forum

Warning players that unknowingly play converted maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,824
show more
Stefan
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
HomieLove
take all of my votes
Weber
yeah

galo sengen
Yuzeyun
10 print "FUCKING YES"
20 goto 10
Feerum
It's an interesting idea.
While i'm not completelly against converts, a hint that game mode specific beatmap exist is really good.
Kamikaze
Very good idea, supporting.
I would love to have pp on them disabled as well but we can't all be winners
Misieuroo
Great idea.

Just like loved/qualified maps, we should also think about disabling (or at least nerfing) pp on converts, especially given the fact that the current highest pp play on taiko is a ridiculous 700+pp on a convert, while 500pp plays on regular taiko maps are way harder to achieve.
Grimbow
I'd dump all my stars for removing pp from converts entirely + a warning like this but this is a great first step so I'll drop a couple in! :oops:
Ideal
yes please
Ak1o
Even though I haven't got much to give, please have my votes for this suggestion.
Genjuro
Thats a good idea actually!
Raveille
chucking my stars for this
Loctav
apart of you saying "osu!standard", which tilts me, I support this idea
Topic Starter
Byza

Loctav wrote:

apart of you saying "osu!standard", which tilts me, I support this idea
Probably just "osu!" is the correct denomination. :P

Thanks for your support!
Monstrata
Good idea. I think the message should be toggleable though so once you know you're playing converts you can just disable the message in Options or something. I can imagine it getting annoying if you plan to play a lot of ctb converts since some of them do convert quite well.
Raiden

Monstrata wrote:

Good idea. I think the message should be toggleable though so once you know you're playing converts you can just disable the message in Options or something. I can imagine it getting annoying if you plan to play a lot of ctb converts since some of them do convert quite well.

Thanks for the support :D
Surono
yae, for common ppl.
Vanilla
but like why tf who needs that
Topic Starter
Byza

- Vanilla - wrote:

but like why tf who needs that

New players. And we need new players.

Sounds about right.
Broly
ok i like this
huu
What about osu!catch though?
Topic Starter
Byza

huu wrote:

What about osu!catch though?
I am not a ctb player. I have asked some friends I know and they all say "converts are fine" "there arent many mode-specific maps" "most people just play converts"...

Honestly I don't know, and if actual ctb players made some points for and against adding this for ctb, it would be the best thing.
My Angel Koishi
NICE IDEA
xtrem3x

Surono wrote:

yae, for common ppl.
yae, for suro ppl
**runs**

This feature already existed, but it was rare that it disappeared (it appeared when you played a specific map of taiko or CTB, yes, a long time ago)
Pawsu
holy shit these stars
Kondou-Shinichi
what the fuck the stars
and it isnt even a week
Kuro
An excellent idea, take my stars! +40
Faustas156
1,4k stars in 2-3 days i'm not sure what type of spells you guys use
Kimitakari

Master_chan wrote:

Converted CtB maps also sucks, not so much as mania however.
You can also search "mode=mania" or "mode=taiko", that removes all converted maps from the list.
I don't think it needs to
Topic Starter
Byza
1500 stars in 24h

Thanks for the overwhelming support! c:
Tyistiana

Byza wrote:

New players can’t possibly know that there are specifically designed beatmaps for every gamemode and they usually get the wrong impression from a certain game mode by playing automatically converted beatmaps that do not reflect the actual gameplay of the mode: they can be boring and repetitive and they don’t meet the quality standards from mode-specific maps.

We have found people commenting on social media about osu!taiko and osu!mania, negatively reviewing our game. Opinions like “osu!taiko maps have weird notes, like they don’t belong” “Every note is red”, etc. This happened in a Taiko no Tatsujin environment, in particular. This moved us to do something and we came up with this idea.
So , I guess that the mapping style of osu!catch (converted) and osu!catch is different too.
Even osu!catch converted is not bad or maybe it's better than osu!taiko converted and osu!maina converted.

A technique for osu!catch have a difference to the converted map too. Like CS , AR only 0.5 CS change cause a different technique to play.

So I think that osu!catch should have this feature too. (If possible)
To not make a beginner player get the wrong impression.

PS. I'm out of star to shoot on this best request ever ;;w;;
mulraf
don't you dare saying osu!catch converts are on similar standards to native maps D:
completely agree with this, take my stars
Arrival
really hoping this will get pushed forward
Nitrous
Some Standard maps convert well to Catch the Beat, some are just plain too easy. Taiko and Mania don't convert well at all. For the sake of consistency and generalization, we should just let all modes have this warning.
Goost
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE ALL MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Shawdooow
Good thing converts are just disabled in lazer!
Topic Starter
Byza

Shawdooow wrote:

Good thing converts are just disabled in lazer!
"so far" they are disabled.
Rizevim
Whoa this is nice :D
Larc
nice idea
Jaye
Next up, warning players that converted maps don't award pp

B^)
show more