forum

Do you know of any top players who use h420 or ctl490?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mille69
Just curious. Based on all the high level osu videos/streams I've watched and the first page of the leaderboards it seems like the vast majority are using older wacom tablets.
StephOsu
Topic Starter
mille69
I did google first, just didn't use the right keywords I guess. But anyhow damn, that's looking bleak. Only 2 h420 users and only 1 490 user out of 180 of the top players, compared to 42 480s and 69 470s. I was watching vaxei play with a 480 and he was hovering his pen super high and it looked like he had way more freedom of movement. I feel like using these 2 tablets is like the equivalent of using a membrane keyboard now.

It's so weird to me that all the tablets that are best for osu! are out of production and therefore super expensive online. Does wacom not even acknowledge osu!'s existence?
StephOsu
graphic tablets were meant to be used to make digital arts, not a rhythm game
so i can't blame them for not recognizing osu's existence
Topic Starter
mille69
But you would think a significant chunk of their sales came from osu! players. This is a fairly popular game. It's just insane to me that they would ostracize a large portion of their customers unless they were truly out of touch.
StephOsu

mille69 wrote:

But you would think a significant chunk of their sales came from osu! pl-
no
just no
please stop
you are killing me
Topic Starter
mille69
They make so many products though, they could afford to make one of their products specialized for osu!. Or at the very least bring back one of their discontinued ones. 8000 players online is a lot more than US starcraft 2 usually has, and that's an AAA game that tons of companies make products specifically targeting.
KupcaH

mille69 wrote:

I feel like using these 2 tablets is like the equivalent of using a membrane keyboard now.
:hangthinking:
Disillusionz
If you actually live in the US you can very easily find a good 480 online for around the same price or even less than a 490 on ebay. That's what I did.

And yes the hover distance on the 480 is glorious.
The Gambler

SirOxorsid wrote:

If you actually live in the US you can very easily find a good 480 online for around the same price or even less than a 490 on ebay. That's what I did.

Perfect for mablets actually :)
Disillusionz

The Gambler wrote:

SirOxorsid wrote:

Perfect for mablets actually :)
Oh lord I had to check out your vid to see what you were talking about, that gave me quite a laugh XD Not sure how i'd feel about sacrificing a good mouse like that though...