forum

Im randomly failing jumps now..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zXRainXz
hello! i think this is the right place to put gameplay issues or stuff like that. so uh, i used to be able to do jumps fairly easily. with very little misses. i can play 4 star maps and thats my max. a week ago and up until now my jumps have been failing and i have been missing so much. what could be the problem? i have been try-harding jump maps all week for a few hours. still not seeing a difference. please help!
zXRainXz
Topic Starter
zXRainXz
also, i now have to alternate so i dont miss the notes and its confusing for me because i focus more on my keyboard than the gameplay and i end up screwing up. help!
Jesus Christ
Play more
Topic Starter
zXRainXz
I have! its just for some reason i randomly just started to screw up my jumps. idk why
ManuelOsuPlayer
Focus eyes on each circle.
Topic Starter
zXRainXz
Thanks ill try that. please post as much tips as possible! thanks..
Topic Starter
zXRainXz
should i keep trying to focus on each note during a jump? when i did i couldnt keep up with my eyes. im not focused. ??
Sandy Hoey
If you couldn't keep up, then you are not able to read that AR properly. Probably should go down some difficulty to work your way up
StephOsu

Sandy Hoey wrote:

If you couldn't keep up, then you are not able to read that AR properly. Probably should go down some difficulty to work your way up
this
you aren't gonna stay at your "max" forever
your body will get tired
you are going to have good days and bad days
go to play something easier and work your skillset up so that it's comfortable for you to play 4*
kai99
if i fail maps i usually go back stars
i usually play 4.5* but i sometimes find myself doing 5* and failing
so then i'll keep myself at 4.5* and below which helps

looking at your plays it seems you're comfortable early 3* so play there, dont rush trying to play 4*
KupcaH

kai99 wrote:

looking at your plays it seems you're comfortable early 3* so play there, dont rush trying to play 4*
go play 3* noob
Endaris

zXRainXz wrote:

also, i now have to alternate so i dont miss the notes and its confusing for me because i focus more on my keyboard than the gameplay and i end up screwing up. help!
It is normal to have less consistent aim when you're focusing more on your tapping. Once you get your tapping to a level where you don't have to think too much about it anymore, it will get better though.
Ryoid

Endaris wrote:

zXRainXz wrote:

It is normal to have less consistent aim when you're focusing more on your tapping. Once you get your tapping to a level where you don't have to think too much about it anymore, it will get better though.
does that explain why my Acc Suck?
StephOsu
no you just suck tbh
ManuelOsuPlayer

zXRainXz wrote:

should i keep trying to focus on each note during a jump? when i did i couldnt keep up with my eyes. im not focused. ??
Yes , keep trying.
Should be fine soon if you keep trying.
Endaris

Ryoid wrote:

Endaris wrote:

zXRainXz wrote:

does that explain why my Acc Suck?

Likely
Topic Starter
zXRainXz
hi. im back.. i actually rushed 4 stars before. my friend told me to go redo 3 stars until you get a 90% or over on most maps. i have achieved that, and now im doing 4 stars. before i had to redo 3 stars, i was really good at jumps. now after redoing the 3 stars im so bad. ill go and work on your tips that you have said guys. thanks!
kai99

KupcaH wrote:

kai99 wrote:

go play 3* noob
uguu

zXRainXz wrote:

hi. im back.. i actually rushed 4 stars before. my friend told me to go redo 3 stars until you get a 90% or over on most maps. i have achieved that, and now im doing 4 stars. before i had to redo 3 stars, i was really good at jumps. now after redoing the 3 stars im so bad. ill go and work on your tips that you have said guys. thanks!
when i was around 3 stars i think i aimed for 98% acc and a fc, use it as a reference point.
well, good luck! have fun
KupcaH
No, play 3* until you can at least 95% most of them.
Topic Starter
zXRainXz
okay, thanks!
Topic Starter
zXRainXz
hey guys. im back once again. i have took what u guys said into consideration and so ill go back to 3 stars, but ill also try to now alternate. i think im sorta getting used to it! :)
KupcaH
Good luck
ManuelOsuPlayer

zXRainXz wrote:

hey guys. im back once again. i have took what u guys said into consideration and so ill go back to 3 stars, but ill also try to now alternate. i think im sorta getting used to it! :)
Don't force yourself to play 3* if you don't feel it.
Ir you are interested on 4* keep playing 4*. When those maps you enjoy to play require some skills what you can't improve there, you will be interested on play 2* 6* or whatever make you improve on what you are interesed at the moment.
Wishes
I wouldn't suggest you play 3 star maps all the time. 4 star maps are a lot different in terms of pattern and spacing. Do easy maps and harder maps to mix it up and gain different skills. Your aim will improve with time. Don't overly focus on single notes in jump patterns. Eventually you want to be able to not move your eyes too much as that will just hinder you at high speeds.
Skidayo
tbh i recommend you to play both 3star and 4star maps.. (and some 5* sometimes as well)