Title: Sora ni Utaeba (TV Size)
Source: Boku no Hero Academia Season 2
Tags: Boku no Hero Academia OP 3 Amazarashi
BPM: 204
Filesize: 25207kb
Play Time: 01:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Full Cowl (6.47 stars, 458 notes)
Download: Amazarashi - Sora ni Utaeba (TV Size)
Download: Amazarashi - Sora ni Utaeba (TV Size) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Enjoy!
Hishiro Chizuru
Top diff on request:

00:00:640 - map the vocals?
00:02:846 (4,5) - woah spacing. Cross screen jump without much reason . . .
00:10:199 (3,4) - hard to read
00:05:640 (1,2,3) - I'd move this pattern so it doesn't overlap with 00:04:169 (1) -

00:14:464 (5,3) - I notice these kind of overlaps throughout the whole map. instead of following distance spacing, add more structure to your map with stacks, symmetry and if you want overlaps, consistent ones.

00:17:258 (8,1) - same deal as before, hard to read
00:20:640 (1) - fix the slider, it's not that pretty as it is like sliders used from old mapping
00:20:640 (1,3) - blanket fix as well. Perhaps not so snug would be good
00:21:228 (3,1) - stacks are nice, but be consistent with them with other jumps like this one
00:21:817 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - however this jump pattern is messy. use consistent angles between jumps while not making it needlessly hard to read with these kind of stacks
00:22:993 (1,3) - go for blankets instead. Looks messy
00:25:934 (3,4) - spacing is too small imo compared to the spacing before
00:27:111 (5,6) - not a big fan of these
00:32:405 (1,2) - rhythms like this (this note applies elsewhere as well, but there's too many to point out) aren't really conventional imo. Wasn't comfortable on sightread for me and even on retries after my fingers aren't comfortable click those.
00:33:581 (1) - (this comment will apply throughout your whole map) place your notes so that they don't look messy by overlapping with other notes, in this case 00:32:405 (1,2) - .
00:38:728 (5,6,7,8,9,1) - why the gradual lowering in spacing?
00:41:081 (2,3,4) - this rhythm choice is the one that stuck out the most. why the triple?
00:49:022 (10,1,2,3,4,5,6) - your jumps so far have been sharp angle turns that are conventionally more comfortable play, so why the sudden wide angle jumps?
00:58:287 - your whole kiai was weird to play because your SV is so high and some jumps were very large, making my cursor momentum very fast, but in the middle of fast paced music, you sometimes made patterns that were smaller spacing than the calm parts of the song.

Fundamentally, you need to work on structure and rhythm.
Always make sure every note you place has a reason behind it: why is it on this part of the screen and why is it on this timeline.
I suggest watching some of pishifat's videos on youtube and watching some twitch streams of mappers if you catch any online.

Goodluck on your map
Topic Starter
YelloJello

[ amb1d3x ] wrote:

Top diff on request:

00:00:640 - map the vocals? While they follow the bpm, there's no beat behind them so it feels unnecessary imo
00:02:846 (4,5) - woah spacing. Cross screen jump without much reason . . . Wow, that was bad, fixed
00:10:199 (3,4) - hard to read Fixed
00:05:640 (1,2,3) - I'd move this pattern so it doesn't overlap with 00:04:169 (1) - Fixed

00:14:464 (5,3) - I notice these kind of overlaps throughout the whole map. instead of following distance spacing, add more structure to your map with stacks, symmetry and if you want overlaps, consistent ones. Fixed, will do my best to make this more consistent

00:17:258 (8,1) - same deal as before, hard to read Fixed
00:20:640 (1) - fix the slider, it's not that pretty as it is like sliders used from old mapping Fixed
00:20:640 (1,3) - blanket fix as well. Perhaps not so snug would be good Changed pattern
00:21:228 (3,1) - stacks are nice, but be consistent with them with other jumps like this one Fixed
00:21:817 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - however this jump pattern is messy. use consistent angles between jumps while not making it needlessly hard to read with these kind of stacks Fixed
00:22:993 (1,3) - go for blankets instead. Looks messy Fixed
00:25:934 (3,4) - spacing is too small imo compared to the spacing before Increased spacing
00:27:111 (5,6) - not a big fan of these fixed
00:32:405 (1,2) - rhythms like this (this note applies elsewhere as well, but there's too many to point out) aren't really conventional imo. Wasn't comfortable on sightread for me and even on retries after my fingers aren't comfortable click those. I believe it fine when used in the right scenario, however agree that this isnt one of them, fixed
00:33:581 (1) - (this comment will apply throughout your whole map) place your notes so that they don't look messy by overlapping with other notes, in this case 00:32:405 (1,2) - . Fixed
00:38:728 (5,6,7,8,9,1) - why the gradual lowering in spacing?Fixed(?) might revise this in the future if it still causes problems
00:41:081 (2,3,4) - this rhythm choice is the one that stuck out the most. why the triple? Unnecessary rhythm density, fixed
00:49:022 (10,1,2,3,4,5,6) - your jumps so far have been sharp angle turns that are conventionally more comfortable play, so why the sudden wide angle jumps? Different style of sounds should bring a different style of mapping, reversed selection on 4 and 6 to make the jump between 3 and 4 less extreme
00:58:287 - your whole kiai was weird to play because your SV is so high and some jumps were very large, making my cursor momentum very fast, but in the middle of fast paced music, you sometimes made patterns that were smaller spacing than the calm parts of the song. Since I'm a new mapper it's a little tough for me to notice it without it being pointed out or specifically noted, however I will fix to the best of my ability

Fundamentally, you need to work on structure and rhythm.
Always make sure every note you place has a reason behind it: why is it on this part of the screen and why is it on this timeline.
I suggest watching some of pishifat's videos on youtube and watching some twitch streams of mappers if you catch any online. Started doing it after i had finished this map lol, I think it shows somewhat better on the other map I'm working on, as riddled with imperfections as it probably is

Goodluck on your map
Tyvm!
PotatoJet
hope this helps, I'm not good at playing 6*

Full Cowl
I feel like the timing is wrong, may want to check that out
Title conflicts with other diffs
Countdown conflicts with other diffs
Map exceeds 24MB without video (you definitely need to lower that)

00:17:775 (1,1) imo it would be better if it was the opposite way around. So instead of the right circle first, the left circle needs to be hit first.
00:20:897 (6,7,1) The circles on top of the stream don't feel too comfortable to hit (change if u want)
01:10:601 (4,5,6) The flow here is uncomfortable. Ctrl+G (5) to make it a bit better
01:11:508 (1,2,3) The (2) should be a bit more further than (1). I believe it would be much better if it was in the middle of (1) and (3) or just keep it the same but move (2) more down.
00:06:686 (4,5,6) Not a jump mapper expert but 4 to 6 to 5 would make more sense than how it is now. Right now, it doesn't flow really well. I really think it would be much better if (6) the circle in front of (4) the slider should be hit before circle (5).
00:21:632 (4,5,1) This patterns reminds me of the Maffalda map by Mismagius/Blue Dragon. Don't change it
00:57:281 (10,11,12) do (10,12,11 ) instead. Not as in combo but as in which circle goes first.

That's it

tbh good map but needs to be checked more as I'm not a great modder. Do ask more mods for this, I think it does have potential to be ranked. :D
Topic Starter
YelloJello

PotatoJet wrote:

hope this helps, I'm not good at playing 6*

Full Cowl
I feel like the timing is wrong, may want to check that out Adjusted by a few milliseconds.
Title conflicts with other diffs Deleted other diffs to remap.
Countdown conflicts with other diffs ^
Map exceeds 24MB without video (you definitely need to lower that) Working on it.

00:17:775 (1,1) imo it would be better if it was the opposite way around. So instead of the right circle first, the left circle needs to be hit first. Left circle is way too close for comfortable movement, I think rotating it instead is the better option.
00:20:897 (6,7,1) The circles on top of the stream don't feel too comfortable to hit (change if u want) Ctrl+G'd 3,4 and 5
01:10:601 (4,5,6) The flow here is uncomfortable. Ctrl+G (5) to make it a bit betterAdjusted Accordingly.
01:11:508 (1,2,3) The (2) should be a bit more further than (1). I believe it would be much better if it was in the middle of (1) and (3) or just keep it the same but move (2) more down. Made movement more comfortable.
00:06:686 (4,5,6) Not a jump mapper expert but 4 to 6 to 5 would make more sense than how it is now. Right now, it doesn't flow really well. I really think it would be much better if (6) the circle in front of (4) the slider should be hit before circle (5). Ctrl+G'd and did the same to the rest of the jump pattern to make it fit.
00:21:632 (4,5,1) This patterns reminds me of the Maffalda map by Mismagius/Blue Dragon. Don't change it I like the pattern too and would like to keep it, however if it causes problems for players I may need to make adjustments.
00:57:281 (10,11,12) do (10,12,11 ) instead. Not as in combo but as in which circle goes first. Probably best not to incorporate wide angle jumps when there is a section with a bunch of sharp angle jumps right after it.

That's it

tbh good map but needs to be checked more as I'm not a great modder. Do ask more mods for this, I think it does have potential to be ranked. :D
Thanks for the mod! :)
PotatoJet

YelloJello wrote:

No kudosu? ;-;
Topic Starter
YelloJello

PotatoJet wrote:

YelloJello wrote:

No kudosu? ;-;
Lol mb

Edit: gave kudos on both posts by accident fuk
PotatoJet
lol you didn't have to give kudosu on my previous post because it wasn't a mod xd

Anyways, good luck with your map! :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.