forum

yuki. - Be Your Light

posted
Total Posts
show more
Azinlen
wait
Mafumafu
Finally exam is over, gonna check this map soon!
Topic Starter
Nowaie

Regraz wrote:

Finally exam is over, gonna check this map soon!
Ayy \:D/

Nice to hear that your exam is over
Mafumafu
I love this song so much that I even made a mania map of it

[Normal]
00:33:311 (1) - I am not ok with those multiple reverses because it was once a nightmare for me when I started playing osu

[Sergio's Hard]
00:06:479 (5,1) - I think you might need a larger spacing here (cymbal sound)
00:18:312 (6) - 3/4 slider might be a better choice? That sound here is long.
01:13:312 (1,2,3) - Hmm wont they need larger spacing?

For the second part of Kiai I think it is better to make the rhythm harder? For now it is so simple with only 1/1s and 1/2s I think adding some 1/4 would be great because the second kiai is the most intense part within this song.

01:39:312 - 01:41:979 - and so on: Missing note?

[Insane]
01:36:895 - You might consider adding a 1/4 note here, for drum sound.

[Brightness]
01:20:395 (5) - unsnapped?
00:54:645 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Look at those huge and not cute 1/4s, they should not appear in such a calm section! They are even more intense than 00:11:979 (1) - and even Kiai!
Seijiro

Regraz wrote:

I love this song so much that I even made a mania map of it oho o.o

[Sergio's Hard]
00:06:479 (5,1) - I think you might need a larger spacing here (cymbal sound) I believe the stack between 00:06:312 (4,5) - creates a nice "hold" feeling, so when moving to the slider it feels stronger than a normal spacing
00:18:312 (6) - 3/4 slider might be a better choice? That sound here is long. if you take the upper diff you notice how that beat (and many others, like 00:12:979 (5) - 00:16:979 (4) - ) is on a really weird sound, which is rather complex. Since I couldn't afford any particular technique to express that on this diff I opted for just a circle and blank space after it, that way the player will listen to that strange sound which I can't match.
01:13:312 (1,2,3) - Hmm wont they need larger spacing? ye, they do. Imma see what I can do

For the second part of Kiai I think it is better to make the rhythm harder? For now it is so simple with only 1/1s and 1/2s I think adding some 1/4 would be great because the second kiai is the most intense part within this song.
it might sound contorted, but the fact a piano layer is added makes it sound less intense to me.
That's probably because I ended up focusing on the piano from the beginning perhaps...
Anyway, the fact you gotta remove many beats and focus on the piano makes it hard enough imo, so unlike the first part the difficulty switches over to reading and rhythm, rather than rough intensity (also, I would die of boredom to play the same kiai twice in a row, zzz)

01:39:312 - 01:41:979 - and so on: Missing note? I believe that once you notice the piano you can appreciate this mapping choice (maybe)
Thanks a bunch!
I can further explain if needed, but I do have reasons for what I do 98% of the times.

https://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/TiGcSaSR.osu
Topic Starter
Nowaie

Regraz wrote:

I love this song so much that I even made a mania map of it ^^
[General]
k

[Normal]
00:33:311 (1) - I am not ok with those multiple reverses because it was once a nightmare for me when I started playing osu I have tested them with numerous lower level players (ranging from 1mil to 500k) and most of them were able to read them on their first try of playing. This is classified as a normal which means there may be some kind of harder patterns present and even on top of that they are 1/1 repeat sliders. I have another reasonable way to map them if needed but imo they just are not that hard

[Insane]
01:36:895 - You might consider adding a 1/4 note here, for drum sound. Sure

[Brightness]
01:20:395 (5) - unsnapped? Yeah .-. fixed
00:54:645 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Look at those huge and not cute 1/4s, they should not appear in such a calm section! They are even more intense than 00:11:979 (1) - and even Kiai!

Alright, i can see 00:54:645 - 01:05:312 - begin bit too intense, i nerfed it quite a bit and now it should be much better. Though for the second half of the "calm section" i feel it is just fine as it is currently. It may be intense (object amount wise) but it doesn't require too much of aim nor finger control so imo it gives good contrast between the calmer section and the kiai (which is not intense because of object amount but rather aim and finger control wise through the way the rhythm is mapped)
Thanks a lot for modding

Also updated the source p/6058032
Mafumafu
Hmm I think the 1/4 parts still need to be greatly nerfed.

Also there's unsnapped notes pointed out in my mod above, so you need to find previous bn to rebubble first, according to the current BN rule.
Topic Starter
Nowaie

Regraz wrote:

Hmm I think the 1/4 parts still need to be greatly nerfed.
I'll explain my viewpoint

The 1/4 section stays like that unless someone can point out specifically what can be changed in a way the difficulty stays appropriate to what it's intended to be. Turning that one section to pretty much only sliders is more than enough considering what was the reason why they had to be changed. I explained what i was going to do and why i didn't change the whole part and currently it represents the melody it's mapped on appropriately to the level of difficulty the difficulty is intended to be. I didn't consider that part to be calm anyway (it's 1/4 synthesizer for the whole time!) especially when compared to what 00:33:312 - is. I understand that the way it was mapped when you first checked it was kinda awful and it was just too much for the section it was trying to represent but now it's much much less intensive so i can't really nerf it from that anymore (atleast when taking the fact that it'd be roughly similar to insane into the count while the diffs have nearly 1* difference)
Monstrata
Repairing bubble, thanks Regraz!
7ambda
damn, that's a large jump in SR
Topic Starter
Nowaie
Yeah and it doesn't even make sense xd There are many much larger jumps later on in to the map that do no raise the sr at all
Mafumafu
Hope there will be more maps from featured artists!
Kyouren
Congrulations! :3
Topic Starter
Nowaie
Thanks regraz ^^ I really hope that aswell
Shmiklak
Using "osu!" as source applies only to osu! theme or contest songs. Using "osu!" as source just because the song is by featured artist is wrong. You can see alacat's confirmation here: t/564913/start=45 also there is no ranked maps of featured artists with osu! as source except the situations I told above
Topic Starter
Nowaie
You can find the chatlog i had with JBHyperion from the 2nd page regarding this
Shmiklak
You can find alacat's post on my map and also can you show me any ranked map of featured artist with osu! as source?
Topic Starter
Nowaie
Well there is the thing that this song actually IS osu! exclusive as that can be seen in the FA page ( https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmaps/artists/4 )

There haven't been any osu! exclusive songs that haven't been part of a contest (or the game, read theme) ranked yet so there is nothing ranked that would have a similar case with source. Though i'd still find what JBHyperion has said to be much more sense making than just saying "well it's not part of osu!" as people have used other games as a source for the song that is involved in it even though the song was not made for the game (heck some people even use BMS which is a file type as a source)
Shmiklak
If the song was made for osu! it doesn't mean it can use osu! as source. If so, then I can create my own song, say "HI HI I MADE IT FOR OSU!" and use osu! as source. As I (and alacat) told before using osu! as source is valid ONLY for osu! theme songs or contests.
Topic Starter
Nowaie

M a r v o l l o wrote:

As I (and alacat) told before using osu! as source is valid ONLY for osu! theme songs or contests.
You are the only one i have ever seen to state that since afaik "You don't have to" does not mean "You can't" nor does "It applies to" mean anything close to "It's ONLY valid"

You can stop exaggerating the point as it does not help at all, if you were a featured artist and you would've made something specifically for osu! then yes, i would consider osu! to be a viable source

Also i found Kwan stating that osu! is not required (Does not mean "can't be used") as the source and that the QAT should not force having it as the source if the song was made before he or she was listed as a FA. But in this case the songs made by yuki. were introduced when the FA thing kicked off
p/6118885
alacat
checked with Doyak for this.

alacat wrote:

I think "osu!" should be Tags same as this ( p/6065688 )

Doyak wrote:

imo yes, being a featured artist doesn't mean they automatically make all songs exclusively for osu
so it shouldn't be in the source I think
"osu! featured artist" can be in tags instead
Please move "osu!" to Tags and send me forum PM for re-qualify.
Shmiklak
As I told you lol. I wonder why you didn't even trust me because I gave you threads of another featured artist songs. Gl on requalifying though
alacat
We discussed with staff members about this case again.

We decided to this
when the song is for osu! official contest (MBC, Aspire), osu! theme song, its compulsory to use osu! as source
when the song is featured on the webpage, its up to the creator to choose whether to put osu! as source
When you're ready for re-qualify, let me know~
alacat

DTM9 Nowa wrote:

i'd want to keep the source as "osu!"
Re-qualify ~
Topic Starter
Nowaie
Thanks for sorting out the issue ^^
Shmiklak
oh, grats
Kyouren

KittyAdventure wrote: