forum

Thaehan - Saiyajin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Grrum
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 11:56:10 PM

Artist: Thaehan
Title: Saiyajin
Source: osu!
Tags: Power Up Dragon ball db dbz ドラゴンボール remix Featured Artist electronic
BPM: 180
Filesize: 2937kb
Play Time: 01:25
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.69 stars, 137 notes)
  2. Hard (3.08 stars, 269 notes)
  3. Insane (4.72 stars, 454 notes)
  4. Light Insane (4.01 stars, 317 notes)
  5. Normal (2.33 stars, 202 notes)
  6. Super Saiyan (5.44 stars, 472 notes)
Download: Thaehan - Saiyajin
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
28th Beatmap
1st Ranked

- Hobbes2 - Thank you!!!
- DeRandom Otaku – Thank you!!! I am so grateful to both of you!
Nowaie
From sm8 que

Your concerns :

Moderate -- Some parts might feel cramped/ugly/rhythm dense. Let me know if I need to remap these, I pointed out that one pattern in the first kiai which was the only point that really stood out considering the difficulty it was aiming for. Otherwise it looks just fine for a normal imo
Advanced -- Spread issue from Moderate maybe, am willing to nerf some of those jumps or 1/4. Give me your feedback on this isse Rhythm wise it's alright, though I don't think it needs spacing emphasis/jumps at all so using fixed DS would work on this level of difficulty just fine for example. Though small jumps aren't too bad but the big ones ( 00:21:079 (5,1) - ) are kinda hurting the spread since moderate does not have any kind of emphasis through spacing
Intense -- How did the doubles feel? They felt good and fitting
Saiyan -- Seemed good. Maybe some pacing issues or some jumps can be buffed. The golden ratio isn't really a theme, it's more of a subtheme, and right now it's not that different from normal back and forth, but the last pattern of Intense gave me some inspiration and I might make a map where the golden ratio is actually the theme of a map, but I wouldn't know what song/rhythms would support that. Sorry i'm not really sure what you mean by this ^^; I gave some feedback about spacing in the initial modding if that helps though if that doesn't answer your question/concerns we can talk about this IRC if you want to

[]

Beginner

The diff stats feel kinda low for the way it's mapped :s, maybe like raising OD and HP to 2.5-3 would ease the spread in diff stats

00:34:079 (1) - Personal preference but i feel like a zigzag slider such as -> https://puu.sh/xBSgx/360fef4ef5.png would fit the sound better. If you don't want to modify it, you could atleast rotate it so the movement would not clip since new players move through them pretty much exactly as they are

00:48:746 (2,3) - 00:52:746 (6,1,2) - Aesthetically speaking, it would look better if this kind of sliderborder overlapping would not happen since you aren't really actively doing that kind of... patterning

Moderate

00:10:746 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I feel like it would be better to use the 1/2 reverse sliders for the two first beat patterns and the hitcircle patterns for the second beat patterns as they have drums accompanied with the synthesizer sounds instead of having them only on 1/1s like on the two first beat patterns

I would suggest the same thing i mentioned above on all similar cases but do it with common sense since here 00:23:413 (4) - for example the slider fits to the weird sound in the background

Would've liked to see some kind of a representation of this 00:34:079 - sound like in easy

00:44:079 (1) - Since this is a normal difficulty (or something along those lines) i don't think it's a good idea to introduce 1/4 repeat sliders. Yes they will hit the sliders just fine but they most likely get confused and just flail for the duration of it

00:45:413 - I feel like the rhythm gets bit too complicated in the first kiai when compared to beginner how much more intense it is and how similar it is when compared to advanced. Most of the issues comes from these 00:48:079 (1,2,3,4,1) - patterns if we look them that way, so i'd suggest rhythm like this https://puu.sh/xBTgA/81fc85cb39.png to create a sorta middleground between beginner and advanced

Advanced

Structurally, it would look better if 00:05:413 (1,1,1) - this kind of invisible overlapping would not happen that much =P

00:12:079 (1,2,3) - Maybe move this pattern so the 1 would stack with the other 1s for the sake of consistency?

00:30:746 (1,4) - I feel like these look a bit awkward since they are sorta trying to create a stack pattern but the stacking is more like the way the first objects of a stacked triple is with the last object of that same triple 00:29:746 (2,3,4) - (easy example). It would look better if you would try to create just a normal stack instead of something like that so the 00:30:746 (1) - would be placed somewhat where 00:29:829 (3) - is

00:31:746 (6) - The sound under the slidertail should be a clickable as it has more power than the one under sliderhead (plus nearly all the other big white ticks are mapped as clickables)

00:33:413 (1,2,3,4) - I don't feel like the 4 needs that much emphasis, maybe try to sorta stack it under the 2 like you have done here 00:28:079 (1,2,3,4) -

00:34:079 - Am still disappoint this no mapd

01:01:246 (1) - It kinda feels weird that this slider does not really follow the synthesizer like the other sliders are in the same pattern. I think it would be better to have the triplet there instead of here 01:02:579 (1,2,3) - as there the synthesizer sounds follow the similar pattern with these 01:01:579 (2,3,4) - and the actual change happens actually right after the triple.

Additionally if you want to improve the readability and playability of the slider pattern you could try something like this https://puu.sh/xBTVP/e777be78b9.png as the sliders would form comfortable and easy to understand -movement for the player to move to the next object

Intense

00:02:079 (5,6,7,8,1) - Imo this https://puu.sh/xBU8l/c436862021.png kind of movement would make the sliders play much nicely overall and it'd represent the song better by increasing the movement for the pattern over time and making it this kind of zigzag/back and forth circular, depending on who is playing which would fit the ascending synthesizer sound

00:16:746 (4,5,6) - You should make the 6 so it would sorta follow the flow formed by the two hitcircles as that is the usual way you have represented that kind of melody

00:17:413 (1,2,3) - I feel like the triple should start from the red tick since 00:17:496 - doesn't actually have any kind of distinct tone change or sound while 00:17:663 - has

00:48:079 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Overall i feel like you have a lot more overlapping and patterning that generally makes readability bit harder so you could NC the object on the second small white tick of the measure 00:48:746 (6) - (bonus: that would represent the fact that the melody repeats itself)

00:50:079 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and 00:54:746 (1,2,1,2) - I don't think the combo has to be divided at all :d it's a single stream/pattern so single combo should do it

00:57:079 (4,5,6,7) - Since the 4 and 6 are nearly similar sounds it'd been nice to see this 01:10:079 (3,4,5,6) - kind of a pattern where they would be stacked and yeah you get what i mean

01:11:746 (5,2,1) - Would just be better to have the 2 stacked with the other objects, it shouldn't even hurt the readability

Saiyan

00:02:079 (5,6,7,8) - Since the synthesizer sounds are ascending you could create a pattern around that. For example https://puu.sh/xBULa/97ddf35735.png which would fit the difficulty of this.. difficulty much better and the song for the reasons stated in intense

00:05:746 (3,4,5,6) - I think the way you are representing the specific sounds through spacing here could be improved since the 5 is actually higher pitched than the 4 and 5|6 transition does not represent the change in the tone properly as this 00:05:413 (1,2) - is what a lower pitched descending change looks like so it should by all means be a bit more spaced than that. An easy solution would be to stack the 5 with the 3 and the 6 with 00:05:579 (2) - to create realistic spacing. I bet there might be few other patterns with similar style so think about the tone changes and try to create movement and spacing that is intuitive to what the song offers

00:32:746 (6,2) - Would look structurally nicer if the 2 would not overlap with the 6, additionally it could create bit more spacing for the strong synthesizer the 2 is mapped on. For example https://puu.sh/xBVA7/40801f672d.png

00:48:079 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Similar suggestion to NCing as in intense

00:55:079 (1) - Remove NC? The pattern doesn't really change so i don't feel like it represents anything special

01:06:746 (1,6,8,6) - 01:17:413 (1,4,8) - 01:19:913 (9,3) - 01:22:913 (2,1,1,1) - You could think about the overall structure in these patterns a bit more :s

[]

Great map overall. Feels really nice to play

If/when i get into the BNg, just poke me for an icon. Otherwise, good luck~
Topic Starter
Grrum

DTM9 Nowa wrote:

From sm8 que

Your concerns :

Moderate -- Some parts might feel cramped/ugly/rhythm dense. Let me know if I need to remap these, I pointed out that one pattern in the first kiai which was the only point that really stood out considering the difficulty it was aiming for. Otherwise it looks just fine for a normal imoyeah that's the kind of pattern I was worried about, you had a good suggestion for it
Advanced -- Spread issue from Moderate maybe, am willing to nerf some of those jumps or 1/4. Give me your feedback on this isse Rhythm wise it's alright, though I don't think it needs spacing emphasis/jumps at all so using fixed DS would work on this level of difficulty just fine for example. Though small jumps aren't too bad but the big ones ( 00:21:079 (5,1) - ) are kinda hurting the spread since moderate does not have any kind of emphasis through spacingI was hoping to make that kind of jump a small jump, but the way the aesthetics worked I felt forced into making it big. But this is the suspicion I had and will try to see what I can do about it after a little more feedback.
Intense -- How did the doubles feel? They felt good and fitting -- nice
Saiyan -- Seemed good. Maybe some pacing issues or some jumps can be buffed. The golden ratio isn't really a theme, it's more of a subtheme, and right now it's not that different from normal back and forth, but the last pattern of Intense gave me some inspiration and I might make a map where the golden ratio is actually the theme of a map, but I wouldn't know what song/rhythms would support that. Sorry i'm not really sure what you mean by this ^^; I gave some feedback about spacing in the initial modding if that helps though if that doesn't answer your question/concerns we can talk about this IRC if you want toThis was me just rambling

[]

Beginner

The diff stats feel kinda low for the way it's mapped :s, maybe like raising OD and HP to 2.5-3 would ease the spread in diff stats – I'm not good at diff stats, so I'll go with your advice.

00:34:079 (1) - Personal preference but i feel like a zigzag slider such as -> https://puu.sh/xBSgx/360fef4ef5.png would fit the sound better. If you don't want to modify it, you could atleast rotate it so the movement would not clip since new players move through them pretty much exactly as they are – ooo, nice

00:48:746 (2,3) - 00:52:746 (6,1,2) - Aesthetically speaking, it would look better if this kind of sliderborder overlapping would not happen since you aren't really actively doing that kind of... patterning – I see this kind of technique being used commonly in ranked maps: http://puu.sh/xCb1N/0b6ae7a895.jpg . I feel like this just another use of that, and I tried to use it only during the chorus to make that section distinct.

Moderate

00:10:746 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I feel like it would be better to use the 1/2 reverse sliders for the two first beat patterns and the hitcircle patterns for the second beat patterns as they have drums accompanied with the synthesizer sounds instead of having them only on 1/1s like on the two first beat patterns

I would suggest the same thing i mentioned above on all similar cases but do it with common sense since here 00:23:413 (4) - for example the slider fits to the weird sound in the background – My goal by spreading the ½'s out was to avoid a very note dense section. So many ½ notes in a row seems like it could be too much for this audience. I do agree however that your rhythm better fits the music, plus I do that at 01:01:413 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - , so I'll probably change this, but I'd like some more feedback before changing it.

Would've liked to see some kind of a representation of this 00:34:079 - sound like in easy – Was afraid since the melody was on a ¼ note, but yeah you're right.

00:44:079 (1) - Since this is a normal difficulty (or something along those lines) i don't think it's a good idea to introduce 1/4 repeat sliders. Yes they will hit the sliders just fine but they most likely get confused and just flail for the duration of it – I'm gonna wait for more opinions about this. I thought that since spread could be an issue into the Advanced, introducing the player to ¼ notes in a way that has very small punishment (since as you mention the slider isn't that hard to hit) would be a way to bridge the spread.

00:45:413 - I feel like the rhythm gets bit too complicated in the first kiai when compared to beginner how much more intense it is and how similar it is when compared to advanced. Most of the issues comes from these 00:48:079 (1,2,3,4,1) - patterns if we look them that way, so i'd suggest rhythm like this https://puu.sh/xBTgA/81fc85cb39.png to create a sorta middleground between beginner and advanced – good idea

Advanced

Structurally, it would look better if 00:05:413 (1,1,1) - this kind of invisible overlapping would not happen that much =P – I agree, but I suck too much at mapping to fix this without completely changing the flow, and I don't think I should sacrifice this flow pattern because of an overall minor aesthetic issue. If the overlap wasn't so “invisible” I would move it though, or if you have a good idea that keeps the spirit of the pattern, I'd be happy to hear it.

00:12:079 (1,2,3) - Maybe move this pattern so the 1 would stack with the other 1s for the sake of consistency? – My stack philosophy for this map is that anything that is 2 beats away should be stacked +4x, +4y (like at 00:03:079 (2,5) - ). I find that some players dislike perfect stacking because it is too hard to see/read, and that is a bigger issue than the aesthetic issue.

00:30:746 (1,4) - I feel like these look a bit awkward since they are sorta trying to create a stack pattern but the stacking is more like the way the first objects of a stacked triple is with the last object of that same triple 00:29:746 (2,3,4) - (easy example). It would look better if you would try to create just a normal stack instead of something like that so the 00:30:746 (1) - would be placed somewhat where 00:29:829 (3) - is – This was me being inconsistent, switched to the stack described as above.

00:31:746 (6) - The sound under the slidertail should be a clickable as it has more power than the one under sliderhead (plus nearly all the other big white ticks are mapped as clickables) – I disagree on this. It is important to find moments of rest for pacing. This seemed like a great place to slow down the map because of the held vocal on (6) and the note at 00:26:913 (1) – is stronger in the melody than the note on (6)'s tail, so going from no click to click emphasized it in a way I liked.

00:33:413 (1,2,3,4) - I don't feel like the 4 needs that much emphasis, maybe try to sorta stack it under the 2 like you have done here 00:28:079 (1,2,3,4) – I like the emphasis on (4) since it's the final note of the music here, but I slightly nerfed the spacing into (4).

00:34:079 - Am still disappoint this no mapd – I want to do something to make you happy, but I feel trapped by the ¼ note at 00:33:996 - . I feel like I have to acknowledge this note, but if I do, it doesn't seem like there's any nice way to have some kind of slider where you're asking. I'll try some things out and maybe ask for a test on them, but I'm not sure I'll find a good fix.

01:01:246 (1) - It kinda feels weird that this slider does not really follow the synthesizer like the other sliders are in the same pattern. I think it would be better to have the triplet there instead of here 01:02:579 (1,2,3) - as there the synthesizer sounds follow the similar pattern with these 01:01:579 (2,3,4) - and the actual change happens actually right after the triple. – I agree with your point, but I also like making the last set a triple as well, so now they are both triples.

Additionally if you want to improve the readability and playability of the slider pattern you could try something like this https://puu.sh/xBTVP/e777be78b9.png as the sliders would form comfortable and easy to understand -movement for the player to move to the next object – I liked the anti-flow, but yeah this diff probably doesn't need it, but I didn't go quite as horizontal as you did.

Intense

00:02:079 (5,6,7,8,1) - Imo this https://puu.sh/xBU8l/c436862021.png kind of movement would make the sliders play much nicely overall and it'd represent the song better by increasing the movement for the pattern over time and making it this kind of zigzag/back and forth circular, depending on who is playing which would fit the ascending synthesizer sound – To me, the melody is the strong part and the drums act as a moment of rest. For this reason, doing the kind of spacing you suggested feels a bit too intense, and so if I'm keeping the spacing this small, any kind of growth wouldn't really feel pronounced enough. I think I'll pass on doing that here.

00:16:746 (4,5,6) - You should make the 6 so it would sorta follow the flow formed by the two hitcircles as that is the usual way you have represented that kind of melody – (3) and (6) are different in the music because the synth goes down in pitch on (3)'s tail where as (6)'s tail goes up in pitch, so having a little variety seems okay to me.

00:17:413 (1,2,3) - I feel like the triple should start from the red tick since 00:17:496 - doesn't actually have any kind of distinct tone change or sound while 00:17:663 – has – After listening to the music again, I realized I heard it a bit differently than what is actually there. However, I feel like this rhythm has the best gameplay because a triple is distinguishing and allows a jump between (3,4), and it does kind of make sense a little. If this is a reoccurring problem during mods (which I expect it will be), I'll begrudgingly change it.

00:48:079 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Overall i feel like you have a lot more overlapping and patterning that generally makes readability bit harder so you could NC the object on the second small white tick of the measure 00:48:746 (6) - (bonus: that would represent the fact that the melody repeats itself) - good idea

00:50:079 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and 00:54:746 (1,2,1,2) - I don't think the combo has to be divided at all :d it's a single stream/pattern so single combo should do it – agreed

00:57:079 (4,5,6,7) - Since the 4 and 6 are nearly similar sounds it'd been nice to see this 01:10:079 (3,4,5,6) - kind of a pattern where they would be stacked and yeah you get what i mean – This is pretty subjective issue, but I think what I have is similar to what you're suggesting. Think about it in terms of two notes. 00:57:079 (4,5) – is a repeat of 00:57:413 (6,7) - . So this same angle is where the similar sounds is expressed, which I think better represents the similarity than different angle but same position.

01:11:746 (5,2,1) - Would just be better to have the 2 stacked with the other objects, it shouldn't even hurt the readability – you underestimate how bad I am at stacked patterns. I've gotten seriously tripped up by stacks that are 3/2 beat apart, so I really prefer giving the player more knowledge about where to go. That's a more important issue to me than the aesthetics here.

Saiyan

00:02:079 (5,6,7,8) - Since the synthesizer sounds are ascending you could create a pattern around that. For example https://puu.sh/xBULa/97ddf35735.png which would fit the difficulty of this.. difficulty much better and the song for the reasons stated in intense – I really like this idea of a rising intensity throughout these 1/4 sliders. After a lot of experimentation, I couldn't find a great pattern to work with it, so I basically used the same circular motion that I had but with rising DS.

00:05:746 (3,4,5,6) - I think the way you are representing the specific sounds through spacing here could be improved since the 5 is actually higher pitched than the 4 and 5|6 transition does not represent the change in the tone properly as this 00:05:413 (1,2) - is what a lower pitched descending change looks like so it should by all means be a bit more spaced than that. An easy solution would be to stack the 5 with the 3 and the 6 with 00:05:579 (2) - to create realistic spacing. I bet there might be few other patterns with similar style so think about the tone changes and try to create movement and spacing that is intuitive to what the song offers – I understand your perspective and think that this spacing philosophy would create a fun pattern, and it's actually a type of spacing I've used in a lot of maps I made. However, this is not the intended spacing philosophy I want to use here. The extra of this map is a very interesting map that I really enjoyed, and it uses lots of contrasting large and small spacing like at 01:32:625 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6) - . This is one of the inspirations behind the small spacing I'm using here. The way I'm grouping the patterns in my map is to look at these four notes 00:05:413 (1,2,3,4) - as a group ascending in intensity compared to the next four notes also ascending in intensity. The big motivation behind this small (4,5) spacing is to control the pacing (cool video that I love sharing even if you already know most of this stuff). I need this spacing to be small in order for the final ascension of 00:05:746 (3,4) – and 00:06:413 (7,8) – to be the big standouts to convey that growth in intensity. By taking a moment of rest at (4,5), the pattern is able to reset and grow again to a point that I'd like.

00:32:746 (6,2) - Would look structurally nicer if the 2 would not overlap with the 6, additionally it could create bit more spacing for the strong synthesizer the 2 is mapped on. For example https://puu.sh/xBVA7/40801f672d.pngmuch better structure this way. Also this change really keeps the spirit of what I was trying to do, so it's much easier to accept a change like this. I realize I should change the other instances of this, but it's so much harder to do because it means the pattern won't work.

00:48:079 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Similar suggestion to NCing as in intense – yes

00:55:079 (1) - Remove NC? The pattern doesn't really change so i don't feel like it represents anything special – I think I'll keep this one because of what I do at 00:50:413 (1) - .

01:06:746 (1,6,8,6) - 01:17:413 (1,4,8) - 01:19:913 (9,3) - 01:22:913 (2,1,1,1) - You could think about the overall structure in these patterns a bit more :s

1st one and 2nd one are using the golden ratio theme, and though I can understand how that overlap doesn't look appealing, I think it works. Let me explain a bit more though. See how 01:07:413 (5,7,8) – forms a line? Does that kind of line look familiar? Take another look at 00:05:746 (3,4,5) – and 00:16:913 (6,7,8) – and 00:28:079 (1,2,3) - . See how they all kind of look the same? They all are in a ratio to each other of 1.618 (which is that golden ratio subtheme I was talking about). Well, 01:06:746 (1,5,6) – also obeys the golden ratio. Is it right to use that mechanic here? Probably not because of the overlap, but it's hard for me to use the DS's and flows that I want, so it's easier to talk about random garbage like this than actually be creative and fix it. I expect to hear an issue like this in future mods though so I will probably end up changing this.
2nd one is worse than the first, so I'll think about that one more later.

3rd one I stacked because it's 2 full beats away
4th one I didn't stack cuz I don't like 3/2 stacks.

[]

Great map overall. Feels really nice to play – I appreciate the praise, that's really nice to hear.

If/when i get into the BNg, just poke me for an icon. Otherwise, good luck~ – thanks so much for the mod, very helpful. I feel honored to have such an offer.
Venix
Hello~
Mod requested in my queue.

[Moderate]
  1. 00:23:413 (4) - You shouldn't use this shape right here I think. You have used shapes like this to emphasise kind of downbeats alternately with 3x1/2 circles. It doesn't fit here just because sound at this moment is much different and it needs different emphasization. I think something like slider + circle with 1/2 interval would works better here.
  2. 00:48:746 (3,4) - It looks like you wanted to stack these objects so why don't do this?
[Advanced]
  1. 00:00:080 (1,2,3,4) - The way how it flows is kinda weird and uncomfortable to play because 00:00:579 (4) - this slider doesn't continue transition made by previous triangle. Honestly I think you need to stack 00:00:579 (4) - this slider with first cirle in triangle pattern instead of third one. That should works much better.
[Intense]
  1. 00:06:746 (1,2,3) - 00:17:413 (1,2,3) - These triples are slightly overmapped, what plays a bit weird. I prefer change these triples to 2 x circle with 1/2 interval.
I think i will end here cuz i don't have time ;w;
That's my light check, overall I think map is nice, gl!
Topic Starter
Grrum

Venix wrote:

Hello~
Mod requested in my queue.

[Moderate]
  1. 00:23:413 (4) - You shouldn't use this shape right here I think. You have used shapes like this to emphasise kind of downbeats alternately with 3x1/2 circles. It doesn't fit here just because sound at this moment is much different and it needs different emphasization. I think something like slider + circle with 1/2 interval would works better here. -- I agree with this concern. I feel a bit limited in options to address it. Your suggested rhythm sounds kind of intense for a restful moment of the song. Nowa made a good suggestion above that could address your issue, so I'll put more weight on his suggestion and continue to get feedback on this issue.
  2. 00:48:746 (3,4) - It looks like you wanted to stack these objects so why don't do this? -- stacking circles on sliders is fine, but I prefer not to stack circles on circles like I did at 00:27:746 (3,1,2,3) -
[Advanced]
  1. 00:00:080 (1,2,3,4) - The way how it flows is kinda weird and uncomfortable to play because 00:00:579 (4) - this slider doesn't continue transition made by previous triangle. Honestly I think you need to stack 00:00:579 (4) - this slider with first cirle in triangle pattern instead of third one. That should works much better. -- I agree with your concern and might eventually do your suggestion. However, I like the fact that there is a jump into (4) to set a good precedence for some of the spacing in the map, so I rotated the triangle to be a smaller DS and more forgiving angle. I will continue to monitor this pattern as I move forward.
[Intense]
  1. 00:06:746 (1,2,3) - 00:17:413 (1,2,3) - These triples are slightly overmapped, what plays a bit weird. I prefer change these triples to 2 x circle with 1/2 interval. -- yes, and nowa mentioned this as well. One reason I like the current rhythm, though, is what yous said about 00:23:413 (4) - in the Moderate. This part of the music different, so I want to differentiate it somehow, and since the synthesizer sounds glitchy/fast, I honestly thought this was 1/4 rhythm all the way through. I'll try to think about how exactly I want to change this.
I think i will end here cuz i don't have time ;w;
That's my light check, overall I think map is nice, gl! -- Thanks so much for your input!
TheKingHenry
Hello mod from my queue~
General
  1. You are right about the timing thingy being little off with 80, personally would use something like 70 too.
    [notice]Beginner
    1. 00:51:413 (3,6) - fix stack?
Moderate00:10:746 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - speaking of this rhythm, I think it's pretty nice idea. It's catching the rhythms that feel important to this level of difficulty without trying to mash the denser bits into it, but still managing to build up some of that intensity in the music.00:33:746 (3,1) - maybe begin the long slider from the current tail of 00:33:746 (3) - since that's where the emphasised sound is and also the longer sound begins (although it's fairly quiet before it kicks in more)00:58:746 (3,4,1,2,3) - these should be in the same combo, so either have 00:57:746 (1,2) - as a short combo or remove the NC from it and attach it to the one before it
Advanced
  1. 00:03:079 (2,5) - stack?
  2. 00:05:913 (2,4) - could stack this as well unless it's intentionally like this to make it clearer for the player
  3. 00:14:579 (5,2,3,4) - arrange the stack so that 00:14:579 (5,2) - stack instead of 00:14:579 (5,4) - (the automatic triple stack fucks it up but you can manually tune it)
  4. 00:21:579 (2,2) - if these are intentional then okay
  5. 00:23:413 (1,2,3,4) - same thing as with 00:14:579 (5,2,3,4). And same with 01:15:913 (5,2,3,4) -
  6. tbh don't really like those overlaps, imo it would be better wihtout them but if you want them I guess that's fine too.
  7. I don't really think the spread issue is that problematic atm (but what do I know) but I do think though that the jump in things kinda felt weird from Moderate to Advanced. Like, while it's a lot more dense than Advanced, the transition from Advanced to Intense doesn't feature new aspects in a way the one before does, like, in Advanced the 1/2 get spaced out, 1/4 gets introduced and you even spiced it up with overlapping jumps (if you can call them that lol). But I guess in the end looking at the pure difficulty increase it seems fair enough as is. The aforementioned "new things" in Advanced didn't feel bad in the diff itself anyways.
Intense
  1. 00:28:579 (4,5) - If you mean stuff like this with your concern bout doubles, no worries. Due how they are followed by sliders, it's a lot more forgiving than just circles. So as result, they aren't that hard to play or uncomfortable to tap, but feel somewhat rewarding and fitting instead
  2. 01:11:246 (2,3,4) - fix triple?
  3. The ending then, I don't think it's too hard, it's almost the same as multiple patterns before it, just little harder with the tapping-wise more intense one in the end 01:24:746 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
  4. Dunno what 00:06:746 (1,2,3) is referencing to since at 00:06:746 (1) - there's only this one slider, not combo of 3 (or more). This idea by itself is fine I guess, the way it's NCd alone feels kinda weird but it's repeated so I guess it could be fair enough as is. (I'd still put it to the same combo with the following 00:07:079 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - )
Saiyan
  1. 01:01:246 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - NC the downbeats instead? So NCs at 01:01:413 (3,3,3,3,3) - instead)
  2. 01:03:246 (1,1) - I think you could stack these tbh, not only would it look neater it'd also further emphasize the effect it's having
  3. 01:11:246 (2,3,4) - there might be more like this (both before and after I guess) but this doesn't really look good; if you want to curve the triple, do it along the lines of the slider (as in how the slider body would continue) Atm 01:11:246 (2,3) - are way too right so that it'd make bump in the slider if it'd continue along them
  4. Speaking of those mapset things, currently this top diff feels more like just increased spacing version of Intense (mildly exaggerating maybe), the patterns are mostly pretty much the same. Good place to do some differentiation on would be these 01:22:746 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - which could be done with circles only in the top diff tbh (or if that feels over the top, maybe progressively use more and more circles during these towards the end of the map or smth)
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Grrum

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello mod from my queue~
General
  1. You are right about the timing thingy being little off with 80, personally would use something like 70 too. -- thanks for the input, i'll wait for some more opinions
    [notice]Beginner
    1. 00:51:413 (3,6) - fix stack? -- fixed
Moderate00:10:746 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - speaking of this rhythm, I think it's pretty nice idea. It's catching the rhythms that feel important to this level of difficulty without trying to mash the denser bits into it, but still managing to build up some of that intensity in the music. -- thanks for the feedback. Even if it's something that stays the same, this is useful to have00:33:746 (3,1) - maybe begin the long slider from the current tail of 00:33:746 (3) - since that's where the emphasised sound is and also the longer sound begins (although it's fairly quiet before it kicks in more) -- tested a stack, didn't feel great, but I liked the idea, so .40x spacing seemed to catch that feeling while maintaining a DS I'm happy with. Seems a bit of an odd DS, hope it works.00:58:746 (3,4,1,2,3) - these should be in the same combo, so either have 00:57:746 (1,2) - as a short combo or remove the NC from it and attach it to the one before it -- short combo
Advanced
  1. 00:03:079 (2,5) - stack?
  2. 00:05:913 (2,4) - could stack this as well unless it's intentionally like this to make it clearer for the player
  3. 00:14:579 (5,2,3,4) - arrange the stack so that 00:14:579 (5,2) - stack instead of 00:14:579 (5,4) - (the automatic triple stack fucks it up but you can manually tune it)
  4. 00:21:579 (2,2) - if these are intentional then okay
  5. 00:23:413 (1,2,3,4) - same thing as with 00:14:579 (5,2,3,4). And same with 01:15:913 (5,2,3,4) -
  6. tbh don't really like those overlaps, imo it would be better wihtout them but if you want them I guess that's fine too. -- all these stacks were intentional. It is more important to me that the player understand what the pattern is doing, and perfect stacks are terrible to me for this reason. If there are prettier ways to stack without hiding information from the player, let me know.
  7. I don't really think the spread issue is that problematic atm (but what do I know) but I do think though that the jump in things kinda felt weird from Moderate to Advanced. Like, while it's a lot more dense than Advanced, the transition from Advanced to Intense doesn't feature new aspects in a way the one before does, like, in Advanced the 1/2 get spaced out, 1/4 gets introduced and you even spiced it up with overlapping jumps (if you can call them that lol). But I guess in the end looking at the pure difficulty increase it seems fair enough as is. The aforementioned "new things" in Advanced didn't feel bad in the diff itself anyways. -- I agree that there are more new things, but I feel that's the case for all my Normals into Hards. The jumps were harder in the last version, so it's good to hear that the jumps now aren't so bad.
Intense
  1. 00:28:579 (4,5) - If you mean stuff like this with your concern bout doubles, no worries. Due how they are followed by sliders, it's a lot more forgiving than just circles. So as result, they aren't that hard to play or uncomfortable to tap, but feel somewhat rewarding and fitting instead -- good to hear!
  2. 01:11:246 (2,3,4) - fix triple? -- fixed
  3. The ending then, I don't think it's too hard, it's almost the same as multiple patterns before it, just little harder with the tapping-wise more intense one in the end 01:24:746 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - -- alright, thanks
  4. Dunno what 00:06:746 (1,2,3) is referencing to since at 00:06:746 (1) - there's only this one slider, not combo of 3 (or more). This idea by itself is fine I guess, the way it's NCd alone feels kinda weird but it's repeated so I guess it could be fair enough as is. (I'd still put it to the same combo with the following 00:07:079 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ) -- yeah, this used to be a triple which apparently is overmapped. I'm very uneasy about SV changes out of no where, so glad to hear this wasn't a disagreeable pattern.
Saiyan
  1. 01:01:246 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - NC the downbeats instead? So NCs at 01:01:413 (3,3,3,3,3) - instead) -- That's a good philosophy, but I like the look the way it is.
  2. 01:03:246 (1,1) - I think you could stack these tbh, not only would it look neater it'd also further emphasize the effect it's having -- It seems like a good idea here, but perfect stacks aren't really my thing.
  3. 01:11:246 (2,3,4) - there might be more like this (both before and after I guess) but this doesn't really look good; if you want to curve the triple, do it along the lines of the slider (as in how the slider body would continue) Atm 01:11:246 (2,3) - are way too right so that it'd make bump in the slider if it'd continue along them -- thanks for putting this down in words. It sounds so obvious now that I look at it, but this is a major step up in terms of aesthetics.
  4. Speaking of those mapset things, currently this top diff feels more like just increased spacing version of Intense (mildly exaggerating maybe), the patterns are mostly pretty much the same. Good place to do some differentiation on would be these 01:22:746 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - which could be done with circles only in the top diff tbh (or if that feels over the top, maybe progressively use more and more circles during these towards the end of the map or smth) -- that seems like a reasonable complaint. I think I can change a pattern here or there, but ultimately they both are my mapping style, and both difficulties chose their rhythms and flows because of the way the music is. Additionally, I feel like this complaint only affects people who play both the Intense and Saiyan, and I feel like for this audience, the change in spacing will be a big enough difference to make the map play differently.
Good luck! -- nice mod! thanks a bunch!
Sotarks
[saiyan]
00:00:579 (4,5) - reduce volume for those slider ends could be cool
00:06:079 (5) - this sound should be spaced more than 00:05:913 (4) - thore the sake of intensity
00:08:413 (2,3) - i would ctrl g this rhythm fits more the song
00:13:913 - pls make this clickable
00:16:746 (5) - same again why this is so low spaced
00:32:579 (5) - i would space this more to avoid missread jump stream xd like i did lo
00:50:413 (1,2,3,4) - this being 1/4 sliders could be cool to emphasis claps 00:50:413 (1,3) - here
01:07:413 (5) - why such low spacing aaaa
good diff but why suddently u have jumps with like random spacing, big spacing for less intense beat and small spacing for more instense beat, makes no sense to me...

intense
00:08:413 (2,3) - ctrl g like top diff
00:19:079 (2,3) - ^
01:23:080 (3,4,5) - savage overlap here compared to 01:23:746 (3,4,5,3,4,5) -
nice one here

advanced
00:03:079 (2,5) - stack?
00:03:413 (3,1) - can you blanket for structure here looks better lo
01:16:079 (1,5) - fix stack
good

also idk why do i have those errors lol

rest diffs are fine, nothing major to say..

you could get that set easily ranked if you fix spacing and rhythm issues tbh
Topic Starter
Grrum

Sotarks wrote:

[saiyan]
00:00:579 (4,5) - reduce volume for those slider ends could be cool – good idea
00:06:079 (5) - this sound should be spaced more than 00:05:913 (4) - thore the sake of intensity – see below
00:08:413 (2,3) - i would ctrl g this rhythm fits more the song – I'd really like to have 00:08:746 (3) – be clickable since there is a strong melody note in the song there. I tried making it all circles and it felt too intense; the slider did a nice job of keeping it calm. Looks like we prioritize different tracks of the song here.
00:13:913 - pls make this clickable – I liked sliders to provide more moments of rest. It feels like better pacing that way.
00:16:746 (5) - same again why this is so low spaced – see below
00:32:579 (5) - i would space this more to avoid missread jump stream xd like i did lo – I did a little bit, but maybe that's more of a problem with jump streams.
00:50:413 (1,2,3,4) - this being 1/4 sliders could be cool to emphasis claps 00:50:413 (1,3) – here – good idea
01:07:413 (5) - why such low spacing aaaa – I'm aware of the philosophy towards spacing your applying to this suggestion. It makes nice patterns, and it'd make a nice pattern here. But let me explain the lens through which I look at the music. So the music sounds a bit like this http://puu.sh/xMhR2/3e51f11928.png. The way I hear this part of the music is in groups. I hear the (1,2,3,4) as it's own group and then the (5,6,7,8) group as another different group. The (1,2,3,4) group is rising in intensity as it gets higher in pitch. The (5,6,7,8) group also is rising in intensity. So when I arrange these objects I want (1,2,3,4) to be rising in spacing to reflect that rise in intensity like http://puu.sh/xMhXh/af521d2bcc.png . Okay, so how do we bridge these two groups together? If I were to make (4,5) bigger than (3,4), it would have a very large spacing. That then means I would have to make the (5,6,7,8) group really really big spacing to keep the intense feeling going. Okay, now (7,8) is a gigantic jump. Do I make an even bigger jump into the NC? That's getting out of hand. I need a moment of rest to help me reset my pacing. So try replaying the map while looking at these objects not as individual notes but as groups of notes.
good diff but why suddently u have jumps with like random spacing, big spacing for less intense beat and small spacing for more instense beat, makes no sense to me... – Though you will still disagree, I hope you can appreciate the experience I'm trying to create.

intense
00:08:413 (2,3) - ctrl g like top diff – I'd really like to have 00:08:746 (3) – be clickable since there is a strong melody note in the song there.
00:19:079 (2,3) - ^ – ^
01:23:080 (3,4,5) - savage overlap here compared to 01:23:746 (3,4,5,3,4,5) - – hmmm good point. Was hard to get no overlap at all, so I changed the way the stack works and now the overlap isn't so savage. I think this will work, but I'll keep an eye on this pattern
nice one here – thanks

advanced
00:03:079 (2,5) – stack? – how would the player see the note then? That seems like a bigger issue to me
00:03:413 (3,1) - can you blanket for structure here looks better lo – good idea
01:16:079 (1,5) - fix stack – fixed
good

also idk why do i have those errors lol – yeah that's strange, I don't have them.

rest diffs are fine, nothing major to say..

you could get that set easily ranked if you fix spacing and rhythm issues tbh – Good to know my aesthetics have improved then.
DeletedUser_423548
m4m

Beginner
  1. CS2.5 is better
    I think it is very beautiful :)
Moderate
  1. 00:02:746 (1,2) - 1/1 slider is better
  2. 00:07:579 - 00:18:246 - Why are not you picking up the sound here?
    00:07:413 (3) - It might be a good idea to make this a 1/2 slider
  3. 00:10:746 (1,2,3,4) - 00:21:413 (1,2,3,4) - It is better to only press Ctrl+G for rhythm
    For difficulty this is the difficulty level for beginners to play. Beginners can not cope with suddenly 1/2 rhythm.
    I think that it is necessary to teach the rhythm with a slider first.
  4. 00:34:079 (1) - Why are you keeping this distance so close?
  5. 00:44:079 (1) - I think it is dangerous to use 1/4
  6. 01:01:413 (1,2,3) - How about folding slider?
Advanced
  1. Moderate and SD difference are 1.3
    I think this difference is dangerous and it is better to lower Advanced SD
I think that other diff does not have a problem

Good luck!
Chibi Maruko
q

intense
  1. 00:04:746 (4) - ctrl + j
  2. 00:34:579 - stop sliderend at blue tick
  3. 01:23:746 (2,3,4) - this doesn't look stack. stack them
super saiyan
  1. 00:02:079 (5,6) - why you overlap this instead space it
  2. 00:06:079 (5,6) - The space between this were too short. increasing it
  3. 00:06:746 (1) - the slider is unrankable xd. try to not making random slider or change it to blanket slider, sliderwave or idk. same situation like 00:17:413 (1) - 01:08:079 (1) - 01:18:746 (1) -
  4. 00:07:746 (5,6) - increasing space it bcs you put the sound twice here. same like 00:18:413 (5,6) -
  5. 00:25:746 (2,3,4) - 2hard4players2fcthis bcs this part lel. decreasing them
  6. 00:26:913 (2,3,4) - ^
  7. 00:31:079 (3,4,5) - ^
  8. 00:32:246 (2,3,4) - ^
  9. 00:50:079 (1,2,3,4) - something weird bout this. and yeah, the circle (4) kinda out of this. move a little bit left
  10. 00:55:079 (1) - why nc here? is it making sense?
gl!
Topic Starter
Grrum

Yasaija 714 wrote:

m4m

Beginner
  1. CS2.5 is better – I disagree
    I think it is very beautiful :)thanks!
Moderate
  1. 00:02:746 (1,2) - 1/1 slider is better – I agree
  2. 00:07:579 - 00:18:246 - Why are not you picking up the sound here? – I wanted this to be restful, but it's a bit too restful, so yeah made ½ slider here
    00:07:413 (3) - It might be a good idea to make this a 1/2 slider
  3. 00:10:746 (1,2,3,4) - 00:21:413 (1,2,3,4) - It is better to only press Ctrl+G for rhythm – A lot of modders have an issue with this rhythm and had a few different fixes for it. I'm not sure what to do about this, so I'm going to wait for some feedback, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna change this somehow.
    For difficulty this is the difficulty level for beginners to play. Beginners can not cope with suddenly 1/2 rhythm.
    I think that it is necessary to teach the rhythm with a slider first. – There are sliders earlier in the diff that help this, but I'm more concerned about transitioning to the next difficulty if I don't use any ½ rhythms, so I actually think this makes the spread better.
  4. 00:34:079 (1) - Why are you keeping this distance so close? – King Henry said to stack, I liked the idea, but I realize I need to do one or the other. I'll keep it normal like you said.
  5. 00:44:079 (1) - I think it is dangerous to use ¼ – thank you for the feedback. I will continue to monitor this as mods come in
  6. 01:01:413 (1,2,3) - How about folding slider? – I'll keep it as is
Advanced
  1. Moderate and SD difference are 1.3
    I think this difference is dangerous and it is better to lower Advanced SD – I'm aware of this, but you're current comment on this issue isn't helpful because I don't have your opinion on what the problems are and how to address them. What are the patterns in Moderate/Advanced that present problems to the spread?
I think that other diff does not have a problem – :)

Good luck! – thanks!

Chibi Maruko wrote:

q

intense
  1. 00:04:746 (4) - ctrl + j – it doesn't matter either way
  2. 00:34:579 - stop sliderend at blue tick – yup
  3. 01:23:746 (2,3,4) - this doesn't look stack. stack them – how would the player be able to see the circle? This seems like a bigger issue to me.
super saiyan
  1. 00:02:079 (5,6) - why you overlap this instead space it – is there a problem with that? Currently the spacing increases along this combo which I thought was nice (idea came from Nowa).
  2. 00:06:079 (5,6) - The space between this were too short. increasing it – I disagree, but I'm exploring ways to make my intent more obvious.
  3. 00:06:746 (1) - the slider is unrankable xd. try to not making random slider or change it to blanket slider, sliderwave or idk. same situation like 00:17:413 (1) - 01:08:079 (1) - 01:18:746 (1) - – It is rankable, but I'm on your side when it comes to SV issues like this. Reduced the SV to mostly match the normal SV, will get more opinions on this.
  4. 00:07:746 (5,6) - increasing space it bcs you put the sound twice here. same like 00:18:413 (5,6) - – I was hoping to hear feedback on this. I'm gonna wait for more opinions, but if I change this, it will be the hitsounds that go because the spacing goes nicely with the melody.
  5. 00:25:746 (2,3,4) - 2hard4players2fcthis bcs this part lel. decreasing them – I see where you're coming from, but I'm not entirely convinced. I'll keep an eye on this as I move forward and ask for more feedback
  6. 00:26:913 (2,3,4) - ^
  7. 00:31:079 (3,4,5) - ^
  8. 00:32:246 (2,3,4) - ^
  9. 00:50:079 (1,2,3,4) - something weird bout this. and yeah, the circle (4) kinda out of this. move a little bit left – I like it this way
  10. 00:55:079 (1) - why nc here? is it making sense? – it goes with the NC after 00:50:079 (1,2,3,4) - .
gl! -- thanks!
mindmaster107
Saiyan -- What's your opinion on spacings like 00:05:413 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and 01:06:746 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - etc. Also, did you feel like the triples at 00:25:746 (2,3,4) -were too big?

[Saiyan]
The song feels 5ms too early, but that may just be me.

Time for direct feedback by your request:
00:05:413 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This is actually one of the best parts of the map imo. the spacing was clearly different reflecting the song visually and in gameplay. I would ask you the question: "If someone were to play this section without music, would they 'see' the music?".

01:06:746 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This feels overdone though. Your idea was clearly represented, but it goes beyond what the song provides imo.

00:25:746 (2,3,4) - Nope! This feels about right! Unless you were mapping for pp, this would be pretty good.

Time for my general and personal advice:
00:00:080 (1,2,3) - 00:01:579 (2,3,4) - Notice thje clearly distinct levels of intensity of each object. The map needs to clearly represent this. Space closer in, and 2 further away.

00:08:746 (3,4,5,6) - Why is this a boring pattern, when a pattern on a similar section: 00:07:413 (3,4,5,6) is way better, and represents the song through variable spacing?
00:07:413 (3,4,5,6) - This section however does still feel a bit too spaced. Keep in mind you need to have spacing about the same in similar levels of intensity.

00:10:746 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - This is an example of what I am looking for. Patterns with clear links to the song, with visuals, rhythm, and perceived spacing.
00:13:079 (3,4,5,6,1) - This however is distinctly different to the previous pattern, of having a whoosh sound behind it. I would maybe increase spacing, and make it a curved stream instead of a linear one.

00:18:079 (3,4,5,6) - Again, you mustn't be sloppy with spacing. 6 is clearly an emphasized object, and it has been spaced pathetically.

Im beginning to repeat ideas, but comb through the beginning section and you will see other contradiction.

00:23:746 (3,4,1) - Imagine 3 and 4 as circles. Would the jumps here be anywhere as intense as the song treats them as? Remember, kick sliders are spaced like traditional jumps instead of like streams, so keep in mind the difference.

00:24:246 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 00:29:579 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - The stream doesn't feel complex enough to represent the song correctly. Maybe convert into kick sliders or use stream jumps or something, cus there are clearly emphasized notes in there surrounded by 1/4.

00:38:413 (5) - Remember tails should be placed on sounds less intense than the head.

You repeat most if the issues I mentioned above. I personally think you are kinda far from rank, but I believe you can reach it eventually!
Topic Starter
Grrum

mindmaster107 wrote:

Saiyan -- What's your opinion on spacings like 00:05:413 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and 01:06:746 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - etc. Also, did you feel like the triples at 00:25:746 (2,3,4) -were too big?

[Saiyan]
The song feels 5ms too early, but that may just be me. – yeah, I said it was 10 ms early, so that kind of confirms some suspicions, will wait for more opinions before changing

Time for direct feedback by your request:
00:05:413 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This is actually one of the best parts of the map imo. the spacing was clearly different reflecting the song visually and in gameplay. I would ask you the question: "If someone were to play this section without music, would they 'see' the music?". – thanks for the feedback. I could ramble a lot about this pattern and the feedback I've gotten from it, but I'll spend my time better and pass.

01:06:746 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This feels overdone though. Your idea was clearly represented, but it goes beyond what the song provides imo. – I am continuing to change this pattern and will try to incorporate this feedback in it.

00:25:746 (2,3,4) - Nope! This feels about right! Unless you were mapping for pp, this would be pretty good. – Nice

Time for my general and personal advice:
00:00:080 (1,2,3) - 00:01:579 (2,3,4) - Notice thje clearly distinct levels of intensity of each object. The map needs to clearly represent this. Space closer in, and 2 further away. – This doesn't need to have different levels of spacing. Go play any of Frey's maps and you'll see design is heavily prioritized over consistently spacing pitch changes in the song. Even if Frey's philosophy is not something I generally agree with, this map is one my favorites. As for my pattern, I do like nerfing the first (2,3) distance, but the second pattern is fine.

00:08:746 (3,4,5,6) - Why is this a boring pattern, when a pattern on a similar section: 00:07:413 (3,4,5,6) is way better, and represents the song through variable spacing? – Because I think it's a good way to represent the descending intensity here
00:07:413 (3,4,5,6) - This section however does still feel a bit too spaced. Keep in mind you need to have spacing about the same in similar levels of intensity. – I think the pacing is good here

00:10:746 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - This is an example of what I am looking for. Patterns with clear links to the song, with visuals, rhythm, and perceived spacing.
00:13:079 (3,4,5,6,1) - This however is distinctly different to the previous pattern, of having a whoosh sound behind it. I would maybe increase spacing, and make it a curved stream instead of a linear one. – It's not distinct enough to me. After testing, I liked what I had more.

00:18:079 (3,4,5,6) - Again, you mustn't be sloppy with spacing. 6 is clearly an emphasized object, and it has been spaced pathetically.
– I disagree, 6 is not emphasized in the music and it's my intention to decrease the intensity here.

Im beginning to repeat ideas, but comb through the beginning section and you will see other contradiction.

00:23:746 (3,4,1) - Imagine 3 and 4 as circles. Would the jumps here be anywhere as intense as the song treats them as? Remember, kick sliders are spaced like traditional jumps instead of like streams, so keep in mind the difference. – Increased slightly, but I don't think these notes in the music are a big focus in the music to warrant hard jumps.

00:24:246 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 00:29:579 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - The stream doesn't feel complex enough to represent the song correctly. Maybe convert into kick sliders or use stream jumps or something, cus there are clearly emphasized notes in there surrounded by 1/4.
– I will keep the notion of a more complex stream in the back of my head, but ultimately I think we have different attitude towards ¼ patterns. I'm not a player who enjoys ¼ jumps and try to avoid them when I can. After testing a lot of spacing changes, the current spacing change in the stream is the one I liked.

00:38:413 (5) - Remember tails should be placed on sounds less intense than the head. – agreed, no change

You repeat most if the issues I mentioned above. I personally think you are kinda far from rank, but I believe you can reach it eventually! – Thanks for the mod! I believe I can reach it eventually too.
Bokkie
Hi form my queue c:

[Moderate]
  1. 01:07:745 (4) - it seems like object's end isn't properly snaped (AiMod)
[Advanced]
  1. 00:21:579 (2,2) - stack them
  2. 00:26:746 - make this note here clickable
  3. 01:04:413 (2,5) - stack those two
[Intense]
  1. 00:26:413 (8,1,2,3) - this breaks the flow and results in an awkward movement; to fix it, you could stack this triple and move it on top of 00:26:079 (6) - then move 00:27:246 (4) - to something like x:355 y:77
  2. 01:22:579 (6,1) - I feel like this jump is a bit too big
  3. 01:25:080 (3,4,5,6,7) - rather than curved stream, try something like this
[Saiyan]
  1. 00:42:746 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - you could have the distance increasing over time to match the song better
  2. 01:09:746 (2) - I'd stack this on top of 01:08:913 (4) -
  3. 01:24:913 (2) - place it between 01:24:246 (2,1) - to keep the pattern consistent; then adjust 01:25:079 (3,4,5,6,7) - to keep the flow
[Afterword]
Wow. That was fun. Every diff looks nice and clean. Couldn't really find any major flaws. Good job!
Take a star and make it ranked asap
☆☆☆
Affirmation
Q

[Intense&saiyan]
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9284215 File was cracked...? I updeted it, and all notes were delete.
Could you re-update it?

[saiyan]
00:02:079 (5,6) - weird overlap? you didn't use this overlap at 00:02:246 (6,7,8) -
00:07:079 (1) - Unnecessary NC
00:12:079 (1,2) - 00:12:746 (1,2) - I think this Big ds looks weird, cause this song's intense gets lower. so bigget DS than 00:11:413 (1,2) - 00:10:746 (1,2) - can be not so good.
00:15:413 (4,5,1) - Could you set similar flow with 00:04:746 (4,5) - ? can be good for consistency
00:22:746 (1,2) - reduce DS, too.
00:55:079 (1) - Unnecessary NC
01:25:412 (7) - NC here

[Intense]
00:18:746 (1,2) - I think this overlap looks not so good, at similar rhythm, you didn't use overlap well.
00:55:496 - 00:55:579 - 00:55:663 - add beats. this part have strong beats for express music, 00:50:162 (2,3,4) - like this, and for consistency.
01:25:413 (7) - NC?

GL
Topic Starter
Grrum

Catshy wrote:

Hi form my queue c:

[Moderate]
  1. 01:07:745 (4) - it seems like object's end isn't properly snaped (AiMod) -- fixed
[Advanced]
  1. 00:21:579 (2,2) - stack them -- I prefer this way because I can actually see the object
  2. 00:26:746 - make this note here clickable -- long slider to provide rest is good pacing
  3. 01:04:413 (2,5) - stack those two -- no
[Intense]
  1. 00:26:413 (8,1,2,3) - this breaks the flow and results in an awkward movement; to fix it, you could stack this triple and move it on top of 00:26:079 (6) - then move 00:27:246 (4) - to something like x:355 y:77 -- I admit that the flow into (1) could use more experimentation. I will get more feedback and see what I can do.
  2. 01:22:579 (6,1) - I feel like this jump is a bit too big -- I'm very curious why you feel that way. Explaining your feelings is very useful feedback to me. This jump is smaller than the jump at 01:11:913 (6,1) - and some other jumps, so I don't feel like the spacing is the culprit behind your concerns. I'm aware that this last set of jumps is a bit less intuitive and isn't standard flow, but that's exactly why I like hearing the reactions. I will continue to get more feedback and monitor this pattern
  3. 01:25:080 (3,4,5,6,7) - rather than curved stream, try something like this -- I like my curve
[Saiyan]
  1. 00:42:746 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - you could have the distance increasing over time to match the song better -- The song feels pretty stagnant to me, so the spacing is intentional
  2. 01:09:746 (2) - I'd stack this on top of 01:08:913 (4) - -- nice
  3. 01:24:913 (2) - place it between 01:24:246 (2,1) - to keep the pattern consistent; then adjust 01:25:079 (3,4,5,6,7) - to keep the flow -- why should I be consistent? Music doesn't say to do that.
[Afterword]
Wow. That was fun. Every diff looks nice and clean. Couldn't really find any major flaws. Good job! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Take a star and make it ranked asap -- Thanks for the mod!
☆☆☆

Neoskylove wrote:

Q

[Intense&saiyan]
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9284215 File was cracked...? I updeted it, and all notes were delete.
Could you re-update it? -- I'm aware of this issue, but re-updating has not solved it. This is very buggy and I would need to talk to some tech people about it

[saiyan]
00:02:079 (5,6) - weird overlap? you didn't use this overlap at 00:02:246 (6,7,8) - -- Overlap is necessary to create an increase in spacing and the overlap doesn't look that bad
00:07:079 (1) - Unnecessary NC -- Maybe, but the idea is to separate the previous high SV slider from the rest of the map.
00:12:079 (1,2) - 00:12:746 (1,2) - I think this Big ds looks weird, cause this song's intense gets lower. so bigget DS than 00:11:413 (1,2) - 00:10:746 (1,2) - can be not so good. -- There is a very clear change in the music at 00:12:079 (1) - which I think is expressed nicely with bigger spacing into (2).
00:15:413 (4,5,1) - Could you set similar flow with 00:04:746 (4,5) - ? can be good for consistency -- very nice suggestion, good attention to detail.
00:22:746 (1,2) - reduce DS, too. -- no
00:55:079 (1) - Unnecessary NC -- it's to be consistent with 00:50:413 (1) - and there are ranked maps with worse combo spam
01:25:412 (7) - NC here -- I prefer not

[Intense]
00:18:746 (1,2) - I think this overlap looks not so good, at similar rhythm, you didn't use overlap well. you're right that this isn't ideal, but the flow is good and the overlap isn't that bad.
00:55:496 - 00:55:579 - 00:55:663 - add beats. this part have strong beats for express music, 00:50:162 (2,3,4) - like this, and for consistency. -- We disagree on either how to pace maps or on what tracks are important. I'm following the melody, and this is clearly a restful section of the song. Increasing intensity doesn't make sense with what the map is trying to do.
01:25:413 (7) - NC? -- I prefer not

GL -- thanks for the mod!
Cerulean Veyron
Hello! Requested from my queue~ The first feedback request I've got ;3/

[ Playability]
  • Rating: [ 5 / 10 ]
______________________________________________________________________________________
I will be honest, the structures around each difficulty are closely to be similar and linear but they weren't very well put together by the looks of it. And some of the slider shapes, specifically in the mid difficulties, weren't really that appealing in terms of aesthetics. The overall pattern designs, of course, are quite solid and pretty much fine to me, but not as much as it could be abound to both aesthetics and objects' layout when executing such odd and generic structures which isn't really the best way to represent the mapset itself. But I don't really mind seeing some shaped patterns being pasted in any objectives of the set, but would probably be this unprejudiced in any way. And I wouldn't recall that copy-pasted patterns in all of the difficulties being uncreative or just a bit lazy for mapping out the composition of the song track. But hey, at least it's sufficient enough to be rankable.

To answer your issues; Intense difficulty 00:23:413 (1,2) - , the two circles kinda befit the part here since the pitch of the song track in this section sounds way more diminishing to be clickable rather than lifted. But you could possibly try out replacing the note on 00:23:413 (1) - being a kick slider because there's this hi-hat on 00:23:496 - sounds literally audible for some object to land on, but that's just my personal opinion. And for the jumps before this part, it gradually feels very broadening based on distance spacing but it's certainly suitable and in accordance with the music due to the semi-bulid up or some sort of it as far as I see it.

For the Saiyan difficulty; The jumps you mentioned are totally good and fine in note placements, but the distance spacings around those are practically not organized properly and feels a little bit awkward to play and bypass through it. As being said, there could be some changes to be made in regards for every emphasizing objects towards the song track, but it doesn't infringe too hardly on the overall playability of the set. Which is most likely be called "intensity". Lastly 00:21:413 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1) -, It's not actually overmapped for sure, but the structural flow is somehow the thing that makes most of the jumps feel pretty eccentric. They seemed to be pretty much enforced and could've benefit some variation as they are pretty much not tolerable. You could really try a variety of patterns than sticking to one thing on this whole section though, just a suggestion.

[ Rhythm]
  • Rating: [ 7 / 10 ]
______________________________________________________________________________________
At least you've made every rhythm composition follow really well as in introducing the music changes of the song track. There are like, a few of them are somehow kinda offbeat according to the melody and tunes of the song track. They didn't completely fit in quite sufficiently, but I'm sure you may notice it needs just a few rhythms that could bind the music perfectly. Although, I also did notice there are lots of rhythm were done pretty much consistent throughout each difficulty. But since the verses over the whole song sounds way different in each part, you could've pulled off more variations and complexity than a few solid and common stuff for this choice of rhythm composition. You've done pretty much fine on this category, well done.

Moderate difficulty 00:10:746 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -, the rhythm here seems pretty consistent overall. To me, it doesn't look really ordinary all around, and how it presented the instruments in the music straightly. As well there isn't anything amazing around the rhythm composition in my opinion, but it's not that bad at the same time. Since it's after the easiest difficulty around the mapset, I could've really tell exactly if this rhythm is supposed to be okay or not. It's just that it's not pretty normal to me. You could try something else if you want to, but for such rhythm composition in this kind of difficulty, it's actually a solid choice and not bad after all.

[ Difficulty Curve]
  • Rating: [ 4 / 10 ]
The spread hovers too widely over the mid difficulties by around one level spread-wise, which is likely not even since there are clear raises in each but it's just more than enough in my opinion. Speaking about note density from the easiest to challenging stuff, I might say... It could've been better if you didn't broaden the gap especially in-between the mid difficulties, because those had quite an impact of the spread, which how they were mapped with some way of the note density differences and comparable level of difficulty each one of them. In my point of view, the mapset somehow isn't mapped for difficulty perhaps. It's more like you're focusing much on the construction of the map more than the spread, which is quite unbalanced at some point.

Speaking about note density that affected the difficulty spread, the density ramps up not quite balanced: 141 - 208 - 290 - 454 - 472. That being said, the higher difficulties have varied note density a lot based on emphasis and structuring of the jumps and note placements. I wonder why the mid difficulties' are dropped off a lot than any other just because the star rating gap is big. You do have a small problem with the spread in the mid difficulties, the only thing I could give this out is that you'll need to nerf just a little more of Advanced difficulty or buff up the Moderate difficulty to balance the spread more consecutively. The mapset structure is pretty much good and fine, but the spread wasn't executed quite well at this current state.

[ Hitsounds]
  • Rating: [ 3 / 5 ]
The hitsounding sounds pretty neat, the switch in-between sampleset is solid simple as ever. Though the volume setting in some parts were pretty loud even though with soft sampleset the objects sounds pretty much louder, yet it seems like it did not pertain the soundwave equally after each section. Well, not to mention the overuse of soft whistles being slight disturbing at some parts of the song track like here 00:23:746 - for example. I personally feel that the effect usage of the hitsounds are kinda too dense that it isn't really befitting the song track's soundwave much correctly including the normal common hit of a circle sound or even if you're intending to follow those deep rides and snares. Not that I can tell the difference between the drum custom hitsound and soft whistle sampleset. Especially for the last chorus on 01:03:746 - which is closely to being way too loud due to volume control not manipulated enough. But it doesn't mean it's a bad thing after all, you can try doing something that basically leaves a hitsound follow a melody and another hitsound follows percussion, etc. Therefore, hitsounding was solid fine. Could've been better, but it was okay honestly.

You do have quite some experiences in mapping and implement such patterns, but somehow on this mapset it probably didn't stood out well. But I do believe you'll do much better later on. So generally, I would mind calling this a solid set because you've tried your best in mapping the song as a whole, which I really admire your work. I expected more from this, but you actually did pretty well in executing good rhythms and some structures.

Best of luck with the mapset!
Pachiru
[Novice]
  1. 00:04:746 (4,5) - I think that those two circles are causing a small issue on this part, cause it makes the think pretty overloaded, and it's quite hard for a beginner to read properly this pattern. As said in the Ranking Criteria, on an Easy difficulty, you should avoid using too much stacks. In that case, the hardest stacks is this one: 00:05:079 (5) - cause it's stacked on the sliderhead of this slider: 00:06:746 (3) - so if you should fix something, that would be this: 00:05:079 (5) -
  2. 00:09:413 (4,5,6) - The flow here is very sharp, so try to put that circle: 00:10:412 (6) - a bit higher, to make it more fluid to the player.
  3. 00:19:413 (2,5) - Those two stacked circles are quite an issue too, cause it's actually confuse the player since they're both using the same combo color, and since this circle 00:19:746 (3) - is still barely visible just after you end the "4" slider, it might be misleading, so he might be lost in the map and fail. To conclude, you need to make it more clear, to avoid that issue.
  4. 01:06:412 (5,3) - As I said for the first point, the problem is the circle that is stacked on the sliderhead of this slider: 01:08:079 (3) - I've noticed some other stacks that could've been moved, but it's still playable.
  5. 01:20:746 (2,3,4,5) - Same as previously, since it's a copy/paste of the previous part, I guess you understand my issue so I don't explain it again. :)
I don't really like the stacks on an Easy diffs, especially on some patterns like those one 01:20:746 (2,3,4,5) - cause it's making the reading a way harder, and since the song is pretty fast (180 BPM) so the player may not think about "Where I have to click?!"

[Moderate]
  1. 00:06:412 (4) - To respect the shape of this pattern 00:05:746 (2,3) - why you didn't follow it again for the following slider here: 00:06:412 (4) - ? They're doing the same beat, so I don't get why you avoid it. It might add some consistancy in the diff like this.
  2. 00:06:746 (1,2) - Why are you making those two beats as circles? You're missing the beat here: 00:06:913 - & 00:07:246 - that you mapped previously with 1/2 sliders here. So to be consistant, map those beats.
  3. 00:32:746 (2,3) - You need to make this more clear, since the sliders are too close to 00:32:079 (1) - so it makes the things quite overloaded. It's not harming the gameplay, since there is no issues about playability, but it's more on aesthetics stuffs.
  4. 00:33:413 (1,2) - That would be better to stack circles here, cause it would make the thing easier, since Normal might be played by beginners, and they don't necessarily have abilities to click fast and move their cursor fast.
  5. 01:01:413 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I've noticed that you used those patterns quite a lot in this map. It might be too hard for a Normal diff in my opinion. So you can use two different things to nerf this. By doing this or this.
Good luck with ranking! :3
Topic Starter
Grrum
@Cerulean – It was a bit hard to understand you at times, so I hope I got the jist of what you were saying. I will say that Novice, Moderate, and Advanced are difficulties I intentionally tried to make generic and structured, so I'm not that upset by that. I am aware that the difficulty spread from Moderate to Advanced is borderline, but I was hoping to hear what parts made it so. Thanks for mentioning the hitsounds, and now I will think more about what volume setting I should base the map on instead of just 100 all the time (though it seems fine to me for this map). For the Intense diff, I'm actually considering weakening the note density because I feel it is too energetic for the audience at this level of the song. For the Saiyan diff, I'm glad that you pushed me in a new direction because I think I found a different pattern, though I will say that having some level of repetition is a goal for this pattern because the music is pretty repetitive here. Thank you very much for the feedback, I can tell you put a lot of work into it!

Pachiru wrote:

[Novice]
  1. 00:04:746 (4,5) - I think that those two circles are causing a small issue on this part, cause it makes the think pretty overloaded, and it's quite hard for a beginner to read properly this pattern. As said in the Ranking Criteria, on an Easy difficulty, you should avoid using too much stacks. In that case, the hardest stacks is this one: 00:05:079 (5) - cause it's stacked on the sliderhead of this slider: 00:06:746 (3) - so if you should fix something, that would be this: 00:05:079 (5) - – I want to get more feedback on this. I see where you're coming from, and if you said it with a bubble behind you I would do it, but I feel like this kind of overlap isn't awful to read since it's on a slider tail and there's a fair amount of time between them.
  2. 00:09:413 (4,5,6) - The flow here is very sharp, so try to put that circle: 00:10:412 (6) - a bit higher, to make it more fluid to the player. – Yeah, but the triangle aesthetic seems nice to me
  3. 00:19:413 (2,5) - Those two stacked circles are quite an issue too, cause it's actually confuse the player since they're both using the same combo color, and since this circle 00:19:746 (3) - is still barely visible just after you end the "4" slider, it might be misleading, so he might be lost in the map and fail. To conclude, you need to make it more clear, to avoid that issue. – totally agree.
  4. 01:06:412 (5,3) - As I said for the first point, the problem is the circle that is stacked on the sliderhead of this slider: 01:08:079 (3) - I've noticed some other stacks that could've been moved, but it's still playable.
  5. 01:20:746 (2,3,4,5) - Same as previously, since it's a copy/paste of the previous part, I guess you understand my issue so I don't explain it again. :)
I don't really like the stacks on an Easy diffs, especially on some patterns like those one 01:20:746 (2,3,4,5) - cause it's making the reading a way harder, and since the song is pretty fast (180 BPM) so the player may not think about "Where I have to click?!" – Got it, will try to avoid this issue in the future.

[Moderate]
  1. 00:06:412 (4) - To respect the shape of this pattern 00:05:746 (2,3) - why you didn't follow it again for the following slider here: 00:06:412 (4) - ? They're doing the same beat, so I don't get why you avoid it. It might add some consistancy in the diff like this. – The aesthetics are like this: http://puu.sh/xY4Cs/53c14ceeb0.jpg
  2. 00:06:746 (1,2) - Why are you making those two beats as circles? You're missing the beat here: 00:06:913 - & 00:07:246 - that you mapped previously with 1/2 sliders here. So to be consistant, map those beats. – That would be a lot of slider spam. I want to include some moments of rest for the player to recover from intense rhythms, and I think the small rest here reflects the song in a way here.
  3. 00:32:746 (2,3) - You need to make this more clear, since the sliders are too close to 00:32:079 (1) - so it makes the things quite overloaded. It's not harming the gameplay, since there is no issues about playability, but it's more on aesthetics stuffs. – Agreed
  4. 00:33:413 (1,2) - That would be better to stack circles here, cause it would make the thing easier, since Normal might be played by beginners, and they don't necessarily have abilities to click fast and move their cursor fast. – That presents some reading difficulties, and I think it's fine like it is
  5. 01:01:413 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I've noticed that you used those patterns quite a lot in this map. It might be too hard for a Normal diff in my opinion. So you can use two different things to nerf this. By doing this or this. – Maybe. Will consider it with more mods
Good luck with ranking! :3 – Thanks so much for the mod!
Sakurauchi Riko
Hey, M4M thing

top diff
00:01:246 (1) - the sound is longer than the short sounds on 00:00:579 (4,5) - , maybe consider an extended slider to 00:01:496 - to represent the "holding sound better. also on the sliderend is no beat or sound so this would work very well imo
00:02:079 (9,10,11,12) - this looks a bit messed up, you actually represent the same thing with every single slider here, so i think they should be arranged together aswell (for example with equal distance between objects)
00:05:413 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - i think it would look better if you decrease the spacing between the objects by a tiny bit, currently its actually kinda hard to read (if you believe it or not), with farther distance between the circles it would look cleaner and better readable
00:08:579 - this is an important sound that stands out from the default rhythm, so this should be clickable imo
00:10:746 (1,2) - this is stronger than 00:10:413 (5,6) - so the DS between the jump should be increased
00:19:246 - same thing as above
00:19:413 (3,4,5,6) - idk why you use linear flow here with fairly low distance, before you did jumps with mostly sharp angles
00:21:413 (1,2) - as above
00:43:413 (5,5) - stack dis
01:01:246 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - inside of this pattern the flow is inconsistent, i think it should be the same here so maybe arrange the triples clockwise or anticlockwise
01:17:913 (4,4) - i'd stack this, you dont use overlaps anywhere
01:20:413 (2,3) -
01:21:413 (1,6) -
01:22:913 (2,1,1) -

novice
00:10:079 (5,1) - blanket
01:11:412 (5,1) -
00:12:746 (4,3) - fix stack
00:38:587 - fix the break timeline thing

really clean diff, only small and personal things to say - solid

moderate
00:17:413 (1,1) - stack w
00:48:746 (3,4) -
01:18:746 (1,1) - consider checking all stacks again, most of the are slightly off
01:00:079 (5) - make slider to next white tick, the sound continues

also really consistent diff, although i personally disagree with the visual appeal (slidershapes especially) - rhythm looks really good

advanced
this shouldnt be called advanced, the diff below this is an advanced - this one here is a Hard difficulty
00:00:080 (1,4) - stack this instead to make it less confusing
00:03:079 (2,5) - stack
00:05:913 (2,4) - yea... i'd stack everything that is almost a stack and heavy overlap - check the diff there are more
00:55:746 (4,5,6,7) - i think this is a bit too much for "Hard" diff, cosnider making reverse slider instead
01:12:746 (1,3) - ugly overlap

hope i could help you a bit, i suck at modding sorry!!
Best of Luck :)
show more