forum

get better at streaming?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Billieilish
I always knew I was bad at streaming, then I took a test at http://arctic5.github.io/osuStreamSpeed.js/

This is my results:
Tap Speed: 40 taps / 4.856 seconds.
Stream Speed: 123.56 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 352.25127.

that's actually the best I can do
What can I do to improve on this?
KupcaH
play more
StephOsu
those test doesn't meant shit
because you don't actually try to "stream" in those test
you are just mashing the button
actually learn the basic of streaming and PLAY MORE
Endaris
Tap Speed: 40 taps / 5.038 seconds.
Stream Speed: 119.09 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 95.68386.

Tap Speed: 40 taps / 4.119 seconds.
Stream Speed: 145.67 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 71.48601.

Tap Speed: 40 taps / 4.228 seconds.
Stream Speed: 141.91 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 95.4157.

Conclusion: This test is nonsense. If anything it is not calculating UR correctly at least.
Ryoid
Tap Speed: 4000taps
Stream Speed: 405.02 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 45.6
The trick Is don't mash the button but push it
KupcaH

Ryoid wrote:

Pretty slow for 6 digit.
StephOsu

Ryoid wrote:

what a god
ManuelOsuPlayer
Tap Speed: 20 taps / 1.199 seconds.
Stream Speed: 250.21 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 151.14889.

Tap Speed: 100 taps / 6.212 seconds.
Stream Speed: 241.47 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 259.76339.

Without music it's hard to reach your max speed.
Barusamikosu
Those stream testing programs are pretty much useless. When you consider all elements of streaming (speed, stamina, accuracy and aim), the only way to really test yourself is with real maps.

A general way to improve in the main areas of streaming would be:

Speed - Play lots of maps with burst streams (short streams) above your comfortable limit

Stamina - Playing maps with longer streams than you are usually comfortable with

Accuracy - Playing streams around or under your limit while focusing specifically on fluid and consistent motion that allows you to match the hitsounds to the music as closely as possible. If you're playing a map with a relatively low aim requirement you can even look at your error bar to adjust to the live feedback during play.

Aim - This will mostly develop on its own just by playing higher star rating maps. You'll encounter increasingly spaced streams as you play more difficult maps. As long as you aren't avoiding specific map types and playing a good variety your stream aim will improve as you improve at the game overall.
Ryoid

Barusamikosu wrote:

Those stream testing programs are pretty much useless. When you consider all elements of streaming (speed, stamina, accuracy and aim), the only way to really test yourself is with real maps.

Speed - Play lots of maps with burst streams (short streams) above your comfortable limit

Stamina - Playing maps with longer streams than you are usually comfortable with

Accuracy - Playing streams around or under your limit while focusing specifically on fluid and consistent motion that allows you to match the hitsounds to the music as closely as possible. If you're playing a map with a relatively low aim requirement you can even look at your error bar to adjust to the live feedback during play.

Aim - This will mostly develop on its own just by playing higher star rating maps. You'll encounter increasingly spaced streams as you play more difficult maps. As long as you aren't avoiding specific map types and playing a good variety your stream aim will improve as you improve at the game overall.
This guy know
StephOsu

Barusamikosu wrote:

baru why aren't you shitposting instead :thinking:
+1 postcount
Barusamikosu

StephOsu wrote:

baru why aren't you shitposting instead :thinking:
+1 postcount
Probably because I die a little inside every time I see a score from that program posted on G&R.

Alternative guide inspired by Steph: Play more
postcount up
B1rd
120 BPM? You really suck, may as well quit.
StephOsu

Barusamikosu wrote:

Probably because I die a little inside every time I see a score from that program posted on G&R.

postcount up
same tbh
+1 postcount
B1rd

StephOsu wrote:

Barusamikosu wrote:

postcount up
same tbh
+1 postcount
yea
kai99

B1rd wrote:

120 BPM? You really suck, may as well quit.
this guy knows
Kayy
Tap Speed: 50 taps / 1.619 seconds.
Stream Speed: 463.25 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 11.2712.

huh.. seems good to me.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Kajiin wrote:

Tap Speed: 50 taps / 1.619 seconds.
Stream Speed: 463.25 bpm.
Unstable Rate: 11.2712.

huh.. seems good to me.
Seems legit. But You should use the 2 fingers next time, not only singletap :v
I would love to know what speed can reach the fastest players. Can anyone reach 400bpm? Or what is the límit reached?
Ryoid

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I would love to know what speed can reach the fastest players. Can anyone reach 400bpm? Or what is the límit reached?
I see some people on the youtube can stream 509bpm but don't remmember who
ManuelOsuPlayer

Ryoid wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I see some people on the youtube can stream 509bpm but don't remmember who
I don't think that's possible. 509 BPM is way so far even to do short streams. Was a hacker for sure, or using programed keyboard or something. The fastest plays i watched are around 300 BPM. But good acc. Probably those who make 300bpm streams >95% acc can reach around 320/330 bpm without miss.
I have really bad coordination low time playing and bad keyboard too. If i can burst around 280bpm being a really bad player, there have to be people bursting around 370-400bpm. But i can't find any plays from those.
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

there have to be people bursting around 370-400bpm. But i can't find any plays from those.
:hangthinking:
StephOsu
to be fair 400BPM triples/5 note burst are possible to play
even 500BPM actually
but if it's burst chain then it's another story
+1 postcount
KupcaH
yes, I can strem 1000bpm 2 notes
fight me
N0thingSpecial
If I can jitter click 400 bpm, the only logical next step is to be able to stream 400 bpm amirite
B1rd

KupcaH wrote:

yes, I can strem 1000bpm 2 notes
fight me
I can stream infinite bpm for 1 note

Get good skrub.
KupcaH
fml
B1rd is too strong
Meah
I once fingered a chicken, it died.
KupcaH