - suffer a lot from this as they should be emphasized a lot more. don't follow the overspacing shit meta thanks

spacing consistency is bad in a lot of places, for example 00:07:402 (3,4,5,6,7) - where all objects are spaced about the same but there are different time gaps between (3,4) and (5,7) but then 00:10:560 (5,6,7,8,9) - does the same thing rhythmically but uses spacing that makes more sense

then there's sections where not only does the spacing not reflect the rhythm but it also changes more or less randomly which looks kinda shit like 01:36:412 (3,4,5,1,2,3) -, in general try to keep visual spacing more consistent within patterns and sections

stuff like 01:51:806 (5,6,7,8,1) - works, but the spacing of 01:49:438 (7) - is a bit dodgy imo especially since it's not consistent with other occurrences of the pattern

there's quite a few more but i think those examples should get my point across well enough

some other assorted stuff:
  1. the two red and the two grey combo colors are a bit close together for my taste, especially the reds i sometimes had trouble noticing ncs
  2. 01:10:755 (1,2,1) - is cool but use the same circle slider for all of them, i'd prefer to have a bit of space between the slider and the circle under personally but this one that perfectly fits works too; some of the other ones have circle sliders that are too small which looks bad. also center them all perfectly of course
  3. 01:37:991 (2,3) - these slider shapes seem out of place and also look kinda bad
  4. 02:22:989 (1,2,3,1) - really hard to read as triplets, not sure what could be done to make it more readable. might also help to make it a bit easier to aim
  5. 04:09:565 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - not a big fan of the non-offset stacks in this type of pattern, if you need the low stack leniency consider manually stacking some of these
  6. 04:30:090 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - decreasing spacing would work better here due to the falling drum fill
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Zhuriel wrote:

i totally didn't forget to check that black vultures queue to see if i got any requests honest >_>

ignore the terrible acc offset was set wrong your offset of the overall offset of the map? lol >.<

so the main problems i have with this map are spacing and spacing consistency. ok 2nd time this, that means it's time to change things

the enormous spacing on the jumps takes away all the emphasis on other things that should be emphasized and feels really off with the very low spacing of the slider parts; either space the sliders more or (my recommendation) the jumps less. in particular 02:21:805 (1) - 03:37:592 (1) - 04:53:379 (1) - suffer a lot from this as they should be emphasized a lot more. don't follow the overspacing shit meta thanks while I agree with what you said first, I don't think the choruses are the best example of this. I made them intentionally lower spacing and less intense, since that's what they sound like. The vocals of course play big (maybe too big) part in this "intensity", but if it feels like it, then it does. I agree on the part of tuning down the large ones I have made

spacing consistency is bad in a lot of places, for example 00:07:402 (3,4,5,6,7) - where all objects are spaced about the same but there are different time gaps between (3,4) and (5,7) but then 00:10:560 (5,6,7,8,9) - does the same thing rhythmically but uses spacing that makes more sense ok so I mostly know where you are coming from. It's a bit tricky tho. If we want equal spacing rhythm-wise, it will look like shit. If we want equal spacing visual-wise, it will play like shit (okay place this easy won't). Made small changes for better visual appeal tho (that weren't nearly as small to do as they look lul)

then there's sections where not only does the spacing not reflect the rhythm but it also changes more or less randomly which looks kinda shit like 01:36:412 (3,4,5,1,2,3) -, in general try to keep visual spacing more consistent within patterns and sections did some fixing on the spacing of that section.

stuff like 01:51:806 (5,6,7,8,1) - works, but the spacing of 01:49:438 (7) - is a bit dodgy imo especially since it's not consistent with other occurrences of the pattern tru did some changing (not only here)

there's quite a few more but i think those examples should get my point across well enough

some other assorted stuff:
  1. the two red and the two grey combo colors are a bit close together for my taste, especially the reds i sometimes had trouble noticing ncs made the darker grey little darker and the lighter one little lighter. Only slight changes tho and practically no changes to the reds since I don't personally notice any problems and like these shades
  2. 01:10:755 (1,2,1) - is cool but use the same circle slider for all of them, i'd prefer to have a bit of space between the slider and the circle under personally but this one that perfectly fits works too; some of the other ones have circle sliders that are too small which looks bad. also center them all perfectly of course tbh I don't know what you mean with the first sentence (since the rings are all the same and the straight ones are identical except due rhythmic demands some are shorter)I think they look nice enough now, and I don't think further making the rings faster would make it play any better atleastrechecked all for perfect centering, made some small maneuvers. Gotta say tho that I feel some of them just jump straight to the other side instead of the perfection god damnit >.<
  3. 01:37:991 (2,3) - these slider shapes seem out of place and also look kinda bad ok so while you are probably right from objective stand point, they actually have point in em (ignore the garbage spacing they had that was fixed earlier hmm) since the instrumental rhythms are pretty boring most of the time, here I follow the vocals somewhat, while taking the instruments into account when necessary. Basically the first sliders after the circles are for the more prolonged vocal syllables there, the straight slider is the ending of a sentence (or phrase), more aggressive, short syllable there. Then it begins again with more energy and aggression, thus sharp-curved slider, followed by couple of somewhat similar ones, but with less emphasis cuz of the structure of the measure, thus the smoothening (and cuz rhythm, longer one) sliders and shapes. Might still look bad tho, not my favorite here either
  4. 02:22:989 (1,2,3,1) - really hard to read as triplets, not sure what could be done to make it more readable. might also help to make it a bit easier to aim ok so I personally don't have too much trouble with this (that ofc due I know it's coming lol) but since this is visually the most pleasing and also somewhat reasonable solution to this, I'm not gonna change it now. I agree tho that sightreading this as triplets is hard, and aiming it prob is hard as well. Tho thinking that 1/3 152bpm is 228bpm singletaps, the spacing and aiming is not unthinkable for this difficulty level. Thus we have the problem of sightreading it left, and that I might have to think about. In the 2nd chorus this ain't problem anymore since it's familiar pattern. I could make the spacing change more distinct here perhaps
  5. 04:09:565 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - not a big fan of the non-offset stacks in this type of pattern, if you need the low stack leniency consider manually stacking some of these I personally like it. The actual gameplay of the 2 options don't differ too much, but the one I have here is considerably superior visually imo. Since I have used patterns like 04:06:407 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - tho, it might be relevant to change it to something similarish for that part. Nothing for now
  6. 04:30:090 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - decreasing spacing would work better here due to the falling drum fillyou are right. Changed. Now the transition to the next pattern brings out more interesting contrast too
Lowered spacing here and there. Nothing too drastic yet, I'll scrutinize this when I have more time so I don't lose things I want to keep while doing the spacing changes.

Thanks for the mod!
Dammond
I think the offset is a bit wrong. I feel like it should be at least 1272 or + - 2 (now it's 1284).
I could not understand why am i getting 100's literally everywhere, but I was clicking to the song's rhythm pretty well.
Only by using local offset -10 I can acc normally on this map...

So yea... check the offset more accurately.
Or may be I just have a bad sense of rhythm. :o

Unfortunately, you can't just simply change the main offset - all the green lines will be fkd up.

No kudosu for this post, I think I'll mod your map a bit later
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Dammond wrote:

I think the offset is a bit wrong. I feel like it should be at least 1272 or + - 2 (now it's 1284). yeah you are right now that I checked it; changed it to 1275 EDIT: ended up using 1272 and 152,002 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I could not understand why am i getting 100's literally everywhere, but I was clicking to the song's rhythm pretty well.
Only by using local offset -10 I can acc normally on this map...

So yea... check the offset more accurately.
Or may be I just have a bad sense of rhythm. :o

Unfortunately, you can't just simply change the main offset - all the green lines will be fkd up. well not rly you can just select all the timing points and then "move all selected by" and all that. What makes this shitty tho, is that I had adjusted the BPM slightly so that it actually fits later on. Now the real BPM is 152 instead of the 152,005 or smth I had, and holy shit now THAT fucks stuff up lol. Oh bby, work to do

No kudosu for this post, I think I'll mod your map a bit later mm k, thanks anyways
EDIT: having been manually snapping the few hundred fuckin green points back into shape and almost finishin, osu decides to crash and shit's not saved. Slightly very tilted atm, will do it later, prob when you do your mod or smth
Dammond
Hey ;) Am I late? :)
Sorry, mostly general words in my mod. This map is really good in some ways (like a style overall) and not so in another...

[Overall]
  1. So-so inconsistent spacing over the entire map. Especially in 1/2 and 1/4. May be there's a system, but seems like not.
    1. 00:06:810 (2,3) - 1/2 rhythm, the next 2 sliders are 1/4: 00:07:994 (4,5) - and they're using the same spacing. How can I know it while playing? Well, I just randomly overpressed (I mean holding) the keys from one slider to another, and used alternating style. It's the only way how you can play it well, without knowing the map. And imo it's not really cool.
    2. It happens all the time... 01:51:806 (5,6) - 01:52:990 (8,1) - 03:06:014 (1,2) - 03:09:172 (1,2) - and pretty haphazard
    3. But hm... ok, at least it playable. And almost everything follows the music pretty good. But spacing is just a confused disaster.
  2. ...hm... yeah, imo spacing must be more consistent and clear overall. I see that sometimes it kinda emphasizing music, but lots of random stuff aswell
  3. I would suggest you to nerf jumps, mapped to the vocal; they seems so disproportionately with drum-jumps. And buff the streams (I mean triples like 05:33:444 (3,4,5) - ).
[not-overall]
  1. 00:20:625 (4,5,6) - weird spacing, compare to the nearest "style"
  2. 01:22:597 (4,5) - why this spacing is bigger than 01:22:202 (2,3,4) - ? there's pretty strong drums, but you're using pointless jump for minor vocal. I mean... I see you're making a good view of objects, and that's great, but very often it doesn't fits the music
  3. 01:26:149 (5,6) - pointless jump too.
  4. 01:34:044 (6,7,1) - honestly, I don't hear in the music anything significant, to make the almos cross-screen jump
  5. 01:36:017 (1,2) - ^ ?
  6. 02:22:989 (1,2,3) - really unexpected thing over the calm tune
  7. I think it could be so nice to make the biggest jumps for drum parts and don't make jumps at all for vocal parts. Current state of jumps seems so random in respect to the music
  8. 02:29:502 (5,6,1) - imo ds of these thing over the entire map can be bigger, just in case of jumps' scale and stuff like 02:22:989 (1,2,3) - and 03:39:566 (2,3,4) - . Atm these triples seems disproportionately
  9. 02:44:897 (3,4,5,1) - inconsistent, compare to 01:16:478 (3,4,5,1)
  10. 05:17:852 (1,2) - what does this ds means?
gl hf :)
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Dammond wrote:

Hey ;) Am I late? :) just in time to make me do the timing stuff again ^^ thus I'm gonna get on that and respond to this mod later when I check it since the timing will prob take so long I won't finish it today EDIT: allright let's go
Sorry, mostly general words in my mod. This map is really good in some ways (like a style overall) and not so in another...

[Overall]
  1. So-so inconsistent spacing over the entire map. Especially in 1/2 and 1/4. May be there's a system, but seems like not. while this is true, the problematicness of this is highly subjective and depends on the song and all that jazz. So I'll be checking what examples you dug up for this
    1. 00:06:810 (2,3) - 1/2 rhythm, the next 2 sliders are 1/4: 00:07:994 (4,5) - and they're using the same spacing. How can I know it while playing? Well, I just randomly overpressed (I mean holding) the keys from one slider to another, and used alternating style. It's the only way how you can play it well, without knowing the map. And imo it's not really cool. It's hard for me ofc to comment on that "without knowing the map" since I obviously know the map, but basically, (this timestamp ain't exactly good example for that) 1/2 slider and slider that holds 1/4 longer play essentially the same, the distances in time between the parts you actually click are the same, and the difference in playing experience when talking about the tail is like "noticeable, but not affecting". On faster BPM songs and patterns in them or with higher overall spacing part it is clearly more noticeable and easily even uncomfortable. But here the part is slow, spacing is low and the difference isn't too drastic. That being said, I thought it was pretty common to singletap sliders up until very high bpms; even if they have 1/4 gap. (think of kickslider patterns, they are mostly singletapped). This ofc concerns only singletap playstyle.
    2. It happens all the time... 01:51:806 (5,6) - 01:52:990 (8,1) - 03:06:014 (1,2) - 03:09:172 (1,2) - and pretty haphazard I don't rly know why you picked that first place here. Those parts are, like, on the better side of relevant spacing on this map. While the spacing from each pattern of 2 sliders to the next is like not even close to equal (not intended to be anyways), the objects you highlighted here aren't good example of what you're trying to say. From the first part, those sliders 5 and 6 have clearly smaller spacing than the sliders before, basically from 1/2 to 1/4. Then the next place, the slider 8 is clearly slower. The spacing is comparable to the speed, and as I have meant here, it's as if dragging to the continuum, emphasising the feel the music has at these kind of places: the phrase ends, new begins, and the emphasis isn't too big, but there is this orchestral sound that leads forward as if tying them together or smth. Not only that, but I have continuously used similar patterning around the map for similar things. (should atleast :/)
    3. But hm... ok, at least it playable. And almost everything follows the music pretty good. But spacing is just a confused disaster. Talking about the spacing in jumps, there I could definitely think at places if I could make it more relevant.
  2. ...hm... yeah, imo spacing must be more consistent and clear overall. I see that sometimes it kinda emphasizing music, but lots of random stuff aswell ^ most of the stuff should be following smth tho. At times there might be sacrifices for the greater good visuals but I tried to keep them so that it doesn't affect gameplay too noticeably
  3. I would suggest you to nerf jumps, mapped to the vocal; they seems so disproportionately with drum-jumps. And buff the streams (I mean triples like 05:33:444 (3,4,5) - ). Both agree and not. First of all, for my jumps distance it's irrelevant if there is vocal or not. However, while I dislike mapping rhythms to the vocals (had to do that at parts here iirc, there was like nothing to map at times lol), vocals are very significant factor in the songs intensity, especially in case such as this where the instrumentals aren't too dominant or complex, but the vocals have both clean and harsh. And the intensity of song is straight comparable to the distance of the jumps. Therefore I'm redundant to "nerf jumps, mapped to the vocal". I would preferably instead nerf "jumps, having more distance than the intensity rly is". That is about what I got on earlier mod too, and after thinking of it, there aren't actually too much I would like to change. At some red-colored parts, where there aren't vocals, jumps could be toned. Most toning could be done during the choruses, which have pretty high spacing, maybe too high compared to the music. What's bugging me here tho, is that the highest spacing jumps are during the solo part. And that's actually somewhat justified, fitting to the music and also not bad to play. Therefore I'm slightly redundant on lowering the spacing too much on other parts, since that would cause the solo to be huge spike. Anyways decreasing some spacing from the list I mentioned in this wall of text
[not-overall]
  1. 00:20:625 (4,5,6) - weird spacing, compare to the nearest "style" made the spacing a little bigger. Looks better, is more similar to similar patterns.
  2. 01:22:597 (4,5) - why this spacing is bigger than 01:22:202 (2,3,4) - ? there's pretty strong drums, but you're using pointless jump for minor vocal. I mean... I see you're making a good view of objects, and that's great, but very often it doesn't fits the music What makes you think it's "minor vocal"? When I consider spacing, vocal is minor when it is either overshadowed by instruments or other vocals. Here is neither. Like, sure, it's not the most intense vocal this dude can strech out, but intensity and majority of the vocal (and everything else too for that matter) is decided by how it's relation to the other parts of the music work. Here it's actually the main "instrument" during those 4 and 5. 5 is basically a backslash from the most emphasised sound of the phrase, 4. The idea is that it's basically played the same the vocals done: first is the pressure, the emphasis (circle 4), but when the voice gets out it's as if flying forward. Just try singing >.< (or screaming here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). While it is kinda meh when considering the emphasis in the song >< spacing, the different isn't huge and there is still idea behind it. Aaaand it's also repeated multiple times.
  3. 01:26:149 (5,6) - pointless jump too. Ok I think you are actually right here. Tho what bugs me is not that it's "pointless", but that the jump from 5 to 6 is bigger than from 6 to 1, while music-wise it should be vice versa. Changed the place of the circle 6, rip triangle I made
  4. 01:34:044 (6,7,1) - honestly, I don't hear in the music anything significant, to make the almos cross-screen jump Uh, I kinda disagree. I don't know if you were listening to this song as if comparing it to the metal you usually listen to, but, like, it doesn't get much more intense in this song than this. Not only that, but the jumps aren't that much bigger than what is around this map (on less intense, perhaps to-be-tuned parts too), and they play pretty nicely.
  5. 01:36:017 (1,2) - ^ ? These ain't "almost cross-screen jumps" you know? Actually pretty calm couple of jumps here. Maybe you had the earlier version of this map where I iirc had little too high spacing here Noticed tho that as with one example earlier, the distance compared between em wasn't relevant to the music and made small tuning
  6. 02:22:989 (1,2,3) - really unexpected thing over the calm tune True. That's the same case in the music too tho. Here it's indicated both with spacing and patterning that they are 1/3. It's still pretty hard to first time read tho, but keep in mind 152 bpm 1/3 is only 228bpm 1/2, thus making these more like low spacing jumps than high spacing streams. On map of this star level it can be assumed that the player could singletap (if that's his playstyle) few notes of that BPM. Also notable that the patterns used for 1/3 are pretty much identical, thus making it easier to read when familiar.
  7. I think it could be so nice to make the biggest jumps for drum parts and don't make jumps at all for vocal parts. Current state of jumps seems so random in respect to the music Yes, that could make it clearer, but also boring. Also, vocals are part of the music, so hell no are jumps mapped to vocal intensity random in respect to the music. True tho, that it's usually harder for the player to read vocal jumps. They are still not too uncommon. So as in this song vocals play important part, so do they in the map. Good point here though is how to weight intensity in drum jumps compared to vocal jumps
  8. 02:29:502 (5,6,1) - imo ds of these thing over the entire map can be bigger, just in case of jumps' scale and stuff like 02:22:989 (1,2,3) - and 03:39:566 (2,3,4) - . Atm these triples seems disproportionately Yeah you kinda are right. But playability wise (especially in lower BPM maps such as this) they mostly play horribly. Also, stacking triples can be used to emphasis, keeping in mind that it stops flow to the place. Keeping them as is.
  9. 02:44:897 (3,4,5,1) - inconsistent, compare to 01:16:478 (3,4,5,1) while it's slightly amusing considering the high amount of similar patterns (and the likely spacing inconsistencies there), you are right, and therefore I tuned down the latter one.
  10. 05:17:852 (1,2) - what does this ds means? Good find in a way. It's intended. You most likely noticed the spacing thingies I made during the last chorus part? This is in relatively similar fashion. The white notes here are emphasising the lack of emphasis (lul) during them. Like, there are this fillish feeling during those vocals, there are like no instruments, they are just basically leading to the pattern after. Thus the spacing is also increasing from very low to the last jump (3 -> 1). 1 and 3 are circles cuz there are instrument sound, 2 is emphasis-less vocal fill and thus made with slider than you need to click only once, the click having like no distance to the voice and note before.
gl hf :)
Since I ended up writing more than changing, I hope you understood some of the intentions I had behind things I have made. Anyways, opinion read is opinion gained, even if there are no immediate alterations.

Thanks for the mod!
AMX
Hi! As I mentioned in your mod queue i'm new to mapping and therefore I most likely will be of no use of all also this is my first mod, ever. Anyways lets get this started.

Aesthetics:

01:15:481 (1,2) - These 2 could probably be worked alittle better, I think the slider is alittle to wrapped around the circle, you could easily see the difference from the other ones and this one. Just something i noticed when trying the map with HR.

Okay that's about what I can find aesthetically lol

Gameplay:

Overall I would probably tone down the OD just a bit, for a 5* song this could be pretty hard to acc for players.

02:22:980 (1,2,3) - These 1/3's could be hard to read especially when sightreading this, it's essentially a 228 bpm jump, I don't think everyone will be ready for that when playing a 150bpm song, this would mostly apply to people singletapping this. I would personally do something like http://puu.sh/tFKRq/c17de39e22.jpg

03:39:558 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - Same thing applies to these, for the first ones I would do the same thing there: http://puu.sh/tFKYW/c36eb841c4.jpg but maybe keep 03:40:348 (2,3,4) - as they are

End:

Going through the map I can't really find anything else to point out, it all looks so polished and clean to me.

I really liked the map too, felt fun to play, looked good, nice song etc etc. Sorry for keeping the mod so short.

Looking forward to playing this when it's ranked!
SaltyLucario
Hi! I really wanted to mod this after you helped with my map, but it's really good and I couldn't find much :(
  1. Sometimes on jumps circles are overlapping, but on the next jumps not, even if music is similar. (example: 04:06:400 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) and 04:09:558 (1,2,3,4,5,6). I don't know if it was intended or not, but I think it would be better if they were the same.
  2. 04:11:531 (5) - On 25% replay I could hear what you are expressing here, but normally it is almost unhearable and I would change it to the smooth slider for the sake of aesthetics.
  3. 04:14:689 (5) - This would look better I think
  4. 04:56:531 (1,2) - I would smooth more that slider, because that sharp angle isn't looking too good. It would be a nice blanket with a circle at the same time :)
  5. 05:34:425 - Turn off the Kai here, rest of the song really doesn't sound like a part of chorus.
  6. Maye turn off and on Kai in the middle of choruses for that fountain? It's so cool looking lol
Hope I could help somehow >w<
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
AMX

AMX wrote:

Hi! As I mentioned in your mod queue i'm new to mapping and therefore I most likely will be of no use of all also this is my first mod, ever. Anyways lets get this started.

Aesthetics:

01:15:481 (1,2) - These 2 could probably be worked alittle better, I think the slider is alittle to wrapped around the circle, you could easily see the difference from the other ones and this one. Just something i noticed when trying the map with HR. Moved it a little, should be lined up a little better now

Okay that's about what I can find aesthetically lol

Gameplay:

Overall I would probably tone down the OD just a bit, for a 5* song this could be pretty hard to acc for players. skimmed through my maps and it looks like most songs of this bpm and like 4,5* - 5* have about OD 8 or little more so changed to 8,3

02:22:980 (1,2,3) - These 1/3's could be hard to read especially when sightreading this, it's essentially a 228 bpm jump, I don't think everyone will be ready for that when playing a 150bpm song, this would mostly apply to people singletapping this. I would personally do something like http://puu.sh/tFKRq/c17de39e22.jpg comments below

03:39:558 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - Same thing applies to these, for the first ones I would do the same thing there: http://puu.sh/tFKYW/c36eb841c4.jpg but maybe keep 03:40:348 (2,3,4) - as they are While you have point and I have previously gotten comments about it too, I'm not too fond of changing it so far. Also I don't think there is any problem after the first time since the player is familiar with it. Also it's not only already familiar, but the sliders 03:39:163 (1,1) - are also snapped in 1/3, making it clearer, so the problem lies in the first time. But while I kinda feel like for example what you suggested would play better, the pattern would lose it's emphasis and the feel in the music. All the 3 drum sounds stand clearly apart from the music, but they are also all about the same strength compared to each other. By mapping slider in there the emphasis of the pattern specifically as a triplet will be lost, while it surely would be more easier to read.
End:

Going through the map I can't really find anything else to point out, it all looks so polished and clean to me.

I really liked the map too, felt fun to play, looked good, nice song etc etc. Sorry for keeping the mod so short.

Looking forward to playing this when it's ranked!
If this was your first mod, good going. It might not be the longest marathon I've faced, but for example the way you use screenshots to make your points and suggestions clearer is nicely done.
Thanks for the mod!

SaltKing

SaltKing wrote:

Hi! I really wanted to mod this after you helped with my map, but it's really good and I couldn't find much :(
  1. Sometimes on jumps circles are overlapping, but on the next jumps not, even if music is similar. (example: 04:06:400 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) and 04:09:558 (1,2,3,4,5,6). I don't know if it was intended or not, but I think it would be better if they were the same. It's intended. Also the music is basically not the same since while it's same instrument doing about the same thing, with solo like this interpretation of the intensity changes with the solist comes in the picture.But why is it intentionally done so then? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Basically it's done so that I can increase the spacing without facing the wall, and then the next pattern I use the position of 04:07:979 (3) - as the base for the jump pattern since it's so neatly blanketed and the positioning also allows good flow in the jump pattern. I could use one base place for the last one too, but I feel like for the guitar leading to the solo with the rising pitches this patterning which has spacing increasing from both sides works better. The space is also more free at that point than the latter. I might still do some changes to this or other pattern with similar point later tho
  2. 04:11:531 (5) - On 25% replay I could hear what you are expressing here, but normally it is almost unhearable and I would change it to the smooth slider for the sake of aesthetics. Lmao I wonder what I was doing here, changed
  3. 04:14:689 (5) - This would look better I think I'm not actually sure what you exactly did here since I can't see the sliderpoints or whatever they are called, but I can see it looks better. Modified mine so it should look better
  4. 04:56:531 (1,2) - I would smooth more that slider, because that sharp angle isn't looking too good. It would be a nice blanket with a circle at the same time :) You are very much right. Done (sadly due the nature of slider I lost some of the blanket area from the previous one but it looks good still
  5. 05:34:425 - Turn off the Kai here, rest of the song really doesn't sound like a part of chorus. You are right, it's not part of the actual chorus. That being said, it's definitely kiai-worth part, one of the most heavily emphasized parts of the song. And it's, like, 2 seconds lol
  6. Maye turn off and on Kai in the middle of choruses for that fountain? It's so cool looking lol Could actually do that. But I think that needs a reason for it in music, and I'm not too knowledgeable if that kind of thing is somehow "not-adviced" to be done or smth. Nevertheless have seen it myself too. Also overusing effects makes them lose their strenght. Might still spice things up later, but this isn't too acute
Hope I could help somehow >w<
Thanks for the mod!
Left
God
[Sin]
- In first part, your distance logic isn't consistent. ok for 1/2 rhythm, you used 00:06:798 (2,3) - this DS. but 1/4 isn't consistent at all. like 00:07:982 (4,5,6) - , 00:11:140 (6,7,8) - . it's problem in both readability and visual. I recommend you to make it all same
- 00:36:403 (4,5) - super close, u can improve it easily
- 01:14:297 (2,3,4) - NC pls SV changed
- 01:20:020 (3,4,1) - can improve triplet-slider flow? like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7267054
- 01:20:218 (1,2,3,4) - SVchange NC pls
- 01:44:691 (5,1) - how about blanket?
- 01:58:309 (2,3,4) - sound is heavy, clap this kind isn't suitable. i think drum addition sound is better
- 02:42:125 (3,1) - too close, can confuse as 1/4
- 04:54:162 (4) - can remove body's hitsound? sounds weird
- 04:56:531 (1,2) - u used this DS for 1/4, can confuse. how about just stack it?
- 04:58:504 (2,3) - ^

I found some major problems in this map,
first used too many unnecessary 1/4s. of course you can make sticky effect by using this, but 03:34:427 (1,2,3) - 05:04:425 (1,2,3,4) - this kind overused.

and distance logic. u used all different DS in each rhythms, I mean, 02:26:533 (1,2) - 02:28:112 (1,2,3) - same 1/4, but visual distance is different. can see in here http://puu.sh/tTC1P/5dc8040d43.jpg . this makes your map looks unstable and irregular. check your map once again considering this.

good luck!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Left wrote:

God
[Sin]
- In first part, your distance logic isn't consistent. ok for 1/2 rhythm, you used 00:06:798 (2,3) - this DS. but 1/4 isn't consistent at all. like 00:07:982 (4,5,6) - , 00:11:140 (6,7,8) - . it's problem in both readability and visual. I recommend you to make it all same I don't see any problem how to read this, since especially on not so intense part such as this, these sliders play essentially the same as 1/2 ones, just slightly more stickier (which due the slowness of the part isn't too significant here yet). Also it's not like it's very inconsistent. Granted, it's waving like +- 0,05 DS due angles and stuff, but it's basically 2 different DS: 2,5x which is the same as the 1/2, and double that, 5x which basically looks the same as the 1/2. It's intended. I have tried to emphasize different places musically and how I want the part of the map feel, the transition from phrase to another at 00:11:140 (6,7) - compared to part with vocals at 00:20:613 (4,5) - for example. Visuals I agree on, they should be stable (with the DS)
- 00:36:403 (4,5) - super close, u can improve it easily true, moved them slightly so they fit more into the other category of the 1/4 spacings
- 01:14:297 (2,3,4) - NC pls SV changed You mean change em all? I don't think spamming NCs on those is really necessary. They work pretty much the same way as these 01:18:639 (1,2) - just basically double the speed. It's still not too speedy, and is fairly simple to play even wihtout NCing everyone of them
- 01:20:020 (3,4,1) - can improve triplet-slider flow? like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7267054 Tru tho it's intentionally the way it's currently so it lines up with the body of 01:18:639 (1) - changed it little nevertheless
- 01:20:218 (1,2,3,4) - SVchange NC pls as above ^
- 01:44:691 (5,1) - how about blanket? blanket with what? Ain't it doing it already? If you mean the following object 01:45:875 (2) - no that's not meant to (with 01:45:086 (1) -; 01:44:691 (5) - is blanketed by it too) However altered the blanket slightly since it didn't look like it was ideal
- 01:58:309 (2,3,4) - sound is heavy, clap this kind isn't suitable. i think drum addition sound is better I disagree, while snare as a sound is pretty sharp, these hear are relatively light in comparison with the surrounding sounds. Also I like to hitsound with sounds that are very similar to the original sounds, if possible, and here normal-clap is pretty nice. Although applied a gradual increase in the volume to better express the drum roll
- 02:42:125 (3,1) - too close, can confuse as 1/4 While I don't think this is really bad issue, it's true that it's having same spacing as the 1/4 (from slider tho) before it, which musically doesn't make too much sense. Arranged stuff
- 04:54:162 (4) - can remove body's hitsound? sounds weird You mean the whistlie on the sliderhead? I found it amusing that there are like 10 of those before this and each sounds very same (since I obviously used them on similar occasions) but you have mentioned none of em. Nevertheless seems kinda unfitting to me too, went through these all and made changes
- 04:56:531 (1,2) - u used this DS for 1/4, can confuse. how about just stack it? Not necessary. As I stated somewhere above, it plays relatively the same here regardless if the gap to the next is 1/2 or 1/4. Sure, the spacing can confuse here, but the player clicking on blue tick instead of the relevant red tick (with the sound and note) because of reading this as 1/4 due patterns in the map before is just illogical. However, for the sake of consisntency with the first occasion of this patterning in the first chorus, I made it larger instead. Didn't make changes to the occasion in second chorus, which due the double triplet pattern before is supposed to flow differently (farther)
- 04:58:504 (2,3) - ^ pretty similar case

I found some major problems in this map,
first used too many unnecessary 1/4s. of course you can make sticky effect by using this, but 03:34:427 (1,2,3) - 05:04:425 (1,2,3,4) - this kind overused. What defines your "too many unnecessary"? Is it the gameplay? Relevancy to the music? Nevertheless, that's the idea here. First of all, that second example at 05:04:425 (1,2,3,4) - isn't even suffering gameplay-wise from this. The 1st example doesn't play as perfectly as it could, sure, but this stickiness you mentioned here, the slighty uncomfortability, is what I'm going for here. It's how I'm expressing the song. First of all, there's hella lot sounds kinda dragging on, which is then suitable for dragging slider ends. That's not all though. My main idea with the slight uncomfortable sticky feeling is how the song works ideology wise, as in, it's talking about sin. Your sin. Dunno if you have been thinking much 'bout that, but thinking about your sins is hella uncomfortable. You get what I'm going for? I don't want to make it play badly, but subpar performance is okay if the effect is in desired scale.

and distance logic. u used all different DS in each rhythms, I mean, 02:26:533 (1,2) - 02:28:112 (1,2,3) - same 1/4, but visual distance is different. can see in here http://puu.sh/tTC1P/5dc8040d43.jpg . this makes your map looks unstable and irregular. check your map once again considering this. First of all, this is really bad example. These parts are clearly very different intensity and emphasis-wise. The idea you mentioned, however, is nothing wrong. What makes me very sceptical here though, is how the example you mentioned not only has the flaw I mentioned before, but it's also "slight" if you can so say. While percentually almost double, in raw distance the difference is pretty small. It's not like the patterns have completely different spacing, irrelevant compared to the music. Maps nowadays (except maybe very easy ones) don't have perfectly equal distance and visual spacing, what matters is how it fits the music (and thus especially if similar music is mapped drastically differently). That's where checking the map again sure comes to the pic

good luck!
Thanks for the mod!
LimePixel
Hi! M4M for your queue :)

I know it's a bit stupid, but your darker red custom color looks more like a brown. Don't know if it's only for me. Moving on...

01:34:231 (7) - Move this on top of 01:33:836 (5)? So spacing is relatively the same, but still emphasizes the sounds correctly

01:38:375 (3) - Slider ends a bit too late, on a strong sound. End it on the blue tick before the white tick, and maybe put a slider starting on the white tick and ending on 01:38:968 (4) ?

01:43:112 (3) - Same as above

02:04:428 (5) - Slider end missing hitsound. Doesn't match up with music

02:27:322 (3,5) - Stack

04:31:268 (1,3,5,7,1) - These sometimes stack sometimes not. Either make them to always stack or slowly go further and further away from #1

04:44:689 (3) - Make a different shape? Because 04:44:097 (2) is the identical shape, but they have a different slider velocity. Seems out of place

Amazing work on the colors! Loved the detail, and it's overall really fun to play :)
Ignore if this isn't helpful. Good luck!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

LimePixel wrote:

Hi! M4M for your queue :)

I know it's a bit stupid, but your darker red custom color looks more like a brown. Don't know if it's only for me. Moving on... Lol I guess it's kinda moving towards the dark reddish brown section, but it's fitting enough as is (and is red enough too I guess). Maybe skin affects a little too, who knows?

01:34:231 (7) - Move this on top of 01:33:836 (5)? So spacing is relatively the same, but still emphasizes the sounds correctly Spacing would actually change from ~4x to ~3x and I don't really want to apply that kind of sharp back and forth between exact same spots since that kind of stuff ain't really used in the map. No changes here

01:38:375 (3) - Slider ends a bit too late, on a strong sound. End it on the blue tick before the white tick, and maybe put a slider starting on the white tick and ending on 01:38:968 (4) ? Nope for the latter slider, I want to circle the bass drum sound at 01:38:968 (4) - but yeah I wonder why I haven't done the other one before since that's essentially what the sliders before it are lol

01:43:112 (3) - Same as above Same as above ^^

02:04:428 (5) - Slider end missing hitsound. Doesn't match up with music Lol applied (with lower volume tho)

02:27:322 (3,5) - Stack I guess I could, but I intentionally variated between stacking and almost stacking like this along the map for slight variation in how the jump patterns feel, look and play. No changes here

04:31:268 (1,3,5,7,1) - These sometimes stack sometimes not. Either make them to always stack or slowly go further and further away from #1 I guess I had something in mind when doing this, but now it's gradually increasing (except 04:33:636 (1,2) - which are definitely supposed to be stacked here)

04:44:689 (3) - Make a different shape? Because 04:44:097 (2) is the identical shape, but they have a different slider velocity. Seems out of place You have a point there but because it's kinda necessary there if I want to keep the visual structure, no changes here. The effect isn't too drastic anyways and shouldn't be actually too problematic

Amazing work on the colors! Loved the detail, and it's overall really fun to play :)
Ignore if this isn't helpful. Good luck!
Thanks for the mod!
Lgndzr
Hi, M4M from your queue!

Beginning (til 01:07:586 (1))

It's not very consistent; spacing is the same for 1/4 and 1/2 but at 00:08:771 but changed at 00:27:719 even though the rhythm is relatively the same.
You should make the spacing consistent through the opening part, imo so that it isn't the same as 1/2 flows, it was quite confusing when I first played it.

00:24:955 (1,2,3) - I feel this needs more beats. Perhaps add some 1/2 singles instead of long sliders.

I think there's work to do with the beat placements, for example patterns like 00:14:692 (7,8) - could be like this
(or just curve it slightly so it looks nicer)

Rest

01:13:902 (1,2) - Here the first slider is fast and the second slow, you could do something like this
for imo more engaging and natural pattern because your cursor is already moving fast because of the first slider.
01:20:218 (1,2,3,4,1) - Same here etc, there's plenty of places you can apply this.

There's almost no slider to slider jumps on the harder jump parts (ex. 04:06:400 (1)) and most sliders
are very close to eachother, consider adding some slider to slider jumps to some parts.

01:59:691 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - there is not much spacing difference with the
2 tick sliders and the 3 tick sliders. 02:01:665 (6,7) - here there's big space between and here 02:02:454 (8,1) - almost
no space at all even though they are equally close on timeline. 02:02:849 (1,2) - has one tick inbetween
but is still very close to the first slider. I really suggest you differentiate these sliders with proper spacing for easier
readability.
03:14:295 (2,3,4,1,2) - ^

This is completely subjective, but I think the slider aesthetics are severely lacking, the placement seems pretty random at times.
Example: 03:02:848 (1,2,3) - looks pretty shoddy in my eyes. My suggestion is to do something like this:
Note that the objects are about the same distance apart and imo looks better. Note that plenty of places where you can apply this kind of theme.
02:33:638 (3,4,1) - ^

But yeah, those were the things that caught my eye. Hopefully you'll get it ranked since it's definitely more interesting than the TV sizes and vocaloid maps you see everyday.

Sorry if the text is messy or hard to understand :o , I haven't modded anything in years. Don't hesitate to ask me if there was something unclear.
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Lgndzr wrote:

Hi, M4M from your queue!

Beginning (til 01:07:586 (1))

It's not very consistent; spacing is the same for 1/4 and 1/2 but at 00:08:771 but changed at 00:27:719 even though the rhythm is relatively the same.
You should make the spacing consistent through the opening part, imo so that it isn't the same as 1/2 flows, it was quite confusing when I first played it. True and not, so let's first tackle on the links you said. Well, basically at 00:27:324 (6,7) - it's expressed according to the vocals, which are prolonged towards 00:27:719 (7) - for that sticky feeling, like you feel that could be a good place for slower slider that leads towards faster movement (which type of stuff is actually used a lot in this map). Due the already very slow SV that is not changed here tho (would not be possible to create nice contrast with those without fuckin up some things lol). Then at 00:08:377 (5,6) - there's no vocals (well, they fade out) which makes the guitar the main point here. What does the guitar do? Have two distinct sounds that actually aggressively lead towards the next harmonizing chord placement that is the 1st white tick of the measure 00:09:166 (1) - So yeah, basically that. It shouldn't be as inconsistent as it probably felt to you. (Also am probably very biased but not really finding it confusing when playing lol why would I when I'm the one who made it)

00:24:955 (1,2,3) - I feel this needs more beats. Perhaps add some 1/2 singles instead of long sliders. Yeah it would make sense for the vocals, but it's just that the vocals don't always make up that good rhythms and I try to avoid mapping rhythms according to them if I can avoid it (so thus here, as somewhat emphasised vocal syllables land on all of the sliderheads of 00:24:955 (1,2,3) - where there are the instrumental points as well, and then even too on the 2 guitar sounds at 00:26:929 (4,5) -; I'm gonna prefer it to actually mapping the vocals

I think there's work to do with the beat placements, for example patterns like 00:14:692 (7,8) - could be like this Tbh I don't see the reason why, I think the current one looks better (and the more circular movement is smoother (while it is not meant to be everywhere in this map I guess :thinking:))But I guess these are heavily subjective things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(or just curve it slightly so it looks nicer) Not really against curving tbh, wouldn't look bad I guess, but that'd go against what I'm doing here

Rest

01:13:902 (1,2) - Here the first slider is fast and the second slow, you could do something like this
for imo more engaging and natural pattern because your cursor is already moving fast because of the first slider.
01:20:218 (1,2,3,4,1) - Same here etc, there's plenty of places you can apply this. Agree there are plenty of places (cuz that repeats some times) but the way it is mapped is intentionally the way it is currently. 01:13:902 (1,3) - the sounds feel very strong, and while 01:14:297 (2,4) - have the similar type of sounds, they feel like pale shadows of the former ones (echo perhaps?). But anyways, 01:14:297 (2,4) - are supposed to work like quasi-circles, like how they stop the flow (good place for example stacked anti-jump break) but since the sounds are still continuous, it keeps moving (slightly). This way (unlike with circles) it also keeps up the stickiness that's present around the map

There's almost no slider to slider jumps on the harder jump parts (ex. 04:06:400 (1)) and most sliders
are very close to eachother, consider adding some slider to slider jumps to some parts. Well, not really adding just for the sake of it lol It probably feels like that because there are very many sliders (that one you linked too) that are prolonged. With the 1/4 gap it isn't usually very good idea to have large spacings. (And in the case of the slider you linked, it's even slowed down one, working in similar fashion to sliders like 00:46:666 (8,1) - where they barely even have any spacing to the next object

01:59:691 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - there is not much spacing difference with the
2 tick sliders and the 3 tick sliders. 02:01:665 (6,7) - here there's big space between and here 02:02:454 (8,1) - almost
no space at all even though they are equally close on timeline. 02:02:849 (1,2) - has one tick inbetween
but is still very close to the first slider. I really suggest you differentiate these sliders with proper spacing for easier
readability.
03:14:295 (2,3,4,1,2) - ^ Well, first of all, not every one of the prolonged sliders have a completely same function. Tho agree that spacing between 02:01:665 (6,7) - is pretty massive, not like it needs to be that big. 02:02:849 (1,2) - ain't really that close to each other, but due the visual spacing it creates the illusion. Rotated them a lil' to improve it

This is completely subjective, but I think the slider aesthetics are severely lacking, the placement seems pretty random at times.
Example: 03:02:848 (1,2,3) - looks pretty shoddy in my eyes. My suggestion is to do something like this: True enough, done
Note that the objects are about the same distance apart and imo looks better. Note that plenty of places where you can apply this kind of theme. Not really as many as you think prob tho.
02:33:638 (3,4,1) - ^ For example this is definitely not supposed to have equal visual distance between objects

But yeah, those were the things that caught my eye. Hopefully you'll get it ranked since it's definitely more interesting than the TV sizes and vocaloid maps you see everyday.

Sorry if the text is messy or hard to understand :o , I haven't modded anything in years. Don't hesitate to ask me if there was something unclear.
Late af EDIT: Thanks for the mod! (smh was I asleep or smth)
Phos-
Hey, m4m from your queue!

[Forbidden Fruit]
  1. You should convert your soft-hitclap2.mp3 into a .wav file, because these are much more compatible with the .osz format. Also, every other custom hitsound is a .wav so I don't see why this should be different.
  2. I feel like the hp would be better at a value like 5, because I noticed that it was very hard to recover hp during the jump sections.
  3. You should place a spinner somewhere in your map so that the scores have a healthy fluctuation and the first place rank isn't solely determined by who SS's it first.
  4. 01:06:797 (2,3) - Personally, I think these would be better with a slight angle to them to achieve a more modern look.
  5. 01:09:165 (1,2) - This can be very hard to read, because of how the perimeter of the hitcircle is completely overlapped by the slider. Lots of skins (including the default skin) have the edge of the hitcircle highlighted in a different colour to ease in visibility, so having a pattern like this will cause most players to completely miss the note due to not seeing it. Something like this would be much better. Not only is it easier to read, but it also looks nicer because of the blanket. Do this to all similar patterns as well, such as 01:10:744 (1,2) - , 01:12:323 (1,2) - 01:15:481 (1,2) - , ...etc.
  6. 02:24:954 (1,2,3) - Maybe you can have (3) curve in a way so that it's parallel with (2), like this. I think ti would help enforce the "curvy" theme you have at the moment, as well as looking nicer and more structured.
  7. 02:33:638 (3,4) - Not too big on this overlap. I find it a bit out of place with this section of the song, and it also doesn't look very nice. I would change it up, because I think there are more things you can do here.
  8. 02:51:203 (5) - This slider goes offscreen, which is against the ranking criteria. You should move it up a bit.
  9. 03:15:085 (4,1) - I feel like the flow to this note could be a bit better. (4) faces away from (1), meaning the player has to make a jerky motion to hit it once the slider is finished.
  10. 03:39:558 (2,3,4) - The triangle looks a bit off, and I feel like lots of people could notice it while playing. I would neaten it up a bit.
  11. 03:49:821 (4) - I feel like a curved slider would be more appropriate here, because I found that the vast majority of short sliders in the heavenly sections have smooth curves.
  12. 04:12:716 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Really not a fan of this back and forth. The music doesn't call for it because it changes, and imo it can be difficult to read as three notes are stacked under each other. Overall, this is just out of place considering the style of jumps you've used throughout this map.
  13. 04:17:847 (5,6,7,8) - I feel like these jumps deserve more emphasis than the others, as you've chosen to highlight these notes using drum finishes. I would either increase the spacing of these jumps, or reduce the spacing of the jumps beforehand (since the jumps are already pretty big here.)
  14. 04:32:057 (4,5) - Is the finish on the end of (4) intentional? Firstly, it feels strange having a finish on a non-clickable beat, and secondly; this is rather inconsistent because you don't use this amount of finishes anywhere else in the map.
I like some aspects of the map, such as the combo colours and jumps, but I feel like some aspects such as aesthetics and structure could do with some work. Overall, I still think it's quite unique though. Good luck ~
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

-Faded- wrote:

Hey, m4m from your queue!

[Forbidden Fruit]
  1. You should convert your soft-hitclap2.mp3 into a .wav file, because these are much more compatible with the .osz format. Also, every other custom hitsound is a .wav so I don't see why this should be different. lol didn't even know it was mp3, I wonder when did that happen. Fixed (also fixed the small delay in the beginning of the hitsound.
  2. I feel like the hp would be better at a value like 5, because I noticed that it was very hard to recover hp during the jump sections. Mmm dunno tbh, it's supposed to be fairly punishing. But tuned to 5,5 for now
  3. You should place a spinner somewhere in your map so that the scores have a healthy fluctuation and the first place rank isn't solely determined by who SS's it first. Yeah I guess there is guideline like that somewhere, but I go music first. If there isn't section in the music that feels suitable for spinner, I won't use one.
  4. 01:06:797 (2,3) - Personally, I think these would be better with a slight angle to them to achieve a more modern look. While rational suggestion, I don't deem it necessary. There are plenty other not-curved short sliders too, and I think these fit this part better for what the music is going to do. As in, the non-curved (or red-anchored curves) feel more aggressive, more cold, and that's what that part is getting at. The vocals are changing from the soothing cleans to the devilish screams
  5. 01:09:165 (1,2) - This can be very hard to read, because of how the perimeter of the hitcircle is completely overlapped by the slider. Lots of skins (including the default skin) have the edge of the hitcircle highlighted in a different colour to ease in visibility, so having a pattern like this will cause most players to completely miss the note due to not seeing it. Something like this would be much better. Not only is it easier to read, but it also looks nicer because of the blanket. Do this to all similar patterns as well, such as 01:10:744 (1,2) - , 01:12:323 (1,2) - 01:15:481 (1,2) - , ...etc. While I don't think the effect to playability is that grave (I agree there is effect though, it's just that atleast from my own experience,
    I play more according to rhythm I feel, not approach circles I see (except on rhythmically very sparse or random or fucked up timing sections and so on,
    where you need help to understand the structure)) I agree on multiple points here. I like how the current one envelops the circle more (as in, almost whole circle) but agree the blanket looks p neat. TLDR: I'm prob gonna experiment with few and see how it looks with stuff. Since I don't think the playability part is game-changing here, I'm gonna base my judgement mostly on how the visuals would be in comparison to what I'm seeking.
  6. 02:24:954 (1,2,3) - Maybe you can have (3) curve in a way so that it's parallel with (2), like this. I think ti would help enforce the "curvy" theme you have at the moment, as well as looking nicer and more structured. True enough. I wonder why I didn't do it that way originally though?
  7. 02:33:638 (3,4) - Not too big on this overlap. I find it a bit out of place with this section of the song, and it also doesn't look very nice. I would change it up, because I think there are more things you can do here. Nah, it's going according to what I wanted. It's one of the parts where the SV and spacing between them and thus the overall movement is supposed to express the music going towards feeling of stopping while changing from one phrase to the next one. As in, see for example 00:56:139 (8,1) - 01:29:297 (6,1) - 01:46:665 (4,1) - and so on. The sections like 01:47:060 - are very good example as you can compare it to the musical structure easily at the same time, seeing that this type of pattern is used always at the same stop, at the point where phrase ends and new begins. All of these patterns are made so that the movement almost stops as the low SV sliders overlappingly lead towards the next objects (usually slider too)
  8. 02:51:203 (5) - This slider goes offscreen, which is against the ranking criteria. You should move it up a bit. True enough, although it was completely playable nevertheless. Anyways it's all the way in now
  9. 03:15:085 (4,1) - I feel like the flow to this note could be a bit better. (4) faces away from (1), meaning the player has to make a jerky motion to hit it once the slider is finished. I don't think it's a problem, you don't even need to use slider leniency for that, when the sliderend is already overlapping with the head of the new one. Basically it's one of those slider pattern thingyes I explained a lot of shit about above. The "mispositioned" beginning point is one of the aspects, though arguably you are right this one has fairly strong one at that. All in all anyways though, I don't think it's a problem to play
  10. 03:39:558 (2,3,4) - The triangle looks a bit off, and I feel like lots of people could notice it while playing. I would neaten it up a bit. I don't think it is. All the DS are the same, which in the shape of triangle can only mean that the angles are same as well. Going onwards, both of these attributes (alone too, since they lead to the other being fact too) are ones of an equilateral triangle. Or with less mathematics and more osu!familiar terms, it was done with the polygon tool. So I kinda doubt this
  11. 03:49:821 (4) - I feel like a curved slider would be more appropriate here, because I found that the vast majority of short sliders in the heavenly sections have smooth curves. Agree lol
  12. 04:12:716 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Really not a fan of this back and forth. The music doesn't call for it because it changes, and imo it can be difficult to read as three notes are stacked under each other. Overall, this is just out of place considering the style of jumps you've used throughout this map. Dunno bout your comment about the overall style of jumps, but don't really think this is that unfitting. The pattern is straight basing on the similar one before it (04:09:558 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - ) which then is basing on the patterns before it, using the stacks from the build-up of the solo and combining them with how the solo guitar is doing things. Couple times with overlaps, couple times with stacks. Both play about the same(
  13. 04:17:847 (5,6,7,8) - I feel like these jumps deserve more emphasis than the others, as you've chosen to highlight these notes using drum finishes. I would either increase the spacing of these jumps, or reduce the spacing of the jumps beforehand (since the jumps are already pretty big here.) I'm not highlighting anything with the drum-finishes though, they are there because that's what the drum is playing, and as a drum sound it's not particularly intense.
  14. 04:32:057 (4,5) - Is the finish on the end of (4) intentional? Firstly, it feels strange having a finish on a non-clickable beat, and secondly; this is rather inconsistent because you don't use this amount of finishes anywhere else in the map. Lol right there shouldn't be one, good catch. Well, I agree there isn't this amount of finishes anywhere else in the map, because there isn't this amount of finishes anywhere else in the song. That being said, if it seems weird to ppl, I'll just tamper with the volume of things here and there. Anyways I don't see it being acute problem.
I like some aspects of the map, such as the combo colours and jumps, but I feel like some aspects such as aesthetics and structure could do with some work. Overall, I still think it's quite unique though. Good luck ~
Thanks for the mod!
hohol454
Way too late M4M 3/3
your spacing in the intro is a bit random imo. some drum hits have no jumps like 00:54:758 (3,4) - , 00:57:915 (3,4) - and 01:01:073 (3,4) - while others do 00:58:902 (6,7) -
00:55:350 (5) - no need to silence this sliderend because drums
01:08:968 (8,1) - awkward to play. The spacing slightly decreases on the most important sound and you also have to slow down on the slider because of low SV. Rotating the slider a bit clockwise around it's axis would put the head further away and help with the slowdown as you would have a change of direction.
similar thing happens on some other round sliders too but not as much so it's not a problem
01:37:981 (2,3) - looks weird, are you sure you can't do the same thing with normal sliders if you rotated 2 clockwise?
02:10:743 (1,2) - shouldn't 2 have lower spacing than 02:10:546 (5,1) - if you want snares to be the more important sound
03:09:558 (2) - why isn't this 3/4 with silenced sliderend? no syllable on the red tick unlike 03:05:611 (5) -
03:11:137 (2) - same

Really fun to play and a good song, gl with this
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

hohol454 wrote:

Way too late M4M 3/3
your spacing in the intro is a bit random imo. some drum hits have no jumps like 00:54:758 (3,4) - , 00:57:915 (3,4) - and 01:01:073 (3,4) - while others do 00:58:902 (6,7) - First I was going to comment that I have replied to this issue by the modders before you already so you can just read them since I won't write essay here, but then I realized you aren't talking about the 1/4 stuff and that (when I actually checked those you linked). So for these, you actually have a point. Frankly, I didn't even think nearly as far with these as with the stuff I mentioned, since tbh, with this bpm and the spacings here, none of these 1/2 is a drastic jump, and they are basically of the same nature: calm. So while you actually have a point here, I don't think the issue is really change-worthy.
00:55:350 (5) - no need to silence this sliderend because drums Oh yeah you mean that very quiet snare roll? (dem ghost notes though) That's right I guess, though the usual sound isn't really fitting for such quiet one there, but did smth. (basically, it's still silenced but there's additional clap hitsound with sample that is most like quiet snare there
01:08:968 (8,1) - awkward to play. The spacing slightly decreases on the most important sound and you also have to slow down on the slider because of low SV. Rotating the slider a bit clockwise around it's axis would put the head further away and help with the slowdown as you would have a change of direction.
similar thing happens on some other round sliders too but not as much so it's not a problem I don't think it's a big problem either, but tbh I have some things in works for these buddies due some earlier mod so I think I'm going to do this later on with that
01:37:981 (2,3) - looks weird, are you sure you can't do the same thing with normal sliders if you rotated 2 clockwise? I think it looks pretty cool tbh. Unlike the casual curved sliders and stuff which is mostly used for the instrumentals, these are almost solely based on those sweet vocals. Thus they are little spicified from the usual things, with the most dominant vocal part getting the sharp one at 01:37:586 (1) - and then the following ones getting the smoother one
02:10:743 (1,2) - shouldn't 2 have lower spacing than 02:10:546 (5,1) - if you want snares to be the more important sound Good point I guess, and luckily it's section with more chances for changes
03:09:558 (2) - why isn't this 3/4 with silenced sliderend? no syllable on the red tick unlike 03:05:611 (5) -
03:11:137 (2) - same Okay so 03:11:137 (2) - is fairly simple. While there kinda is no syllable of it's own, there is heavy pronounciation on that tick for the d in the blood, and it's basically feeling as if there would be sound. Same idea with the 03:09:558 (2) - one. Basically it boils down to which one of the options feels better, and with the nature of the vocals here I ended up with these because it felt more natural to me.

Really fun to play and a good song, gl with this
Thanks for the mod!
EDIT: why the f do everyone always get 2 kudosu from modding my maps wot
DeletedUser_10209520
Heyo! Returning (?) the M4M from your queue!

jesus christ armwrestles terry crews, colorized circa 20BC
00:17:850 (6,7,8,9) - The way this is emphasised right now is like du du DU DU, but I feel like the song is more like DU du DU du. Ordering the notes like this would let you emphasise like that without making large changes to structure, although you might need to reorganise a bit to keep consistent DS like the rest of this section - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10162237

00:21:798 (1,2) - Might be a little unpredictable. Later on these 1/4 beats are signalled with 2 straight sliders, but here it's not. Maybe reorganise this a bit to make it more consistent - adding a red anchor to 1 and making 2 straight could make it more consistent with 1/4 signalling later on.

00:40:745 (1,2) - This isn't a large issue, but this just doesn't quite look right to me. Like 1 should be more parallel against 2, and blanket it more or something. Again, not really something that needs addressing if it would cause issues though.

01:01:863 (5,6) - This 1/4 gap is also different to the rest. By this point, the player expects a 1/4 gap to land on two white ticks. However, this one lands on two red ticks, making it a little more unpredictable. Additionally, the distancing is exactly the same as the 1/2 gap between 01:01:271 (4,5) - , further signalling that this would be a 1/2 beat. It might be worth reducing DS here because of this, just so that it's a little more predictable.

01:15:481 (1) - This slider kills the circular flow from the pattern before, making it a little uncomfortable. This might be intentional for emphasis, though.

04:40:939 (2,3,4) - This is pretty uncomfortable IMO. It'd be much more comfortable to play if 4 were Ctrl+G'ed, to reduce the extremety of the wide angle.

05:36:399 (8) - This kinda just looks like a blob. Might be worth spreading it out a bit more, to make it look more like a defined shape than my dude Pou.

Overall, looks fairly polished now. A few kinks with the 1/4 gaps, although overall they're consistent. The entire middle section is fine, IMO. Lots of jumps and slow sliders, I'm all for it. Filler rhythm is fine, structure makes sense, shouldn't need too much more work now before this can be properly pushed to ranked.

GL, HF!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

SuperCSGO wrote:

Heyo! Returning (?) the M4M from your queue! :thinking:

jesus christ armwrestles terry crews, colorized circa 20BC
00:17:850 (6,7,8,9) - The way this is emphasised right now is like du du DU DU, but I feel like the song is more like DU du DU du. Ordering the notes like this would let you emphasise like that without making large changes to structure, although you might need to reorganise a bit to keep consistent DS like the rest of this section - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10162237 kinda agree and kinda disagree. First of all I think its more like Du du DU Du DU for 00:17:850 (6,7,8,9,1) - ; basically while the sounds for the 4 stay sort of the same, the intensity in the music goes up as it's leading towards the leading sound and the beginning of the next phrase, 00:18:640 (1) - ; thus it's not bad that the spacing of the latter 2 is higher than the former 2, important is that 00:17:850 (6,8,1) - are more emphasised than 00:18:048 (7,9) - which is here basically done with the back-and-forths so that the more emphasised ones are the places where the back-and-forth increases in spacing. Sadly this doesn't quite work the same with 00:17:455 (5,6) - due the 1/4 gap, but it's fine since 00:17:850 (6) - is the least intense out of 00:17:850 (6,8,1) - anyways and 1/4 doesn't work quite the same as 1/2. Also for your suggestion, it'd contain like no emphasis on the strongest sound of these, 00:18:640 (1) -

00:21:798 (1,2) - Might be a little unpredictable. Later on these 1/4 beats are signalled with 2 straight sliders, but here it's not. Maybe reorganise this a bit to make it more consistent - adding a red anchor to 1 and making 2 straight could make it more consistent with 1/4 signalling later on. Agree it might be unpredictable compared to many examples of 1/4 in here, but I don't it will cause problems. First of all it's emphasising a fairly uniquely executed vocal part (which haves heavy emphasis on the transition between the syllables that builds up during 00:21:798 (1) - ; I think the pattern represents it pretty well)

00:40:745 (1,2) - This isn't a large issue, but this just doesn't quite look right to me. Like 1 should be more parallel against 2, and blanket it more or something. Again, not really something that needs addressing if it would cause issues though. You are right it actually could be more parallel.
It can't quite blanket more though, since 00:40:745 (1) - can't blanket 00:41:534 (2) - anyways and 00:41:534 (2) - is already blanketing 00:40:745 (1) - for what it's length can do. 00:42:126 (3) - is also better off not being very parallel with 00:40:745 (1) - imo so I guess I'll let this stay as it is

01:01:863 (5,6) - This 1/4 gap is also different to the rest. By this point, the player expects a 1/4 gap to land on two white ticks. However, this one lands on two red ticks, making it a little more unpredictable. Additionally, the distancing is exactly the same as the 1/2 gap between 01:01:271 (4,5) - , further signalling that this would be a 1/2 beat. It might be worth reducing DS here because of this, just so that it's a little more predictable. Legitimate concern sort of, but lemme clarify couple things first: visual spacing aside, the playing distance (DS here) isn't even close between the 1/2 and 1/4. Or more like, they are about the same with DS, which basically means the 1/2 is about two times larger spacing than the 1/4, which sounds perfectly okay, since that basically means the two fill feel different to the player and make it playable. It's just that due the sliderbody direction the head happens to be about the same visual distance from the following object, but you should read from the distance of the tail, not head. As for why 01:01:863 (5,6,7) - is so large spacing for 1/4, it's purely for emphasis. The pattern is very similar to 00:45:481 (4,5) - but just with more spacing. The spacing increase accounts for the overall increase in the songs intensity due the build-up but also the fact you too mentioned: they are on red ticks which makes them feel different. They feel more intense and fast and strongly leading towards the next emphasised point with that offdownbeat nature. Basically I want to note that here as well

01:15:481 (1) - This slider kills the circular flow from the pattern before, making it a little uncomfortable. This might be intentional for emphasis, though. sort of and sort of not. It's sure going the other way than the circle before, but it's beginning off of the same direction and just turning the other way. Basically it's both direction change for emphasis but smooth transition for flow (atleast doesn't feel uncomfortable to me >.<)

04:40:939 (2,3,4) - This is pretty uncomfortable IMO. It'd be much more comfortable to play if 4 were Ctrl+G'ed, to reduce the extremety of the wide angle. yeah good idea, done

05:36:399 (8) - This kinda just looks like a blob. Might be worth spreading it out a bit more, to make it look more like a defined shape than my dude Pou. rofl this is now called Pou The Slider. Anyways (within the restrictions of its relatively short length) I think it's doing exactly what I want.
Not only is sort of inwards turning slider good for an ending note, it's also fitting for the last sound as in first half for the sound coming in and during it's prime and the latter half (going sort of backwards) for the dying part of the sound, the middle turn being the turning point. This slider feels like the dot in the sentence that is this map. TLDR: I actually quite like it, so no change ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Overall, looks fairly polished now. A few kinks with the 1/4 gaps, although overall they're consistent. The entire middle section is fine, IMO. Lots of jumps and slow sliders, I'm all for it. Filler rhythm is fine, structure makes sense, shouldn't need too much more work now before this can be properly pushed to ranked.

GL, HF!
Thanks for the mod!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
FeelsGoodMan another map revived what is this
and another modder getting 2 kudosu hm
Gordon123
nice map
pimp
the battle that will decide the fate of humanity is an Arm Wrestling match between Lucifer and Jesus

too bad this is not modding v2, not much to say about the map, it's well made.

General

Do you really want to use constant kiai time? the song doesn't supports usage of kiai at all imo. it would be better to use just short kiais only on the most outstanding sounds like 02:12:322 (1) - 02:15:480 (1) - 02:18:638 (1) - 02:21:796 (1) - 02:24:954 (1) - 02:28:112 (1) - 02:31:270 (1) - 02:34:427 (1) - 02:37:585 (1) - Another thing to consider is that the kiai are only activated during the parts you use pure white combo color, that is already discouraged to be used (even more discouraged when combined with kiai time because it creates unpleasant pulses that can even cause epilepsy).

FF

00:12:324 (1) - i would like to see those slider ends silenced since there is no sound there (or a significant sound starting there) and because you already do this in some other parts like 00:48:639 (4,5,6) -
00:31:271 (1) - same
00:34:429 (1) - same
00:37:587 (1) - same
00:40:745 (1) - same (there are even more places)
00:55:350 (5) - is this clap at the slider end intentional? i can barely hear a sound on that slider end, this is not the impression the song intended to give. I would pick a lower pitched hitsound if i was to hitsound something that unnoticeable.
01:39:165 (1,2,3) - 02:02:454 (8) - 02:33:638 (3,4,1) - people usually have slider ticks and/or extra new combos to make this type of sv change more predictable during gameplay. not planning to do something like that?
04:02:255 (4) - 03:55:742 (9,10,11) - 03:58:900 (10,11) - this and other similar parts should have their volume reduced to help differ them more from the parts around them that have the loud low pitched guitar strums.
05:36:399 (8) - do you really want this to touch the hp bar? it seems avoidable with very little effort

nice map song and bg, have a star
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

pimpG wrote:

the battle that will decide the fate of humanity is an Arm Wrestling match between Lucifer and Jesus

too bad this is not modding v2, not much to say about the map, it's well made.

General

Do you really want to use constant kiai time? the song doesn't supports usage of kiai at all imo. it would be better to use just short kiais only on the most outstanding sounds like 02:12:322 (1) - 02:15:480 (1) - 02:18:638 (1) - 02:21:796 (1) - 02:24:954 (1) - 02:28:112 (1) - 02:31:270 (1) - 02:34:427 (1) - 02:37:585 (1) - Another thing to consider is that the kiai are only activated during the parts you use pure white combo color, that is already discouraged to be used (even more discouraged when combined with kiai time because it creates unpleasant pulses that can even cause epilepsy). I think it works fairly well, after all, it's pretty much the classic verse/chorus system where I have kiai'd the choruses. I have been pondering as for what do with the solo, to kiai parts or not, but that can wait since it's fairly simple to do if something arises. Hadn't heard of that epilepsy problem with this stuff, but I doubt it will be problematic here since for what I know of epilepsy the important part is the kiai effect not the white color, and the kiais are used fairly sparsely and for consistent times and not bursts. I guess I shall see though if I get more feedback on that or not.

FF

00:12:324 (1) - i would like to see those slider ends silenced since there is no sound there (or a significant sound starting there) and because you already do this in some other parts like 00:48:639 (4,5,6) - Answer here for most of these: I mostly used silenced tails for 1/4 transitions, since they don't fit the music. For 1/2, not only do they most of the time fit the music even if there isn't audible sound, often there is "ghost notes" by the acoustics back lash (dunno if that's what they are called here since that's a drum term) So not only do they fit and are sometimes even what should be done, but it's also worth mentioning that it would be preferable to create more differentiation between 1/2 and 1/4 where it's possible so for example here. As for why I have silenced slidertails like 00:48:639 (4,5,6) - ; probably due they being filler rhythmish for the 1/1 guitar, but that wasnt quite true only middle one didn't have any sound on red tick. So tuned the ends, 2 of them now have sounds.
00:31:271 (1) - same
00:34:429 (1) - same
00:37:587 (1) - same
00:40:745 (1) - same (there are even more places) ^
00:55:350 (5) - is this clap at the slider end intentional? i can barely hear a sound on that slider end, this is not the impression the song intended to give. I would pick a lower pitched hitsound if i was to hitsound something that unnoticeable. Yes it is, since there's soft snare drum roll towards the downbeat. As for why you think it's too noticeable, dunno, I wouldn't probably even notice it if I didn't know it placed it there, it blends pretty well there. I think it's pretty nice touch and fairly unnoticeable already so with no negative effects.
01:39:165 (1,2,3) - 02:02:454 (8) - 02:33:638 (3,4,1) - people usually have slider ticks and/or extra new combos to make this type of sv change more predictable during gameplay. not planning to do something like that? Not necessary. With low bpm and not astronomical SV alterations the changes aren't too drastic and not too harsh to follow. Additionally, the ideas are very commonly used with consistent sounds and orders (like for example group of four of fast->slow->fast->slow or the prolonged sound emphasis slowed down sliders with 1/4 gap towards the downbeat) and player should be familiar with them.
04:02:255 (4) - 03:55:742 (9,10,11) - 03:58:900 (10,11) - this and other similar parts should have their volume reduced to help differ them more from the parts around them that have the loud low pitched guitar strums. The one with the loud snare aside, good point indeed on the full vocal ones. Changed (vocal only to half hp) and going through the map seems like I have been doing this similar stuff in many places already
05:36:399 (8) - do you really want this to touch the hp bar? it seems avoidable with very little effort Indeed. Tuned it (now 05:34:622 (2,3) - don't touch it either)

nice map song and bg, have a star
Thanks for the mod!
Amandia
Hi, M4M! I'm really sorry about not returning this immediately, I never received any email notifications about my map so I didn't realize my request had actually been accepted (thank you so much, I will get to it as soon as I can!)

- 00:11:140 (6,7,8) - I noticed that on this pattern you did not use the same spacing as what you had used earlier for 00:07:982 (4,5,6) - . Here, the spacing is much lower despite both following the same guitar strumming.

- 00:23:771 (4,5,6) - I would say the same applies to this pattern too

- 00:26:337 (3,4,5) - I understand that you are following the guitar strumming? Following that logic though, I believe 00:26:929 (4,5) - should be a slider then, as there is no guitar strum on the red tick as contrasted by 00:27:719 (7,8) -

- 00:43:113 (5) - A soft-hitfinish hitsound here? There's a noticeable cymbal

- 00:56:139 (8,1) - I think you could have moved slider 1 farther leftward, even creating a gap in space between 8 and 1 instead. A bit of a jump here would be nice. I think the overlap doesn't properly convey the strong drum hit on 00:56:534 - .

- 00:59:692 (1,2) - Also, this jump felt rather unexpected due to the lack of a strong beat. In comparison to sliders like 01:01:271 (4) - which I felt were more deserving of jumps.

- 01:04:429 (4,5) - I would say the same here. The large spacing onto 5 felt out of place since it was mapping to the vocalist rather than the drum which you had previously been mapping to.

- 01:08:573 (6,7,8) - The spacing becomes so much bigger here. I understand you are going for a crescendo? Perhaps making the jump from 6 to 7 a bit smaller would be better, so there is a bit more of a gradual shift.

- 01:35:612 (5,6) - To me, a 1/2 slider sounds more fitting here. I felt that the circle on 6 didn't feel supported by the song.

- 02:27:322 (3,4,5,6) - Similarly here, the large jumps felt a bit unfitting for the rather quiet guitar notes

- 02:33:638 (3,4,1) - This pattern felt slightly too cluttered for me. I think you could have done away with some of the overlapping here and made something a bit more spread out.

- 03:49:821 (4,1) - How about more spacing here too? Actually you could also add a finish hitsound onto the head for the cymbal again

- 03:52:979 (5) - And places like here could use a soft-finish too, sorry I'm just noticing this now but this could apply to previous choruses too.

After going through the map, it seemed like you missed a few finish hitsounds. As well, the two red combo colors looked quite similar in gameplay, I'm wondering if it's possible to contrast them a bit more. I also read that using pure-white combo colors on the kiai sections is not recommended so perhaps try a grey-tone instead?

I hope some of this was helpful. This is the upper limit of what I can play.
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Amandia wrote:

Hi, M4M! I'm really sorry about not returning this immediately, I never received any email notifications about my map so I didn't realize my request had actually been accepted (thank you so much, I will get to it as soon as I can!) no problem

- 00:11:140 (6,7,8) - I noticed that on this pattern you did not use the same spacing as what you had used earlier for 00:07:982 (4,5,6) - . Here, the spacing is much lower despite both following the same guitar strumming. I think I have this (and many others) discussed in earlier mods too; anyways with the former there's vocal support (for the first, brings different emphasis to them both) and latter not having vocals at all it feels logical to use more negative spacing emphasis for them so that it brings even more for the following beginning phrase.

- 00:23:771 (4,5,6) - I would say the same applies to this pattern too Pretty much same case, in same place in the musical phrasing too.

- 00:26:337 (3,4,5) - I understand that you are following the guitar strumming? Following that logic though, I believe 00:26:929 (4,5) - should be a slider then, as there is no guitar strum on the red tick as contrasted by 00:27:719 (7,8) - It's mostly guitars accompanied by vocal emphasis on spacing and rhythm (considering the guitar is fairly sparse and keeps the same so additional vocals spice it up. Here for example are very important vocal passages and thus they are mapped.

- 00:43:113 (5) - A soft-hitfinish hitsound here? There's a noticeable cymbal Very quite one though, my finish ain't too fitting for it. Also it's already notified with drum hitsound whistle (which default is softer chime thingy. For some reason I don't have it in the folder file catalogue though) Added it there

- 00:56:139 (8,1) - I think you could have moved slider 1 farther leftward, even creating a gap in space between 8 and 1 instead. A bit of a jump here would be nice. I think the overlap doesn't properly convey the strong drum hit on 00:56:534 - . Not necessary, the stopping of the movement is pretty much the idea of this/these patterns, there's plenty of these around. The SV change is to emphasise to forward going afterwards and at the same time it will give emphasis to the sound as well considering it ends up as the changing point.

- 00:59:692 (1,2) - Also, this jump felt rather unexpected due to the lack of a strong beat. In comparison to sliders like 01:01:271 (4) - which I felt were more deserving of jumps. while it lacks the strong kick bass drum, it still has both guitar and vocal on it. That being said 1/2 transitions between sliders on this bpm aren't really massive jumps anyways and it doesn't feel like particular emphasis tbh (which could be more on the latter ones you mentioned but I'd like to keep the overall feel calm until the actual intense parts.

- 01:04:429 (4,5) - I would say the same here. The large spacing onto 5 felt out of place since it was mapping to the vocalist rather than the drum which you had previously been mapping to. Maybe because it's to the vocal? The song so far (actually most of the time) is fairly sparse on every single aspect, so combining focus is important to keep the rhythms flowing forward. Thus it switches around guitars drums and vocals to create cohesive passage if possible. Here the vocals deserve some spotlight.

- 01:08:573 (6,7,8) - The spacing becomes so much bigger here. I understand you are going for a crescendo? Perhaps making the jump from 6 to 7 a bit smaller would be better, so there is a bit more of a gradual shift. I don't really see the need, the spacing is gradually getting larger and 6 to 7 lines up there with it. It's true the last few objects are all fairly large spacing so the hit on the last one isn't as emphasised, but that's because the last few snares don't really get louder anymore.

- 01:35:612 (5,6) - To me, a 1/2 slider sounds more fitting here. I felt that the circle on 6 didn't feel supported by the song. It's circles (and jumps) according to the orchestration stuff that is backgrounding most of the time but comes up occasionally. You can see more of these patterns around,
for example from 01:09:165 - on and similar sections.

- 02:27:322 (3,4,5,6) - Similarly here, the large jumps felt a bit unfitting for the rather quiet guitar notes They don't quite differ from any of the previous or following similar patterns in the kiai though; That being said I've been thinking of perhaps tuning the spacing on the kiais down here and there but we shall see if I actually do it or not. Depends on additional feedback on what people want. Actual playability is fine as is already.

- 02:33:638 (3,4,1) - This pattern felt slightly too cluttered for me. I think you could have done away with some of the overlapping here and made something a bit more spread out. I think it's cool. It's vocal following á la stuff like 01:36:402 (3,4,5,1,2,3) - combined with the previously mentioned low SV emphasis style addition like for example 01:49:823 (8,1) -

- 03:49:821 (4,1) - How about more spacing here too? Actually you could also add a finish hitsound onto the head for the cymbal again Same as above. This one ain't even overlapping as much anyways. As for the cymbal, it get's pretty drowned in the music so I don't think it's worth emphasising,
sounds better without.

- 03:52:979 (5) - And places like here could use a soft-finish too, sorry I'm just noticing this now but this could apply to previous choruses too. Indeed why not here. Lowered the hitsound volume though so it fits better. Also added couple to last chorus for fitting places since why not.

After going through the map, it seemed like you missed a few finish hitsounds. As well, the two red combo colors looked quite similar in gameplay, I'm wondering if it's possible to contrast them a bit more. I also read that using pure-white combo colors on the kiai sections is not recommended so perhaps try a grey-tone instead? The red ones are different enough tbh. As for white, I've heard things like that too, but for now it stays, I'll get more info on that. Pure white is very important for thematics here so wouldn't really want to get rid of it.

I hope some of this was helpful. This is the upper limit of what I can play.
Thanks for the mod!
Sieg
Hello, my m$M

General:
Background - it's kind of personal opinion but current one looks not really authentic. Probably some kind of more dark style will fit to the song theme better.
combo colors: pure white and light blue really hurt eyes with kiai flashes on play, also pure white is prohibited to be used because of this
00:43:903 (1) - try my finish, it's more authentic for this kind of music https://1drv.ms/u/s!AloFc9gTDryAg_4G3g_7kOOFJOuRkA

Forbidden Fruit:

00:07:982 (4,5) - Misleading, almost 00:07:390 (3) - in pixel size and with same DS, compare with 00:11:140 (6,7). Also with no real indication in rhythm unless you open map in editor first. So I suggest to make DS similar to 00:11:140 (6,7)
00:09:166 (1,2) - Again, absolutely no indication will just mislead to read this as 1\2 like 00:08:771 (6,7) . The slider size is too small and irrelevant because of this and not helps. This pmuch applies to this part(intro) because DS randomly connected\not connected in such spots.
^about, while I understand your stylistic of 3\4 sliders here and it's alright, it would be better to "introduce" such kind of rhythms before going straight to vary usage, this will improve overall perception a lot and will bring bit of acceleration to the structure which is not bad also.

00:54:758 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - This can be spaced to create contrast feeling corresponding to the bridge in music here.
01:01:271 (4,5,6) - Seems like a random spot to switch from string line to drum, it would be great for a bridge or strong vocal parts but I'm not sure about reason here, consider to keep strings line.
01:23:968 (3) - a bit closer to 01:23:968 (3) - placement (like on 01:21:797 (1,2) and 01:22:784 (5,1) ) will improve aesthetics
01:28:112 (1) - ^
01:37:981 (2,3) - Aesthetics, this slider shapes look off from what you using and that's not any special stop to to make such a vary also. I believe some simple variations with angled 01:37:586 (1) - will work better.
02:13:112 (3) - you probably wanted to put drum-hitwhistle here? They kind of fit in the spot and you have unused drum-hitwhistle.wav
02:17:849 (3) - ^ and other objects with D
02:10:349 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - And here we come to this, while overall it plays okay the contrast between low spaced\low velocity mapping and such jump is HUGE while music don't have such drastic changes, to me some softening to this would be also raising SV in kiais\big jumps parts or lowering spacing or count of consecutive circles.
02:22:980 (1,2) - 1\3 all out of sudden :3 Consider to replace 1,2 with slider, this will improve playability here. Also you can this to 03:39:558 (2,3)
04:48:636 (1,2,3) - Aesthetics, 3 can be move farther to avoid this overlap because it wan't intended i guess.
04:02:255 (4) - 2 green lines on the same spot

That's it, while I enjoyed playing this kind of low sw with jumps, as I mentioned most big ones seemed overdone to me.
gl~
Enkrypton
M4M from ur queue, going first as your rules say.

General
I would suggest a better background perhaps. A more darker and a drawn one would be nice. You can probably use this sub to find some fitting ones:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ImaginaryHellscapes/

Forbidden Fruit

01:33:244 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - don't completely stack these jumps to match with ur jumps here: 01:07:586 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8). The pretty much have the same structure and placement, i dont see the reason why the second one is completely stacked tho
02:53:374 (1,4) - blanket is a little bit off at the slider head. nudge left a little
02:54:953 (1) - the "scream" here sounds pretty smooth with a smoother pitch change and a red anchored slider doesnt seem to represent it well. also u used curve to map scream here 02:57:717 (6) - so just change that to a straight or curve slider
03:01:664 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - no praise feature in v1 but these jumps look really nice ; )
03:28:900 (3,1) - nudge sliderend upwards a bit to get a better blanket
So the jumps here are again not completely stacked and maps the drum: 03:30:282 (2,4,5,6). It would be good if the jumps at 03:33:637 (3,4,5,6) - also not completely stacked. The drums seems to be sounding like their are subsiding. It would be good if 03:34:229 (6) for example was moved a downwards Something like this perhaps
04:02:255 - two timing points here: https://enkrypton.s-ul.eu/zxMHoaxy.png
04:44:097 (2,3) - not sure if this is intentional but if it wasn't make it blanketed
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Sieg wrote:

Hello, my m$M

General:
Background - it's kind of personal opinion but current one looks not really authentic. Probably some kind of more dark style will fit to the song theme better.
combo colors: pure white and light blue really hurt eyes with kiai flashes on play, also pure white is prohibited to be used because of this Changing BG ain't necessary, this is pretty much as "authentic" in the thematics that you can get, this song is not about dark hell and shiz it's about the internal battle of the good and bad inside of us (here in terms of submitting to your desires or not for example) so this arm wrestling is very fitting. As for colors, I have heard of the white thingy (I think last mod mentioned it too) and I'll get some info on that (since personally I don't get it, no problem for me and restricting colors that are possible to be used here triggers me lol. Light blue isn't changin' white might get tuned but still keeping the light colors aspect with it and the blue.
00:43:903 (1) - try my finish, it's more authentic for this kind of music https://1drv.ms/u/s!AloFc9gTDryAg_4G3g_7kOOFJOuRkA If you mean only for this, not gonna implement additional hitsound. And as for most stuff I think the current is pretty cool imo; thanks though

Forbidden Fruit:

00:07:982 (4,5) - Misleading, almost 00:07:390 (3) - in pixel size and with same DS, compare with 00:11:140 (6,7). Also with no real indication in rhythm unless you open map in editor first. So I suggest to make DS similar to 00:11:140 (6,7)
00:09:166 (1,2) - Again, absolutely no indication will just mislead to read this as 1\2 like 00:08:771 (6,7) . The slider size is too small and irrelevant because of this and not helps. This pmuch applies to this part(intro) because DS randomly connected\not connected in such spots.
^about, while I understand your stylistic of 3\4 sliders here and it's alright, it would be better to "introduce" such kind of rhythms before going straight to vary usage, this will improve overall perception a lot and will bring bit of acceleration to the structure which is not bad also. Indeed, while I disagree with "random" since it's not random even if you didn't see the points, the point about introducing is not really wrong. I've gotten a lot of comments on this already so I'll see to make the rhythm familiar with first iterations, probably keeping the current usage after 00:31:271 - where the music changes anyways.

00:54:758 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - This can be spaced to create contrast feeling corresponding to the bridge in music here. As in you mean status quo is okay due what it is or additional or what (I presume the status quo due your point above) Regardless added little spacing to 00:55:744 (6,7) - since why not. Little is little
01:01:271 (4,5,6) - Seems like a random spot to switch from string line to drum, it would be great for a bridge or strong vocal parts but I'm not sure about reason here, consider to keep strings line. Not really, rather why'd I not follow the drums when they are most of the time a lot louder than guitar, especially as they spice the rhythmics lil' up so it's not the same guitar pattern over and over again
01:23:968 (3) - a bit closer to 01:23:968 (3) - placement (like on 01:21:797 (1,2) and 01:22:784 (5,1) ) will improve aesthetics Not needed, looks good as is (also I think you fucked up your links, well got what you meant anyways)
01:28:112 (1) - ^ ^
01:37:981 (2,3) - Aesthetics, this slider shapes look off from what you using and that's not any special stop to to make such a vary also. I believe some simple variations with angled 01:37:586 (1) - will work better. It's fine; 01:37:981 (2,3) - aren't like 01:37:586 (1) - because that will emphasise it as the strongest vocal part with these aligning according to it (which is also why they aren't normal curves, see how their bodies line up with the straighter parts which results in similar shape as the first but with smooth curve instead). Also fits better with the visual placement here
02:13:112 (3) - you probably wanted to put drum-hitwhistle here? They kind of fit in the spot and you have unused drum-hitwhistle.wav I swear I just added it like few days back when I saw there was whistles on drums that'd use this file and wanted to specify it smh. Well added some to the kiais just to be sure.
02:17:849 (3) - ^ and other objects with D Indeed. Also above should be green text but im lazy
02:10:349 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - And here we come to this, while overall it plays okay the contrast between low spaced\low velocity mapping and such jump is HUGE while music don't have such drastic changes, to me some softening to this would be also raising SV in kiais\big jumps parts or lowering spacing or count of consecutive circles. It's pretty much intentional, that's what the music feels like imo: it's very "slow" like sludgey how-to-call-it but the hits are heavy so thus the SV is low af most of the time but the hits are spaced for what they are. So if it "plays okay" as you said (and I agree for what I've played this) there ain't any problem
02:22:980 (1,2) - 1\3 all out of sudden :3 Consider to replace 1,2 with slider, this will improve playability here. Also you can this to 03:39:558 (2,3) Not necessary, 1/3 on this bpm isn't particularly harsh so it's about seeing what it is and it's patterned pretty much uniquely to emphasise the fact that it's 1/3 (spacing not lining up with ordinary 1/2 nor any of the 1/4) and triangle patterning; latter also has the advantage of the introduction being done in the last kiai and probably works better (it also has the support from the slider before due the music already going swingin')
04:48:636 (1,2,3) - Aesthetics, 3 can be move farther to avoid this overlap because it wan't intended i guess. fu Itäs intended actually, it's stacked with 04:48:241 (5) - as for the overlap MMMMMMMMMMM increased SV on 04:48:241 (5) - slightly so I can do both
04:02:255 (4) - 2 green lines on the same spot wtf have I done in the last update oh shit

That's it, while I enjoyed playing this kind of low sw with jumps, as I mentioned most big ones seemed overdone to me. As above. That being said There are some places where I could tune them down little when they are with the sounds that aren't so strong but we shall see if I do that or not.
gl~
Thanks for the mod!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Enkrypton wrote:

M4M from ur queue, going first as your rules say.

General
I would suggest a better background perhaps. A more darker and a drawn one would be nice. You can probably use this sub to find some fitting ones:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ImaginaryHellscapes/ smh anotha one lol. Check above in my answer to Sieg post

Forbidden Fruit

01:33:244 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - don't completely stack these jumps to match with ur jumps here: 01:07:586 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8). The pretty much have the same structure and placement, i dont see the reason why the second one is completely stacked tho Because they aren't the same, the former is clearly more build-up when here they stay relatively the same and the "build-up" comes mostly from larger musical guidelines. That being said hey why not, it'd make sense to have more spacing on 01:33:639 (4) - than in 01:33:441 (3) - anyways
02:53:374 (1,4) - blanket is a little bit off at the slider head. nudge left a little Indeed noted like a true nazi
02:54:953 (1) - the "scream" here sounds pretty smooth with a smoother pitch change and a red anchored slider doesnt seem to represent it well. also u used curve to map scream here 02:57:717 (6) - so just change that to a straight or curve slider It's not the stream alone, it's very emphasised place overall with sinister guitar tone as well for the following measure. Also on visual side of things it has freedom and space unlike the other one you linked which (partly due it not being as important) is more restricted in it's space
03:01:664 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - no praise feature in v1 but these jumps look really nice ; )
03:28:900 (3,1) - nudge sliderend upwards a bit to get a better blanket Not necessary here
So the jumps here are again not completely stacked and maps the drum: 03:30:282 (2,4,5,6). It would be good if the jumps at 03:33:637 (3,4,5,6) - also not completely stacked. The drums seems to be sounding like their are subsiding. It would be good if 03:34:229 (6) for example was moved a downwards Something like this perhaps It's more along the guitar than drums though, and I think these ones can have little more variation around since they aren't always patterned the same anyways but with different kind of shapes and emphasis points. If really necessary, it's easy to just tune these later anyways
04:02:255 - two timing points here: https://enkrypton.s-ul.eu/zxMHoaxy.png fixed in siegs mod lol
04:44:097 (2,3) - not sure if this is intentional but if it wasn't make it blanketed they are though and double at that (just check with approach circle if ya want lol
Thanks for the mod!
Sieg
If you mean only for this, not gonna implement additional hitsound. And as for most stuff I think the current is pretty cool imo; thanks though
No I meant for the whole. You tried it?
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Sieg wrote:

If you mean only for this, not gonna implement additional hitsound. And as for most stuff I think the current is pretty cool imo; thanks though
No I meant for the whole. You tried it?
I tried it since I wasn't sure which you meant; it's good hitsound (thanks for that, saved it) but it felt little cold and distant and less thick than what I currently had so I didn't change. I noticed though that I was running on defaults (didn't have soft-hitfinish2 in the folder) so added one. Perhaps that might've affected how it sounded like to you as well, dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bossandy
M4M here! I am poor at high BPM so I decided to mod this!

[ General]

1. Try this drum-hitwhistle2 ? Sounds good in my opinion
  2. Combo color 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 are too similar , maybe try to adjust them?

[ Forbidden Fruit]

1. Unrankable stuff
    ( You must fix all of these , if I write something is not unrankable , please tell me in the reply )
    1. Nothing I think xD

2. Beatmap design/Suggestion
    ( Most of them are my suggestion , you can disagree if you want )
    1. 00:25:745 (2) - Move to x364 y360 looks nicer ?
    2. 01:08:771 (7) - This one is a bit far for me , and I feel uncomfortable with it , Move it a bit closer is better I think , maybe try ds 5.5x?
    3. 01:10:547 (5) - Move this note higher to make a better flow?
    4. 02:20:217 (6) - Add New Combo here? It will fit the vocal and emphasizes the word "fear" , oh and also add a simple clap here?
    5. 02:32:454 (3) - I was be juked by this ds xD Make the ds bigger or stack it on slider 02:31:664 (2) - 's end ?
    6. 03:14:295 (2) - Same as above ;w;
    7. 03:36:006 (6,7) - The blanket can be better here!
    8. 04:11:531 (5,6,7) - More time between sliders and lower ds makes confusion lol
    9. 04:23:176 (6,1) - Change to a slider? like the same pattern you did here 04:20:018 (6) -
    10. 04:58:504 (2) - Extend the slider to blue tick and adjust the hitsounds setting?

3. Hitsounds
    ( Almost of them are my ideas , you can ignore them )
    1. 01:22:784 (5) - Maybe reduce the volume here? the current volume sounds a bit louder for me , try 40%~50%? and the others too
    2. 01:43:902 (1) - Clap here?
    3. 04:32:452 (5) - The finish sounds unnecessary here compare with 04:35:807 (7) -

--------------------------------------------------------
The hitsounds are awesome <3
Go ahead for ur first ranked map!!!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

bossandy wrote:

M4M here! I am poor at high BPM so I decided to mod this!

[ General]

1. Try this drum-hitwhistle2 ? Sounds good in my opinion Hol' up to I even have drum-hitwhistle2 anywhere? All of my drum set usages with green lines are set 1 and thus I think only the 1/3 fills use drum hitsounds with set 2 (S:C2) and those have claps and finishes. Correct me if I'm wrong, I might be missing something here
  2. Combo color 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 are too similar , maybe try to adjust them? I think they're different enough to be distinguishable, and I don't want to make them too different since they're supposed to be similar colors

[ Forbidden Fruit]

1. Unrankable stuff
    ( You must fix all of these , if I write something is not unrankable , please tell me in the reply )
    1. Nothing I think xD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Beatmap design/Suggestion
    ( Most of them are my suggestion , you can disagree if you want )
    1. 00:25:745 (2) - Move to x364 y360 looks nicer ? Pretty much "why not" but I prefer to line it with the sliderend of 00:24:955 (1) -
    2. 01:08:771 (7) - This one is a bit far for me , and I feel uncomfortable with it , Move it a bit closer is better I think , maybe try ds 5.5x? While dunno if really need for anything, nerfed it little (but to about 5,7x instead)
    3. 01:10:547 (5) - Move this note higher to make a better flow? Not really sure if that'd improve the flow but moved little since there's space ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    4. 02:20:217 (6) - Add New Combo here? It will fit the vocal and emphasizes the word "fear" , oh and also add a simple clap here? Why
      not, added combo, same with other kiais (this made me re-color them all asdf); also why don't these already have clap smh, added to all aswell
    5. 02:32:454 (3) - I was be juked by this ds xD Make the ds bigger or stack it on slider 02:31:664 (2) - 's end ? No need, you should be able to see 1/1 from 1/2 xd
    6. 03:14:295 (2) - Same as above ;w; Similarly no need, about this same rhythm was also already before in the previous iteration of this section
    7. 03:36:006 (6,7) - The blanket can be better here! tfw link fucked up since I NCd these anyways not like it's bad,
      but tuned it little (now it's blanketed all the way up to the sliderend which is wasn't before I guess
    8. 04:11:531 (5,6,7) - More time between sliders and lower ds makes confusion lol Not a problem, the clicking happens 1/1 still, basically 04:11:926 (6) - is supposed to be "the same" as 04:11:531 (5) - in terms of rhythm and how it plays and so on but since there's rhythm on red tick it's shortened to that instead of the blu;
    9. 04:23:176 (6,1) - Change to a slider? like the same pattern you did here 04:20:018 (6) - Here's vocal on the white tick so I decided to break it up; that being said thus the following one needs the same as well heh (did that)
    10. 04:58:504 (2) - Extend the slider to blue tick and adjust the hitsounds setting? There's vocal on that red tick so nope, fits better like this

3. Hitsounds
    ( Almost of them are my ideas , you can ignore them )
    1. 01:22:784 (5) - Maybe reduce the volume here? the current volume sounds a bit louder for me , try 40%~50%? and the others too Nah I like, sounds nice as is
    2. 01:43:902 (1) - Clap here? The clap is for snare hits and there ain't one (this'd either require additional hitsound that fits this or 150%
      volume which I wouldn't complain about either lol
    3. 04:32:452 (5) - The finish sounds unnecessary here compare with 04:35:807 (7) - 7 doesn't have finish in the music anyways (04:35:610 (6) - does and was missing so added heh) but like, this section is full of heavy hitting cymbals and thus I put a lot of em here, it might actually sound kinda overwhelming to some but I think it's fitting

--------------------------------------------------------
The hitsounds are awesome <3
Go ahead for ur first ranked map!!!
Thanks for the mod!
bossandy
Thanks for replying my mod so detailed xD
Here is a simple screenshot to answer the drum-hitwhistle2 !
The additional drum-hitwhistle2 is used in C2 hitsounds setting with additions
And I think the one I provided above is fitting the music very well!
That is what I mean xD

And if u use it , U can also use that .wav at 02:13:112 (3) - 02:17:849 (3) - 02:27:322 (3) - 03:28:900 (3) - etc...

Oh! and something more to point out when this time recheck xD

1. 03:46:663 (5,6) - The music sounds 1/3 here , two way to solve this
    1. 1. Change the slider to a simple note to follow the guitar
    2. 2. Change to this rhythm , not care about slider or note xD
I know the combo color is focus on the devil and God but I still think u can provide a more different one with it!
since the Combo Color can remind people where are the changes in the map , I still think they should be fixed , try to ask other people's opinion xD

Also , a simple SB like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/490154 would be awesome hehe

Yeah , That's all ! :) This one will be qualified soon I think <3
No kd

P.S : Actually , this song is super catchy that I got hooked the first time I heard it! 8-)
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

bossandy wrote:

Thanks for replying my mod so detailed xD
Here is a simple screenshot to answer the drum-hitwhistle2 !
The additional drum-hitwhistle2 is used in C2 hitsounds setting with additions
And I think the one I provided above is fitting the music very well!
That is what I mean xD Lol that place is probably like he only one with that set atm (used to have more)

And if u use it , U can also use that .wav at 02:13:112 (3) - 02:17:849 (3) - 02:27:322 (3) - 03:28:900 (3) - etc... I prefer my current for this,
it's little softer and "warmer";
added yours to that one place though LOL

Oh! and something more to point out when this time recheck xD

1. 03:46:663 (5,6) - The music sounds 1/3 here , two way to solve this It's actually more like 1/4 ,there's 4 sounds in that measure +
    the next downbeat for 5, it's just that the gap between first and second is slightly larger than what normal 1/4 would be and thus it's little off for parts (which is why I didn't map it as is; now take the vocals into pic (they land on red tick) and you get what I have atm, and I think it works fairly well

1. 1. Change the slider to a simple note to follow the guitar
    2. 2. Change to this rhythm , not care about slider or note xD
I know the combo color is focus on the devil and God but I still think u can provide a more different one with it!
since the Combo Color can remind people where are the changes in the map , I still think they should be fixed , try to ask other people's opinion xD Indeed making more differentiation for the reds would be fairly simple (but not needed imo since they are already pretty largely different shades of red, but the greys ain't easy overall since there's currently 2 greys and white which all work with the same scale, where both black/very dark is no-no and apparently white too (which I disagree with though :/) so it's very restricted

Also , a simple SB like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/490154 would be awesome hehe Indeed, I'd like cool simple SB for like all of my maps and would do if I knew how to do ithad time to learn and actually do it, but maybe something will happen. Who knows

Yeah , That's all ! :) This one will be qualified soon I think <3
No kd

P.S : Actually , this song is super catchy that I got hooked the first time I heard it! 8-)
Thanks!
ZekeyHache
hi from my q

El Rey Enrique

[General]
  1. Metadata?
  2. Hey, I got you the same bg but in higher quality + it doesn't chop off part of the characters' heads, here~
  3. Are you using drum-hitwhistle.wav somewhere? MA marks it as unused and I'm too dumb to find it.
  4. soft-hitfinish2.wav seems to have a small delay, better be safe. I fixed it for you, here~
[🍎Forbidden Fruit🍎]
  1. 01:08:968 (8) - The jump from the previous circle is notably bigger than the one of the next slider even though the beat in the slider is way more important and stronger than the on in the previous circle. I suggest to have the jump with the slider higher than the one with the previous circle for a better emphasis.
  2. 01:28:112 (1,2) - This blanket can be improved~
  3. 01:35:612 (5,6) - The place where (6) is doesn't really have anything worthy of having a clickable object. Also, there's no significant contrast with 01:36:007 (1,2,3) - since all of the previous notes were just circles making jumps already. My suggestion to improve this would be to delete (6) and replace (5) with a slider that ends either on 01:35:810 - or 01:35:908 - .
  4. 01:43:902 (1) - Some kind of jump with a sharper angle would fit better here for the sudden strong beat, just like you did at 01:38:968 (5,1) - , 01:40:547 (5,1) - , 01:42:125 (6,1) - etc.
  5. 02:18:243 (5,6) - The big jump between these two notes don't make sense imo. The isn't any intensity building up that supports it, and also, the jump between 02:18:441 (6,1) - should be bigger to have a better contrast with the intensity. This is pretty much like my first point in the mod.
  6. 02:45:480 (1) - This slider overlaps with the life bar in the default skin in a GODLY level. Please fix.
  7. 03:07:585 (1) - Did you miss a clap in the head?
  8. 04:42:123 (6) - life bar zzz
  9. 05:35:017 (3) - 05:35:609 (5) - 05:36:201 (7) - maybe add nc on each of these notes?
Nice~ Call me back!
show more