forum

Aether Realm - The Sun, The Moon, The Star

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hohol454
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 27. května 2018 at 15:06:37

Artist: Aether Realm
Title: The Sun, The Moon, The Star
Tags: Æther Realm Tarot melodic folk death metal deathstream marathon
BPM: 137
Filesize: 28992kb
Play Time: 18:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Following my Heart (7 stars, 5842 notes)
Download: Aether Realm - The Sun, The Moon, The Star
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Fuck this is long
Mlaw22 is pretty good
JiruPiru
Hi there! I noticed you asked me for a mod in my queue, I'll try and mod the first half of the map if that's fine. I literally just testplayed it and it's so fun. :)
I'll give you your mod asap but it'll take me a while :P
JiruPiru
Hi there! Here is your mod :)

memes
00:00:577 (1) - Slider doesn't fit the rest of this section
00:35:613 (1,2,3,4) - This jump is really uncomfortable straight after some triangles, maybe switch triangle to horizontal jumps or switch horizontal jump to triangles
00:39:117 (1,2,3,4) - Zig zag is really uncomfortable to play after a stream
01:52:431 (1) - to 02:14:716 (5) - shouldn't really be mapped
03:04:431 (10) - Should be curved to fit the rest of the sliders
04:43:573 (3,4,5) - Shouldn't be so spaced out
04:57:002 (5) - Breaks flow, try something like this: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8850690 or something :P
07:14:716 (1) - Repeats too many times, use more short repeat sliders
07:55:859 (1,2) - Very strange rhythm choice, use full beat sliders instead
10:44:716 (1) - Have a circle before spinner?

1/10 no edgy background
TheKingHenry
Hello M4M from my queue~
First of all, osu! needs more songs like this (yes, I am partaking in this mission as well)
Following my Heart
  1. First some timing. The timing point at 10:53:526 - is useless. More like it's wrong, but anyways. Similarly, the one at 10:53:370 - is also at wrong place. It should be at 10:53:682 - (if you had mapped smth here, you should just move the one at 10:53:526 to 1/2 later, but since you haven't you can just the timing point straight there. Now here I'd use some more red points to tie it up neatly from 10:52:283 - but that's really not necessary if you don't want. Anyways, now that you have these points right, you don't need the one at 11:02:432 - since you already have it covered. Or alternatively since you have nothing mapped for this break time, just have the one timing point there where you begin mapping. Which breaks the metronome for break time and all that shit. So preferably just have everything timed correctly (by the way, the current timing "breaks the metronome" as well since it's off-beat wrong. Anyways, lot's of text for easy little fix here lol
  2. Speaking of timing, I'd also like to put points to places such as 12:41:182 - to "tie it neatly together" as I said. So basically add one point for the one measure that is of different signature.
  3. Next messy timing place. The red points before 13:11:925 - is unnecessary (or you could put 210bpm 5/4 there or smth) and then this is for apparent no reason timed slightly later than the beat? Okay I see the sounds are pretty much similarly "late" but going forward, 13:20:781 (1) - for example is now late due the timing being late. Also how 13:46:485 - is atleast about back to the old tempo it kinda feels unnecessary to have the middle part timed like that. Well, if the sounds are like that then it's fine I guess, but then you need to time it more, since not all the sounds were like that. Also the overall bpm being half the bpm before seems like abusing for SV, but I'll leave that up to your judgement
  4. That could maybe be said of some parts earlier too, but imo 3/4 would fit better considering the multiple parts where the emphasis lands on the middle tick of these long measures here during the section from 13:49:913 - on
  5. 14:39:055 - also now that I saw this off bookmark here, there were also shitton of unsnapped green points for example. Please snap (speaking of snappings, also from AiMod there are multiple objects not snapped as well, fix. Even one kiai seems not snapped, probably due the green points being fucked up here and there)
  6. Now for the map itself: since it's along af, but it's single map, I'll most likely end up noting some stuff that is repeatedly problematic in my opinion. As in, not going to post the same stuff for the couple hundred times it happens in map this long. Hopefully this is still going to be useful ^^
  7. Visuals are often kinda lacking or feel wrong. For example straight in the beginning, 00:02:766 (2,4) - overlaps like this don't really fit the neat feeling of the intro, and I would just get rid of them. Stacking stuff like 02:53:288 (7,1) - is easy to fix (this one was prob due the automatic stack pushing the slider the fuck away). Stream aesthetics are the thing that I'm probably most gonna note about (well, lots of streams, duh). For example stuff like 03:49:002 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - look kinda crude (as in how the streams is almost straight first, then curves). Also since you are using a lot of sharp, clear changes in the stream direction for on-beats, it doesn't look too good when there's lower-angled, not so clear curves for the same on-beats. For example, 00:37:292 (6,1) - is sharp, 00:37:730 (6,1) - is still following the same idea but then 00:38:168 (6,1) - is almost smooth. But still isn't smooth. So what is it?
  8. Allright back to earlier places. 00:14:591 - I really like the feeling onwards from this point for some time, like the clearly faster sliders, how it's pretty neat looking and the hitsounds and that shit. But it's very lacking (actually, this one is cool but the intro is way too overspaced) Like, see 00:19:847 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - vs 00:09:482 (2,3,1,2,3) - lol, aren't they like, pretty much the same spacing, when the first one should have like 2 times the spacing of the intro one. Atleast. lol. Buffing it overly isn't going to help, but tuning the intro both spacing-wise and making some of the circles sliders instead would be good approach imo.
  9. 00:26:708 (1,2,1,2) - anti-jumps would be cool imo
  10. 00:44:372 (7) - NC? Or looking forward, the NCing is somewhat questionable at times. Perhaps NC every 1st tick instead of switching according to circles vs sliders (which rhythmically doesn't really line all the time)
  11. 00:55:759 (1,2) - kinda weird place for stacking stuff, maybe make the stream blanket the circle instead
  12. 00:56:635 - guitars getting more intense but the spacing of the circles from them is now reduced to 0 instead
  13. 01:03:204 (3) - just use the same NCing logic here?
  14. 01:14:518 (6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - speaking of stream aesthetics, this very slightly curved stream doesn't look too good here. Same with 01:16:343 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - tbh. Aand, going forward, stuff like 01:27:730 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - look pretty messy. Mixture of overlapping streams, different angles of direction changes, crudely blanketing streams and different stream curves and so on. As an more overall point, in a map like this with the stream-justifying sounds being very consistent and neat most of the time, it would be best to have consistent and neat streams as well. Something along the lines of stuff like 00:29:482 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - and then just adjust the spacing. Obviously, stuff like 03:18:145 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - is completly different matter since the basis of emphasis is different.
  15. 03:28:073 (4,1) - shouldn't 1 be the one, form which on the stream is lower spacing?
  16. 03:40:431 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - looks cool, but way too strong stream shape emphasis for stuff that's around almost all the time in the song
  17. 04:03:573 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - could use less curves
  18. 04:47:573 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - not looking good
  19. 05:36:002 - where's that triple here. Other one ahead in this section, but after that you begin mapping it. Maybe map em all?
  20. 06:22:431 (12,13,14,1) - shouldn't these have the same distance from both the sliders? I think that's how you've done most of these so far. Doing it like this reminds me more of the spaced triples you have couple here so far.
  21. 06:31:002 - definitely buff these sliders (make them circles as in jumps). Not feeling like guitar solo stuff atm. The intensity is about the same as with just casual slider parts there have been.
  22. 07:09:288 (1,1,1) - cool idea, but there are couple little problems I find with it. First of all, the vocal emphasis is one the sliderends. Secondly, on 07:10:145 (1) - the vocals aren't on beat, thus making the object misaligned with the song. And finally, it's necessary to have huge SV to make the star 07:11:002 (1) - which doesn't line up with the intensity of the vocals, which is basically going down from the first one, until the actual chorus begins. The background sound getting up at the star doesn't really make up for it imo. All in all mostly small things, aside from the misaligned rhythm which actually bothers me when going through this part
  23. 07:17:788 (20) - smth is kinda questionable here when you combo is going up to 20 (just once, so it's not even consistently according to smth). Like, I know its 6/4 but if you have it go up like that only once, you aren't having some consistent idea behind the NC. Same stuff occasionally during the section from 08:33:573 - on as well
  24. 07:55:859 (1) - make the sliderends of these ones a lot more quieter. Not sounding nice atm
  25. 08:19:145 (11,1) - good place for anti-jump as well
  26. 09:11:288 (13,1) - looks ugly how this is not stacked (dunno if it can here, but do something will ya)
  27. 10:19:859 - pretty cool scream tbh (also cool how the atmosphere is darker too)
  28. 11:09:541 (2,3,4,5,6) - uh what is this, I don't think it fits the guitar too well tbh. The guitar is smooth (sounds are similar) instead of heavily focusing on every second one, which would kinda lead to possible emphasis being executed like this
  29. 11:19:932 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I don't think the lowering spacing is necessary here. The effect it can bring about with only few circles is kinda minimal, and just having consistent spacing for these looks better.
  30. 12:27:822 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - another somewhat straight looking passage of streams that doesn't really look good
  31. 12:43:057 (1) - not sure what rhythm this is but doesn't matter, there is nothing in the music that justifies this. (pretty much everything is 1/4) So just get rid of all these lol
  32. 13:03:628 - I think it woudl be really cool if you just kept going with the jumps here, but instead of circles it would be kicksliders (for the 1/4) as long as the drum pattern is the snare+bass stuff. Well, here it would basically be until 13:09:628 - and the 1/3. Or just alternatively have streams with jump-like kicksliders ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  33. 14:51:341 - god bless this guy actually has pretty decent sounding clean vocals. I wonder what it sounds like if he would sing louder stuff with this good voice (choruses aren't really that type of cleans as in you can't distinguish the actual stuff)
  34. 18:11:341 (2) - noticing around here that the timing's actually off for this outro (the song is clearly earlier than the map). Maybe slightly wrong BPM, maybe fucked up offset of that timing point. Check that stuff
  35. Didn't end up that much on the overall side as I thought tbh, but finally gonna say couple things for the streams. For visuals you could perhaps try to interact little more with the surrounding objects with the streams, in similar way you woudl do with sliders (blankets and such for example). That makes the structure better. For the streams itself, avoid changing the strenght of the curve mid way (like I mentioned with couple examples), basically keep them smooth if possible. Changing the direction of the curve (=making multiple curves) works, but preferably keep the curves of about the same angles (for the same point). And avoid somewhat straight curves (completely straight streams are cool sometimes when it fits the music (for example for effect or whatnot)). For spacing, I didn't really notice that many places where inconsistent spacings across different streams (compared to the music) happened but just reminder to keep it relevant to the music (looking at every map every with that one super-fuckin spaced stream on a place with music that has been present in the map dozen times already). And finally, I'd avoid stuff like 11:37:119 (1,2) - (not the best example, I see where this is coming from, but the map is so fuckin long I can't find the example I wanted anymore.)
  36. Guess that's bout it. Very cool song. I have heard some of their earlier stuff and it was pretty nice but not nearly as epic as this. Keeping eye on these dudes now. Map needs a lot of work, but that's the case with long maps.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
hohol454
DilPil111

DilPil111 wrote:

Hi there! Here is your mod :)

00:00:577 (1) - Slider doesn't fit the rest of this section I like to throw few of these sliders in there for variety
00:35:613 (1,2,3,4) - This jump is really uncomfortable straight after some triangles, maybe switch triangle to horizontal jumps or switch horizontal jump to triangles seems comfoftable to me
00:39:117 (1,2,3,4) - Zig zag is really uncomfortable to play after a stream no testplayer had trouble with it
01:52:431 (1) - to 02:14:716 (5) - shouldn't really be mapped why not, long pause is boring
03:04:431 (10) - Should be curved to fit the rest of the sliders it's in there for variety because it's not part of a bigger pattern
04:43:573 (3,4,5) - Shouldn't be so spaced out guitar
04:57:002 (5) - Breaks flow, try something like this: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8850690 or something :P made it better
07:14:716 (1) - Repeats too many times, use more short repeat sliders follows vocals
07:55:859 (1,2) - Very strange rhythm choice, use full beat sliders instead full beat sliders feel really empty
10:44:716 (1) - Have a circle before spinner? no sound that's impactful enough for that imo

1/10 no edgy background

TheKingHenry

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello M4M from my queue~
First of all, osu! needs more songs like this (yes, I am partaking in this mission as well)
Following my Heart
  1. First some timing. The timing point at 10:53:526 - is useless. More like it's wrong, but anyways. Similarly, the one at 10:53:370 - is also at wrong place. It should be at 10:53:682 - (if you had mapped smth here, you should just move the one at 10:53:526 to 1/2 later, but since you haven't you can just the timing point straight there. Now here I'd use some more red points to tie it up neatly from 10:52:283 - but that's really not necessary if you don't want. Anyways, now that you have these points right, you don't need the one at 11:02:432 - since you already have it covered. Or alternatively since you have nothing mapped for this break time, just have the one timing point there where you begin mapping. Which breaks the metronome for break time and all that shit. So preferably just have everything timed correctly (by the way, the current timing "breaks the metronome" as well since it's off-beat wrong. Anyways, lot's of text for easy little fix here lol fixed
  2. Speaking of timing, I'd also like to put points to places such as 12:41:182 - to "tie it neatly together" as I said. So basically add one point for the one measure that is of different signature.
  3. Next messy timing place. The red points before 13:11:925 - is unnecessary (or you could put 210bpm 5/4 there or smth) and then this is for apparent no reason timed slightly later than the beat? Okay I see the sounds are pretty much similarly "late" but going forward, 13:20:781 (1) - for example is now late due the timing being late. Also how 13:46:485 - is atleast about back to the old tempo it kinda feels unnecessary to have the middle part timed like that. Well, if the sounds are like that then it's fine I guess, but then you need to time it more, since not all the sounds were like that. Also the overall bpm being half the bpm before seems like abusing for SV, but I'll leave that up to your judgement Had to adjust the timing for piano, it was unplayable without the delay. Halved bpm is just because it felt too slow for 210. I already used 0.2x SV before so it's not for that. The 13:10:485 - timing point doesn't do anything but the piano starts there so I put it there to make all of it 105. I removed the red line at 13:49:913 - and made the one before 210 so it makes at least a bit of sense. I kept the 105 part because there's no objective measure of bpm without a beat and it just feels nicer
  4. That could maybe be said of some parts earlier too, but imo 3/4 would fit better considering the multiple parts where the emphasis lands on the middle tick of these long measures here during the section from 13:49:913 - on ok
  5. 14:39:055 - also now that I saw this off bookmark here, there were also shitton of unsnapped green points for example. Please snap (speaking of snappings, also from AiMod there are multiple objects not snapped as well, fix. Even one kiai seems not snapped, probably due the green points being fucked up here and there) Had to move some timings manually because it was bad before and then a ton of green lines and objects got fucked because of rounding errors or something. I didn't resnap the ones at the end since they are always 1-2 ms earlier than they should be so they don't fuck up anything
  6. Now for the map itself: since it's along af, but it's single map, I'll most likely end up noting some stuff that is repeatedly problematic in my opinion. As in, not going to post the same stuff for the couple hundred times it happens in map this long. Hopefully this is still going to be useful ^^
  7. Visuals are often kinda lacking or feel wrong. For example straight in the beginning, 00:02:766 (2,4) - overlaps like this don't really fit the neat feeling of the intro, and I would just get rid of them. Stacking stuff like 02:53:288 (7,1) - is easy to fix (this one was prob due the automatic stack pushing the slider the fuck away). Stream aesthetics are the thing that I'm probably most gonna note about (well, lots of streams, duh). For example stuff like 03:49:002 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - look kinda crude (as in how the streams is almost straight first, then curves). fixedAlso since you are using a lot of sharp, clear changes in the stream direction for on-beats, it doesn't look too good when there's lower-angled, not so clear curves for the same on-beats. For example, 00:37:292 (6,1) - is sharp, 00:37:730 (6,1) - is still following the same idea but then 00:38:168 (6,1) - is almost smooth. But still isn't smooth. So what is it? you're right, i'll try to make those things consistent
  8. Allright back to earlier places. 00:14:591 - I really like the feeling onwards from this point for some time, like the clearly faster sliders, how it's pretty neat looking and the hitsounds and that shit. But it's very lacking (actually, this one is cool but the intro is way too overspaced) Like, see 00:19:847 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - vs 00:09:482 (2,3,1,2,3) - lol, aren't they like, pretty much the same spacing, when the first one should have like 2 times the spacing of the intro one. Atleast. lol. Buffing it overly isn't going to help, but tuning the intro both spacing-wise and making some of the circles sliders instead would be good approach imo. The intro pattern is more spaced because it's important in the context of the intro since a different sound enters the picture while the triangles later aren't that important. I think the comparison is a bit unfair. Still I agree the intro should be lower spacing just because it's so silent.
  9. 00:26:708 (1,2,1,2) - anti-jumps would be cool imo not sure what defines anti-jumps, also I like this a lot
  10. 00:44:372 (7) - NC? Or looking forward, the NCing is somewhat questionable at times. Perhaps NC every 1st tick instead of switching according to circles vs sliders (which rhythmically doesn't really line all the time)
  11. 00:55:759 (1,2) - kinda weird place for stacking stuff, maybe make the stream blanket the circle instead
  12. 00:56:635 - guitars getting more intense but the spacing of the circles from them is now reduced to 0 instead The forced stop at every sliderend and the following small jump add a lot of emphasis since it's a bit awkward to play.
  13. 01:03:204 (3) - just use the same NCing logic here? k
  14. 01:14:518 (6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - speaking of stream aesthetics, this very slightly curved stream doesn't look too good here. Same with 01:16:343 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - tbh. Aand, going forward, stuff like 01:27:730 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - look pretty messy. Mixture of overlapping streams, different angles of direction changes, crudely blanketing streams and different stream curves and so on. As an more overall point, in a map like this with the stream-justifying sounds being very consistent and neat most of the time, it would be best to have consistent and neat streams as well. Something along the lines of stuff like 00:29:482 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - and then just adjust the spacing. Obviously, stuff like 03:18:145 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - is completly different matter since the basis of emphasis is different. For me personally I found that I dont notice if a stream is ugly while playing, only in the editor (especially with high AR), Even stuff like old dragonforce maps with ar8 and hand placed streams look fine when you play them.
    I'll review the streams but imo it's not very important. 01:27:730 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) looks kinda bad tho
  15. 03:28:073 (4,1) - shouldn't 1 be the one, form which on the stream is lower spacing? y that's a mistake
  16. 03:40:431 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - looks cool, but way too strong stream shape emphasis for stuff that's around almost all the time in the song I guess it's true, rip pattern
  17. 04:03:573 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - could use less curves true
  18. 04:47:573 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - not looking good why
  19. 05:36:002 - where's that triple here. Other one ahead in this section, but after that you begin mapping it. Maybe map em all? this section is overall pretty inconsistent in rhythm. 05:42:573 - is missed because I map to the guitar and some drums in sliders because I didn't want this part to be too dense. I'll have to find a way to make it better
  20. 06:22:431 (12,13,14,1) - shouldn't these have the same distance from both the sliders? I think that's how you've done most of these so far. Doing it like this reminds me more of the spaced triples you have couple here so far. had to do with the higher SV slider and that the 1/3 is more audible,
    it's better consistent probably
  21. 06:31:002 - definitely buff these sliders (make them circles as in jumps). Not feeling like guitar solo stuff atm. The intensity is about the same as with just casual slider parts there have been. will do
  22. 07:09:288 (1,1,1) - cool idea, but there are couple little problems I find with it. First of all, the vocal emphasis is one the sliderends. Secondly, on 07:10:145 (1) - the vocals aren't on beat, thus making the object misaligned with the song. And finally, it's necessary to have huge SV to make the star 07:11:002 (1) - which doesn't line up with the intensity of the vocals, which is basically going down from the first one, until the actual chorus begins. The background sound getting up at the star doesn't really make up for it imo. All in all mostly small things, aside from the misaligned rhythm which actually bothers me when going through this part I like to put these kinds of gimmicks into my maps. It's a bit problematic for sightread and the moon being out of rhythm is pretty bad. I guess I could make a timing point there, i'll see to it once I get home
  23. 07:17:788 (20) - smth is kinda questionable here when you combo is going up to 20 (just once, so it's not even consistently according to smth). Like, I know its 6/4 but if you have it go up like that only once, you aren't having some consistent idea behind the NC. Same stuff occasionally during the section from 08:33:573 - on as well Tied NC to the vocals here, But NC throughout the map kinda needs reworking, I did it when I was pretty burned out
  24. 07:55:859 (1) - make the sliderends of these ones a lot more quieter. Not sounding nice atm forgot
  25. 08:19:145 (11,1) - good place for anti-jump as well
  26. 09:11:288 (13,1) - looks ugly how this is not stacked (dunno if it can here, but do something will ya) i think it can be fixed
  27. 10:19:859 - pretty cool scream tbh (also cool how the atmosphere is darker too)
  28. 11:09:541 (2,3,4,5,6) - uh what is this, I don't think it fits the guitar too well tbh. The guitar is smooth (sounds are similar) instead of heavily focusing on every second one, which would kinda lead to possible emphasis being executed like this Shit headphones right now but i'm sure I heard somethin to justify it when I made it,
    , will check
  29. 11:19:932 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I don't think the lowering spacing is necessary here. The effect it can bring about with only few circles is kinda minimal, and just having consistent spacing for these looks better. true
  30. 12:27:822 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - another somewhat straight looking passage of streams that doesn't really look good agree
  31. 12:43:057 (1) - not sure what rhythm this is but doesn't matter, there is nothing in the music that justifies this. (pretty much everything is 1/4) So just get rid of all these lol lol that was a green line being 2 ms early and not applying where it should
  32. 13:03:628 - I think it woudl be really cool if you just kept going with the jumps here, but instead of circles it would be kicksliders (for the 1/4) as long as the drum pattern is the snare+bass stuff. Well, here it would basically be until 13:09:628 - and the 1/3. Or just alternatively have streams with jump-like kicksliders ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The jump sectiom is long as hell as it is. I found that 13:02:914 (2) - is overmapped, looks like i'll split this thing kinda into 2 sections so the streams can stay and it's a bit easier
  33. 14:51:341 - god bless this guy actually has pretty decent sounding clean vocals. I wonder what it sounds like if he would sing louder stuff with this good voice (choruses aren't really that type of cleans as in you can't distinguish the actual stuff)
  34. 18:11:341 (2) - noticing around here that the timing's actually off for this outro (the song is clearly earlier than the map). Maybe slightly wrong BPM, maybe fucked up offset of that timing point. Check that stuff probably similar thing to what happened at that piano part
  35. Didn't end up that much on the overall side as I thought tbh, but finally gonna say couple things for the streams. For visuals you could perhaps try to interact little more with the surrounding objects with the streams, in similar way you woudl do with sliders (blankets and such for example). That makes the structure better. For the streams itself, avoid changing the strenght of the curve mid way (like I mentioned with couple examples), basically keep them smooth if possible. Changing the direction of the curve (=making multiple curves) works, but preferably keep the curves of about the same angles (for the same point). And avoid somewhat straight curves (completely straight streams are cool sometimes when it fits the music (for example for effect or whatnot)). For spacing, I didn't really notice that many places where inconsistent spacings across different streams (compared to the music) happened but just reminder to keep it relevant to the music (looking at every map every with that one super-fuckin spaced stream on a place with music that has been present in the map dozen times already). And finally, I'd avoid stuff like 11:37:119 (1,2) - (not the best example, I see where this is coming from, but the map is so fuckin long I can't find the example I wanted anymore. I know there are like 2 places where that happens too. i'll fix for playability
  36. Guess that's bout it. Very cool song. I have heard some of their earlier stuff and it was pretty nice but not nearly as epic as this. Keeping eye on these dudes now. Map needs a lot of work, but that's the case with long maps.
Good luck!

No update until next month except the wrong green line. Can't work on this setup
edit: apparently I can't upload maps too, rip fixing the green line
edit2: applied stuff, changed some streams and NC

Thanks for the mods, especially kinghenry
sakebi
modding first 1:30

00:09:341 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - bad hitsound use custom
00:34:596 (3,3) - fix overlap

no other issues i see
Topic Starter
hohol454

lilligantEX wrote:

modding first 1:30

00:09:341 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - bad hitsound use custom intended
00:34:596 (3,3) - fix overlap good catch

no other issues i see
thx
mithew
hello! https://osu.ppy.sh/s/724192 my map

1. 00:27:005 kinda odd to have this unmapped, doesn't make much sense to me
  2. 00:33:866 (1,1) - have these two as repeat sliders instead, the sudden change in rhythm isnt really justified until 00:34:742 (1) -
  3. 00:42:114 (6,1) - angle change should happen on (1) not (6)
  4. 00:46:129 (1) - undermaps are fine but the triple here deserves some attention, makes the map less boring on parts like these if you don't ignore those little details
  5. 00:51:822 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - idk 00:51:822 (2,3,4) - these are much more significant in the song compared to 00:52:260 (5,6,7) - so its weird to see them all ds'd the same way, i'd make it more jumpy on the higher pitched guitar notes
  6. 01:15:399 (6) - it really doesn't sound like there's an easy snapping choice here so it'd probably be best to just use start this on the white tick
  7. 01:22:406 (6) - ^
  8. 01:12:844 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - spacing is a bit too dramatic. the guitar is relatively quiet and having them spaced this much makes the actual significant streams feel way less dramatic than they should be (01:17:662 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - )
  9. 01:24:943 (2,3,4,5) - kinda hard to read as a 1/8th, i think a very small ds'd stream would be better than just straight up stacked
  10. 01:25:326 (1) - white tick should be clickable
  11. 02:32:721 (15) - a slow slider here would fit well for that fade out in the song, sucks to see it ignored otherwise
  12. 02:49:007 (1) - made the red tick a 1/2 slider
  13. 02:47:007 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - your rhythm choice kinda sucks for this section i reccomend using 1/2 sliders on all the unclickable kicks instead of ending the sliders on them, so on 02:48:721 02:49:436 02:52:150 02:54:721 circle instead 02:55:578 and 02:57:578 (4,5) - on both of these slider ends
  14. 03:05:293 (1,2,6) - these deserve more attention, idk why they're mapped so passively
  15. 03:33:293 (7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - quite extreme spacing when you compare it to this 03:41:578 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - lol
  16. 04:08:578 (3,1) - unstack this, doesn't make sense to have it like that
  17. 04:53:721 (2,4) - unstack these too, they're really awkward to play with no backup behind them
  18. 05:21:578 (1) - don't see a reason to have such a significantly different slider here relative to the rest of the map, you never really incorporated anything like this before so it just feels a bit out of place especially since the song doesn't call for much here
  19. 05:28:436 kinda the same issue here with the last slower section i mentioned, your rhythm choices leave a ton of empty spaces which the song doesn't support all too much, it just feels bland when there's nothing to click on spots like here 05:31:436 while there's a guitar playing in the background. 1/2 sliders do a good job at keeping the player active while still feeling slow like the song is so i'd suggest messing around till you find something you like
  20. 05:47:721 (5,6,7,8) - stream should start here, else it feels pretty ignored
  21. 06:02:721 (1,2,1,2,1,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - this part could definitely use a rehaul, there's lots of rhythms you can implement to keep it active for the player
  22. 06:43:864 (1) - this comes very unexpectedly, would tone it down a bit
  23. 07:04:721 (2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - you should use more circles here, slider spam feels way too weak
  24. 07:09:150 idk why nothing is mapped here lol
  25. 07:09:293 (1,1) - i really think these should start on the white ticks they're ending on, it makes much more sense for the sliders that are representing what he's saying to be starting on the words they're supposed to be shaped after lol. also really sucks to see that 07:09:578 isn't clickable because of your rhythm choice. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10374851 i think this rhythm fits much better, and the red ticks don't really seem neccesary tbh
  26. 07:18:720 (9) - would be cool to see this as two kick sliders instead, the guitar is 1/3 but making them kick sliders still gives it attention and fits cause of the 1/4th percussion
  27. 07:20:720 (1) - this too, but 3 repeat sliders work as well, extending it this long feels off
  28. 07:28:434 (1,1) - same with these, they feel awkward as hell being exteneded this long
  29. 08:06:149 (4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - you could add some circles in here with the snares, 1/2 spam is really boring and i doubt you want that
  30. 09:26:720 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - should start with repeat sliders instead if u care about the player
  31. 10:19:863 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,1) - tbh i think this should be one long stream, the scream in the background would make it so fitting lol, just a silly suggestion
  32. 11:22:430 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - this entire part is very unclear on what you're trying to follow here, the stream usage doesn't really make sense, 11:22:430 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - like if you're going to ignore the 1/4th then it'd make a lot more sense to start ignoring it on (10) and not on (9). you should build this section around that
  33. 11:23:367 (10,10,3,10) - nc should start here not wherever you placed them
  34. 12:06:180 would be cool if the 1/4th wasn't completely ignored here, there's not much else going on in the song that would make it wrong to map
  35. 12:27:742 (5) - should give attention to this
  36. 14:37:911 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - i'm usually not one to pick on aesthetics but just for future reference, straight sliders that aren't angled from -5 to 5 look really bad unless there's a structure behind them, and these just look randomly placed + ctrl j'd so idk, i think there's a lot more you can do here that you aren't really doing (gradually increasing spacing between them, or alter the angles relative to the music
  37. 15:20:768 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - i see no reason to use such sharp angles here, nothing really calls for it
  38. 16:19:911 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - these looks really bad, you could at least arrange 16:19:911 (1,2,3) - in a way that doesn't make 16:20:483 (4,5,6) - stand out so much
really sick song, would be nice to see more maps of these guys. good luck!
Topic Starter
hohol454

mithew wrote:

hello! https://osu.ppy.sh/s/724192 my map

1. 00:27:005 kinda odd to have this unmapped, doesn't make much sense to me done
  2. 00:33:866 (1,1) - have these two as repeat sliders instead, the sudden change in rhythm isnt really justified until 00:34:742 (1) - Makes sense from a consistency standpoint but I think the way it is is more fun to play.
  3. 00:42:114 (6,1) - angle change should happen on (1) not (6) Fuck I hate these mistakes and I made one myself shame on me
  4. 00:46:129 (1) - undermaps are fine but the triple here deserves some attention, makes the map less boring on parts like these if you don't ignore those little details added
  5. 00:51:822 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - idk 00:51:822 (2,3,4) - these are much more significant in the song compared to 00:52:260 (5,6,7) - so its weird to see them all ds'd the same way, i'd make it more jumpy on the higher pitched guitar notes varied the DS slightly in whole section
  6. 01:15:399 (6) - it really doesn't sound like there's an easy snapping choice here so it'd probably be best to just use start this on the white tick
  7. 01:22:406 (6) - ^ The repeat and sliderend hitsounds are really noticably off when the slider starts on white tick
  8. 01:12:844 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - spacing is a bit too dramatic. the guitar is relatively quiet and having them spaced this much makes the actual significant streams feel way less dramatic than they should be (01:17:662 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - ) The guitar is louder in the mix for this part than on 01:17:662 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - and the drums don't feel that dramatic there imo so I kept the same spacing
  9. 01:24:943 (2,3,4,5) - kinda hard to read as a 1/8th, i think a very small ds'd stream would be better than just straight up stacked did that
  10. 01:25:326 (1) - white tick should be clickable Tried that for now, I'll need to see how testplayers read it
  11. 02:32:721 (15) - a slow slider here would fit well for that fade out in the song, sucks to see it ignored otherwise the problem is that I don't do silenced sliderends in this map so it sounds off
  12. 02:49:007 (1) - made the red tick a 1/2 slider y that rhythm is better
  13. 02:47:007 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - your rhythm choice kinda sucks for this section i reccomend using 1/2 sliders on all the unclickable kicks instead of ending the sliders on them, so on 02:48:721 02:49:436 02:52:150 02:54:721 circle instead 02:55:578 and 02:57:578 (4,5) - on both of these slider ends That would be more conventional but I think my way works since the 1/2 sliderends would end up on barely audible bends and there would be long pauses, both of which I don't want
  14. 03:05:293 (1,2,6) - these deserve more attention, idk why they're mapped so passively changed
  15. 03:33:293 (7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - quite extreme spacing when you compare it to this 03:41:578 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - lol vocals add to the intensity, still lowere spacing tho
  16. 04:08:578 (3,1) - unstack this, doesn't make sense to have it like that the kick on 04:08:578 (3) - is too weak to be a proper jumps and small spacing would look super ugly, that's why I chose to stack it.
  17. 04:53:721 (2,4) - unstack these too, they're really awkward to play with no backup behind them ok
  18. 05:21:578 (1) - don't see a reason to have such a significantly different slider here relative to the rest of the map, you never really incorporated anything like this before so it just feels a bit out of place especially since the song doesn't call for much here simplified
  19. 05:28:436 kinda the same issue here with the last slower section i mentioned, your rhythm choices leave a ton of empty spaces which the song doesn't support all too much, it just feels bland when there's nothing to click on spots like here 05:31:436 while there's a guitar playing in the background. 1/2 sliders do a good job at keeping the player active while still feeling slow like the song is so i'd suggest messing around till you find something you like slighly changed
  20. 05:47:721 (5,6,7,8) - stream should start here, else it feels pretty ignored makes it messy imo, better to just have a simple pattern like this.
  21. 06:02:721 (1,2,1,2,1,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - this part could definitely use a rehaul, there's lots of rhythms you can implement to keep it active for the player filled it more
  22. 06:43:864 (1) - this comes very unexpectedly, would tone it down a bit seems ok to me
  23. 07:04:721 (2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - you should use more circles here, slider spam feels way too weak I agree but mapping jumps to drums isn't really something I do in this map except for the mother father sister 1-2 kiai. Tried to increase the spacing to make it at least a bit more powerful
  24. 07:09:150 idk why nothing is mapped here lol idk
  25. 07:09:293 (1,1) - i really think these should start on the white ticks they're ending on, it makes much more sense for the sliders that are representing what he's saying to be starting on the words they're supposed to be shaped after lol. also really sucks to see that 07:09:578 isn't clickable because of your rhythm choice. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10374851 i think this rhythm fits much better, and the red ticks don't really seem neccesary tbh I tried it both ways before and decided for this rhythm, mainly because of the way the star goes into the blast beat stream. and yeah i'll use 1/8 snap instead of a red line
  26. 07:18:720 (9) - would be cool to see this as two kick sliders instead, the guitar is 1/3 but making them kick sliders still gives it attention and fits cause of the 1/4th percussion not a fan
  27. 07:20:720 (1) - this too, but 3 repeat sliders work as well, extending it this long feels off it's mapped to the vocals
  28. 07:28:434 (1,1) - same with these, they feel awkward as hell being exteneded this long same
  29. 08:06:149 (4,5,6,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - you could add some circles in here with the snares, 1/2 spam is really boring and i doubt you want that no
  30. 09:26:720 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - should start with repeat sliders instead if u care about the player nobody broke on that in testplays but most tanked acc, so done
  31. 10:19:863 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,1) - tbh i think this should be one long stream, the scream in the background would make it so fitting lol, just a silly suggestion look at mister stamina guy over here
  32. 11:22:430 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - this entire part is very unclear on what you're trying to follow here, the stream usage doesn't really make sense, 11:22:430 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - like if you're going to ignore the 1/4th then it'd make a lot more sense to start ignoring it on (10) and not on (9). you should build this section around that
  33. 11:23:367 (10,10,3,10) - nc should start here not wherever you placed them Changed only few things in this part, idk it makes sense to me
  34. 12:06:180 would be cool if the 1/4th wasn't completely ignored here, there's not much else going on in the song that would make it wrong to map done
  35. 12:27:742 (5) - should give attention to this changed the whole stream a bit
  36. 14:37:911 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - i'm usually not one to pick on aesthetics but just for future reference, straight sliders that aren't angled from -5 to 5 look really bad unless there's a structure behind them, and these just look randomly placed + ctrl j'd so idk, i think there's a lot more you can do here that you aren't really doing (gradually increasing spacing between them, or alter the angles relative to the music Changed
  37. 15:20:768 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - i see no reason to use such sharp angles here, nothing really calls for it I know,
    it's supposed to be the stars. The whole pattern is like 07:09:293 (1,1,1) - and 14:51:340 (1,1,1) - but made of a stream not sliders. I'll keep it for now.
  38. 16:19:911 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - these looks really bad, you could at least arrange 16:19:911 (1,2,3) - in a way that doesn't make 16:20:483 (4,5,6) - stand out so much changed the whole thing
really sick song, would be nice to see more maps of these guys. good luck! I also mapped The Tower if you want something jumpy
Thanks a lot for the mod
MrKosiej
Yo

Kiai isn't snapped! 10:06:149

Ok, my first major concern is that you have a pretty much random jump construction. You make some basic overlapses and weird placement choices that could be easily avoided with some spatial thinking. Here's an example of how i'd place it. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10532803 Keep the spacing mostly even, and your map will look a lot, lot better.

You miss obvious stacks like 00:09:925 (2,2) -

Things like 00:12:260 (3,1) - are looking really meh. It's like, your map, construction is made of random materials. Some are sticks, some are bricks, and they are lying next to eachother, or on top of eachother. Picturize it and then look again at your map. Decide on the material you want to build and keep things connected. Every single pattern, should be connected to its neighbors.

00:14:596 (1,2,3) - this is actually on of better things, cuz you know how to blanket. And that's good.

I was braggin about that even spacing, but i see you do it sometimes, so its not a whole lack of it. You did it here 00:19:852 - for example, on those triangles. It's very cool. But don't let nice things on just single patterns. Keep it on every pattern and on your construction as a whole.

00:20:290 (1,1) - This is that kind of thing that makes me "Ok, why tho". It feels like an obvious mistake. The stream should start on a stack. It doesn't tho.

00:24:523 (3,1) - missed blanket. I thought i said you know how to blanket. Hmmmm. Oh well, i guess you missed some. Keep blankets in mind the next time you go through this map and correct them.

00:24:815 (2,2) - yeah im not gonna point out every overlaps that should be a stack but ill write some untill i get bored.

00:26:275 (2) - this could be right in between 00:25:691 (4,5) - and that would be so much more aestheticly pleasant. Rotate then the slider and you'll get yourself a pretty line https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10532913
Do the same line with 00:26:567 (4,5,2,3) - and you'll have 2 nice connected patterns.

Streams are looking mostly fine.

00:45:691 (8,4) - stack with tail

00:47:881 (1,2) - keep straight with follow point
00:49:852 (2,3,4) - same

02:44:721 (3,4,5,1,2,1,2,3,4) - i really like this patterns. Makes me wonder, why you don't do cool stuff like that more often.

04:54:150 - eargasm lol

06:32:436 (5,6,1) - replace with kicksliders cuz i hear drums there. Shouldn't be ignored.
06:59:864 (4) - same

08:59:293 - i hear some sounds it the bg, pretty jumpy. You might wanna consider adding kicksilder to include them

10:17:293 (9) - nc where

10:44:718 - i like to add a circle right before a spinner. Or rather, put a circle on that strong sound, and then put a spinner so it has a nice emphsis.
10:52:718 - and put that spinner end on 5% instead of 10

12:06:805 (8,9,10,11) - make them kicksliders cuz there are guitar sounds
12:11:805 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - same. I feel like you're overusing streams in your map. There are more ways of representing drums with melody included. Keep that in mind the next time you're remaking some parts. One wise man once said to me (ekhem wishkey): Map to the melody, make the most of it. If you're going to map drums all the time, you might as well map taiko.

12:37:430 - tbh it's boring to see the same ds on every stream. The song does change intensity. It's not like you don't have sth to map to. So change intensity on your streams.

14:58:197 - i cri over how much better you could map this section. Organise it a bit, use maybe stacks, i think it would do good. Like, 14:58:911 (3,4) - this is fine but 14:58:197 (1,2) - stack with tail maybe, or put somewhere where it matters 15:00:483 (6,7) - stack 15:00:625 (7,8) - blanket for consistency. Like these are examples, sth i'd do. Basic ds i saw a ton already in this map. This is a calm part. Make it unique, make it calm, make it peacefull.

15:46:483 - i kinda like this part. Even tho it's just a change to 1/3 it seems more structured. Prolly cuz streams are nicer. There are still overlapse problems tho.

16:18:054 (1) - no nc
16:18:197 (2) - nc
But those ^^ i'm not sure about. It's just weird to see a single nc in a place like that.

17:43:053 - once again i expected sth, more ambitious (?). It's just a basic ds and composition, worthy of a mediocre hard diff. But not worty of a 19 min metal map finish.

Man, i wish this map could get good enough for rank. I'm in love with this song. But i don't think it's possible with just mods rn. I think it requires you to become a better mapper. Then come back to it, mod your own map, see how much you need to rebuild, and then fix it, then with mods. Maybe, one day, you'll be wise enough to be able to fix it in the proper way. And then we'll see it getting somewhere. Wish you best of luck tho. Nobody knows what the future will bring.
Topic Starter
hohol454

MrKosiej wrote:

Yo

Kiai isn't snapped! 10:06:149 fixed

Ok, my first major concern is that you have a pretty much random jump construction. You make some basic overlapses and weird placement choices that could be easily avoided with some spatial thinking. Here's an example of how i'd place it. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10532803 Keep the spacing mostly even, and your map will look a lot, lot better.

You miss obvious stacks like 00:09:925 (2,2) - I haven't missed them, I just chose not to do them? at no points are these two objects on the screen at the same time. Same applies for the majority of these stacks you point out. From my own experience I don't keep track of where the circles that just disappear were while playing. You can prioritize other things in circle placement than stacks with stuff that isn't on the sceen anyomore. In this case I like both the spacing and the angle I have between 00:10:217 (1,2) - so I don't really want to change that, and moving 00:09:779 (1,2,3) - would make the distances between 1,3 and the repeat slider too small to my liking. These are small things but so is that stack and we just have different priorities.

Things like 00:12:260 (3,1) - are looking really meh. It's like, your map, construction is made of random materials. Some are sticks, some are bricks, and they are lying next to eachother, or on top of eachother. Picturize it and then look again at your map. Decide on the material you want to build and keep things connected. Every single pattern, should be connected to its neighbors.

00:14:596 (1,2,3) - this is actually on of better things, cuz you know how to blanket. And that's good.

I was braggin about that even spacing, but i see you do it sometimes, so its not a whole lack of it. You did it here 00:19:852 - for example, on those triangles. It's very cool. But don't let nice things on just single patterns. Keep it on every pattern and on your construction as a whole.

00:20:290 (1,1) - This is that kind of thing that makes me "Ok, why tho". It feels like an obvious mistake. The stream should start on a stack. It doesn't tho. same reasoning as before
00:24:523 (3,1) - missed blanket. I thought i said you know how to blanket. Hmmmm. Oh well, i guess you missed some. Keep blankets in mind the next time you go through this map and correct them. you can blanket this in a number of different ways. you could blanket purple combo 1 in the yellow combo, the other way around or make all of these triangle like 00:24:231 (1,2,1) - that the pattern makes have the same angles. It is blanketed the first way

00:24:815 (2,2) - yeah im not gonna point out every overlaps that should be a stack but ill write some untill i get bored. well this one actually exists for the player but I it would make the flow worse imo

00:26:275 (2) - this could be right in between 00:25:691 (4,5) - and that would be so much more aestheticly pleasant. Rotate then the slider and you'll get yourself a pretty line https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10532913 I would also have weirdly small spacing between 2,3 and a kind of structure that i'm not sure fits well with the map as a whole. I moved 2 a bit tho because it really looked a bit out of place
Do the same line with 00:26:567 (4,5,2,3) - and you'll have 2 nice connected patterns.

Streams are looking mostly fine.

00:45:691 (8,4) - stack with tail see above

00:47:881 (1,2) - keep straight with follow point intended
00:49:852 (2,3,4) - same same as the stacks before

02:44:721 (3,4,5,1,2,1,2,3,4) - i really like this patterns. Makes me wonder, why you don't do cool stuff like that more often. because it's there to accentuate this part since there is a pause right after. Also a lot of patterns looks nice but play like shit, imagine this if the stream was 1/4 and the stuff after was 1/2, wouldn't be nice

04:54:150 - eargasm lol

06:32:436 (5,6,1) - replace with kicksliders cuz i hear drums there. Shouldn't be ignored. y, focused ony on guitar when I could map the drums as well without taking away from it
06:59:864 (4) - same same

08:59:293 - i hear some sounds it the bg, pretty jumpy. You might wanna consider adding kicksilder to include them wouldn't feel great with kicksliders since the sound isn't that intense and can't make it just circles since 1/4 drums.

10:17:293 (9) - nc where nc to vocals/interesting drum stuff in this part, this is neither

10:44:718 - i like to add a circle right before a spinner. Or rather, put a circle on that strong sound, and then put a spinner so it has a nice emphsis. Reminds me of dragonforce
10:52:718 - and put that spinner end on 5% instead of 10 why not

12:06:805 (8,9,10,11) - make them kicksliders cuz there are guitar sounds makes sense
12:11:805 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - same. I feel like you're overusing streams in your map. There are more ways of representing drums with melody included. Keep that in mind the next time you're remaking some parts. One wise man once said to me (ekhem wishkey): Map to the melody, make the most of it. If you're going to map drums all the time, you might as well map taiko. Not like one way is inherently superior to other tho. Mapping to the melody is cool but streams add intensity since you have less passive objects. the drums change change here so I mapped them

12:37:430 - tbh it's boring to see the same ds on every stream. The song does change intensity. It's not like you don't have sth to map to. So change intensity on your streams. SV changes so effective DS does too. not a big change but thats consistent troughout the map. Not that I hate spacing changes but I just wanted long streams in this map to stay relatively the same spacing unless something super interesting is happening with drums

14:58:197 - i cri over how much better you could map this section. Organise it a bit, use maybe stacks, i think it would do good. Like, 14:58:911 (3,4) - this is fine but 14:58:197 (1,2) - stack with tail maybe, or put somewhere where it matters 15:00:483 (6,7) - stack 15:00:625 (7,8) - blanket for consistency. Like these are examples, sth i'd do. Basic ds i saw a ton already in this map. This is a calm part. Make it unique, make it calm, make it peacefull. y done

15:46:483 - i kinda like this part. Even tho it's just a change to 1/3 it seems more structured. Prolly cuz streams are nicer. There are still overlapse problems tho.

16:18:054 (1) - no nc
16:18:197 (2) - nc i guess
But those ^^ i'm not sure about. It's just weird to see a single nc in a place like that.

17:43:053 - once again i expected sth, more ambitious (?). It's just a basic ds and composition, worthy of a mediocre hard diff. But not worty of a 19 min metal map finish. remapped.

Man, i wish this map could get good enough for rank. I'm in love with this song. But i don't think it's possible with just mods rn. I think it requires you to become a better mapper. Then come back to it, mod your own map, see how much you need to rebuild, and then fix it, then with mods. Maybe, one day, you'll be wise enough to be able to fix it in the proper way. And then we'll see it getting somewhere. Wish you best of luck tho. Nobody knows what the future will bring.

I just want to say that mapping stuff to look nice in the editor isn't bad but it often doesn't reflect on the player experience. for example the bravery and grimoire of alice both use cool placement gimmicks that most players just don't notice because the circles never overlap in play. Even stuff that overlaps for a bit is often not noticable, really depends on the way the pattern has to be read, if it's super compact, lower ar and you don't need to focus on individual notes with it's better to stack. So yeah, I see the obvious stacks but I don't think it's a mistake to ignore them in this map since it's nearly ar10 and most patterns are pretty spacious. Just try to play the map and see if the missed stacks bother you at all, because I can't notice even when i'm looking for them while playing.

Big thanks for dissing the slow sections though, they were lazy and bad
Thanks for the mod
MrKosiej
I just wanna say, that your way of thinking, that you don't notice overlapses cuz of high ar thus you don't need to look at them, is preventing you from improvement. This is a big mistake imo. And if you think it's invisible in game, it's false. Cuz when you play you might not notice the overlapses but the overall structure feels like a mess. That's why you make everything nice and connected so it feels like a complete strucutre. But do whatever suits your needs, what feels right. And maybe you'll see one day that i was right. Or maybe i was wrong. Who knows.

no kudo
Topic Starter
hohol454
Thought more about MrKosiej's overlap suggestions. Fixed some spacing and angle inconsistencies and improved visual spacing throughout. Few things that I previously denied were fixed by that
Mentai
my hitsounding guide: p/6559652/

my general issue is that you use whistles for basskicks in this map, i don't ever recommend doing this because you can use whistles to highlight melody/impact points, and can simply use basskicks on normal-hitnormal instead

if you decide to go down this path, which I recommend, I will make suggestions as if you've applied this change

00:07:589 (1) - every beat on these triplet patterns can have a whistle on them (00:09:341 (1) - , 00:09:779 (1) - , etc), through this entire beginning

00:21:603 (1,2,3,4) - this could be earthier, the default is kinda weak for this song. i recommend using the first finish in this pack: https://puu.sh/zRIG8.rar

00:28:611 (1) - again starting here, every white tick could have a whistle sound to emphasize the chord changes/macro rhythm

00:34:304 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - and stuff like this can all have whistles

01:52:436 (1) - it'd be nice to mute sliderslides in this section

03:14:721 - volume setting can vary more, the song gets so strong here, but volume goes up negligibly . try using 85% as your new "this is the loudest it will get" volume and make volume more varied. i'll point out big areas for this

03:57:578 - this part is cool and djent-like, i'd have this at 60%, and the kiais potentially at 75% surrounding this

04:54:150 - i wouldn't put this as low as your into. 40-45% is a better representation

04:57:007 (2) - not sure how i feel about swhistles on the bodies here.... they're really noisy. i feel like just putting them on the sliderheads and sliderends would be better

07:11:007 (1) - just to make sure you know what i mean on the whistles, you hear the chorus in the background, putting whistles on the beats that they sing would be really cool AND bring your stream hitsounds to life

07:11:007 (1) - side note, this is unrankable -_ -

09:28:435 (1) - this section is so cool musically.i would suggest adding whistles to all sliderheads

11:02:430 (1) - you don't really respect what the music is doing here with volume. this should definetly start at like, 25% volume here, and climax at like 60-70% here 11:10:555 (1) - . add green lines in between to make it gradually rise in the subsections

13:11:923 (1) - this can be quieter, and i also recommend muting sliderslides here as well

after listening to 19 minutes of this (props, it's nice to see marathons be mapped to this extent), I'd say your hitsounding fundamentals are good.My issue is only that you relegated whistles to bass kick, so not only is it very noisy for default players, but you're losing a lot of texture you can use to emphasize the melody (mostly the guitars, the vocals are too incoherent most of the time for a sharp whistle effect to work)

here is a whistle i recommend using (the 2nd one, i added another option in case you wanted it): https://puu.sh/zSjrJ.rar
Topic Starter
hohol454

Mentai wrote:

my hitsounding guide: p/6559652/

my general issue is that you use whistles for basskicks in this map, i don't ever recommend doing this because you can use whistles to highlight melody/impact points, and can simply use basskicks on normal-hitnormal instead

if you decide to go down this path, which I recommend, I will make suggestions as if you've applied this change

00:07:589 (1) - every beat on these triplet patterns can have a whistle on them (00:09:341 (1) - , 00:09:779 (1) - , etc), through this entire beginning

00:21:603 (1,2,3,4) - this could be earthier, the default is kinda weak for this song. i recommend using the first finish in this pack: https://puu.sh/zRIG8.rar

00:28:611 (1) - again starting here, every white tick could have a whistle sound to emphasize the chord changes/macro rhythm

00:34:304 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - and stuff like this can all have whistles

01:52:436 (1) - it'd be nice to mute sliderslides in this section

03:14:721 - volume setting can vary more, the song gets so strong here, but volume goes up negligibly . try using 85% as your new "this is the loudest it will get" volume and make volume more varied. i'll point out big areas for this

03:57:578 - this part is cool and djent-like, i'd have this at 60%, and the kiais potentially at 75% surrounding this

04:54:150 - i wouldn't put this as low as your into. 40-45% is a better representation

04:57:007 (2) - not sure how i feel about swhistles on the bodies here.... they're really noisy. i feel like just putting them on the sliderheads and sliderends would be better

07:11:007 (1) - just to make sure you know what i mean on the whistles, you hear the chorus in the background, putting whistles on the beats that they sing would be really cool AND bring your stream hitsounds to life

07:11:007 (1) - side note, this is unrankable -_ -

09:28:435 (1) - this section is so cool musically.i would suggest adding whistles to all sliderheads

11:02:430 (1) - you don't really respect what the music is doing here with volume. this should definetly start at like, 25% volume here, and climax at like 60-70% here 11:10:555 (1) - . add green lines in between to make it gradually rise in the subsections

13:11:923 (1) - this can be quieter, and i also recommend muting sliderslides here as well

after listening to 19 minutes of this (props, it's nice to see marathons be mapped to this extent), I'd say your hitsounding fundamentals are good.My issue is only that you relegated whistles to bass kick, so not only is it very noisy for default players, but you're losing a lot of texture you can use to emphasize the melody (mostly the guitars, the vocals are too incoherent most of the time for a sharp whistle effect to work)

here is a whistle i recommend using (the 2nd one, i added another option in case you wanted it): https://puu.sh/zSjrJ.rar
Applied pretty much everything except the hitfinish since I like the one I have. I know about the star being kinda unrankable since the sliderpath isn't clear, but it's played the same no matter which way it goes and because of that it didn't cause reading problems for any testplayer. Was hoping to get it through because of that.

thanks a ton.
polka

I'm just gonna go through the first five minutes hope you don't mind!

1. 00:32:990 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - there's no reason to space this any differently than ur other streams. Increase spacing here.
  2. 00:36:056 (4) - Held note here, why not use a slider?
  3. 01:24:943 (2,3,4,5) - Even with this minor reduction in spacing, players can't detect the change in streaming speed this fast, especially since spacing really close to this has been used before. Use a repeating kick slider here and then longer 1/8 streams can use that and then maybe a small 1/8 burst.
  4. 02:21:293 (1,2) - slider here for a couple of reasons, firstly to keep the density low because this part is fairly .... calm compared to the rest haha. Secondly it's hard to read this when you have similar circle spacing for wildly different timing proximity.
  5. 02:25:150 (4) - put this a bit closer it's super hard to read considering the spacing of the circle after it. or maybe make this and the one before it a new combo?
  6. 02:32:721 (15) - nc? you've been doing that previously so
  7. 02:45:102 (4,5,1) - maybe a tad more space? still tough to decipher.
  8. 02:46:436 (4) - bigger spacing here? noise is pretty intense.
  9. 03:04:436 (10) - nc and remove it for 03:05:293 (1) -
  10. 04:02:150 (3,4,5,6) - I would rather these just be mapped in pairs over stacks. Just kindf of annoying to play i guess?
  11. 04:04:436 (1) - kind of an unsightly slidershape. I think a standard curve or wave works just fine.
  12. 04:16:293 (1,2) - kick slider here because the triplet into stream things are SUPER hard to play
that's about all! good luck! pm me if you have questions or concerns!
sytho
01:25:326 could be more interesting
02:46:293 add a triplet because i can hear extra ticks in with slower speed
03:03:293 add a new combo
13:37:922 make this wave more interesting
Topic Starter
hohol454
Veridian

Veridian wrote:

I'm just gonna go through the first five minutes hope you don't mind!

1. 00:32:990 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - there's no reason to space this any differently than ur other streams. Increase spacing here. Spacing is low because no blast beat and the guitar isn't intense at all, also this has the first long streams of the map so I wanted to ease players in with smaller spacing. It's too low tho so I increased it slightly while lowering 00:31:238 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - because the guitar isn't that intense either and the difference was too big
  2. 00:36:056 (4) - Held note here, why not use a slider? would be too long, Also mapping 4 to the guitar while 1 isn't would be weird to me.
  3. 01:24:943 (2,3,4,5) - Even with this minor reduction in spacing, players can't detect the change in streaming speed this fast, especially since spacing really close to this has been used before. Use a repeating kick slider here and then longer 1/8 streams can use that and then maybe a small 1/8 burst. they can, trust me. I had many 3 digit players testplay and they didn't have problems sightreading the change. the only problematic part is this 01:25:545 (2,1) - because the repeat starts on a blue tick, but can't fix that if I want 2 to be clickable
  4. 02:21:293 (1,2) - slider here for a couple of reasons, firstly to keep the density low because this part is fairly .... calm compared to the rest haha. Secondly it's hard to read this when you have similar circle spacing for wildly different timing proximity. the vocals aren't calm. I map to the vocals often and this is the place where they first appear, making it unclickable wouldn't make sense. Also I don't see any hard to read stuff
  5. 02:25:150 (4) - put this a bit closer it's super hard to read considering the spacing of the circle after it. or maybe make this and the one before it a new combo? Not hard to read and the NC would actually make it harder.
  6. 02:32:721 (15) - nc? you've been doing that previously so fixed
  7. 02:45:102 (4,5,1) - maybe a tad more space? still tough to decipher. yeah I can see it on this one and the spacing is too small anyway
  8. 02:46:436 (4) - bigger spacing here? noise is pretty intense. idk, the decreasing spacing feels right to me since it's like a chapter of the story has finished, with the calm part right after
  9. 03:04:436 (10) - nc and remove it for 03:05:293 (1) - did it the way matthew suggested
  10. 04:02:150 (3,4,5,6) - I would rather these just be mapped in pairs over stacks. Just kindf of annoying to play i guess? I just like stacks, pairs would work too ofc
  11. 04:04:436 (1) - kind of an unsightly slidershape. I think a standard curve or wave works just fine. made it a wayve
  12. 04:16:293 (1,2) - kick slider here because the triplet into stream things are SUPER hard to play Again you're underestimating the player, it's a 7* map. starting a stream with a stack is super standard
that's about all! good luck! pm me if you have questions or concerns!

Matthew Rigaud

Matthew Rigaud wrote:

01:25:326 could be more interesting I don't want to fuck over the player with 274 bpm patterns out of the blue. The simpler the better. I originally didn't even map the white ticks to give the player more time between the repeat sliders, but then the cymbal wasn't clickable which sucked
02:46:293 add a triplet because i can hear extra ticks in with slower speed similar reasoning with the spacing, I want to simplify this pattern. both the guitar and drums do a triple in this but at different times and it would be needlessly confusing
03:03:293 add a new combo fixed
13:37:922 make this wave more interesting ok

Thanks for the mods
_Meep_
From Meep's Love Live Modding Queue!

General

1. Visual spacing could be improved, use DS to make neater patterns since most of them seem handmapped.

Metadata

1. Add in "marathon' to the tags

1. 00:06:713 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - spacing here could be improved, atm it looks like they were just handmapped and placed there without any context, you could make it have better visual spacing by just copy pasting 00:06:713 (1,2,3) - and bringing the copypasted 3 (and the 1 and 2) to overlap onto 00:06:713 (1) - , it works since they have similar sounds.
  2. 00:09:341 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - why do these have claps? 00:06:713 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this part doesn't have it at all. the hitsounding should stay consistent since the song hasn't changed much at all.
  3. 00:19:852 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - idk, this part has such a high intensity compared to the one behind, yet you're still using these triangles that are small in size and make the player move very little. They don't really emphasise anything in the song imo, should be bigger
  4. 00:21:092 - theres a drum sound here, its best to follow rhythm than to continue making the triangle patterns.
  5. 00:22:041 (4) - why is there a pause here? You should be mapping to the guitar that you have been mapping to since the beginning of this part.
  6. 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3) - The mapping here feels very awkward. As the music changes, hitsound usage also changes, yet the notes still play the same as they always do (structure wise) I think you should use MUCH more space to emphasise certain notes and use much more creative patterns to indicate difference in music.
  7. 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - highlight all these and you'll see how much you cramped up in one small area. Try to use more space as I said earlier
  8. 00:27:735 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - I recommend you use Ctrl+shift+D to make the spiral here since I can easily tell it's handmapped
  9. 00:29:925 (7) - 00:33:428 (7) - why is there no direction change here when there is a direction change on 00:31:676 (1) - ? Be more consistent in your direction changes
  10. 00:34:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This shouldnt differ much in spacing since the guitar pitch doesn't change as much as from 00:34:304 (1,2,3) - to 00:34:742 (1,2,3) -
  11. 00:37:808 (1) - 00:38:684 (1) - there shouldnt be direction changes here, the music doesn't change at all.
  12. 00:44:815 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - feels like you're just placing triangles... just because the song says so. I really hope you try and map to the guitar and its pitch because thats the only thing that changes quite a lot here.
  13. 00:47:443 (6,7,8,1) - why doesn 6-7 have the same spacing as 8-1 when 1 has a much louder sound? I don't see why they should all be emphasised in the same way. there should be spacing emphasis on things like this.
  14. 00:48:319 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - you can see once you highlight, that there are inconsistencies in the pattern.
  15. 01:09:414 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - you should be using DS on parts like these, it's clearly handmapped and it looks bad since the spacing between each note isnt consistent.
  16. 01:19:122 (7,8,9) - the turn here is really sharp here, it'll be hard on the player so curve it a bit more
  17. 01:24:943 (2,3,4,5) - as veridian said, this is really too hard on the player because of the spacing decrease, you shouldn't expect the player to know the song beforehand and expect them to hit this like it's nothing, they'll have to depend on your patterning and your usage of rhythm to figure out what comes next.
  18. 01:39:414 (5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - this too, use Distance Snap please.
  19. 02:25:150 (4) - stack this ontop 02:25:436 (1) - , there isn't any reason to put it so far away.
  20. 02:31:864 (3) - I think this should be NC'd, up to you.
  21. 02:37:007 (1,2,3) - it'd be much better visually if you were more consistent with your slider shape usage, using different kinds of curves in one single combo makes it awkward since there isnt much things going on that are different, slider shapes should be used to indicate different kinds of sounds, so using different kinds of curves makes it feel awkward.
  22. 02:39:150 (7) - here as well, shouldnt the direction be changed?
  23. 02:46:007 - 02:46:293 - missing notes here, you've been mapping to the guitar a whole lot and its weird to just ignore it like that.
  24. 02:57:578 (4) - this should be NC'd.
  25. 03:04:436 (6) - NC this.
  26. 03:05:293 - I don't think theres any ned to increase and decrease SVs so much here, there isn't even any music changes, only these instruments. It's really unecessary
  27. 03:27:864 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - this is just really taxing on the player, making them get used to such different speeds in such a small amt. of time is pretty hard on them, i suggest you reduce the spacing on 03:27:864 (1,2,3,4) -
  28. 03:35:293 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - there isnt really any flow in these jumps, and i feel like they've just been handplaced just because the song calls for jumps here, i recommend u add some structure or pattern to the jumps.
  29. 03:37:007 (5,6,3,4) - these kinds of sliders are bad since slider leniency allows players to jump to each slider with ease, making them emphasise nothing at all. Space them out more and use a different pattern.
  30. 03:42:150 - why is this not Kiai? It's pretty intense in comparison to 03:14:721 - .
  31. 03:59:293 (2) - NC this. It's a new sound
  32. 04:00:007 - 04:00:864 - why there no note here? You could have mapped to the vocals instead of just mapping solely to the drums
  33. 04:05:578 (2,3) - these should be notes.
  34. 04:06:150 (4) - NC
  35. 04:08:721 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this pattern is very annoying for players since it doesn't scale in spacing in any way or play to the music like 03:13:864 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - , i really suggest you change this to something like what u did 03:13:864 -
  36. 04:09:578 - Shouldnt the kiai start here? thats where the chorus starts
  37. 04:21:578 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - now this one is just bad compared to the others, the 4-1 overlaps make it very uncomfortable to play and its just not right, try to use curves more since all i've been seeing are straight lines in these buildups to the choruses
  38. 04:58:436 (2,3) - why do parts like these have clap hs while 05:07:007 (2,3) - don't? keep HSing consistent.
  39. 06:05:864 (6) - overmapped, delete.
  40. 06:09:293 (4) - ^
  41. 06:10:721 (2) - ^
  42. 06:13:007 (3,4,5) - make this slider -> circle -> slider -> circle -> slider instead, it plays much better and allows 06:13:864 - to be clickable.
  43. 06:27:864 (5,6) - can u at least ctrl+G instead of making new sliders XD i can tell the difference
  44. 06:40:721 (5) - NC, different sound as before.
  45. 07:10:114 (1) - this is really close to being a burai slider, the sliderhead and sliderend circle both cover each other so much its really hard to tell which direction they go, please space them out more since this is unrankable.
  46. 07:11:007 (1) - this is unrankable, it doesn't have a clear path at all and is impossible to predict where the sliderball will go.
  47. 07:13:865 (1,1,1) - why is the direction changing so much here when there isn't any changes in the music?
  48. 07:24:151 (1) - Remove the NC here, its the same sound as before.
  49. 07:31:865 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - why are you resorting to using kicksliders like 07:32:151 (5,6,7,8) - when they don't play to anything in the song? something like 07:25:008 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - would have fit this part MUCH better than what you have.
  50. 07:39:864 (5) - NC this
  51. 07:50:721 (7) - NC this
  52. 07:53:578 (5) - ^
  53. 08:08:436 (1,3) - swap the NCs, don't break your NC patterning.
  54. 08:19:578 (2) - overmapped, delete.
  55. 08:22:150 (1,3) - same as before, swap NC
  56. 08:33:007 (3,5) - delete as well, overmapped.
  57. 09:20:007 (2,3,4,5,6) - this is almost impossible to hit, i highly sugest you use a reveres slider for the first three notes or that you just use a 5 note burst.

I'm just going to stop here since the map is long af and it's kinda getting boring, being pretty bland here.
    The map in general lacks a lot in areas such as structure and flow, both of these are almost non-existent in the map and seem ignored simply due to the fact that it's deathmetal (correct me if im wrong it just feels that way to me).
    NC'ing needs a lot of improvement, you seem to be NC'ing to patterns instead of the song.
    Streams and patterns also needs more variations, i never see you use any curved streams for those buildups at all for the first half of the map
    I recommend reworking and relooking over every single stream used in this song and looking for any DS errors, they look really really inconsistent at many parts and it's unrankable as it is now if not fixed.
    gl
Topic Starter
hohol454
meep

_Meep_ wrote:

General

1. Visual spacing could be improved, use DS to make neater patterns since most of them seem handmapped.

Metadata

1. 00:06:713 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - spacing here could be improved, atm it looks like they were just handmapped and placed there without any context, you could make it have better visual spacing by just copy pasting 00:06:713 (1,2,3) - and bringing the copypasted 3 (and the 1 and 2) to overlap onto 00:06:713 (1) - , it works since they have similar sounds. y there was an error
  2. 00:09:341 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - why do these have claps? 00:06:713 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this part doesn't have it at all. the hitsounding should stay consistent since the song hasn't changed much at all. another synth comes in here
  3. 00:19:852 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - idk, this part has such a high intensity compared to the one behind, yet you're still using these triangles that are small in size and make the player move very little. They don't really emphasise anything in the song imo, should be bigger the intensity was expressed by the change in rhythm to a singletap pattern, but y bigger is better
  4. 00:21:092 - theres a drum sound here, its best to follow rhythm than to continue making the triangle patterns. added kickslider
  5. 00:22:041 (4) - why is there a pause here? You should be mapping to the guitar that you have been mapping to since the beginning of this part. The blastbeats stopping is way too significant to continue mapping like I have before, pause is better
  6. 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3) - The mapping here feels very awkward. As the music changes, hitsound usage also changes, yet the notes still play the same as they always do (structure wise) I think you should use MUCH more space to emphasise certain notes and use much more creative patterns to indicate difference in music. the way this plays is very much different from the patterns before. idk what to say really
  7. 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - highlight all these and you'll see how much you cramped up in one small area. Try to use more space as I said earlier 00:25:983 (1,2,3,4,5) - is a repeat of 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5) - ,that's why it's copypasted and uses the same area
  8. 00:27:735 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - I recommend you use Ctrl+shift+D to make the spiral here since I can easily tell it's handmapped it's because of the guitar stuff in the background, if it was just drums I would do this but the guitar kinda lends itself to what I have imo
  9. 00:29:925 (7) - 00:33:428 (7) - why is there no direction change here when there is a direction change on 00:31:676 (1) - ? Be more consistent in your direction changes because 00:31:238 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - is a lot more noticable musically, still the rest of the stream isn't so i just made the curve smaller and changed spacing for 00:31:676 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -
  10. 00:34:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This shouldnt differ much in spacing since the guitar pitch doesn't change as much as from 00:34:304 (1,2,3) - to 00:34:742 (1,2,3) - It does change still even if not as much and it's a lot more natural to play if the spacing increase continues the smae.
  11. 00:37:808 (1) - 00:38:684 (1) - there shouldnt be direction changes here, the music doesn't change at all. cymbals and the guitar melody
  12. 00:44:815 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - feels like you're just placing triangles... just because the song says so. I really hope you try and map to the guitar and its pitch because thats the only thing that changes quite a lot here. This part is kinda groovy, that's why the spacing doesn't change much
  13. 00:47:443 (6,7,8,1) - why doesn 6-7 have the same spacing as 8-1 when 1 has a much louder sound? I don't see why they should all be emphasised in the same way. there should be spacing emphasis on things like this. fixed spacing error
  14. 00:48:319 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - you can see once you highlight, that there are inconsistencies in the pattern. because the spacing changes, it's impossible to make it a grid, moved last row a bit stil
  15. 01:09:414 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - you should be using DS on parts like these, it's clearly handmapped and it looks bad since the spacing between each note isnt consistent. pretty sure this wasn't handmapped, just rounding errors from rotating and scaling it, remade it
  16. 01:19:122 (7,8,9) - the turn here is really sharp here, it'll be hard on the player so curve it a bit more i don't see it
  17. 01:24:943 (2,3,4,5) - as veridian said, this is really too hard on the player because of the spacing decrease, you shouldn't expect the player to know the song beforehand and expect them to hit this like it's nothing, they'll have to depend on your patterning and your usage of rhythm to figure out what comes next. as I said, nobody had trouble with it.
  18. 01:39:414 (5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - this too, use Distance Snap please. it is distance snapped, 1 pixel rounding errors don't really matter
  19. 02:25:150 (4) - stack this ontop 02:25:436 (1) - , there isn't any reason to put it so far away. stack would be hard to read but made the spacing way lower
  20. 02:31:864 (3) - I think this should be NC'd, up to you. could be, i think it's better to read without
  21. 02:37:007 (1,2,3) - it'd be much better visually if you were more consistent with your slider shape usage, using different kinds of curves in one single combo makes it awkward since there isnt much things going on that are different, slider shapes should be used to indicate different kinds of sounds, so using different kinds of curves makes it feel awkward. i wouldn't call it a different kind of curve lol, it's very minute. fixed
  22. 02:39:150 (7) - here as well, shouldnt the direction be changed? could be but the direction change after is mapped to the backing guitar
  23. 02:46:007 - 02:46:293 - missing notes here, you've been mapping to the guitar a whole lot and its weird to just ignore it like that. y but this whole section focuses mainly on vocals
  24. 02:57:578 (4) - this should be NC'd. done
  25. 03:04:436 (6) - NC this. k
  26. 03:05:293 - I don't think theres any ned to increase and decrease SVs so much here, there isn't even any music changes, only these instruments. It's really unecessary the snares are quite prominent here
  27. 03:27:864 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - this is just really taxing on the player, making them get used to such different speeds in such a small amt. of time is pretty hard on them, i suggest you reduce the spacing on 03:27:864 (1,2,3,4) - Not taxing but slightly unfitting
  28. 03:35:293 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - there isnt really any flow in these jumps, and i feel like they've just been handplaced just because the song calls for jumps here, i recommend u add some structure or pattern to the jumps. y the last 2 jumps have pretty bad flow, changed
  29. 03:37:007 (5,6,3,4) - these kinds of sliders are bad since slider leniency allows players to jump to each slider with ease, making them emphasise nothing at all. Space them out more and use a different pattern. changed the second one, first one really has only the second guitar which is quiet
  30. 03:42:150 - why is this not Kiai? It's pretty intense in comparison to 03:14:721 - . could be
  31. 03:59:293 (2) - NC this. It's a new sound ok
  32. 04:00:007 - 04:00:864 - why there no note here? You could have mapped to the vocals instead of just mapping solely to the drums those sound a bit like mistakes by the guitarist
  33. 04:05:578 (2,3) - these should be notes. I like the sliders to make 04:06:150 (4,5) - more impactful
  34. 04:06:150 (4) - NC done
  35. 04:08:721 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this pattern is very annoying for players since it doesn't scale in spacing in any way or play to the music like 03:13:864 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - , i really suggest you change this to something like what u did 03:13:864 - does change the spacing but apparently not enough
  36. 04:09:578 - Shouldnt the kiai start here? thats where the chorus starts that it should
  37. 04:21:578 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - now this one is just bad compared to the others, the 4-1 overlaps make it very uncomfortable to play and its just not right, try to use curves more since all i've been seeing are straight lines in these buildups to the choruses didn't see anyone have trouble with it
  38. 04:58:436 (2,3) - why do parts like these have clap hs while 05:07:007 (2,3) - don't? keep HSing consistent. because the claps are to the electric guitar, not acoustic
  39. 06:05:864 (6) - overmapped, delete. get better headphones/loudspeakers
  40. 06:09:293 (4) - ^^
  41. 06:10:721 (2) - ^cmon this is clearly audible
  42. 06:13:007 (3,4,5) - make this slider -> circle -> slider -> circle -> slider instead, it plays much better and allows 06:13:864 - to be clickable. oh yeah that is way better
  43. 06:27:864 (5,6) - can u at least ctrl+G instead of making new sliders XD i can tell the difference i didn't tho idk how did it happen
  44. 06:40:721 (5) - NC, different sound as before. k
  45. 07:10:114 (1) - this is really close to being a burai slider, the sliderhead and sliderend circle both cover each other so much its really hard to tell which direction they go, please space them out more since this is unrankable.
  46. 07:11:007 (1) - this is unrankable, it doesn't have a clear path at all and is impossible to predict where the sliderball will go. will wait until BN mod, I still faintly believe that it could be rankable because in it's readable in practice.
  47. 07:13:865 (1,1,1) - why is the direction changing so much here when there isn't any changes in the music? there is tho
  49. 07:31:865 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - why are you resorting to using kicksliders like 07:32:151 (5,6,7,8) - when they don't play to anything in the song? something like 07:25:008 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - would have fit this part MUCH better than what you have.
  52. 07:53:578 (5) - ^ done all
  53. 08:08:436 (1,3) - swap the NCs, don't break your NC patterning. idk, the music changes and the pattern looks bad with swapped NCs
  54. 08:19:578 (2) - overmapped, delete. not overmapped
  55. 08:22:150 (1,3) - same as before, swap NC same
  56. 08:33:007 (3,5) - delete as well, overmapped. not overmapped
  57. 09:20:007 (2,3,4,5,6) - this is almost impossible to hit, i highly sugest you use a reveres slider for the first three notes or that you just use a 5 note burst. what

I'm just going to stop here since the map is long af and it's kinda getting boring, being pretty bland here.
    The map in general lacks a lot in areas such as structure and flow, both of these are almost non-existent in the map and seem ignored simply due to the fact that it's deathmetal (correct me if im wrong it just feels that way to me). Not because it's deathmetal, but because I like older maps a lot. Like 2011-2013.
    NC'ing needs a lot of improvement, you seem to be NC'ing to patterns instead of the song.
    Streams and patterns also needs more variations, i never see you use any curved streams for those buildups at all for the first half of the map I like consistency in these things
    I recommend reworking and relooking over every single stream used in this song and looking for any DS errors, they look really really inconsistent at many parts and it's unrankable as it is now if not fixed. that's just a thing that happens on stream maps because scaling and rotating rounds stuff, pretty sure i've seen it on ranked maps too, will look and remake streams later if I see something big.

btw that headphone comment was serious, at least two of those overmaps were really audible

gl

big thanks
_Meep_

hohol454 wrote:

meep

_Meep_ wrote:

General

Metadata

1. 00:06:713 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - spacing here could be improved, atm it looks like they were just handmapped and placed there without any context, you could make it have better visual spacing by just copy pasting 00:06:713 (1,2,3) - and bringing the copypasted 3 (and the 1 and 2) to overlap onto 00:06:713 (1) - , it works since they have similar sounds. y there was an error
  2. 00:09:341 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - why do these have claps? 00:06:713 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this part doesn't have it at all. the hitsounding should stay consistent since the song hasn't changed much at all. another synth comes in here
  3. 00:19:852 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - idk, this part has such a high intensity compared to the one behind, yet you're still using these triangles that are small in size and make the player move very little. They don't really emphasise anything in the song imo, should be bigger the intensity was expressed by the change in rhythm to a singletap pattern, but y bigger is better
  4. 00:21:092 - theres a drum sound here, its best to follow rhythm than to continue making the triangle patterns. added kickslider
  5. 00:22:041 (4) - why is there a pause here? You should be mapping to the guitar that you have been mapping to since the beginning of this part. The blastbeats stopping is way too significant to continue mapping like I have before, pause is better
  6. 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3) - The mapping here feels very awkward. As the music changes, hitsound usage also changes, yet the notes still play the same as they always do (structure wise) I think you should use MUCH more space to emphasise certain notes and use much more creative patterns to indicate difference in music. the way this plays is very much different from the patterns before. idk what to say really
  7. 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - highlight all these and you'll see how much you cramped up in one small area. Try to use more space as I said earlier 00:25:983 (1,2,3,4,5) - is a repeat of 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5) - ,that's why it's copypasted and uses the same area
  8. 00:27:735 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - I recommend you use Ctrl+shift+D to make the spiral here since I can easily tell it's handmapped it's because of the guitar stuff in the background, if it was just drums I would do this but the guitar kinda lends itself to what I have imo
  9. 00:29:925 (7) - 00:33:428 (7) - why is there no direction change here when there is a direction change on 00:31:676 (1) - ? Be more consistent in your direction changes because 00:31:238 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - is a lot more noticable musically, still the rest of the stream isn't so i just made the curve smaller and changed spacing for 00:31:676 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -
  10. 00:34:742 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This shouldnt differ much in spacing since the guitar pitch doesn't change as much as from 00:34:304 (1,2,3) - to 00:34:742 (1,2,3) - It does change still even if not as much and it's a lot more natural to play if the spacing increase continues the smae.
  11. 00:37:808 (1) - 00:38:684 (1) - there shouldnt be direction changes here, the music doesn't change at all. cymbals and the guitar melody
  12. 00:44:815 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - feels like you're just placing triangles... just because the song says so. I really hope you try and map to the guitar and its pitch because thats the only thing that changes quite a lot here. This part is kinda groovy, that's why the spacing doesn't change much
  13. 00:47:443 (6,7,8,1) - why doesn 6-7 have the same spacing as 8-1 when 1 has a much louder sound? I don't see why they should all be emphasised in the same way. there should be spacing emphasis on things like this. fixed spacing error
  14. 00:48:319 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - you can see once you highlight, that there are inconsistencies in the pattern. because the spacing changes, it's impossible to make it a grid, moved last row a bit stil
  15. 01:09:414 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - you should be using DS on parts like these, it's clearly handmapped and it looks bad since the spacing between each note isnt consistent. pretty sure this wasn't handmapped, just rounding errors from rotating and scaling it, remade it
  16. 01:19:122 (7,8,9) - the turn here is really sharp here, it'll be hard on the player so curve it a bit more i don't see it
  17. 01:24:943 (2,3,4,5) - as veridian said, this is really too hard on the player because of the spacing decrease, you shouldn't expect the player to know the song beforehand and expect them to hit this like it's nothing, they'll have to depend on your patterning and your usage of rhythm to figure out what comes next. as I said, nobody had trouble with it.
  18. 01:39:414 (5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - this too, use Distance Snap please. it is distance snapped, 1 pixel rounding errors don't really matter
  19. 02:25:150 (4) - stack this ontop 02:25:436 (1) - , there isn't any reason to put it so far away. stack would be hard to read but made the spacing way lower
  20. 02:31:864 (3) - I think this should be NC'd, up to you. could be, i think it's better to read without
  21. 02:37:007 (1,2,3) - it'd be much better visually if you were more consistent with your slider shape usage, using different kinds of curves in one single combo makes it awkward since there isnt much things going on that are different, slider shapes should be used to indicate different kinds of sounds, so using different kinds of curves makes it feel awkward. i wouldn't call it a different kind of curve lol, it's very minute. fixed
  22. 02:39:150 (7) - here as well, shouldnt the direction be changed? could be but the direction change after is mapped to the backing guitar
  23. 02:46:007 - 02:46:293 - missing notes here, you've been mapping to the guitar a whole lot and its weird to just ignore it like that. y but this whole section focuses mainly on vocals
  24. 02:57:578 (4) - this should be NC'd. done
  25. 03:04:436 (6) - NC this. k
  26. 03:05:293 - I don't think theres any ned to increase and decrease SVs so much here, there isn't even any music changes, only these instruments. It's really unecessary the snares are quite prominent here
  27. 03:27:864 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - this is just really taxing on the player, making them get used to such different speeds in such a small amt. of time is pretty hard on them, i suggest you reduce the spacing on 03:27:864 (1,2,3,4) - Not taxing but slightly unfitting
  28. 03:35:293 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - there isnt really any flow in these jumps, and i feel like they've just been handplaced just because the song calls for jumps here, i recommend u add some structure or pattern to the jumps. y the last 2 jumps have pretty bad flow, changed
  29. 03:37:007 (5,6,3,4) - these kinds of sliders are bad since slider leniency allows players to jump to each slider with ease, making them emphasise nothing at all. Space them out more and use a different pattern. changed the second one, first one really has only the second guitar which is quiet
  30. 03:42:150 - why is this not Kiai? It's pretty intense in comparison to 03:14:721 - . could be
  31. 03:59:293 (2) - NC this. It's a new sound ok
  32. 04:00:007 - 04:00:864 - why there no note here? You could have mapped to the vocals instead of just mapping solely to the drums those sound a bit like mistakes by the guitarist
  33. 04:05:578 (2,3) - these should be notes. I like the sliders to make 04:06:150 (4,5) - more impactful
  34. 04:06:150 (4) - NC done
  35. 04:08:721 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this pattern is very annoying for players since it doesn't scale in spacing in any way or play to the music like 03:13:864 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - , i really suggest you change this to something like what u did 03:13:864 - does change the spacing but apparently not enough
  36. 04:09:578 - Shouldnt the kiai start here? thats where the chorus starts that it should
  37. 04:21:578 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - now this one is just bad compared to the others, the 4-1 overlaps make it very uncomfortable to play and its just not right, try to use curves more since all i've been seeing are straight lines in these buildups to the choruses didn't see anyone have trouble with it
  38. 04:58:436 (2,3) - why do parts like these have clap hs while 05:07:007 (2,3) - don't? keep HSing consistent. because the claps are to the electric guitar, not acoustic
  39. 06:05:864 (6) - overmapped, delete. get better headphones/loudspeakers
  40. 06:09:293 (4) - ^^
  41. 06:10:721 (2) - ^cmon this is clearly audible
  42. 06:13:007 (3,4,5) - make this slider -> circle -> slider -> circle -> slider instead, it plays much better and allows 06:13:864 - to be clickable. oh yeah that is way better
  43. 06:27:864 (5,6) - can u at least ctrl+G instead of making new sliders XD i can tell the difference i didn't tho idk how did it happen
  44. 06:40:721 (5) - NC, different sound as before. k
  46. 07:11:007 (1) - this is unrankable, it doesn't have a clear path at all and is impossible to predict where the sliderball will go. will wait until BN mod, I still faintly believe that it could be rankable because in it's readable in practice.
  47. 07:13:865 (1,1,1) - why is the direction changing so much here when there isn't any changes in the music? there is tho
  52. 07:53:578 (5) - ^ done all
  53. 08:08:436 (1,3) - swap the NCs, don't break your NC patterning. idk, the music changes and the pattern looks bad with swapped NCs
  54. 08:19:578 (2) - overmapped, delete. not overmapped
  55. 08:22:150 (1,3) - same as before, swap NC same
  56. 08:33:007 (3,5) - delete as well, overmapped. not overmapped
  57. 09:20:007 (2,3,4,5,6) - this is almost impossible to hit, i highly sugest you use a reveres slider for the first three notes or that you just use a 5 note burst. what

The map in general lacks a lot in areas such as structure and flow, both of these are almost non-existent in the map and seem ignored simply due to the fact that it's deathmetal (correct me if im wrong it just feels that way to me). Not because it's deathmetal, but because I like older maps a lot. Like 2011-2013.
    Streams and patterns also needs more variations, i never see you use any curved streams for those buildups at all for the first half of the map I like consistency in these things
    I recommend reworking and relooking over every single stream used in this song and looking for any DS errors, they look really really inconsistent at many parts and it's unrankable as it is now if not fixed. that's just a thing that happens on stream maps because scaling and rotating rounds stuff, pretty sure i've seen it on ranked maps too, will look and remake streams later if I see something big.

[/color]
    gl

big thanks
delete the notes and hear for yourself, there aint any sound there at all. (overmap issues)
I don't think it's about consistency at all here, it's more of variety and making things fun, instead the map is pretty bland and nothing much changes imo
Also, ranked maps barely have any DS issues while yours does, it's really obvious and shouldnt be used as an excuse
edit: where my kds
Topic Starter
hohol454
06:05:864 (6) - cymbal, some guitar sound
06:09:293 (4) - cymbal nearly inauldible here but it's there, guitar thing
06:10:721 (2) - cymbal
08:19:578 (2) - guitar, cymbal
08:33:293 (5) - guitar, cymbal

I think all of those those are hi-hats, but I'm not a drummer

idk if we were talking about the same thing with the DS stuff but really I just opened promethean kings look at 20 seconds at random and found this so yeah it happens in ranked maps too(no it's not intentional here)
do clarify if you meant something different

sorry about kds forgot
_Meep_
07:11:007 (1) - this one being readable in practice doesnt mean its readable to anyone else who played it. its breaking the RC
04:21:578 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - people don't necessarily have to show you that they have trouble, don't base things off testplays. I'm talking about consistency with other streams here, and it's not there.
04:17:150 (13,14,1) - these are the kind of things that happen when you don't have DS on, and this is very obvious
07:14:151 (1,1) - what is changing here? ._. hear the music, there isnt anything at all that will tell you to change direction unlike 07:16:436 (1) -
07:31:865 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - this isnt replied to lol, not sure if u noticed
most of the overmaps are mostly your im
01:24:669 (1,2,3,4,5) - Like I said, don't base things off testplays.
02:45:578 (1,2,3,4) - the transition from guitar -> vocal is really hard to tell, be clear in what you're mapping and make it obvious for players to know what they're playing to.
00:48:319 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10639644 i dont think u even tried to fix it ._.
00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - highlight all these and you'll see how much you cramped up in one small area. Try to use more space as I said earlier 00:25:983 (1,2,3,4,5) - is a repeat of 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5) - ,that's why it's copypasted and uses the same area then the other notes?
00:09:341 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - if you still want to keep the clap sounds, get some new hitsounds, the current one doesn't fit at all

hohol454 wrote:

06:05:864 (6) - cymbal, some guitar sound listen at 25%, the cymbal sound doesn't even land on the 6 note, it lands earlier than that, there isnt any guitar either.
06:09:293 (4) - cymbal nearly inauldible here but it's there, guitar thing then why are 06:15:864 - and 06:16:150 - not mapped? They have the exact same sound. cymbal isnt there on 06:09:293 (4) -
06:10:721 (2) - cymbal You're mapping mainly to the drums cuz 98% of all notes in this small section are focused on the drums, there shouldnt be a need to wander off and map the cymbals
08:19:578 (2) - guitar, cymbal then why is there no note on 08:19:293 - ? same thing, guitar, cymbal.
08:33:293 (5) - guitar, cymbal 08:33:007 (3,5) - forgot to add another note, but yea these two dont have anything on them. even the guitar doesnt land correctly on them

idk if we were talking about the same thing with the DS stuff but really I just opened promethean kings look at 20 seconds at random and found this so yeah it happens in ranked maps too(no it's not intentional here)
I said barely, I never said they didnt have any, if u read
sorry about kds forgot
Topic Starter
hohol454
can we end?

_Meep_ wrote:

07:11:007 (1) - this one being readable in practice doesnt mean its readable to anyone else who played it. its breaking the RC can't argue that RC is pretty clear on this. I'll just settle for another circle. It was playable though, for the people the map was meant for
04:21:578 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - people don't necessarily have to show you that they have trouble, don't base things off testplays. I'm talking about consistency with other streams here, and it's not there. it's just small variety, doesn't affect how you play it and its not noticable on skins with out transparent circle. Also why didn't you say anything about this one 03:13:864 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - it's the same thing, so it's not even inconsistent.
04:17:150 (13,14,1) - these are the kind of things that happen when you don't have DS on, and this is very obvious but this one was intentional, maybe the lowered SV on the next slider could have helped you decipher that
07:14:151 (1,1) - what is changing here? ._. hear the music, there isnt anything at all that will tell you to change direction unlike 07:16:436 (1) - seriously how can I reply to this when you clearly cannot hear stuff that is there for everyone else, guitar plays in the background. As I said either get new sound equipment or go to an ear doctor.
07:31:865 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - this isnt replied to lol, not sure if u noticed
most of the overmaps are mostly your im honestly missed this point but the jumps are to the guitar which you clearly cannot hear
01:24:669 (1,2,3,4,5) - Like I said, don't base things off testplays. should I base things off (no offence) 20k touchscreen players? Mithew suggested this, you know, a person who can actually play it
02:45:578 (1,2,3,4) - the transition from guitar -> vocal is really hard to tell, be clear in what you're mapping and make it obvious for players to know what they're playing to. this isn't an anime opening. It has so many layers, I switch between instruments and vocals quite often to try to capture what I feel is the most important/plays the best at that moment. Mapping the guitar wouldn't play that well either and it would ignore the most important thing. [/color]
00:48:319 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10639644 i dont think u even tried to fix it ._. because the DS CHANGES holy shit , ofc if you keep it the same it makes a grid, have you noticed that 00:44:815 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - and 00:51:822 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - also have DS variation between the triples?
00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - highlight all these and you'll see how much you cramped up in one small area. Try to use more space as I said earlier 00:25:983 (1,2,3,4,5) - is a repeat of 00:25:107 (1,2,3,4,5) - ,that's why it's copypasted and uses the same area then the other notes? idk they just went there because the spacing fits, i don't see how it matters that 2
bars of the map occupy the same space because they are vertical jumps

00:09:341 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - if you still want to keep the clap sounds, get some new hitsounds, the current one doesn't fit at all I mean its the default soft clap on a part that has default hitsounds, so it fits with the rest of the hitsounds. It not fitting with the song is subjective and honestly I find most hitsounds unfitting, so I don't care. If someone else has a problem with it i'll change it

hohol454 wrote:

06:05:864 (6) - cymbal, some guitar sound listen at 25%, the cymbal sound doesn't even land on the 6 note, it lands earlier than that, there isnt any guitar either. there is a guitar sound that is slightly off time, the cymbal is on time
06:09:293 (4) - cymbal nearly inauldible here but it's there, guitar thing then why are 06:15:864 - and 06:16:150 - not mapped? They have the exact same sound. cymbal isnt there on 06:09:293 (4) - yeah its not a hi-hat there it's some crash or something. The guitar isn't mapped because I map they are between two sections so a pause makes sense, also the guitar isn't really on any not exactly
06:10:721 (2) - cymbal You're mapping mainly to the drums cuz 98% of all notes in this small section are focused on the drums, there shouldnt be a need to wander off and map the cymbals you know I originally didn't have these mapped, but mitthew suggested that it would be less boring if I filled this slow part with more objects, which I think is a good idea. I also don't map to the drums, most of it is a combination of guitar and vocals
08:19:578 (2) - guitar, cymbal then why is there no note on 08:19:293 - ? same thing, guitar, cymbal. Kinda wanted to add one there, but after listening to the instrumental like 10 times it makes more sense to me with the break. close call though
08:33:293 (5) - guitar, cymbal 08:33:007 (3,5) - forgot to add another note, but yea these two dont have anything on them. even the guitar doesnt land correctly on them it does

https://aether-realm.bandcamp.com/album ... strumental take a listen to this, the vocals and the chorus is removed so it's a lot easier to hear those notes, you should hear it

I said barely, I never said they didnt have any, if u read and I said it more common than you think, but I think that you just didn't see the intentional DS changes and think they are mistakes. In that case, yes. If you think an intentional DS change is a mistake then you'll see a lot of them.
sorry about kds forgot

https://aether-realm.bandcamp.com/album ... strumental this really helps if you see overmaps
show more