forum

OT!News #16

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tae

DJ Enetro wrote:

Ok, I know my question shouldn't be asked if you have common sense, but it was still a question.
You guys did not have to fuel the fire at all. (My thread)
It's not August 2nd, shouldn't you still be self-silenced?
DJ Enetro
Well I decided to start hanging out more in the Beatmaps forum to give a better quality incentive
But to answer your question, I broke off early. Posting in OT shouldn't rise too high though
Tae

DJ Enetro wrote:

Well I decided to start hanging out more in the Beatmaps forum to give a better quality incentive
But to answer your question, I broke off early. Posting in OT shouldn't rise too high though
There isn't any point in continuing with your first map, I hate to break it to you.
Map something new, something like that isn't going to end well for a new mapper - there's a reason so many people map anime, you know.
DJ Enetro
Well you did go off topic from what I was saying... but I'll humor you anyways

I already started a new 3 standard/5 taiko BM with this song:

And also, planning a 3 standard/3 catch BM for this one here.

really though, I started these shortly after talking with Endaris about modifying one BM at a time locally. I mean yes it's good to have multiple BM projects but what I'm saying is not to have too much at once so as not to lag.

And of course, many people like anime, which is why there's a lot. But I still prefer to map songs that I like instead of requesting BMs - at least I have sense to be aware of that.
Tae

DJ Enetro wrote:

And of course, many people like anime, which is why there's a lot. But I still prefer to map songs that I like instead of requesting BMs - at least I have sense to be aware of that.
There's also the fact that anime is easy to time, and generally follows basic 1/4 rhythms, making it an ideal start for a newer mapper.
You're not going to get anywhere by starting off with this sort of stuff, it's way too complex. May I suggest a pishifat video?

How would multiple beatmaps even make you lag...?
DJ Enetro

Tae wrote:

There's also the fact that anime is easy to time, and generally follows basic 1/4 rhythms, making it an ideal start for a newer mapper.
You're not going to get anywhere by starting off with this sort of stuff, it's way too complex. May I suggest a pishifat video?

How would multiple beatmaps even make you lag...?
part.ignore(1) bc what you are saying is true

The second song I posted is slow and 1/4. But as for the first one, I listened to it quite a lot before I came on osu and also I took band for 3.5 years, making me knowledgeable on triplets and 16th notes. I'm better prepared to take criticism now, so... (None of the songs I posted have any tempo changes, so I'm not going too far yet)

I just googled "pishifat video" and now I'm thinking they seem good. I'll check his series out, but really though I'm not gonna marathon watch.

As for your last question, I'm talking about storage, but BMs are like what, 5-15MB in size...? Probably even less with video
Foxtrot

DJ Enetro wrote:

Nonetheless it is still valid. Though I can't say that it's an opinion, and I can't prove you wrong.

Do you want me to shut up now?

Yes, new page, but they always come on the like y=15x+1 x>0 where y = page number marking new page.

dude, what
Tae

DJ Enetro wrote:

part.ignore(1) bc what you are saying is true
Right, please stop with this pseudo-code stuff, it pisses me off.

DJ Enetro wrote:

The second song I posted is slow and 1/4. But as for the first one, I listened to it quite a lot before I came on osu and also I took band for 3.5 years, making me knowledgeable on triplets and 16th notes. I'm better prepared to take criticism now, so... (None of the songs I posted have any tempo changes, so I'm not going too far yet)
That won't convert well though. Rhythm is one thing, visuals are another.

DJ Enetro wrote:

As for your last question, I'm talking about storage, but BMs are like what, 5-15MB in size...? Probably even less with video
Probably, why don't you just delete other beatmaps though?
DJ Enetro

Tae wrote:

Right, please stop with this pseudo-code stuff, it pisses me off.
*smh* you piss yourself off, not me. But I will

Tae wrote:

That won't convert well though. Rhythm is one thing, visuals are another.
Are you talking about sliderart, beat spacing/jumps, that kind of stuff?

Tae wrote:

Probably, why don't you just delete other beatmaps though?
I could but I like all my playing BMs to be ready. If not, I'll have to stumble upon it again somehow lmao
Serraionga
kai99

Serraionga wrote:

same, serrai. same. i need some spaghetti with bolognese sauce.
Ryoid

kai99 wrote:

Serraionga wrote:

same, serrai. same. i need some spaghetti with bolognese sauce.
DJ Enetro
Hello Ryoid how is OT for you since you've been here for a while already?
Ryoid
great
I think i be staying here for a while
Adorn
thanks for the information you really caught me up to date
Topic Starter
johnmedina999

Flannel wrote:

thanks for the information you really caught me up to date
Thank you for reading this week's news! We'll have another informative post up in a few days, so look forward to it!
Tae

johnmedina999 wrote:

this week's news
But this is issue #16.
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
DJ Enetro
Well the latest hasn't been pinned.

But it doesn't really have to if it's THAT bad...

But people are drawn to pinned topics like metal to a magnet.
Tae

DJ Enetro wrote:

But people are drawn to pinned topics like metal to a magnet.
Just like you're drawn to being an attention seeker wherever and whenever you can.
kai99

johnmedina999 wrote:

this made my day thank you
abraker

kai99 wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

lmao
Blitzfrog

kai99 wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

What were Johnny's dots when you was typing this.............. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :?: :!: :!:
DJ Enetro
Proposal to revive the OT Royal Society of Quality, so that people like me can see the light and change their ways
Ryoid
OT royal? Society? Of quality?
DJ Enetro
This thread.
abraker

DJ Enetro wrote:

Proposal to revive the OT Royal Society of Quality, so that people like me can see the light and change their ways
Great! Should I start processing your membership?
DJ Enetro
Sure! But don't make me a full member until 6 months have passed, as i am not fully capable of an ideal OT!quality member yet.