StephOsu
who cares
pls enjoy game
Disillusionz
I pretty much do this. I don't retry, I song hop. idgaf if it's bad
7ambda
it's still a bad habit, but not as much as retrying
Yoppi
Sometimes you can get very tilted over a song and it's better to just leave it alone for the meantime. Improving in other maps and then coming back to try again is much less frustrating in my experience. So not necessarily a bad thing.
KupcaH
You shouldn't always care about "improving" old score.
And IMO, there's no cons of playing map to the end.
Tamako Lumisade
Well it creates some bad habits but other than that - not really.
MalcoraX

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

What I was wondering though is if people consider it bad or not to quit out of a song once it is impossible to improve your old score and move onto a new song?
Yes. Don't retry.
Endaris
I often experience the opposite after a miss - I'll immediately become more relaxed (especially on pp relevant maps) and enjoy the song/map more and often my performance is not getting worse at all from that.
Quitting on a miss gives that competitive feeling and can lead to real frustration if you end up quitting map after map on a bad day. And this only gets worse with time.

At the end of the day it is not the score that matters but the play that does. I have quite some good plays that aren't my best scores but I can still appreciate them. So unless I'm completely shitting in I usually try to not quit the map.
dung eater
Accept yourself as the missing noob you are. Don't get ahead of yourself thinking you can do something you aren't doing now. Retrying is fine, just don't except anything to change if you don't change.
winber1
why not quit the game after you miss instead
StephOsu

winber1 wrote:

This guy knows
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

winber1 wrote:

This guy knows
kai99
It really depends on my mood. If I shitmiss I'll most likely ragequit the map, but if I'm in the mood to keep myself sane after a shitmiss or the map is hard I'll play through. That being said I also stop playing a map if I realize it's too hard and will tire me instead of helping me out. Imo it's just your choice but if uou're lacking stamina you should probably try playing through
Yohei
nah man i quit songs all the time if i miss and dont feel like playing it after, do it if u want to ;)

edit: keep in mind if u want to fc the song it's often better to play it through till its over
I Give Up
It doesnt matter. Retrying isnt bad either. Play whatever you want.
The Gambler
B2B 1xmiss on a hard map? I'll take that.

Seriously though, retrying only works for me if the difficulty of the map allows me to set consistent scores.

#inb4DTfarming
Celine
"Retrying isn't bad"
That's why you only have 6k pp after spending so much time into the game?
StephOsu

BWSnoob wrote:

come back and say this sentence again after you get to 6kpp yourself
you don't really have the right to say that sentence when you can't even understand the simple fact that everyone improves at a different rate even if they are doing the same thing didn't even learn the steep learning curve of getting from 5kpp to 6kpp yet
+1 postcount
DJ Enetro
I don't think so.

BC it allows you to improve your scores, raising PP (more felt on harder maps but can improve BM-wide rankings)
But PF mods is sucky imo BC it doesn't allow 100s. SD is kinda bad too, as it auto fails if you miss

tl;dr: No, imo.
alecA
It's not bad to quit after missing, I actually almost never played a map all the way through before I FC it. It's up to you though. If you were just playing to get a better score, it kind of makes sense to just quit if you couldn't get it.
abraker
Not unless it's a farmable map that is less than 1 minute long, then you retry retry retry
KupcaH

BWSnoob wrote:

"Retrying isn't bad"
Get to 6k mark and say that me again