forum

can't focus while playing osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mavis_goz
problem is as stated above, im trying my hardest to focus on hard maps, especially the ones with rapid jump sessions.

the bad thing is that this isnt a reading issue(for most of it) since i still managae to fuck up the easiest 4* maps

any tips,or anyone wanne tell something about their experience with such issues?
sHootR
Don't force yourself to fc something. Always try to play for fun and scores will come automatically. Don't ever ragequit after a miss, and try to focus on that part later again. Don't try maps over and over again. If you can't fc one map after like 10 tries, you should move on to another one. While playing, try to think about something else that had a positive effect on you.
7ambda
fucking up easy 4* means your reading is off

there's nothing possibly else then that
Topic Starter
Mavis_goz

F1r3tar wrote:

fucking up easy 4* means your reading is off

there's nothing possibly else then that

with that i meant no longer FC cus i used to be able to almost HSS almost all (back then) hard maps, when i first became 5 digit i believe, and it could be that spamming HD made my reading ass always possible

would misaiming stuff also be misreading?
Topic Starter
Mavis_goz

sHootR wrote:

Don't force yourself to fc something. Always try to play for fun and scores will come automatically. Don't ever ragequit after a miss, and try to focus on that part later again. Don't try maps over and over again. If you can't fc one map after like 10 tries, you should move on to another one. While playing, try to think about something else that had a positive effect on you.

i only recently got PP again and i did try to farm a lil more, but im not really focusing on that, more focussing on acc
sHootR

Mavis_goz wrote:

sHootR wrote:

i only recently got PP again and i did try to farm a lil more, but im not really focusing on that, more focussing on acc
That's good :D you're on a good way then. PP rain will come soon :)
Topic Starter
Mavis_goz

sHootR wrote:

Mavis_goz wrote:

That's good :D you're on a good way then. PP rain will come soon :)
it would be if i was consistent at it, the FCs come literally at random, and i cant control it ;-;
ManuelOsuPlayer
It's like a overreading problem. When you can read the circle so fast and you don't have nothing to do until next circles spawn, so you fuck your focus and you don't even know wtf you was doing = rip combos at easier/slower patterns to read.
Play faster bpm and harder maps to make those easy patterns even easier. Hidden also works for me on those patterns.
Topic Starter
Mavis_goz

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

It's like a overreading problem. When you can read the circle so fast and you don't have nothing to do until next circles spawn, so you fuck your focus and you don't even know wtf you was doing = rip combos at easier/slower patterns to read.
Play faster bpm and harder maps to make those easy patterns even easier. Hidden also works for me on those patterns.
could be but idk since i almost FC'd some 5.6* but can barely aim the others its weird
ManuelOsuPlayer

Mavis_goz wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

could be but idk since i almost FC'd some 5.6* but can barely aim the others its weird
It's normal. I have better acc less misses on some 6* than some 3*. I think It's about the map styles you feel confortable with and more used to play.

In my case i have less problems playing high bpm short spaced maps than low bpm big spaced maps. Because i mostly play stream maps, so i'm used to play circles closest to each other instead expect circles from side to side. So i can get much worst scores than a 200k player on some 3-4* expecific maps and much better scores than a 20k on 6-7* expecific maps. What don't seems make a lot of sense, but It's how it works. Not everybody have same ways to tap, aim, read, setup, grip...
Topic Starter
Mavis_goz
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i feel ya, i got owned by fresh 5 digits in MP lobbies not long ago ;-;
StephOsu
you can try to play without focusing much
according to happystick improvement month interview with cookiezi even he does that (somewhere around 40 minutes into the video, which is the 11th question in the questionaire)
you can try to give yourself a month to do that to see if you can get used to it
if that doesn't work, then I don't know other solutions

+1 postcount
Topic Starter
Mavis_goz

StephOsu wrote:

you can try to play without focusing much
according to happystick improvement month interview with cookiezi even he does that (somewhere around 40 minutes into the video, which is the 11th question in the questionaire)
you can try to give yourself a month to do that to see if you can get used to it
if that doesn't work, then I don't know other solutions

+1 postcount

tbh been doing taht since day 1 and can sometimes play like that, but idk it feels like my focus is needen cuz i cant aim that wel
Celine
pls enjoy game
Topic Starter
Mavis_goz

BWSnoob wrote:

pls enjoy game
hard to do when i succ at the game ;-;
Celine
have u tried clicking the circles to the beat?
Topic Starter
Mavis_goz

BWSnoob wrote:

have u tried clicking the circles to the beat?
yes. still suck...
vepply

sHootR wrote:

hyper necro but this is the opposite advise that i would give. getting good scores/improvement is the only that gets me going on this game. my aim control gets thrown in the trash when im playing casually and not really thinking about the game