forum

[Archived] osu! not submitting scores on certain maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
krayzpenguin
Whenever I would play a normal map, osu! would be perfectly fine and will submit the score as usual. However, some maps would glitch:

• -Scorebar decides to drain itself after completing song
    -Fail screen may show up (sometimes, nothing happens at all)
    -Score doesn't submit at all

I'm not sure what the problem is, might be something with my laptop, or just an osu! bug. I'd really like to know if I can fix this (redownloading hasn't worked)

(I tried getting footage, but osu! gets very laggy whenever I try to record/screenshot, leading to me not be able to get anything I need)
I'm sorry if this has been resolved before, and I'm just creating useless spam by not looking further

[08/07/17] Edited post a bit.

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Alot
does this happen to all maps that are under 1 mins? Or is it just one particular map? It could just be a problem with that beat map.
Topic Starter
krayzpenguin

darkcl wrote:

does this happen to all maps that are under 1 mins? Or is it just one particular map? It could just be a problem with that beat map.
I'm currently still trying to look further into this. Currently it's only one map, but I remember a few from a few months ago with the same problem. I'll update this after I confirm it with all my maps
Venix
Are you sure these maps are ranked?
Topic Starter
krayzpenguin

Venix wrote:

Are you sure these maps are ranked?

Yes, all maps that I currently have are all ranked/loved maps.
Venix
Try to restart router/modem, renew IP, release IP, flush DNS
Nathanael
Scorebar decides to drain itself... Something like t/145370 ?
Dntm8kmeeatu
What map for sure has this issue? 2b maps cause this behaviour, but those are unranked and gimmick maps. If it's a ranked actual map causing this issue, it's most likely because the last note of the song is extremely close to the end of the .mp3 file, and if you have a Universal or Local offset set, is pushing the timing points past the end of the mp3, which when it hits that point (at the very end) osu! hasn't a clue what to do, and fails.

Please provide the map, and also check to see if you have an offset set, if you do, change it to 0 and see if it still happens.
Topic Starter
krayzpenguin
The map that this keeps happening is this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/37914
I have tested all difficulties including the Taiko, all with an offset of 0. Same results, even with No Fail

There's no lag at all. I did however do a test:

-Went into the editor
-Shortened the slider
-Tested the maps again

Like what @Dntm8kmeeatu said, it's most likely due to the slider being close to the end. However, I would like to know if I can fix this problem without having to play an unranked map, as the problem still remains in the latest version.
Dntm8kmeeatu
The map shouldn't fail unless there is an offset.

Did you accidentally set a local offset? (Hit the + and - Keys when playing that map)
Topic Starter
krayzpenguin

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

The map shouldn't fail unless there is an offset.

Did you accidentally set a local offset? (Hit the + and - Keys when playing that map)

When I checked last night, the offset of all the maps were at 0. I didn't do anything to change the maps at all
Dntm8kmeeatu
Are you 100% you checked it? Both Universal Offset in the options menu, and Local offset + and - while playing the map?

Just because you *think* you didn't change it, doesn't mean you didn't actually.

I need to be 100% sure you didn't.
Topic Starter
krayzpenguin

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Are you 100% you checked it? Both Universal Offset in the options menu, and Local offset + and - while playing the map?

Just because you *think* you didn't change it, doesn't mean you didn't actually.

I need to be 100% sure you didn't.
I had never touched or changed anything with the Universal Settings, as I usually leave technical stuff out. I did try changing it and replayed the maps with an UO of 4, and it was playing as normal, no random failing. I can't find the exact number, but from testing, an UO of about -60ms and up works fine.

(Sorry for making a whole post about this when I could have checked settings myself, instead of creating useless spam)
Dntm8kmeeatu
You shouldn't have to set a UO is the thing, it should work fine at 0. Unless your PC has some timing calculation issues.
Topic Starter
krayzpenguin

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

You shouldn't have to set a UO is the thing, it should work fine at 0. Unless your PC has some timing calculation issues.

I've never really tried looking into technical things, but that may be the case