forum

Is the Huion 420 a good tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
I currently use a mouse and just want to try a tablet out. The H420 is supposedly a good tablet for playing osu and it is very cheap. Has anyone here used it and can speak about its quality?
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
Also can anyone tell me about the XP-Pen G430
Yurumo
I posted this on a similar thread:

I have the Huion420 and I can say that It's a somewhat decent tablet for osu!
Since I'm left handed, I rest my hand on the buttons while playing, so our play style and w/e may differ.

The 3 buttons are for switching profiles, though they can be reprogrammed through the PenTableDriver that you'll need to download.
The Huion420 uses a triple A battery which makes the pen pretty heavy compared to something like the CTL-480's that I tried out at a friend's

Oh, and the hover distance is about 1.5 CM or roughly 0.6 inches, and that makes hovering so much more difficult.
If you're a "high roller" this tablet is going to take a lot of getting used to. If you're a down-to-earth person, the hover distance won't be a problem.
SlowLogicBoy
I use XP-Pen G430 and I love it, and I will buy the same one if this one breaks (no signs of breaking though so far).

Previously played with Wacom CTL-480 (wasn't mine).

G430 is about half of CTL-480 play area.

Pen is basically a tiny bit smaller and lighter then CTL-480, of course feels way cheaper but way sturdier then I thought.
Comes with 10 replacement nibs, where CTL-480 only comes with I think 4, and since I'm a dragger I already changed 2 on xp-pen.
Hovering distance is smaller compared to CTL-480 (and will be smaller compared to HUION that's a downside of not having batteries).
Since tablet itself is lower then Wacom one, it feels that I'm drawing on a table, and I don't need to hold my wrist that high.

Haven't tried HUION tablets though. But I can confidently say that ether one you buy you will love it. And I bet the ones who are using HUION tablet are loveing them.

I myself bought XP-Pen instead of huion only because pen doesn't require batteries and is lighter and I was used to wacom pen, so it's a matter of preference if you like heavier and bigger pen or smaller and lighter.
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
I ended up buying the XP-Pen G430. After a day I'm almost back to where I was with the mouse, just gotta sort out some small misses due to lack of practice with the tablet.
Rynnavinx
Just a note for the xp pen:

The drivers show an incorrect tablet size, so u gonna need to do some algebra to figure out what size on the drivers will give you the irl size you want with the correct proportions.

Other than that, it's a pretty good tablet.
Teh Kotak_old
Tablet lul
KupcaH

Teh Kotak wrote:

Tablet lul
And what's wrong with tablet? lul
xcesargodx
nice tablet