forum

Improving For Mouse Players!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlipSide82
Ways To Improve For Mouse Players!!
Improvements Like - Accuracy, Jumping, etc.

1.Be sure to have a good computer with no lag because lag will RUIN the fun of osu! and it won't be fun playing with lag.
-In order to fix the lag, go to settings and make sure you hover over the option and if it says anything about "shutting it off or turning it off will improve performance if you have a low-end pc.
2.Practice on 1 star maps, then once you get the hang of 1 star maps, you start to build up from there.
-Recommendation - Go to beatmaps and just find any song with E,N,H, etc. (E = Easy) (N = Normal) (H = Hard) and so on.
3.Don't farm for pp!! Let the pp come to you!!!
-Just play and practice songs with mods like dt, hr, fl , etc.
4.If you miss a note its alright just keep playing the song because it helps you recognize the notes and where to hit them so that it will be easier for you!! :D
-DO NOT RETRY IF YOU MISS ALOT!!! ONLY RETRY IF YOU FAIL THE SONG!!!

That is all I have for mouse players because that's how I been doing jumps and keeping up with songs on insane and X levels.
If You See me online Say HI!!!!! :D

Im a Mouse player with keyboard, it can take some time to build up your level, pp, and accuracy, but do not worry because all you need is PATIENT!!!! And This game is all about HAVING FUNN!!!! 8-) :D
Sandy Hoey
Hmm, I wonder if any of this applies to tablet users :thinking:
peachy_rose
thanks for the advice! ;) ;) ;)
Topic Starter
FlipSide82

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if any of this applies to tablet users :thinking:
I never tried tablet , but idk if it does work for tablet user, i assume that it could work if they practice alot, but might not be true just assuming. And nice Account!!! :)
Sorun
I've read that this routine can make you SS any map in one play. Thoughts?

100 Push-Ups
100 Sit-Ups
100 Squats
10KM Run
KupcaH
Instructions unclear, dick stuck in microwave.
Topic Starter
FlipSide82

KupcaH wrote:

Lol read em again carefully then you will understand it much better
Topic Starter
FlipSide82

Sorun wrote:

I've read that this routine can make you SS any map in one play. Thoughts?

100 Push-Ups
100 Sit-Ups
100 Squats
10KM Run

U can SS any map on one try but depends on your aim but the more better, the more you can hit s or SS
gamestonk
I would probably say you definitely shouldn't be using FL unless you're just playing for fun at a low rank. Same goes for DT tbh. I feel like mods are just a trap to build bad habits at low rank. Then again I'm bad so I could be wrong.

Definitely don't play FL tho
extravagance
i really dont use mods because i feel like they rek my acc. ill use HD once in a while but thats it lmao
ManuelOsuPlayer

FlipSide82 wrote:

Ways To Improve For Mouse Players!!
Improvements Like - Accuracy, Jumping, etc.

1.Be sure to have a good computer with no lag because lag will RUIN the fun of osu! and it won't be fun playing with lag.
-In order to fix the lag, go to settings and make sure you hover over the option and if it says anything about "shutting it off or turning it off will improve performance if you have a low-end pc.
2.Practice on 1 star maps, then once you get the hang of 1 star maps, you start to build up from there.
-Recommendation - Go to beatmaps and just find any song with E,N,H, etc. (E = Easy) (N = Normal) (H = Hard) and so on.
3.Don't farm for pp!! Let the pp come to you!!!
-Just play and practice songs with mods like dt, hr, fl , etc.
4.If you miss a note its alright just keep playing the song because it helps you recognize the notes and where to hit them so that it will be easier for you!! :D
-DO NOT RETRY IF YOU MISS ALOT!!! ONLY RETRY IF YOU FAIL THE SONG!!!

That is all I have for mouse players because that's how I been doing jumps and keeping up with songs on insane and X levels.
If You See me online Say HI!!!!! :D

Im a Mouse player with keyboard, it can take some time to build up your level, pp, and accuracy, but do not worry because all you need is PATIENT!!!! And This game is all about HAVING FUNN!!!! 8-) :D
Good advices. I agree.
Just add retry it's good if you build good habits doing it, instead repeat the same issues once and once due to frustration and low focus on the same patterns where you miss. Also it's good to learn basic things, for example to do triples properly.
Also FL mod it's really bad for improvment if you don't play it on songs where you can totally read even with it. Because make you do tons of useless movements searching for circles instead go to those circles directly.
Disillusionz
Good tips, however this doesn't apply to tablet users at all. If I may, I'd like to add some ideal tips for tablet users:

1) A lot of people make the mistake of not using FL mod. These people are doing themselves a disservice. You should play with FL on all the time at the VERY LEAST. Otherwise you are simply wasting your time and you will never improve as a tablet user.
2) The only maps you should play for practice are 10* maps. If you just restart over and over until you FC them, you'll practically guarantee yourself a FC on any 9* or lower map. Feel free to turn on no fail if it makes it easier for you.
3) Farming for pp isn't good, I agree. However, if you aren't practicing on a 10* map, look for maps that say "TV Size", "Anime Size", "Short ver." etc. These maps are generally much harder and the osu community will have far more respect for you if you can manage to FC these.
4) Missing a note is not alright for tablet users. Immediately restart upon a miss, the only good practice is practicing for FC. Mouse users might be able to get away with this but not restarting constantly as a tablet user is just a sin.

KupcaH wrote:

Don't worry! You're doing it right, I was just about to add that as tip #5.
Sandy Hoey

ibi wrote:

i really dont use mods because i feel like they rek my acc. ill use HD once in a while but thats it lmao
Your acc is already wrecked...
Runiel

SirOxorsid wrote:

Good tips, however this doesn't apply to tablet users at all. If I may, I'd like to add some ideal tips for tablet users:

1) A lot of people make the mistake of not using FL mod. These people are doing themselves a disservice. You should play with FL on all the time at the VERY LEAST. Otherwise you are simply wasting your time and you will never improve as a tablet user.
2) The only maps you should play for practice are 10* maps. If you just restart over and over until you FC them, you'll practically guarantee yourself a FC on any 9* or lower map. Feel free to turn on no fail if it makes it easier for you.
3) Farming for pp isn't good, I agree. However, if you aren't practicing on a 10* map, look for maps that say "TV Size", "Anime Size", "Short ver." etc. These maps are generally much harder and the osu community will have far more respect for you if you can manage to FC these.
4) Missing a note is not alright for tablet users. Immediately restart upon a miss, the only good practice is practicing for FC. Mouse users might be able to get away with this but not restarting constantly as a tablet user is just a sin.

KupcaH wrote:

Don't worry! You're doing it right, I was just about to add that as tip #5.
I actually thought you are being genuine when i first read the first one
Fxjlk
I think I can get top 50 now thanks for the tips.
abraker
If anyone is having further issues at becoming better at the game, I am selling these new osu!pills which you can buy here: t/607627
KupcaH

abraker wrote:

If anyone is having further issues at becoming better at the game, I am selling these new osu!pills which you can buy here: t/607627
Don't trust this guy!
Better buy osu!keyboard, 100% accuracy guaranteed!
Nattsun

Sandy Hoey wrote:

ibi wrote:

Your acc is already wrecked...
You are wrecking too :^))))))))

OT: Everyone knows peppy sells FC coins... osu! is pay2win <.<
abraker

Nattsun wrote:

OT: Everyone knows peppy sells FC coins... osu! is pay2win <.<
That's not how it works. We tip peppy or bancho goes down when everybody suddenly FC's Big Black. Bancho has a rough month because we didn't tip peppy enough to FC.
Xayah_DELETED
I used to start this game about 2 and a half months ago as a mouse player and just now got a Tablet gifted by a friend who upgraded his (artist).
On the bright side, I was able to go and at least Pass a few 5* with mouse, and all I did was starting from the bottom as well as focussing on the Song instead of the circles.
KupcaH

TALIYAY wrote:

I used to start this game about 2 and a half months ago as a mouse player and just now got a Tablet gifted by a friend who upgraded his (artist).
On the bright side, I was able to go and at least Pass a few 5* with mouse, and all I did was starting from the bottom as well as focussing on the Song instead of the circles.
nice bump
StephOsu
wtf osu pills brb ordering
N0thingSpecial

TALIYAY wrote:

focussing on the Song instead of the circles.
BUT ITS CLICK THE CIRCLES TO THE BEAT NOT LISTEN TO SONG WHILE CLICK CIRCLES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
StephOsu
just buy osu pills tbh
Deva
wank less