kamome sano - </emotional> [CatchTheBeat|Osu]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ascendance
inverse.png
Bonsai
can you maybe write something useful in the creator's words too, like
who "Fiance" is supposed to be (also, I'm no native, but how exactly does a singular fit to describe the collaboration of apparently two people?)
where that diff has been modded
who made the SB

nobody should have to look through this shitpost-filled thread to find these informations just because you like to meme

and please don't give kudosu to a post that clearly doesn't deserve it.
Topic Starter
Girl

Bonsai wrote:

who "Fiance" is supposed to be (also, I'm no native, but how exactly does a singular fit to describe the collaboration of apparently two people?)
who made the SB

nobody should have to look through this shitpost-filled thread to find these informations just because you like to meme

someone is making a banner for all the information and that kudosu was a miss-click
Ascendance

Bonsai wrote:

who made the SB

Fiance = Myself and Fii (No deeper meaning :p)
Our diff was modded on my own set and was bubbled there. When I was restricted, I moved it to this set and decided to keep it here cause why not

Thanks for your concern :P

Edit:

Reasoning for the popped bubble was to enable Widescreen and Epilepsy Warning on my diff, should be ok to directly qualify, sorry about the issue (I didn't even know the storyboard was finally here)
Bonsai

Girl wrote:

someone is making a banner for all the information and that kudosu was a miss-click
I see, maybe get that done before it enters the ranking process next time tho :P

Ascendance wrote:

Fiance = Myself and Fii (No deeper meaning :p)
Our diff was modded on my own set and was bubbled there. When I was restricted, I moved it to this set and decided to keep it here cause why not

Thanks for your concern :P
oh yeah I've read that, but I mean "Fiance" is a singular word while you are two people, right? why not use "Fiances" instead? o:
and I've seen Monstrata's post too, my actual point was that usually you link the original mapset (see here for example) so that people can easily keep track of that

one more thing (sorry for being so much of a pain here rn lol), I assume "Kaitlin" is one of Fii's old usernames, right? As far as I've seen not a single map has been submitted under that name so I don't really think anyone would search that when looking for her maps, while there actually is an active account of that name now, would be kinda shitty if that person became a mapper someday and has all those unrelated maps showing up for their username lol
I see that she got that added to previous maps too, but is there any actual necessity for that?   : \
Ascendance
You're technically right. Fiance is definitely considered a singular entity in English, but we decided on this name as mostly a play on words. Fiances doesn't exactly make sense, as there is no true "pair" of fiance. In French, fiancé is for a man who is engaged, while fiancée corresponds to the woman. When you refer to two people who are engaged, you usually call them individually by that, or just "engaged". (If you wanna read more about the specifics, you can have a look here: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fianc%C3%A9).
Very old chat logs from our first ever collab name
2016-03-17 18:59 Ascendance: for highest diff, custom diff name? or something else
2016-03-17 19:00 Fii: How the hell can we combine Ascendance and Fii
2016-03-17 19:00 Fii: Fiance
2016-03-17 19:00 Ascendance: LOL

Old mapset is here for those who desire to see old mods or whatnot: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/522123

As for the last thing, I regret to inform you that when she quit osu! around a month ago, she deleted all of her mapsets. Every one. The old mapsets had some that were submitted under her old name(s), either Kaitlin or Fii, and all of her ranked maps or gds reflect their previous names.

Hopefully this explains it a bit more, I know it's a bit odd but yeah! If you have more questions feel free to ask, it can be pretty confusing for people who don't know the entirety of her and I xd
Storyboarder
y'all thots begone
ZiRoX
Placing a manual bubble pop, since Monstrata can't nominate this map without me agreeing to it as I popped his bubble on the catch-only set (p/6068949 for bubble, p/6069342 for bubble pop). I haven't lifted my veto as I haven't had time to recheck it since Ascendance came back from the dead.
Ascendance
Empire Strikes Back
ZiRoX
Discussed some patterns with Ascendance on Discord. However, the veto stays as the SB is clearly not ready. As a personal opinion, the circle thing during the last Kiai is terribly annoying during gameplay, as it obscures visibility of the catcher. In any case - and should you want to keep it - the movement of the circle is noticeable off from the actual movement required to get the fruits, as can be seen in the following snapshots:
Ascendance
Sent the update to Girl on discord with the appropriate pattern fixes we discussed
Depths
bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu
Xinnoh
can i just ask a couple questions about sb?
00:00:871 (1) - Why is there four BGs being loaded? The SB load is well above what it needs to be
pls
only the black image is visible
Is it not possible to fade out BGs when they're not being used so that the load isn't always over 5x during the calmest part of the song?
Also, pretty much all elements have tonnes of background transparency that could be removed. I get that they're being made to be the same size as the bg, but is it hard to set the sprite's location?
I'm not as experienced with sb so I won't push that further

Catharsis
00:35:008 (3,1) - There really shouldn't be hypers here. It's by far the quietest part of the song and really shouldn't have anything but walks, especially compared to the fact that no hypers were used in the louder section before-hand. Yes it's a collab but that still means you should follow the ideas of the section before.
02:01:560 (1) - why is there even a finish on 3, the piano is on a different snap, a different hitsound would be better, it's not even the dominant instrument, it's not the same volume as the rest of the music, the mapping doesn't follow it, it's inconsistent with the players expectations, tldr bad idea
03:51:215 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern does not remotely follow the music, do something like 04:57:422 (1) -
04:14:664 (1) - there is literally no emphasis given to the start of the kiai section because the jump pattern is identical to the previous one. Increase distance.
05:09:491 (3) - Many combos will break here because circular flow was broken
05:20:181 (1,2,3,4,1) - pp jumps is probably the most unfitting ending possible tbh
only pointing out major issues since you prefer to rank stuff with as little effort as possible
Storyboarder

Sinnoh wrote:

00:00:871 (1) - Why is there four BGs being loaded? The SB load is well above what it needs to be

Sinnoh wrote:

Also, pretty much all elements have tonnes of background transparency that could be removed. I get that they're being made to be the same size as the bg, but is it hard to set the sprite's location?
Fixed once Girl updates the mapset. Thanks!
Ascendance

Sinnoh wrote:

Catharsis
00:35:008 (3,1) - There really shouldn't be hypers here. It's by far the quietest part of the song and really shouldn't have anything but walks, especially compared to the fact that no hypers were used in the louder section before-hand. Yes it's a collab but that still means you should follow the ideas of the section before. I have to disagree here. One of the beauties of a collab difficulty is the fact that you can see two different styles or representations of a song shine through in one difficulty, really calling on the contrast between the ideas of two mappers. While I don't necessarily disagree with you, I think it would be wrong to say that she or I must adhere to what the other does. It's simply a clash of two different styles, and I believe the hypers accentuate the vocal downbeats quite nicely.
02:01:560 (1) - why is there even a finish on 3, the piano is on a different snap, a different hitsound would be better, it's not even the dominant instrument, it's not the same volume as the rest of the music, the mapping doesn't follow it, it's inconsistent with the players expectations, tldr bad idea Fine idea, the pattern is 1,2,3,4 where 1 and 3 are strong beats that are brought out while 2 and 4 are supportive beats that transition into 02:02:250 (1) -
03:51:215 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern does not remotely follow the music, do something like 04:57:422 (1) - There's drum hits here though, with the pattern repeating twice (second downbeat is on 03:51:560 - with that pixely noise). Plus, the two parts are mapped by different people, so it's just a different representation
04:14:664 (1) - there is literally no emphasis given to the start of the kiai section because the jump pattern is identical to the previous one. Increase distance. lol ok
05:09:491 (3) - Many combos will break here because circular flow was broken It's 3 notes with 1/1 gaps, if you break here you either don't have eyes or you can't play cups
05:20:181 (1,2,3,4,1) - pp jumps is probably the most unfitting ending possible tbh They aren't even pp, they reflect the song quite nicely as well. The song isn't calling for anything intense here so why should I make something that would be off-putting or awkward for the player?
only pointing out major issues since you prefer to rank stuff with as little effort as possible Kinda rude tbh, if I ranked things with such little effort, I wouldn't be one of the best mappers at the moment, no? But maybe that's subjective B)
Thanks for your time~

Sent the new coordinates to Girl over discord.
Kyouren
Wait, Girl mapping full diff but you only mapping 1/2 part of this song, that should be unrankable because the guest mapper made full diff than the uploader? t/358506/start=30
Topic Starter
Girl

KittyAdventure wrote:

Wait, Girl mapping full diff but you only mapping 1/2 part of this song, that should be unrankable because the guest mapper made full diff than the uploader? t/358506/start=30
I'm not the guest mapper wtf
Storyboarder
im the guest mapper
- Frontier -

KittyAdventure wrote:

Doormat
had an irc mod with Girl regarding the standard diff; we changed the pattern at 00:06:043 - since it sounds more like a 1/3 snap than a 1/8 snap. other than that, the standard diff looks fine to me.

regarding the storyboard, i took a look at what ZiRoX pointed out and can confirm that changes have been made so that the circle during the last kiai no longer shows up for the ctb diff, and therefore should no longer be distracting to players. the rest of the storyboard is also fine in my opinion.

however, since ZiRoX's veto on the ctb diff still stands, i don't think it would be wise for me to go ahead and bubble the set as is. i'll get into contact with some ctb bns and see what they think before i go any further, so starring for now.
Topic Starter
Girl
=-]
Kyouren
Oh my god, i don't see it! Sorry xD
jabronski
bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-sb
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
u go dude holy shit
Topic Starter
Girl
so uhhhhhhhh whats happening with ctb
Sc4v4ng3r
afhpodsfhdnsfpaohf sorry for late, doormat asked me to check this so here I am

[Catharsis]
  1. 01:22:077 (7,1) - 01:27:595 (5,1) - I really don't hear anything significant changing in the song here, the only thing which is implicitly shown is the build-up to the next bass drop, which if these are trying to emphasize, is doing it wrong. For how repetitive the sound gets in this section I would rather make them just walks but if you want to add some hypers you could add some towards the end of the section (like at 01:26:301 (8,1) - , not at 01:23:457 (5,1) - ) for build-up.
  2. 03:00:008 (3,1) - Being the calm part of the song, this hyper somehow still has higher than average distance on it. It's not even the chorus yet, so this really doesn't make the mood feel right. Would highly recommend to reduce the distance, same goes for 03:02:767 (3,1) - (did you copypasta)
  3. 04:47:767 (1,2,3,4) - Only double 1/4 hyper that's in this section(including the previous chorus), it's an odd one out compared to 03:58:112 (1,2) - and similar others. It's not too uncomfortable to play, sure, but it being not consistent can throw players off. Would make a hyper only to (3) instead for simplicity.
Honestly I don't see any critical flaws in the map. Movement matches the song well imo and other issues are very minor that it will just be overshadowed during play, so the ctb diffs should be fine.
Ascendance
I'll fix it sunday don't touch don't touch
Dea ex machina
Seeing as how these are all mods for my sections, I'll be applying the mods.

Sc4v4ng3r wrote:

[Catharsis]
  1. 01:22:077 (7,1) - 01:27:595 (5,1) - I really don't hear anything significant changing in the song here, the only thing which is implicitly shown is the build-up to the next bass drop, which if these are trying to emphasize, is doing it wrong. For how repetitive the sound gets in this section I would rather make them just walks but if you want to add some hypers you could add some towards the end of the section (like at 01:26:301 (8,1) - , not at 01:23:457 (5,1) - ) for build-up. I agree with this. I've made everything walkable.
  2. 03:00:008 (3,1) - Being the calm part of the song, this hyper somehow still has higher than average distance on it. It's not even the chorus yet, so this really doesn't make the mood feel right. Would highly recommend to reduce the distance, same goes for 03:02:767 (3,1) - (did you copypasta) Reduced distance for both jumps
  3. 04:47:767 (1,2,3,4) - Only double 1/4 hyper that's in this section(including the previous chorus), it's an odd one out compared to 03:58:112 (1,2) - and similar others. It's not too uncomfortable to play, sure, but it being not consistent can throw players off. Would make a hyper only to (3) instead for simplicity. Done!
Honestly I don't see any critical flaws in the map. Movement matches the song well imo and other issues are very minor that it will just be overshadowed during play, so the ctb diffs should be fine.
Thanks for the mod!
updated diff sent to Girl via pm
Ascendance
I knew they taught english in Canada, but what's the issue with basic reading comprehension lol
Dea ex machina

Ascendance wrote:

I knew they taught english in Canada, but what's the issue with basic reading comprehension lol
Common sense would suggest mods directed to me should be applied by me. Whether or not I have given you permission in the past to apply mods for me should have zero impact on my right to revoke that request and apply mods myself at any given time.

That being said, take note that from this point forward I will be applying mods for my sections on my own.
Ascendance
bold italic underline

edit: I don't really want to work with someone who feels entitled to just come back and pick up credit after I've done most of the hard work. The mapset was left to me so I intend to keep it as such. Like, when you give away an item to charity, you can't just say "well oh it was mine originally so it's still mine". If you don't like that, you can suggest for me to remove all your parts and I'll map them myself, to avoid conflict.
Ascendance

Sc4v4ng3r wrote:

[Catharsis]
  1. 01:22:077 (7,1) - 01:27:595 (5,1) - I really don't hear anything significant changing in the song here, the only thing which is implicitly shown is the build-up to the next bass drop, which if these are trying to emphasize, is doing it wrong. For how repetitive the sound gets in this section I would rather make them just walks but if you want to add some hypers you could add some towards the end of the section (like at 01:26:301 (8,1) - , not at 01:23:457 (5,1) - ) for build-up. I've adjusted them appropriately as you suggested~
  2. 03:00:008 (3,1) - Being the calm part of the song, this hyper somehow still has higher than average distance on it. It's not even the chorus yet, so this really doesn't make the mood feel right. Would highly recommend to reduce the distance, same goes for 03:02:767 (3,1) - (did you copypasta) Seems like the person in question did indeed copypaste it, so I've fixed it accordingly~
  3. 04:47:767 (1,2,3,4) - Only double 1/4 hyper that's in this section(including the previous chorus), it's an odd one out compared to 03:58:112 (1,2) - and similar others. It's not too uncomfortable to play, sure, but it being not consistent can throw players off. Would make a hyper only to (3) instead for simplicity. Fixed it!
Thank you kindly~

https://puu.sh/wXvmB/cac13b3420.rar
Topic Starter
Girl
updated
AncuL
04:13:974 - i feel that this place is better to put the preview point at
Mamat
Storyboarder: Storyboarder :thinking:
-Sh1n1-

Unused hitsound: drum-hitfinish.wav

Fiance's Catharsis

1. 00:06:244 (7) - is it on purpose? move to 00:06:258 -
  2. from 00:31:215 - to 00:32:508 - why didn't you follow the 1/4 here? I was wonder while testplaying, if this is an overdose, this kind of sounds shouldn't be skipped imo, but yeah, don't add hyperdashes cause you are still on a calm part.
  3. 00:33:284 - this sound definitely doesn't deserve hyperdash, take 00:33:974 - as a reference cause it is the next strong sound and you should mark the difference between such sounds.
  4. I wanna ask you, wich part is more intense? 00:12:250 - or 00:33:974 -? well it's obviously that 00:33:974 - is the calmest part, right? but why your current hyperdashes are showing me the opposite? idk how high vocal pitches work as hyperdashes now while on the previous sections some parts like 00:25:698 - for example, were simple jumps, remove some hyperdashes like 00:35:008 (3,1) - 00:36:560 (3,1) - 00:37:250 (2,3) - 00:37:939 (4,1) - 00:40:698 (4,1) - 00:45:871 (3,1) -
  5. 00:42:939 (3) - keep following 1/4, looks inconsistent with the rest of notes on this section.
  6. 00:50:181 (4,1) - you missed a hyperdash here, this is a good spot to add something interesting.
  7. 01:00:526 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6) - wow this part is perfectly snapped but... it's boring, why everything have the same direction while you could add a movement at 01:00:871 - (some direction change)
  8. 01:10:353 (2,3,4) - it isn't propertly enphasized cause the current transition is too straight, I did some changes and I put the slider-tail of 01:10:353 (2) - to the left of 01:11:733 (3) - and the movement amazing, try it bro.
  9. 01:11:905 (4,5) - nope, remove this hyperdash, first cause the current jump feels forced, second cause 01:12:336 - is similar to 01:11:733 - and you didn't enphasize such jump with hyperdash.
  10. 01:18:112 - this section is the opposite as previous points mentioned on my mod, if you think that my purpose was remove hyperdashes as much as I can, you were wrong, this part lacks of hyperdashes while the instruments are prominent, I wanna suggest you some spots where you can add some hyperdashes: 01:20:871 - 01:26:388 -, if you listen carefully all the ones are working as a beginning of a new stanza same as 01:23:629 -.
  11. 01:28:629 (3,4,5) - mmm hyperdashes are totally unnecesaries here, I think you can keep the hyperdash between 01:28:629 (3,4) - but 01:28:802 (4,5) - don't work at all.
  12. 01:38:974 - works muuuuuch better as a simple note rather than slider, confirmed with test.
  13. 01:47:767 - unrankable, more than 16 fruits.
  14. 02:08:112 (3,4,5,6,7) - ouch, too unconfortable while playing, is a faster change of direction with antiflow, it's totally different as 02:09:491 (2,3,4,5) - , I recommend you something like 02:13:802 (3,4) - instead of 02:08:284 (4,5,6) - to give a little rest and catch the next fruit without troubles.
  15. 02:24:606 (2) - wtf bro, idk what are you following, I'll consider it as unsnapped.
  16. 02:45:871 (2,3) - no hyperdash cause I can't hear something prominent that deserve it, 02:45:957 - understandable cause drums but 02:46:043 - no.
  17. 03:54:664 - NC pls, you really love the risk
  18. 04:13:974 (1,1,1,1) - fruit bounces on the plate, nice fountain effect, I really like it.
  19. 04:46:301 (6,1,2) - you are a savage, if you wanna keep both hyperdashes I recommend you something like 04:45:181 (2,3,4,5) - but you will have problems with this one, you know how is this community bro.
  20. 04:49:836 (1,2,3) - I really hate this patterns from chronoxia and you wanna use it too? please, no bro, I beg you, also 04:49:836 (1,2,3) - it's too fast, totally different as 01:56:043 (1,2,3) - wich is more confortable at gameplay, up to you.

That's all from me, call me back to appled, then Doormat can bubble this, wtf, you are so lucky today :3
Ascendance
Don't touch means don't touch, I'll reply in the morning

-Sh1n1- wrote:

Unused hitsound: drum-hitfinish.wav

Fiance's Catharsis

1. 00:06:244 (7) - is it on purpose? move to 00:06:258 - I remember it being there for a reason but now I fixed it I guess
  2. from 00:31:215 - to 00:32:508 - why didn't you follow the 1/4 here? I was wonder while testplaying, if this is an overdose, this kind of sounds shouldn't be skipped imo, but yeah, don't add hyperdashes cause you are still on a calm part. Keeping this because I want to continue bringing out the "vocal" parts here. Also this part of the song is pretty calm so ye
  3. 00:33:284 - this sound definitely doesn't deserve hyperdash, take 00:33:974 - as a reference cause it is the next strong sound and you should mark the difference between such sounds. Agreed, fixed.
  4. I wanna ask you, wich part is more intense? 00:12:250 - or 00:33:974 -? well it's obviously that 00:33:974 - is the calmest part, right? but why your current hyperdashes are showing me the opposite? idk how high vocal pitches work as hyperdashes now while on the previous sections some parts like 00:25:698 - for example, were simple jumps, remove some hyperdashes like 00:35:008 (3,1) - 00:36:560 (3,1) - 00:37:250 (2,3) - 00:37:939 (4,1) - 00:40:698 (4,1) - 00:45:871 (3,1) - I didn't remove hyperdashes, but instead I made them a LOT shorter
  5. 00:42:939 (3) - keep following 1/4, looks inconsistent with the rest of notes on this section. Vocal emphasis
  6. 00:50:181 (4,1) - you missed a hyperdash here, this is a good spot to add something interesting. Added
  7. 01:00:526 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6) - wow this part is perfectly snapped but... it's boring, why everything have the same direction while you could add a movement at 01:00:871 - (some direction change) I tried lol
  8. 01:10:353 (2,3,4) - it isn't propertly enphasized cause the current transition is too straight, I did some changes and I put the slider-tail of 01:10:353 (2) - to the left of 01:11:733 (3) - and the movement amazing, try it bro. Good idea, fixed!
  9. 01:11:905 (4,5) - nope, remove this hyperdash, first cause the current jump feels forced, second cause 01:12:336 - is similar to 01:11:733 - and you didn't enphasize such jump with hyperdash. That one actually used to be a hyperdash but yeah, I actually like this pattern and I think the emphasis is okay on such strong downbeats.
  10. 01:18:112 - this section is the opposite as previous points mentioned on my mod, if you think that my purpose was remove hyperdashes as much as I can, you were wrong, this part lacks of hyperdashes while the instruments are prominent, I wanna suggest you some spots where you can add some hyperdashes: 01:20:871 - 01:26:388 -, if you listen carefully all the ones are working as a beginning of a new stanza same as 01:23:629 -. Added some
  11. 01:28:629 (3,4,5) - mmm hyperdashes are totally unnecesaries here, I think you can keep the hyperdash between 01:28:629 (3,4) - but 01:28:802 (4,5) - don't work at all. I explained it in an earlier mod, but I think that the hypers here for buildup are pretty good
  12. 01:38:974 - works muuuuuch better as a simple note rather than slider, confirmed with test. good
  13. 01:47:767 - unrankable, more than 16 fruits. Whoops, forgot to add a NC
  14. 02:08:112 (3,4,5,6,7) - ouch, too unconfortable while playing, is a faster change of direction with antiflow, it's totally different as 02:09:491 (2,3,4,5) - , I recommend you something like 02:13:802 (3,4) - instead of 02:08:284 (4,5,6) - to give a little rest and catch the next fruit without troubles. Did something a bit different
  15. 02:24:606 (2) - wtf bro, idk what are you following, I'll consider it as unsnapped. Nice catch, moved it back to 1/4
  16. 02:45:871 (2,3) - no hyperdash cause I can't hear something prominent that deserve it, 02:45:957 - understandable cause drums but 02:46:043 - no. Removed!
  17. 03:54:664 - NC pls, you really love the risk NC'd
  18. 04:13:974 (1,1,1,1) - fruit bounces on the plate, nice fountain effect, I really like it. <3
  19. 04:46:301 (6,1,2) - you are a savage, if you wanna keep both hyperdashes I recommend you something like 04:45:181 (2,3,4,5) - but you will have problems with this one, you know how is this community bro. Let's see how it goes :D
  20. 04:49:836 (1,2,3) - I really hate this patterns from chronoxia and you wanna use it too? please, no bro, I beg you, also 04:49:836 (1,2,3) - it's too fast, totally different as 01:56:043 (1,2,3) - wich is more confortable at gameplay, up to you. Fixed it up a bit!

That's all from me, call me back to appled, then Doormat can bubble this, wtf, you are so lucky today :3
Thanks so much for all your help~

https://puu.sh/x5Q8v/59c6c46e70.rar
Ideal
bubububububububbled soon
Topic Starter
Girl
Updated~ Thanks for the mods
-Sh1n1-
Well everything looks fine now, ctb is ready to go!
show more