forum

Oresama - Wonder Drive

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KiriShenpai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 14 March 2021 at 01:07:22

Artist: Oresama
Title: Wonder Drive
Source: Alice To Zouroku
Tags: anime alice to zouroku TV size
BPM: 160
Filesize: 2252kb
Play Time: 01:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Alice's Dream (5.01 stars, 348 notes)
  2. Easy (1.34 stars, 72 notes)
  3. Hard (2.61 stars, 214 notes)
  4. Insane (4.21 stars, 332 notes)
  5. Normal (1.98 stars, 103 notes)
Download: Oresama - Wonder Drive
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap, so I don't know a lot about mapping, that's why I'll need A LOT of suggestions and improvements. ("alice's dream" difficulty not finished) Would also appreciate tips on how to map hitsounds.
CypherConjured
This will be my first attempt at modding a map. Hopefully, you are still looking for feedback.

So firstly, your timing is pretty off on all difficulties and the map doesn't flow well. This stands out especially with the slider at 00:37:901(4) on easy.
Here's how you fix this:
  • 1) Go into the editor and click on the timing tab/panel below the menu.
    2) IMPORTANT, uncheck the circle that says "Move placed notes when adjusting bpm/offset"
    3) Change the bpm to 160.000 and your offset to 453. (you can tell this is correct because the metronome clicking is to the beat of the song.)
    4) Now click on the timing menu at the top (not the tab) and choose "resnap all notes".
    5) Go to the Compose tab and slow the song down by moving the slider in the lower right.
    6) Go through the song and make sure the notes are where you want them and timed properly in the top panel.
    7) Prioritize placing notes on the lines in this order: Long white -> Short white -> Red -> Blue. (This is more important with drums and less with vocals.)
    8) After you have fine tuned the notes, hit stop and test to make sure it flows well when playing it.
    9) Once you are done with one difficulty move onto the next following the same steps.
The timing settings should be the same with all difficulties. After you update, I will take another look at it, but for now, you have a lot of work to do.
Topic Starter
KiriShenpai

CypherConjured wrote:

This will be my first attempt at modding a map. Hopefully, you are still looking for feedback.

So firstly, your timing is pretty off on all difficulties and the map doesn't flow well. This stands out especially with the slider at 00:37:901(4) on easy.
Here's how you fix this:
  • 1) Go into the editor and click on the timing tab/panel below the menu.
    2) IMPORTANT, uncheck the circle that says "Move placed notes when adjusting bpm/offset"
    3) Change the bpm to 160.000 and your offset to 453. (you can tell this is correct because the metronome clicking is to the beat of the song.)
    4) Now click on the timing menu at the top (not the tab) and choose "resnap all notes".
    5) Go to the Compose tab and slow the song down by moving the slider in the lower right.
    6) Go through the song and make sure the notes are where you want them and timed properly in the top panel.
    7) Prioritize placing notes on the lines in this order: Long white -> Short white -> Red -> Blue. (This is more important with drums and less with vocals.)
    8) After you have fine tuned the notes, hit stop and test to make sure it flows well when playing it.
    9) Once you are done with one difficulty move onto the next following the same steps.
The timing settings should be the same with all difficulties. After you update, I will take another look at it, but for now, you have a lot of work to do.
Finally had time to edit my map, I think I did this correctly, what now?
CypherConjured
Okay, so I gave easy and normal a quick playthrough and it feels a lot better. Good Job! I couldn't get through hard yet, but I will give it a try when I'm feeling less tired.

Overall, nothing bad stands out to me yet, but I think it still needs some work. Easy mode felt a bit off; Normal mode felt okay. I will do a proper mod when I get the time, I just wanted to let you know I got a chance to give it a try.
CypherConjured
Okay, so I did mod a little bit, but I started a new job so I don't think I will be able to finish any time soon. I'm gonna give you what I have for now, but I might come by in a few months to finish it up.

EASY
Your timing is correct, but I would say easy feels very disconnected from the song and it doesn't flow well.
So first hit Ctrl+Shift+A, AI mod is telling you that your notes aren't snapped, so go to Timing and Resnap All Notes.
00:19:952 (1,2,3,4) - Make the slider 1 a half beat shorter and move 2,3,4 a half beat earlier.
00:22:952 (5) - Doesn't fit well with the song.
00:36:452 (1,2,3) - I was going to say something about this, but it looks okay now?
00:43:952 (1,2,3,4) - Okay, so it took me a bit to figure out what was messing me up here. The 2 and 4 notes feel like they come a half beat early.
00:55:951 (1,2,3) - This would line up with the song better if you moved it one beat later.
00:57:451 (1,2,3) - This would line up with the song better if you moved it half a beat earlier.
Those two edits would work better on easy if you combined 3 and 1 into a slider.
01:03:451 (4,5,6,7,8) - Unintuitive to play, the objects are going against the song, and 8 is mistimed.

NORMAL
00:06:453 (1,2,3,4) - I'm not sure what to say about this, but it feels awkward to play. Try to make it follow the music better.
00:15:453 (3) - Move it down a little, for aesthetic reasons.
00:16:953 (1) - Good intro, I like it! The spinner comes naturally
00:19:953 (1) - I would make this a slider to better fit the song.
00:20:515 (2,3,4,5,6) - Make these line up a little better, it's pretty hard to see, especially with (6). It might play better with some sliders.
00:23:515 (8,9) - I would turn this into a double slider as in: (a-ka)(ri-ga) or a circle slider circle as in:(a)(kari)(ga)
01:03:078 (1,2,3,4,5) - Pretty confusing to play, it looks like it should play like triplets but it's not.

TBC?
Topic Starter
KiriShenpai

CypherConjured wrote:

Okay, so I did mod a little bit, but I started a new job so I don't think I will be able to finish any time soon. I'm gonna give you what I have for now, but I might come by in a few months to finish it up.

EASY
Your timing is correct, but I would say easy feels very disconnected from the song and it doesn't flow well.
So first hit Ctrl+Shift+A, AI mod is telling you that your notes aren't snapped, so go to Timing and Resnap All Notes.
00:19:952 (1,2,3,4) - Make the slider 1 a half beat shorter and move 2,3,4 a half beat earlier.
00:22:952 (5) - Doesn't fit well with the song.
00:36:452 (1,2,3) - I was going to say something about this, but it looks okay now?
00:43:952 (1,2,3,4) - Okay, so it took me a bit to figure out what was messing me up here. The 2 and 4 notes feel like they come a half beat early.
00:55:951 (1,2,3) - This would line up with the song better if you moved it one beat later.
00:57:451 (1,2,3) - This would line up with the song better if you moved it half a beat earlier.
Those two edits would work better on easy if you combined 3 and 1 into a slider.
01:03:451 (4,5,6,7,8) - Unintuitive to play, the objects are going against the song, and 8 is mistimed.

NORMAL
00:06:453 (1,2,3,4) - I'm not sure what to say about this, but it feels awkward to play. Try to make it follow the music better.
00:15:453 (3) - Move it down a little, for aesthetic reasons.
00:16:953 (1) - Good intro, I like it! The spinner comes naturally
00:19:953 (1) - I would make this a slider to better fit the song.
00:20:515 (2,3,4,5,6) - Make these line up a little better, it's pretty hard to see, especially with (6). It might play better with some sliders.
00:23:515 (8,9) - I would turn this into a double slider as in: (a-ka)(ri-ga) or a circle slider circle as in:(a)(kari)(ga)
01:03:078 (1,2,3,4,5) - Pretty confusing to play, it looks like it should play like triplets but it's not.

TBC?
TBC.

I did what you told me, and when i looked back at it, hard difficulty was a bit too simple, so i went back and changed it up a bit.
Edit: Insane difficulty finished! Might start adding hitsounds, or even make extra difficulty?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.