forum

Avenged Sevenfold - Save Me

posted
Total Posts
show more
Garden
b
Mentai
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lasse
why are you using these clicking normal-hitnormal samples, they don't make any sense to put as custom hitsounds in song like this
your soft ones also seems rather out of place
you could probably just delete both so it uses default ones, or find better fitting custom samples
Mir

Lasse wrote:

why are you using these clicking normal-hitnormal samples, they don't make any sense to put as custom hitsounds in song like this
you could probably just delete both so it uses default ones, or find better fitting custom samples
try this: https://mir.s-ul.eu/WuXgr4eA it fits more with your "you feel like the drummer" concept I feel, plus it's not as annoying as CLACK CLACK CLACK because i really don't feel like a drummer when i hear CLACK CLACK CLACK

CLACK CLACK CLACK
Topic Starter
Drummer

Lasse wrote:

this is actually a really good idea, i didn't put much thought into the hitnormals tbh. they are mainly there for feedback, so letting the player have the hitnormals of their preferred skin would be better than forcing something i guess. removed the hitnormals.

thank you!

Mir wrote:

try this: https://mir.s-ul.eu/WuXgr4eA it fits more with your "you feel like the drummer" concept I feel, plus it's not as annoying as CLACK CLACK CLACK because i really don't feel like a drummer when i hear CLACK CLACK CLACK

CLACK CLACK CLACK
the sound you provided is a hihat sound. I already use normal-hitwhistle as the hihat, and if i used that sound as the hitnormal then it wouldn't fit the concept at all since it would be hihat all over the place believ mi im drummer.

anyway, clack clack is no more

edit: ther was also an unintended sliderwhistle on the first damn slider, i delet dis
Kagetsu
some opinions

[Tragedy]
  1. 00:16:283 (6,7) - i kinda dislike the normal-hitnormal for those, it sounds as if there was a snare, but there isn't any snare in the music (this repeats in a lot of instances throughout the whole map, the ones i'd like to "fix" though, would be those that are in the calm parts such as 00:45:651 - or 03:17:230 - , for example
  2. 02:39:651 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - about these streams... the flow feels inconsistent, i mean i get the idea behind the spacing decrease on stuff like 02:41:230 (1,2,3,4) - what isn't really clear for me, though, are those angle changes 02:40:204 (8,1,2) - 02:40:520 (4,1,2) - etc... i think they're meant to emphasize the guitar? thing is that its usage looks a bit inconsistent, like 02:44:703 (5) - is not emphasized at all despite it being strong enough to do so
  3. 04:02:388 (5,6,7,8) - this being visually less spaced than stuff like 04:02:704 (1,2,3,4) - doesn't make much sense imo, mainly because these snares are representing a change in the music. i think it would be better to space them out more, or simply replace it for 1/4 sliders, as jumps are also a valid way to emphasize those sounds
  4. 04:04:283 (5) - vs 04:08:071 (5) - more or less the same thing as previous point. it feels inconsistent
  5. 04:17:230 (2,3,1,2) - i'd rather change the spacing for the claps instead, also i think the nc should be on 04:17:546 (3) -
  6. 04:49:440 - the normal-hitnormal sounds out of place on this section as well, especially those that land on red ticks such as 04:49:598 -
  7. 06:56:808 (2) - could use a 1/3 slider as a filler, the rhythm would be more intuitive to read by doing so
  8. 07:33:019 (1) - this shape looks kinda random compared to the rest of the map, as if there wasn't too much care on making something interesting. it might be just me, though
  9. 08:18:492 (1,1) - this was a bit confusing to read at first sight, i think it's because they're spaced instead of overlapped, i think you could try something like this in order to make it more readable
  10. 08:27:019 (1,2,3,1,2) - suddenly changing the snapping between 1/3 and 1/2 isn't too much of a good idea, i think it's better to use a slider for stuff like 08:27:650 (1,2) -
  11. 10:29:230 - this whole section feels a bit overdone compared to what is in the map. i think there were other instances where the music was equally (if not stronger) than this one and the spacing wasn't as exaggerated as this (this section would be a good example of what i'm saying 05:07:124 - )
  12. i don't really like how the map suddenly increases its difficulty on the last 10 seconds of it, not because i'm against jumps or high spacing, but rather because it feels unbalanced. sudden 1/4 10:33:651 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - and 1/3 10:38:704 (4,5,6,1) - spaced streams goes against the map concept in my opinion
Topic Starter
Drummer

Kagetsu wrote:

some opinions

[Tragedy]
  1. 00:16:283 (6,7) - i kinda dislike the normal-hitnormal for those, it sounds as if there was a snare, but there isn't any snare in the music (this repeats in a lot of instances throughout the whole map, the ones i'd like to "fix" though, would be those that are in the calm parts such as 00:45:651 - or 03:17:230 - , for example fixed the hitsounding
  2. 02:39:651 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - about these streams... the flow feels inconsistent, i mean i get the idea behind the spacing decrease on stuff like 02:41:230 (1,2,3,4) - what isn't really clear for me, though, are those angle changes 02:40:204 (8,1,2) - 02:40:520 (4,1,2) - etc... i think they're meant to emphasize the guitar? thing is that its usage looks a bit inconsistent, like 02:44:703 (5) - is not emphasized at all despite it being strong enough to do so remapped streams
  3. 04:02:388 (5,6,7,8) - this being visually less spaced than stuff like 04:02:704 (1,2,3,4) - doesn't make much sense imo, mainly because these snares are representing a change in the music. i think it would be better to space them out more, or simply replace it for 1/4 sliders, as jumps are also a valid way to emphasize those sounds i don't feel like increasing the spacing there, i think it creates a better buildup for the stream section ahead
  4. 04:04:283 (5) - vs 04:08:071 (5) - more or less the same thing as previous point. it feels inconsistent
  5. 04:17:230 (2,3,1,2) - i'd rather change the spacing for the claps instead, also i think the nc should be on 04:17:546 (3) - sure
  6. 04:49:440 - the normal-hitnormal sounds out of place on this section as well, especially those that land on red ticks such as 04:49:598 -
  7. 06:56:808 (2) - could use a 1/3 slider as a filler, the rhythm would be more intuitive to read by doing so i don't think a filler fits there. though i changed the spacing on the last double to match the previous spacing
  8. 07:33:019 (1) - this shape looks kinda random compared to the rest of the map, as if there wasn't too much care on making something interesting. it might be just me, though thanks for calling my sliderart which i polished for 15 minutes uninteresting
  9. 08:18:492 (1,1) - this was a bit confusing to read at first sight, i think it's because they're spaced instead of overlapped, i think you could try something like this in order to make it more readable i think the nc should make it clear enough that something's different there
  10. 08:27:019 (1,2,3,1,2) - suddenly changing the snapping between 1/3 and 1/2 isn't too much of a good idea, i think it's better to use a slider for stuff like 08:27:650 (1,2) - 08:27:650 (1,2) needs to be emphasized so i'd rather use a jump here than put a slider. also it's quite well readable that it won't be a 1/3
  11. 10:29:230 - this whole section feels a bit overdone compared to what is in the map. i think there were other instances where the music was equally (if not stronger) than this one and the spacing wasn't as exaggerated as this (this section would be a good example of what i'm saying 05:07:124 - ) this section is the most intense drum fill in the entire song, which also culminates the whole thing.
  12. i don't really like how the map suddenly increases its difficulty on the last 10 seconds of it, not because i'm against jumps or high spacing, but rather because it feels unbalanced. sudden 1/4 10:33:651 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - and 1/3 10:38:704 (4,5,6,1) - spaced streams goes against the map concept in my opinion again, it's culminating the entire song.
thank you!
Garden
uh default normal hitnormals are providing really weird feedback in some parts (like 00:15:335 - section) I suggest you gather some other opinions.. not sure if it's just me.
Topic Starter
Drummer

Garden wrote:

uh default normal hitnormals are providing really weird feedback in some parts (like 00:15:335 - section) I suggest you gather some other opinions.. not sure if it's just me.
didn't really like it myself.. added a normal-hitnormal which hopefully fits well enough. should sound fine now
Garden
rebubbled
Kagetsu
gratz
Venix
gratz!
Mentai
great work man
Namki
поздравляю!
TinyLoliGirl_DELETED
HYPE
LwL
gz owo
Pulse
nice one
LowAccuracySS
holy shit
Mombei
I think you might wanna change Combo Colour 1, it blends in with the BG too much

t/447428/start=480
Xayler
I even tried to mod this and something was even applied as I remember, but damn, the map was already so good so I'm not really worthy of that kudosu anyways.

We need more Estonian mappers like this, this is just the beginning...
Grats for the 1st Good luck at getting more ranked maps in a short time!
Blocko
Disqualified as requested by your post.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Drummer
final hitsound changes done, im satisfied now

added "heavy metal" to tags, also made the combo color 1 a little brighter
rawrneru
had me worried for a moment
Xayler
I just had something what came to my eye right now, I hope that it wont be a problem. I just want to make it better. :P

1. Now by looking at this triplet and the circle, 05:03:966 (1,2,3,4) - it has some weird 1/8 gimmick and imo the 2, 3 and 4 should be a repeat slider just then.
    Just my idea to avoid the 1/8 confusing sounds at the background. (I mean that it has 1/8 sounds so with the repeatslider it wont be so confusing as with circles)
  2. 06:49:440 (1,2,3) - What about equaling the spacing here between these notes? 1,3x for example, very minor.
  3. 07:25:124 (6) - What about CTRL+G to this slider due to the vocal? You emphasis every slider at that combo so emphasizing it also would be logical. You can then move 07:25:440 (1) - this circle to where 07:24:966 (5) - is so it's basically the same spacing between these notes as it was previously.
  4. 07:46:756 (2,3) - CTRL+G maybe these circles too? (swap positions) As 2 has actually a sound, but 3 has nothing. With this change the 2 and 3 have basically the same spacing, but this way it's more logical as 2 with a sound is emphasized too.
And just a question that why 10:33:651 (1) - this stream here is so spaced? :D I don't hear anything so hyping in that calm place.
Topic Starter
Drummer
Xayler

Xayler wrote:

I just had something what came to my eye right now, I hope that it wont be a problem. I just want to make it better. :P

1. Now by looking at this triplet and the circle, 05:03:966 (1,2,3,4) - it has some weird 1/8 gimmick and imo the 2, 3 and 4 should be a repeat slider just then.
    Just my idea to avoid the 1/8 confusing sounds at the background. (I mean that it has 1/8 sounds so with the repeatslider it wont be so confusing as with circles) wouldn't play nicely.
  2. 06:49:440 (1,2,3) - What about equaling the spacing here between these notes? 1,3x for example, very minor. why not, really just some pixels only but whatever
  3. 07:25:124 (6) - What about CTRL+G to this slider due to the vocal? You emphasis every slider at that combo so emphasizing it also would be logical. You can then move 07:25:440 (1) - this circle to where 07:24:966 (5) - is so it's basically the same spacing between these notes as it was previously. i don't find that necessary
  4. 07:46:756 (2,3) - CTRL+G maybe these circles too? (swap positions) As 2 has actually a sound, but 3 has nothing. With this change the 2 and 3 have basically the same spacing, but this way it's more logical as 2 with a sound is emphasized too. wouldn't flow that well imo
And just a question that why 10:33:651 (1) - this stream here is so spaced? :D I don't hear anything so hyping in that calm place. i think you must be deaf if you think this is a calm place. this is the most intense drum fill in the entire song which also culminates the whole thing, how is this even remotely calm. reading other mods might be useful at times, i've explained this many times already

thanks for mod!
Garden
re
-Kanzaki
01:59:466 (10,1) - 02:39:573 (4,1,2) - The flow you used here is kinda too sharp which is annoying. These kind of unexpected stuff not appreciated by players on marathon maps , i totally understand you emphasize there, it's good, but tho, you could make that shape slightly easier like here : 04:02:704 (1,2) - http://puu.sh/wREYo/68768e3a11.jpg i believe it is same part but this one is slightly easier

10:33:651 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - After 10 minutes of play, this is so unexpected and will probably make lots of players rage quit. I would still keep the same spacing with 10:33:019 (1,2,3,4,5) - this or use 1.4 - 1.5 Distance snapping. Even this part is more intense still i don't believe it is not this much intense.

had to post my opinion before going qualified again because these stuff are important if you ask me
TinyLoliGirl_DELETED

-Kanzaki wrote:

10:33:651 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - After 10 minutes of play, this is so unexpected and will probably make lots of players rage quit. I would still keep the same spacing with 10:33:019 (1,2,3,4,5) - this or use 1.4 - 1.5 Distance snapping. Even this part is more intense still i don't believe it is not this much intense.
I'm a player and I get really hyped in that section since its really intense, I don't see a reason why would Drummer nerf it. Especially after the buildup was added.
In all honesty I highly doubt any 3 digit player will have trouble with this map. Just throwing my personal opinion about the ending.

also just saying, reading previous mods is helpful since this has been brought up before.
Topic Starter
Drummer
-Kanzaki

-Kanzaki wrote:

01:59:466 (10,1) - 02:39:573 (4,1,2) - The flow you used here is kinda too sharp which is annoying. These kind of unexpected stuff not appreciated by players on marathon maps , i totally understand you emphasize there, it's good, but tho, you could make that shape slightly easier like here : 04:02:704 (1,2) - http://puu.sh/wREYo/68768e3a11.jpg i believe it is same part but this one is slightly easier I believe it's not too sharp to be really that unexpected. it's clearly readable that the direction changes there, not going to change

10:33:651 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - After 10 minutes of play, this is so unexpected and will probably make lots of players rage quit. I would still keep the same spacing with 10:33:019 (1,2,3,4,5) - this or use 1.4 - 1.5 Distance snapping. Even this part is more intense still i don't believe it is not this much intense. dont rage quit just pls enjoy game :)I've explained this section a lot by now, the most intense drum fill needs to be emphasized and that's what I've gone for

had to post my opinion before going qualified again because these stuff are important if you ask me

thanks for feedback!
Kagetsu
can you confirm whether this finish 01:15:809 (2) -and those whistles 01:30:967 - 03:09:493 - are intentional? that's all
Topic Starter
Drummer

Kagetsu wrote:

can you confirm whether this finish 01:15:809 (2) - intended, that's what the drummer does there

and those whistles 01:30:967 - 03:09:493 - are intentional? intended, the snare gets a bit more quiet there, went for a whistle instead of claps

that's all
hype v2
Kagetsu
ok
cyprianz5
wow 10:33:651 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - fuck you
edit but overall flawless map, except that stream, which is not flaw too, it's ofc reasonable but could be less spaced like 10:51:019 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) -
-Kanzaki
lol
AzureDoctor
Grats!

Also, Drummer do you play the drums?
Topic Starter
Drummer

AzureDoctor wrote:

Grats!

Also, Drummer do you play the drums?
thanks! ^^

no im obviously a pianist