forum

Toyama Nao - Ima Koko

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Aerith-
Eyy ~~ I Got some good wallpaper for your beatmap as your request on my queue oh ! and You can choose the wallpaper [ ^_^ ]

Topic Starter
Dubturt

-Aerith- wrote:

Eyy ~~ I Got some good wallpaper for your beatmap as your request on my queue oh ! and You can choose the wallpaper [ ^_^ ]

thanks o7
Kuro Fuyusaki
Heya from my mod queue~

Mod
[General]
  1. Change the BG if you could (like character or scenery) It seems to be changed already, never mind.
  2. 00:25:984 - till 00:39:698 - It would be good if you could reduce the intensify of clap (snare drum in this case) HS in all diff (the sound seems awkward especially in less space at easy diff such as 00:29:412 - till 00:32:841 - . You can place clap in every 4 beat instead of 2)
[Easy]
  1. Note that almost all of the suggestion is personal preference
  2. 00:03:698 (5) - exceed the slider to 00:04:341 - , there's no beat in it's current end point. also, tbh the first beat end at blue tick that's at 00:04:020 - but it seems awkward to make it shorter, so prefer prolong it.
  3. 00:08:841 (1) - prolong the spinner to 00:10:555 - where the music is shutting down rather than when the vocal stopped, just to make it a bit easier and lower the volume at that point (lowest to be safe).
  4. 00:41:412 (4,5) - you could the 00:42:270 (5) - slider and make the 00:41:412 (4) - like this for the sake of variation so the map doesn't seem too monotone. It also emphasis with the vocal
  5. 00:56:841 - 00:59:841 - 00:59:841 - 01:03:698 - 01:03:698 - 01:10:555 - 01:10:555 - 01:17:412 - please do something about this...it's utter dominant beat and seems to be ignored. Well, it's okay for some part to be emptied, but at least fill 3-5 of them
  6. 01:21:270 (2) - delete it for breather after kiai
  7. 01:22:984 (5) - ^
  8. 01:23:412 (6) - prolong the slider to 01:24:270 - so it follows the guitar. After that move the spinner to 01:24:484 - and prolong it to 01:29:412 - (don't forget to lower the volume at the end of spinner point)
[Normal]
  1. Quick glance, it doesn't seem contain many error, but i really can't tell the distinct variation of instrumental beat or vocal that you're following. (or i just suck)
  2. 00:41:412 (1) - widen it 1 tick, so it could emphasize with vocal, like
  3. I can't make a good suggestion, so will skip this diff, sry.
[Hard]
  1. Hmmm... Did you use random DS?
  2. 00:02:841 (2,3) - could you place it a bit higher instead, such as x:246 y:123, doesn't seem flow well with the delay from previous slider
  3. 00:26:841 (4,5) - mind the DS, its distance is rather confusing to differentiate 1/4 or 1/2 beat divisor.....umm, basically, exceed the DS
  4. 00:30:698 (5,1) - ^
  5. 01:24:270 (1) - same case with slider at Easy diff
  6. 00:57:484 (3,5,7) - make it symmetrically? for the sake of decent pattern
  7. 01:20:841 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - personal opinion, make it simpler and impactless for breather after kiai
[Insane]
  1. The HS placing is really inconsistent
  2. The SV range between Verse and Chorus seems significantly small. You could widen the range if you want so it could make a distinct change between them.
  3. 00:23:412 (4,5,6,7) - make the DS same
  4. 00:36:484 (2,3) - the upbeat was placed down at end point of slider. Ctrl+G so it could flow better, emphasizing with guitar. The placing is up to you
  5. 00:41:627 (2,3) - ^ emphasizing with vocal
Much of them about technical stuff, playing with different gear so can't judge further

Regardless, hope it helps~
MagicDragon
modqueue post
will do all 4 diffs because there wasn't much to say about easy and normal
there is a lot of stuff to process in the insane diff mod so take it slow and don't feel the need to respond to everything in one session

also i did this over the course of like a day so you might have changed some things already

main focus will be rhythm choice as well as suggestions for your workflow on the early difficulties, and then choice of emphasis on the harder ones

mod
general: something you can do to keep visuals as similar as possible is to make use of the copy-paste and other keyboard functions to keep your map's design consistent
take this part from your easy - 01:11:841 (2,3) - the two sliders have slightly different placement of the middle "curve point" and that makes them look slightly different
if you copy the first slider, paste it, flip it vertically with ctrl+j, and then put it into place, it will look exactly the same but mirrored. this helps a lot on lower difficulties where visual design is more obvious and more important (imo)
it would probably be really helpful to look at all of the various options in the top menu bar, particularly the ones in the edit tab:

if you've heard this before and just don't want to, thats also cool, that's just my opinion on mapping.

easy: overall pretty solid but there are some minor inconsistencies and other things
00:08:841 (1) - technically spinners are supposed to be 4 beats long in easy difficulties unless justified to be shorter. this isn't a big deal because it looks justified, but if you're going for rank you may need to point out that the song is a bit slower than most songs and it's most appropriate to end it where you did
00:12:270 (1,2,3,4,5) - i like that you repeat this set of 5 objects, but there is a longer guitar sound that starts on the beginning of every measure in this section
it makes more sense to have a clickable object - either the start of a slider or a circle - on each big white tick in this section.
you do the same thing twice more in that section - 00:16:984 (3) and 00:20:412 (3)

normal:00:10:341 (1) - really not sure about this spinner. most of it goes over complete silence, and it ends half of a beat before an important sound. at the very least it should end on the white tick (like it does in your other diffs), but probably just be deleted and replaced with a couple of circles

00:48:270 (1) - this doesn't really follow anything too well, and it feels like you were going for this kind of rhythm, which follows the piano:

hard: 00:01:127 (2) - here and some other places it feels like it would be more apropriate to just have circle or two circles rather than a slider - that particular word sounds like it's cut short and a circle represents that better
this sort of goes more into my own opinions on mapping and how vocal stress influences object choice
00:27:270 (5), 00:30:698 (5), 00:34:127 (5), things like that, consider splitting into 2 circles (or maybe you prefer what you already did)
00:33:270 (2,3) you could make into a single slider
basically focus a tiny bit more on trying to map the major voice sounds with clickable objects (and sometimes slider ends or reverses but mainly circles and slider heads) - you do a lot of this but it's not quite as consistent as it could be. those are the main ones i noticed, but try looking through and seeing if there are any others that could fit that pattern

00:02:841 (2,3) - these feel like they were shifted back a half step by accident. i know there's a piano sound on the head of 2, but the vocal falls on the red tick before the head of 2 as well as the tail of 2, and there aren't any sounds associated with 3. also the spacing looks like it was supposed to be the way i described

00:05:198 (3,4,1) - a bunch of other triples during more intense sections are stacked, but this one isn't. it would make more sense to stack these as well
00:59:841 (8,9,10) - this section makes more sense having the triples spaced out a bit because it's the kiai

00:10:555 (1) - same problem from the normal with the spinner over nothing, but this time at least it ends at the right time - should still probably just be a circle though

00:27:698 (1,2), 00:34:555 (1,2) - these two places and a few others the singer uses a different rhythm than what you mapped, it's on the blue and red ticks like this:

00:02:841 (2,3) - same rhythm
00:48:270 (1,2,3,4,5) - this gets the right rhythm, but is difficult to play because you haven't introduced that rhythm yet. if you do a repeating slider for the first time or times you use that rhythm it will become more obvious what you need to do for that section

01:24:270 (1) - could be a bit longer

insane: the big problem that i had is that a lot of the object placement choice seems "weak" - i'll have to write quite a bit to explain this, but i'll try to keep the lenght down a bit.
there are a lot of things that go into designing what kind of objects you use and how you use them. generally pretty good at chosing objects based on the timing of sounds.
there's also the type of sound - a lot of really high-difficulty songs, particularly crazy electronic music, uses strange slider velocity changes or shapes for strange sounds. since this is just a normal song and doesn't have really weird sounds you don't really need to worry about that
another thing people worry about is how they place objects. in some places you do this really well, like this stream-and-slider combination: 00:12:270 (1,2,3,4,5). sometimes people space apart more intense parts of the song more than calmer parts of the song, which you do pretty good too - 00:08:412 (4,1,2,3) is calmer and has easier-to-play spacing than 00:58:770 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8), for example.
but, there are more advanced ways of using this idea. for example, this section right here could use a more special type of spacing to make it more accurately follow the music: 01:15:698 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
there is a drum sound on 1, 3, 6, and 8 but not on 2 or 7. a lot of mappers would increase the space before you are clicking on a sound that has a strong sound like a drum beat on it.
i can't tell if you tried to do this or not, because the spacing is slightly different, but it's not different enough to really have that really strong impact on the drum sound that would influence the player's experience. look at the difference:

that's just one example where you could change object placement slightly and it would make the map feel much more closely related to the music
there are a load of other ways you can choose to emphasize things, but this suggestion alone, make the circles with the drum beats on them further away and the circles without them closer, is going to require a lot of change and i don't want to overload you or force you to start mapping too close to my own style

general things for the same map:

00:02:841 (2,3) - again these are off by a half a beat, they should be on the red tick before, not the white ticks they are on now.

00:10:555 (1,1) - i now see what you were trying to do with the spinner in the normal difficulty - i think having the spinner is a mistake because the silence shouldn't be emphasized in that way, but you should keep the circle

00:30:912 (7,1) - you use this "circle on slider end, then go back to slider head" thing a couple of times, and i often like it, but i feel like having it in this map is a bit too difficult to read and technical for the map, consider making it a regular circle not placed at the tail end of the slider.
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Kuro Fuyusaki wrote:

Heya from my mod queue~

Mod
[General]
  1. Change the BG if you could (like character or scenery) It seems to be changed already, never mind.
  2. 00:25:984 - till 00:39:698 - It would be good if you could reduce the intensify of clap (snare drum in this case) HS in all diff (the sound seems awkward especially in less space at easy diff such as 00:29:412 - till 00:32:841 - . You can place clap in every 4 beat instead of 2) - guess ill try it not sure if it will be final, but im sure that i need to lower its volume
[Easy]
  1. Note that almost all of the suggestion is personal preference
  2. 00:03:698 (5) - exceed the slider to 00:04:341 - , there's no beat in it's current end point. also, tbh the first beat end at blue tick that's at 00:04:020 - but it seems awkward to make it shorter, so prefer prolong it. -fixed prolonged to red tick
  3. 00:08:841 (1) - prolong the spinner to 00:10:555 - where the music is shutting down rather than when the vocal stopped, just to make it a bit easier and lower the volume at that point (lowest to be safe).-thank you for this suggestion
  4. 00:41:412 (4,5) - you could the 00:42:270 (5) - slider and make the 00:41:412 (4) - like this for the sake of variation so the map doesn't seem too monotone. It also emphasis with the vocal -ill keep it this way for now, if i do that it will break flow of where i want the movement to go
  5. 00:56:841 - 00:59:841 - 00:59:841 - 01:03:698 - 01:03:698 - 01:10:555 - 01:10:555 - 01:17:412 - please do something about this...it's utter dominant beat and seems to be ignored. Well, it's okay for some part to be emptied, but at least fill 3-5 of them -ill do what i can
  6. 01:21:270 (2) - delete it for breather after kiai -thanks for this
  7. 01:22:984 (5) - ^
  8. 01:23:412 (6) - prolong the slider to 01:24:270 - so it follows the guitar. After that move the spinner to 01:24:484 - and prolong it to 01:29:412 - (don't forget to lower the volume at the end of spinner point)
- didnt prolong until 01:29:412 cause long spinners and its fine anyway, but i did what you recommended

[Normal]
  1. Quick glance, it doesn't seem contain many error, but i really can't tell the distinct variation of instrumental beat or vocal that you're following. (or i just suck)
  2. 00:41:412 (1) - widen it 1 tick, so it could emphasize with vocal, like -oh it sounds better
  3. I can't make a good suggestion, so will skip this diff, sry.
[Hard]
  1. Hmmm... Did you use random DS? -not random per se, i did varying DS, but i see what you mean, ill fix it
  2. 00:02:841 (2,3) - could you place it a bit higher instead, such as x:246 y:123, doesn't seem flow well with the delay from previous slider -umm your coordinates are wrongg but ill still distance it
  3. 00:26:841 (4,5) - mind the DS, its distance is rather confusing to differentiate 1/4 or 1/2 beat divisor.....umm, basically, exceed the DSdone
  4. 00:30:698 (5,1) - ^
  5. 01:24:270 (1) - same case with slider at Easy diff-depends on what ill do for the last part
  6. 00:57:484 (3,5,7) - make it symmetrically? for the sake of decent pattern-fixed
  7. 01:20:841 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - personal opinion, make it simpler and impactless for breather after kiai-try to change
[Insane]
  1. The HS placing is really inconsistent-try to fix
  2. The SV range between Verse and Chorus seems significantly small. You could widen the range if you want so it could make a distinct change between them.-this is fine for me and its comfortable to play with aswell
  3. 00:23:412 (4,5,6,7) - make the DS same-but they are though
  4. 00:36:484 (2,3) - the upbeat was placed down at end point of slider. Ctrl+G so it could flow better, emphasizing with guitar. The placing is up to you-keep for now, cant hear what you mean
  5. 00:41:627 (2,3) - ^ emphasizing with vocal
Much of them about technical stuff, playing with different gear so can't judge further

Regardless, hope it helps~
Topic Starter
Dubturt

MagicDragon wrote:

modqueue post
will do all 4 diffs because there wasn't much to say about easy and normal
there is a lot of stuff to process in the insane diff mod so take it slow and don't feel the need to respond to everything in one session

also i did this over the course of like a day so you might have changed some things already

main focus will be rhythm choice as well as suggestions for your workflow on the early difficulties, and then choice of emphasis on the harder ones

mod
general: something you can do to keep visuals as similar as possible is to make use of the copy-paste and other keyboard functions to keep your map's design consistent
take this part from your easy - 01:11:841 (2,3) - the two sliders have slightly different placement of the middle "curve point" and that makes them look slightly different
if you copy the first slider, paste it, flip it vertically with ctrl+j, and then put it into place, it will look exactly the same but mirrored. this helps a lot on lower difficulties where visual design is more obvious and more important (imo)
it would probably be really helpful to look at all of the various options in the top menu bar, particularly the ones in the edit tab:

if you've heard this before and just don't want to, thats also cool, that's just my opinion on mapping. - I am well aware of editor shortcuts,
im just use to doing things manually.... if it visually looks the same but the structure isnt well ill try and fix that, if its a bothering factor

easy: overall pretty solid but there are some minor inconsistencies and other things
00:08:841 (1) - technically spinners are supposed to be 4 beats long in easy difficulties unless justified to be shorter. this isn't a big deal because it looks justified, but if you're going for rank you may need to point out that the song is a bit slower than most songs and it's most appropriate to end it where you did -this has been adjusted already by a previous update
00:12:270 (1,2,3,4,5) - i like that you repeat this set of 5 objects, but there is a longer guitar sound that starts on the beginning of every measure in this section
it makes more sense to have a clickable object - either the start of a slider or a circle - on each big white tick in this section.
you do the same thing twice more in that section - 00:16:984 (3) and 00:20:412 (3) -ill see what i can do here, thanks for pointing it out

normal:00:10:341 (1) - really not sure about this spinner. most of it goes over complete silence, and it ends half of a beat before an important sound. at the very least it should end on the white tick (like it does in your other diffs), but probably just be deleted and replaced with a couple of circles -regarding this spinner, i'll remove them in N to I

00:48:270 (1) - this doesn't really follow anything too well, and it feels like you were going for this kind of rhythm, which follows the piano:
-oh little whoopsie there, thanks for pointing it out

hard: 00:01:127 (2) - here and some other places it feels like it would be more apropriate to just have circle or two circles rather than a slider - that particular word sounds like it's cut short and a circle represents that better
this sort of goes more into my own opinions on mapping and how vocal stress influences object choice- i see what you mean here
00:27:270 (5), 00:30:698 (5), 00:34:127 (5), things like that, consider splitting into 2 circles (or maybe you prefer what you already did)-im keeping it this way
00:33:270 (2,3) you could make into a single slider-might consider this with other similar parts
basically focus a tiny bit more on trying to map the major voice sounds with clickable objects (and sometimes slider ends or reverses but mainly circles and slider heads) - you do a lot of this but it's not quite as consistent as it could be. those are the main ones i noticed, but try looking through and seeing if there are any others that could fit that pattern

00:02:841 (2,3) - these feel like they were shifted back a half step by accident. i know there's a piano sound on the head of 2, but the vocal falls on the red tick before the head of 2 as well as the tail of 2, and there aren't any sounds associated with 3. also the spacing looks like it was supposed to be the way i described -regarding this, i changed it in a way and made 2 a 1/1 slider

00:05:198 (3,4,1) - a bunch of other triples during more intense sections are stacked, but this one isn't. it would make more sense to stack these as well -i wont make it stack since its not that intense
00:59:841 (8,9,10) - this section makes more sense having the triples spaced out a bit because it's the kiai -this is fine

00:10:555 (1) - same problem from the normal with the spinner over nothing, but this time at least it ends at the right time - should still probably just be a circle though

00:27:698 (1,2), 00:34:555 (1,2) - these two places and a few others the singer uses a different rhythm than what you mapped, it's on the blue and red -doneticks like this:

00:02:841 (2,3) - same rhythm
00:48:270 (1,2,3,4,5) - this gets the right rhythm, but is difficult to play because you haven't introduced that rhythm yet. if you do a repeating slider for the first time or times you use that rhythm it will become more obvious what you need to do for that section -didnt make it a triple anymore

01:24:270 (1) - could be a bit longer

insane: the big problem that i had is that a lot of the object placement choice seems "weak" - i'll have to write quite a bit to explain this, but i'll try to keep the lenght down a bit.
there are a lot of things that go into designing what kind of objects you use and how you use them. generally pretty good at chosing objects based on the timing of sounds.
there's also the type of sound - a lot of really high-difficulty songs, particularly crazy electronic music, uses strange slider velocity changes or shapes for strange sounds. since this is just a normal song and doesn't have really weird sounds you don't really need to worry about that
another thing people worry about is how they place objects. in some places you do this really well, like this stream-and-slider combination: 00:12:270 (1,2,3,4,5). sometimes people space apart more intense parts of the song more than calmer parts of the song, which you do pretty good too - 00:08:412 (4,1,2,3) is calmer and has easier-to-play spacing than 00:58:770 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8), for example.
but, there are more advanced ways of using this idea. for example, this section right here could use a more special type of spacing to make it more accurately follow the music: 01:15:698 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
there is a drum sound on 1, 3, 6, and 8 but not on 2 or 7. a lot of mappers would increase the space before you are clicking on a sound that has a strong sound like a drum beat on it.
i can't tell if you tried to do this or not, because the spacing is slightly different, but it's not different enough to really have that really strong impact on the drum sound that would influence the player's experience. look at the difference:

that's just one example where you could change object placement slightly and it would make the map feel much more closely related to the music
there are a load of other ways you can choose to emphasize things, but this suggestion alone, make the circles with the drum beats on them further away and the circles without them closer, is going to require a lot of change and i don't want to overload you or force you to start mapping too close to my own styleregarding insane, there are things i will change and thank you for pointing out about object placement, i wont change alot of things but i will change which seems off in terms of placement

general things for the same map:

00:02:841 (2,3) - again these are off by a half a beat, they should be on the red tick before, not the white ticks they are on now.-changed in a way which seems better

00:10:555 (1,1) - i now see what you were trying to do with the spinner in the normal difficulty - i think having the spinner is a mistake because the silence shouldn't be emphasized in that way, but you should keep the circle

00:30:912 (7,1) - you use this "circle on slider end, then go back to slider head" thing a couple of times, and i often like it, but i feel like having it in this map is a bit too difficult to read and technical for the map, consider making it a regular circle not placed at the tail end of the slider. -gonna change this then since its been pointed out many times already
ty for mod and your time
Mitkoff
Hello,
short NM from q.

[General]
  1. I think your maps needs to be more consistant. Sliders, in different patterns on repetitive parts of music, might have same shape, angles between patterns should follow one choosen consept etc... it's about all mapset, also NCs, these is not consistant at all.
[Easy]
  1. 00:19:127 (1,3) - just copy it?
  2. 00:20:412 (3,5) - better make it mirorred by ctrl-j, with same angle from 00:21:270 (4) -
  3. 00:26:841 (2) - what's with this slider? Better keep your structure consistant 00:25:984 (1,2) - https://puu.sh/wxp0B.jpg
  4. 00:22:555 (1,2,3) - what about rhytm like https://puu.sh/wxp7M.jpg for emphesis 00:23:627 - strong sounds form here?
  5. 00:29:412 (1) - should be NC for 2 times down beat consistency. (Every 2 down beats)
  6. 00:30:484 - i've got your vocal following but it make too big space around it, which makes next section starts very unusual. Mb try https://puu.sh/wxpt9.png just suggestion
  7. 00:37:341 - same
  8. 00:46:555 (1,2) - aghh, just cntl j? for avoid uneven
  9. 00:47:412 (2,3,4) - same angle in, same angle out, like https://puu.sh/wxpz9.jpg
  10. 00:55:984 (5,2) - try to make same shape pls, it hurts when i see even slider with new shape whitout any reason... Or blanket next part https://puu.sh/wxpGw.jpg
  11. 01:01:984 (3,4) - these are different again, i start thinking that its on purpose but they always have new angle, so why?..
    01:17:841 (2,3,4) - ^
  12. 01:05:841 (3,4) - 1st blanketing is fine but 2nd -> https://puu.sh/wxpQp.jpg correct it pls
  13. 01:11:841 (3,4) - blankets
  14. 01:20:841 (1,2,3,4) - it's for sure incorrect rhytm :o idea :idea: -> https://puu.sh/wxqiI.png
[Normal]
  1. 00:20:412 (3,1,3,1) - perhaps better make these mirrored like https://puu.sh/wxr2X.jpg
  2. 00:23:198 - might be beat here unnececery since it brokes your rhythm inheritance. Might be also include full section to rhythm https://puu.sh/wxqwl.jpg
  3. 00:29:841 (2,3) - it's calm section, so slider insted to make rhytm less tense fits better imo.
  4. 00:49:341 - imo this beat not suported by music enough to be clicable...
  5. 01:03:270 (3,4,1,2,3,4) - Can You make connected patter incudes 3 these structures? it just seems random placed now. And whats happen with 01:03:698 - NC? Btw Nc in map so inconsistant might be just use it every 2 down beats? Recheck it please. You ofc can swap it for 1 per beat but if music support it (example: for kiai).
[]
GL~
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Mitkoff wrote:

Hello,
short NM from q.

[General]
  1. I think your maps needs to be more consistant. Sliders, in different patterns on repetitive parts of music, might have same shape, angles between patterns should follow one choosen consept etc... it's about all mapset, also NCs, these is not consistant at all.-ill see what i can do
[Easy]
  1. 00:19:127 (1,3) - just copy it? - but it is the same
  2. 00:20:412 (3,5) - better make it mirorred by ctrl-j, with same angle from 00:21:270 (4) - -fixed
  3. 00:26:841 (2) - what's with this slider? Better keep your structure consistant 00:25:984 (1,2) - https://puu.sh/wxp0B.jpg-my mistake fixed
  4. 00:22:555 (1,2,3) - what about rhytm like https://puu.sh/wxp7M.jpg for emphesis 00:23:627 - strong sounds form here? -im sticking to the same rhythm cause i cant hear those strong sounds if it there
  5. 00:29:412 (1) - should be NC for 2 times down beat consistency. (Every 2 down beats)-fix
  6. 00:30:484 - i've got your vocal following but it make too big space around it, which makes next section starts very unusual. Mb try https://puu.sh/wxpt9.png just suggestion -no change
  7. 00:37:341 - same
  8. 00:46:555 (1,2) - aghh, just cntl j? for avoid uneven
  9. 00:47:412 (2,3,4) - same angle in, same angle out, like https://puu.sh/wxpz9.jpg-changed before
  10. 00:55:984 (5,2) - try to make same shape pls, it hurts when i see even slider with new shape whitout any reason... Or blanket next part https://puu.sh/wxpGw.jpg -but they are the same wtf
  11. 01:01:984 (3,4) - these are different again, i start thinking that its on purpose but they always have new angle, so why?..
    01:17:841 (2,3,4) - ^
  12. 01:05:841 (3,4) - 1st blanketing is fine but 2nd -> https://puu.sh/wxpQp.jpg correct it pls
  13. 01:11:841 (3,4) - blankets
  14. 01:20:841 (1,2,3,4) - it's for sure incorrect rhytm :o idea :idea: -> https://puu.sh/wxqiI.png
[Normal]
  1. 00:20:412 (3,1,3,1) - perhaps better make these mirrored like https://puu.sh/wxr2X.jpg
  2. 00:23:198 - might be beat here unnececery since it brokes your rhythm inheritance. Might be also include full section to rhythm https://puu.sh/wxqwl.jpg
  3. 00:29:841 (2,3) - it's calm section, so slider insted to make rhytm less tense fits better imo.
  4. 00:49:341 - imo this beat not suported by music enough to be clicable...
  5. 01:03:270 (3,4,1,2,3,4) - Can You make connected patter incudes 3 these structures? it just seems random placed now. And whats happen with 01:03:698 - NC? Btw Nc in map so inconsistant might be just use it every 2 down beats? Recheck it please. You ofc can swap it for 1 per beat but if music support it (example: for kiai).
-checked everything

[]
GL~
Delis
you should gather more mods so i can bubble it

or I'd rather give you the points where need to be polished

so, at first the rhythm is often being messed in general. for example, 00:01:127 (2) - the slider end isn't supported for any sound in the music which is a bad idea especially in the calm section. 00:01:984 (1) - is not following the vocal when you had catched the vocals one measure back, so 00:01:984 (1) - should end at 00:02:305 - to clarify what the rhythm is following now.

as I've provided an example for rhythm, you could reconsider your rhythm choice in entire mapset, if you don't really understand what to do with it, feel free to ask me.
[General]

can you reduce the volume like the pic above, atm it's too loud to listen to :(
so accordingly the volume of next quiet part (00:25:984 -) would be like something similar. maybe 50%
[Insane]
00:12:270 (1,2,3,4) - as I told you earlier the main problem of the map is rhythm. like here you made a stream of 5 which doesn't really fit to the song best, you know there's consistent sound that keeps playing in 1/4s, so trying to catch them as well as possible is not the best way to make a map imo lol.
here the best way to resolve it is, only try to follow the important sound so players can feel that the map plays the song itself. so, 00:12:377 (2,3) - remove them and only follow the guitar 00:12:591 - here. the slider 00:12:698 (3) - is fine as is since it still follows the guitar sound + the drum by its head and tail. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579263 here's an example of it with how to make the pattern working nice, since there'll be a 3/4 gap between (1) and (2) an enough space is cool for this kind of rhythm in general.

00:13:555 (6,7,8) - ok next, this is also not really good for now because, a louder sound is at 00:13:877 - not 00:13:662 - plus usually people don't feel comfy with a triplet which starts from a white tick compared to a triplet which starts from a red tick. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579284 so this would be an ideal rhythm here I'd suggest.

00:15:698 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is also the same thing where I pointed out first 00:12:270 (1,2,3,4) - maybe doing something like I did or you did on 00:13:984 (1,2) - is much better. this applies to the rest so I won't mention it anymore.

00:20:412 (5) - this doesn't look good and flows neither. perhaps stack it on 00:19:770 (3) - or try something different here. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579298

00:27:270 (5) - a bit suspicious rhythm here, but I think it wouldn't be considered as a "problem" because it somehow fits to the hi-hats. but remember there's a vocal at 00:27:484 - so a 1/2 slider instead of 3/4 is a better choice for generic map. this kind of overmapping is hated in the mapping meta so would suggest avoiding for new mappers but whatever.

00:31:127 (1) - a jump would be prefered here, because you did it 00:30:698 (6,7) - for the piano, and it still goes to here. also 00:31:555 (3,4,5) - rhythm here could be improved a bit, by making a 1/1 slider 00:31:770 - here for the piano then a circle at 00:32:412 - so http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579326 is the way how I would fix the problem here, it improves the feedback a lot better.

00:34:555 (1) - in the case would be better following the vocal. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579335

00:38:841 (3,4,5,6,7) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579347 smaller spacing for the stream somehow fits better imo.

00:50:841 (3) - maybe avoid overlapping with 00:49:984 (1) - ? at least make the sliderhead more clear to see because this currently looks not good in visual wise.

01:12:270 (1) - you perhaps wanna avoid overlapping with 01:11:412 (5) - so slightly looking nicer! https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579364

01:15:912 (2,3,4,5,6) - I think this jump is kinda too much jumpy here, and therefore the flow 01:16:555 (6,7,8) - here feels bad in comparison. I think you can give a try making it smaller and the flow better while keep doing what you wanted to do here. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579376 though you probably can make it better since I did it kinda bad xD.

01:21:270 (3) - might wanna use the same slider shape as 01:20:841 (1) - for better visual here. when you use straight sliders in a row, using different slider styles (yet both are sliders) could cause a bad aesthetic.

01:24:270 - circle for the strong sound! 01:24:270 (1) - and extend the spinner to make it fitting to the end of the guitar? this currently ended like the guitar (or the echo) were still playing so doesn't feel best to people. also maybe set an inherited point with 5% volume since there's no sound on the spinner ends, it's a bit annoying.

---
ok so I modded only Insane difficulty for now, maybe you can recheck all difficulties about the rhythm and apply the rhythm knowledge I gave here to the other diffs. once you're done with it I'll be back to mod the rest. edit: your patterning was cool so didn't really mention, good job with that!
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Delis wrote:

you should gather more mods so i can bubble it

or I'd rather give you the points where need to be polished

so, at first the rhythm is often being messed in general. for example, 00:01:127 (2) - the slider end isn't supported for any sound in the music which is a bad idea especially in the calm section. 00:01:984 (1) - is not following the vocal when you had catched the vocals one measure back, so 00:01:984 (1) - should end at 00:02:305 - to clarify what the rhythm is following now.

as I've provided an example for rhythm, you could reconsider your rhythm choice in entire mapset, if you don't really understand what to do with it, feel free to ask me.
[General]

can you reduce the volume like the pic above, atm it's too loud to listen to :(
so accordingly the volume of next quiet part (00:25:984 -) would be like something similar. maybe 50%
[Insane]
00:12:270 (1,2,3,4) - as I told you earlier the main problem of the map is rhythm. like here you made a stream of 5 which doesn't really fit to the song best, you know there's consistent sound that keeps playing in 1/4s, so trying to catch them as well as possible is not the best way to make a map imo lol.
here the best way to resolve it is, only try to follow the important sound so players can feel that the map plays the song itself. so, 00:12:377 (2,3) - remove them and only follow the guitar 00:12:591 - here. the slider 00:12:698 (3) - is fine as is since it still follows the guitar sound + the drum by its head and tail. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579263 here's an example of it with how to make the pattern working nice, since there'll be a 3/4 gap between (1) and (2) an enough space is cool for this kind of rhythm in general.

00:13:555 (6,7,8) - ok next, this is also not really good for now because, a louder sound is at 00:13:877 - not 00:13:662 - plus usually people don't feel comfy with a triplet which starts from a white tick compared to a triplet which starts from a red tick. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579284 so this would be an ideal rhythm here I'd suggest.

00:15:698 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is also the same thing where I pointed out first 00:12:270 (1,2,3,4) - maybe doing something like I did or you did on 00:13:984 (1,2) - is much better. this applies to the rest so I won't mention it anymore.

00:20:412 (5) - this doesn't look good and flows neither. perhaps stack it on 00:19:770 (3) - or try something different here. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579298

00:27:270 (5) - a bit suspicious rhythm here, but I think it wouldn't be considered as a "problem" because it somehow fits to the hi-hats. but remember there's a vocal at 00:27:484 - so a 1/2 slider instead of 3/4 is a better choice for generic map. this kind of overmapping is hated in the mapping meta so would suggest avoiding for new mappers but whatever.

00:31:127 (1) - a jump would be prefered here, because you did it 00:30:698 (6,7) - for the piano, and it still goes to here. also 00:31:555 (3,4,5) - rhythm here could be improved a bit, by making a 1/1 slider 00:31:770 - here for the piano then a circle at 00:32:412 - so http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579326 is the way how I would fix the problem here, it improves the feedback a lot better.

00:34:555 (1) - in the case would be better following the vocal. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579335

00:38:841 (3,4,5,6,7) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579347 smaller spacing for the stream somehow fits better imo.

00:50:841 (3) - maybe avoid overlapping with 00:49:984 (1) - ? at least make the sliderhead more clear to see because this currently looks not good in visual wise.

01:12:270 (1) - you perhaps wanna avoid overlapping with 01:11:412 (5) - so slightly looking nicer! https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579364

01:15:912 (2,3,4,5,6) - I think this jump is kinda too much jumpy here, and therefore the flow 01:16:555 (6,7,8) - here feels bad in comparison. I think you can give a try making it smaller and the flow better while keep doing what you wanted to do here. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8579376 though you probably can make it better since I did it kinda bad xD.

01:21:270 (3) - might wanna use the same slider shape as 01:20:841 (1) - for better visual here. when you use straight sliders in a row, using different slider styles (yet both are sliders) could cause a bad aesthetic.

01:24:270 - circle for the strong sound! 01:24:270 (1) - and extend the spinner to make it fitting to the end of the guitar? this currently ended like the guitar (or the echo) were still playing so doesn't feel best to people. also maybe set an inherited point with 5% volume since there's no sound on the spinner ends, it's a bit annoying.

---
ok so I modded only Insane difficulty for now, maybe you can recheck all difficulties about the rhythm and apply the rhythm knowledge I gave here to the other diffs. once you're done with it I'll be back to mod the rest. edit: your patterning was cool so didn't really mention, good job with that!
-this was a really great help, i did most of your recommendations and tweaked a bit with some of them to fit what i would like to happen,
i'll go ahead and check on my other diffs and fix the rhythm problems as well
Karen
stalking delis posts :eyes:

is it too late for you to take my insane diff :? :? :?
Delis
^ that actually would be cool though!
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Karen wrote:

stalking delis posts :eyes:

is it too late for you to take my insane diff :? :? :?
i guess i can take your insane diff (are you going to update it our am i gonna get it as it is?)
Karen
diff
osu file format v14

[General]
AudioFilename: audio.mp3
AudioLeadIn: 0
PreviewTime: 52984
Countdown: 0
SampleSet: Soft
StackLeniency: 0.0
Mode: 0
LetterboxInBreaks: 0
WidescreenStoryboard: 1

[Editor]
Bookmarks: 39698
DistanceSpacing: 1.1
BeatDivisor: 4
GridSize: 8
TimelineZoom: 3.399999

[Metadata]
Title:Imakoko
TitleUnicode:イマココ
Artist:Touyama Nao
ArtistUnicode:東山 奈央
Creator:Dubturt
Version:Karen's Insane
Source:月がきれい
Tags:op tsuki ga kirei as the moon so beautiful
BeatmapID:0
BeatmapSetID:-1

[Difficulty]
HPDrainRate:5
CircleSize:5
OverallDifficulty:9
ApproachRate:8
SliderMultiplier:1.6
SliderTickRate:1

[Events]
//Background and Video events
0,0,"cropped-1920-1080-830957.png",0,0
//Break Periods
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples

[TimingPoints]
270,-133.333333333333,4,2,0,40,0,0
12270,-100,4,2,0,60,0,0
25984,-133.333333333333,4,2,0,40,0,0
39698,-133.333333333333,4,2,0,45,0,0
53412,-100,4,2,0,65,0,1
80841,-133.333333333333,4,2,0,40,0,0
84270,-133.333333333333,4,2,0,20,0,0
89412,-133.333333333333,4,2,0,5,0,0

[Colours]
Combo1 : 4,196,251
Combo2 : 255,128,192
Combo3 : 242,216,223
Combo4 : 0,128,192

[HitObjects]
352,144,270,5,2,0:0:0:0:
352,144,591,1,0,0:0:0:0:
352,144,912,1,2,0:0:0:0:
352,144,1984,6,0,L|112:144,2,240.000009155274,2|0|2,0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
352,256,4020,1,0,0:0:0:0:
352,256,4341,1,2,0:0:0:0:
64,256,5198,1,0,0:0:0:0:
64,256,5305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
64,256,5412,5,2,0:0:0:0:
176,256,5734,1,2,0:0:0:0:
288,256,6055,1,2,0:0:0:0:
288,256,7127,5,2,0:0:0:0:
288,256,7448,1,0,0:0:0:0:
288,256,7770,1,2,0:0:0:0:
288,256,8841,5,2,0:0:0:0:
104,296,11841,5,4,3:0:0:0:
104,296,12270,5,4,1:0:0:0:
160,352,12484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
160,352,12591,1,0,1:0:0:0:
256,288,12912,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,336,13126,1,2,0:0:0:0:
320,336,13233,1,0,1:0:0:0:
432,288,13555,1,0,1:0:0:0:
432,208,13770,1,0,1:0:0:0:
432,208,13877,1,0,0:0:0:0:
432,208,13984,5,0,1:0:0:0:
432,128,14198,1,2,0:0:0:0:
432,128,14305,1,0,1:0:0:0:
304,128,14627,1,0,1:0:0:0:
224,128,14841,1,2,0:0:0:0:
224,128,14948,1,0,1:0:0:0:
256,240,15270,1,0,1:0:0:0:
256,320,15484,1,0,1:0:0:0:
256,320,15591,1,0,0:0:0:0:
256,320,15698,5,0,1:0:0:0:
176,320,15912,1,2,0:0:0:0:
176,320,16020,1,0,1:0:0:0:
80,384,16341,1,0,1:0:0:0:
0,384,16555,1,2,0:0:0:0:
0,384,16663,1,0,1:0:0:0:
0,272,16984,1,0,1:0:0:0:
80,272,17198,1,0,1:0:0:0:
80,272,17305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
80,272,17412,5,0,1:0:0:0:
144,208,17627,1,2,0:0:0:0:
144,208,17734,1,0,1:0:0:0:
224,208,17948,1,2,0:0:0:0:
224,208,18055,1,0,1:0:0:0:
304,208,18270,1,2,0:0:0:0:
304,208,18377,1,0,1:0:0:0:
304,128,18591,1,2,0:0:0:0:
304,128,18698,1,0,1:0:0:0:
304,48,18912,1,0,1:0:0:0:
384,208,19127,5,4,1:0:0:0:
448,256,19341,1,2,0:0:0:0:
448,256,19448,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,256,19770,1,0,1:0:0:0:
256,208,19984,1,2,0:0:0:0:
256,208,20091,1,0,1:0:0:0:
336,112,20412,1,0,1:0:0:0:
336,32,20627,1,0,1:0:0:0:
336,32,20734,1,0,0:0:0:0:
336,32,20841,5,0,1:0:0:0:
256,32,21055,1,2,0:0:0:0:
256,32,21162,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,32,21484,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,112,21698,1,2,0:0:0:0:
176,112,21805,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,240,22127,1,0,1:0:0:0:
96,240,22341,1,0,1:0:0:0:
96,240,22448,1,0,0:0:0:0:
96,240,22555,5,4,1:0:0:0:
16,240,22770,1,2,0:0:0:0:
16,240,22877,1,0,1:0:0:0:
16,320,23091,1,2,0:0:0:0:
16,320,23198,1,0,1:0:0:0:
96,320,23412,1,2,0:0:0:0:
176,320,23627,1,2,0:0:0:0:
176,320,23734,1,2,0:0:0:0:
176,320,23841,1,0,1:0:0:0:
256,320,24055,1,0,1:0:0:0:
368,240,24270,5,0,1:0:0:0:
368,160,24484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
368,160,24591,1,0,1:0:0:0:
368,80,24805,1,2,0:0:0:0:
368,80,24912,1,0,1:0:0:0:
304,32,25127,1,0,1:0:0:0:
240,80,25341,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,32,25555,1,0,1:0:0:0:
112,80,25770,1,2,0:0:0:0:
112,80,25877,1,2,0:0:0:0:
112,80,25984,6,0,L|-16:80,2,120.000004577637,4|2|2,0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
208,192,27270,1,2,0:0:0:0:
208,192,27484,1,0,0:0:0:0:
256,128,27698,5,0,1:0:0:0:
336,192,28020,1,0,0:0:0:0:
416,128,28341,1,0,0:0:0:0:
496,192,28663,1,0,0:0:0:0:
416,272,28984,1,2,0:0:0:0:
416,384,29305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
416,384,29412,5,0,1:0:0:0:
304,384,29734,1,0,0:0:0:0:
240,288,30055,1,0,0:0:0:0:
128,288,30377,1,0,0:0:0:0:
128,176,30698,1,2,0:0:0:0:
128,176,30912,1,2,0:0:0:0:
176,112,31127,5,2,1:2:0:0:
288,112,31448,1,2,0:0:0:0:
288,224,31770,1,2,0:0:0:0:
176,224,32091,1,0,0:0:0:0:
176,256,32198,1,0,0:0:0:0:
176,288,32305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
176,320,32412,1,2,0:0:0:0:
112,352,32627,1,0,0:0:0:0:
112,352,32734,1,0,0:0:0:0:
112,352,32841,5,0,1:0:0:0:
32,272,33162,1,0,0:0:0:0:
112,192,33484,1,0,0:0:0:0:
32,112,33805,1,0,0:0:0:0:
112,32,34127,1,2,0:0:0:0:
192,112,34448,1,0,0:0:0:0:
192,112,34555,5,0,1:0:0:0:
304,112,34877,1,0,0:0:0:0:
416,112,35198,1,0,0:0:0:0:
416,0,35520,1,0,0:0:0:0:
304,0,35841,1,2,0:0:0:0:
192,0,36162,1,0,0:0:0:0:
192,0,36270,5,0,1:0:0:0:
240,96,36591,1,0,0:0:0:0:
192,192,36912,1,0,0:0:0:0:
240,288,37233,1,0,0:0:0:0:
192,384,37555,1,2,0:0:0:0:
144,320,37770,1,0,0:0:0:0:
144,320,37877,1,0,0:0:0:0:
144,320,37984,5,0,1:0:0:0:
48,384,38305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
32,272,38627,1,0,0:0:0:0:
128,208,38948,1,0,0:0:0:0:
208,272,39270,2,0,L|288:272,1,60.0000022888184,0|0,1:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
320,224,39698,5,4,1:0:0:0:
320,80,40127,1,4,3:0:0:0:
464,80,40555,1,4,3:0:0:0:
464,224,40984,1,4,3:0:0:0:
464,368,41412,6,0,L|336:368,1,120.000004577637,2|4,3:2|3:0,0:0:0:0:
352,224,42270,2,0,L|472:224,1,120.000004577637,2|4,3:2|3:0,0:0:0:0:
512,160,42912,1,0,0:0:0:0:
512,160,43020,1,0,0:0:0:0:
512,160,43127,5,4,3:0:0:0:
416,48,43555,1,4,3:0:0:0:
320,160,43984,1,12,3:0:0:0:
224,48,44412,1,4,3:0:0:0:
128,160,44841,6,0,L|128:288,1,120.000004577637,4|4,3:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
208,160,45698,2,0,L|208:280,1,120.000004577637,4|4,3:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
320,368,46555,6,0,B|368:336|448:368|448:368,1,120.000004577637,4|4,1:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
432,224,47412,2,0,B|384:256|304:224|304:224,1,120.000004577637,4|4,3:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
272,96,48270,5,4,3:0:0:0:
128,96,48698,1,4,3:0:0:0:
272,96,49127,1,4,3:0:0:0:
128,96,49555,1,4,3:0:0:0:
192,224,49984,5,4,3:0:0:0:
192,368,50412,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,368,50841,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,224,51270,1,2,0:0:0:0:
48,192,51377,1,0,0:0:0:0:
48,160,51484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
48,128,51591,1,0,0:0:0:0:
48,96,51698,5,6,0:0:0:0:
256,192,51805,12,0,52984,0:0:0:0:
368,48,53412,6,0,L|192:48,2,160,0|2|0,1:0|0:0|1:0,0:0:0:0:
368,208,54698,1,2,0:0:0:0:
432,256,54912,1,0,1:0:0:0:
432,256,55020,1,0,1:0:0:0:
432,256,55127,5,0,1:0:0:0:
368,352,55448,1,2,0:0:0:0:
368,352,55555,1,0,1:0:0:0:
304,304,55770,1,2,0:0:0:0:
304,304,55877,1,0,0:0:0:0:
304,304,55984,1,0,1:0:0:0:
240,352,56198,2,0,L|160:352,1,80,2|0,0:0|1:0,0:0:0:0:
96,304,56627,1,0,0:0:0:0:
160,256,56841,5,0,1:0:0:0:
160,176,57055,1,2,0:0:0:0:
160,176,57162,1,0,1:0:0:0:
80,96,57484,1,0,1:0:0:0:
80,16,57698,1,2,0:0:0:0:
80,16,57805,1,0,1:0:0:0:
208,16,58127,1,0,1:0:0:0:
208,96,58341,1,0,1:0:0:0:
208,96,58448,1,0,0:0:0:0:
208,96,58555,5,0,1:0:0:0:
272,144,58770,1,2,0:0:0:0:
272,144,58877,1,0,1:0:0:0:
336,96,59091,1,2,0:0:0:0:
336,96,59198,1,0,1:0:0:0:
400,144,59412,1,2,0:0:0:0:
400,144,59520,1,0,1:0:0:0:
464,96,59734,1,2,0:0:0:0:
464,96,59841,1,0,1:0:0:0:
400,48,60055,1,0,1:0:0:0:
336,176,60270,6,0,L|336:336,2,160,4|2|0,1:0|0:0|1:0,0:0:0:0:
192,48,61555,1,0,1:0:0:0:
192,128,61770,1,0,1:0:0:0:
192,128,61877,1,0,1:0:0:0:
192,128,61984,1,0,1:0:0:0:
192,208,62198,5,2,0:0:0:0:
192,208,62305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
192,208,62412,1,0,1:0:0:0:
112,208,62627,1,0,1:0:0:0:
112,288,62841,1,0,1:0:0:0:
192,288,63055,2,0,L|272:288,1,80,2|0,0:0|1:0,0:0:0:0:
352,288,63484,1,0,1:0:0:0:
448,208,63698,5,0,1:0:0:0:
448,128,63912,1,2,0:0:0:0:
448,128,64020,1,0,1:0:0:0:
368,48,64341,1,0,1:0:0:0:
224,128,64555,5,0,1:0:0:0:
224,208,64770,1,2,0:0:0:0:
224,208,64877,1,0,1:0:0:0:
336,208,65198,1,0,1:0:0:0:
336,208,65305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
336,208,65412,5,0,1:0:0:0:
336,288,65627,1,2,0:0:0:0:
336,288,65734,1,0,1:0:0:0:
240,352,66055,1,0,1:0:0:0:
64,352,66270,5,0,1:0:0:0:
64,272,66484,1,0,1:0:0:0:
64,272,66591,1,0,1:0:0:0:
64,192,66805,1,0,1:0:0:0:
64,192,66912,1,0,1:0:0:0:
64,32,67127,5,4,1:0:0:0:
64,112,67341,1,2,0:0:0:0:
64,112,67448,1,0,1:0:0:0:
192,112,67770,1,0,1:0:0:0:
192,32,67984,1,2,0:0:0:0:
192,32,68091,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,32,68412,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,112,68627,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,112,68734,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,112,68841,5,0,1:0:0:0:
384,160,69055,1,2,0:0:0:0:
384,160,69162,1,0,1:0:0:0:
384,288,69484,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,336,69698,1,2,0:0:0:0:
320,336,69805,1,0,1:0:0:0:
208,288,70127,1,0,1:0:0:0:
208,208,70341,1,0,1:0:0:0:
208,208,70448,1,0,0:0:0:0:
208,208,70555,5,0,1:0:0:0:
208,128,70770,1,2,0:0:0:0:
208,128,70877,1,0,1:0:0:0:
96,128,71198,1,0,1:0:0:0:
96,208,71412,1,0,1:0:0:0:
96,368,71841,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,368,72055,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,368,72162,1,0,0:0:0:0:
176,368,72270,5,0,1:0:0:0:
224,304,72484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
224,304,72591,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,368,72912,1,0,1:0:0:0:
368,304,73126,1,2,0:0:0:0:
368,304,73233,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,192,73555,1,0,1:0:0:0:
240,192,73770,1,0,1:0:0:0:
240,192,73877,1,0,1:0:0:0:
240,192,73984,6,0,L|240:32,2,160,4|2|0,1:0|0:0|1:0,0:0:0:0:
400,192,75270,1,0,1:0:0:0:
400,112,75484,1,0,1:0:0:0:
400,112,75592,1,0,1:0:0:0:
400,112,75699,5,0,1:0:0:0:
320,16,76020,1,2,0:0:0:0:
320,16,76127,1,0,1:0:0:0:
240,16,76341,1,2,0:0:0:0:
240,16,76449,1,0,0:0:0:0:
240,16,76556,1,0,1:0:0:0:
240,96,76770,2,0,L|160:96,1,80,2|0,0:0|1:0,0:0:0:0:
80,96,77199,1,0,1:0:0:0:
80,256,77412,5,0,1:0:0:0:
160,256,77627,1,2,0:0:0:0:
160,256,77734,1,0,1:0:0:0:
80,352,78056,1,0,1:0:0:0:
160,352,78270,1,2,0:0:0:0:
160,352,78377,1,0,1:0:0:0:
240,256,78699,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,256,78913,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,256,79020,1,0,0:0:0:0:
320,256,79127,5,0,1:0:0:0:
384,304,79342,1,2,0:0:0:0:
384,304,79449,1,0,1:0:0:0:
448,256,79662,1,0,1:0:0:0:
448,256,79770,1,0,1:0:0:0:
384,208,79984,1,2,0:0:0:0:
384,208,80092,1,0,1:0:0:0:
448,160,80305,1,0,1:0:0:0:
448,160,80413,1,0,1:0:0:0:
448,80,80627,1,0,1:0:0:0:
304,80,80841,6,0,L|192:80,3,90.0000034332277,6|0|0|0,0:0|0:0|2:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
112,80,82127,1,2,0:0:0:0:
112,80,82341,1,0,0:0:0:0:
112,160,82555,6,0,L|112:256,3,90.0000034332277,2|0|0|0,0:0|0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
112,352,83841,1,2,0:0:0:0:
112,352,84055,1,0,0:0:0:0:
192,352,84270,5,4,1:0:0:0:
256,192,84377,12,0,89412,0:0:0:0:

i'll find some mods for my diff, sorry for delaying your ranking process a bit! and thanks for taking my diff 8-)

some modding on the top diff
00:01:555 (3,1,2) - consider avoiding such confusing spacing change, 00:01:984 (1,2) - this is 3/4 but 00:01:555 (3,1) - this is 1/2, make the visual spacing different a bit
00:04:127 - what's the point of the slider? why not just follow the pianos
00:11:841 - make this clickable? pretty empty here, and you did something like this 00:52:984 (1) - here
00:37:770 (6,1,2,3) - try this? http://puu.sh/wJeOT/19861973e1.jpg the 2 sliders end at the tails so it would be better to make the next object closed to the tails
00:53:412 - add new combo since it's the kiai
00:56:948 (2) - triple starting on a white line is very weird in most cases, and it's an overmapped triple
00:58:770 (2) - there is no vocal or any other track on this circle, it feels kinda strange as 00:58:877 - this is ignored
00:59:520 - ^ here is a suggestion http://puu.sh/wJf9h/6f7b8d2d22.png (start from 00:58:555 - )
01:24:270 - considering making this clickable as well because this beat is similar with 01:23:412 -
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Karen wrote:

diff
osu file format v14

[General]

[Editor]
DistanceSpacing: 1.1

[Metadata]
Tags:op tsuki ga kirei as the moon so beautiful
BeatmapID:0
BeatmapSetID:-1

[Difficulty]

[Events]
//Break Periods

[TimingPoints]
12270,-100,4,2,0,60,0,0
53412,-100,4,2,0,65,0,1

[Colours]

[HitObjects]
96,320,23412,1,2,0:0:0:0:
128,208,38948,1,0,0:0:0:0:
208,272,39270,2,0,L|288:272,1,60.0000022888184,0|0,1:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
464,368,41412,6,0,L|336:368,1,120.000004577637,2|4,3:2|3:0,0:0:0:0:
352,224,42270,2,0,L|472:224,1,120.000004577637,2|4,3:2|3:0,0:0:0:0:
512,160,42912,1,0,0:0:0:0:
512,160,43020,1,0,0:0:0:0:
512,160,43127,5,4,3:0:0:0:
416,48,43555,1,4,3:0:0:0:
320,160,43984,1,12,3:0:0:0:
224,48,44412,1,4,3:0:0:0:
128,160,44841,6,0,L|128:288,1,120.000004577637,4|4,3:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
208,160,45698,2,0,L|208:280,1,120.000004577637,4|4,3:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
320,368,46555,6,0,B|368:336|448:368|448:368,1,120.000004577637,4|4,1:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
432,224,47412,2,0,B|384:256|304:224|304:224,1,120.000004577637,4|4,3:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
272,96,48270,5,4,3:0:0:0:
128,96,48698,1,4,3:0:0:0:
272,96,49127,1,4,3:0:0:0:
128,96,49555,1,4,3:0:0:0:
192,224,49984,5,4,3:0:0:0:
192,368,50412,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,368,50841,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,224,51270,1,2,0:0:0:0:
48,192,51377,1,0,0:0:0:0:
48,160,51484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
48,128,51591,1,0,0:0:0:0:
48,96,51698,5,6,0:0:0:0:
192,128,61984,1,0,1:0:0:0:
192,208,62198,5,2,0:0:0:0:
96,208,71412,1,0,1:0:0:0:
96,368,71841,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,368,72055,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,368,72162,1,0,0:0:0:0:
176,368,72270,5,0,1:0:0:0:
224,304,72484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
224,304,72591,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,368,72912,1,0,1:0:0:0:
368,304,73126,1,2,0:0:0:0:
368,304,73233,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,192,73555,1,0,1:0:0:0:

i'll find some mods for my diff, sorry for delaying your ranking process a bit! and thanks for taking my diff 8-) -its okay, im not rushing things and thanks for your guest diff

some modding on the top diff
00:01:555 (3,1,2) - consider avoiding such confusing spacing change, 00:01:984 (1,2) - this is 3/4 but 00:01:555 (3,1) - this is 1/2, make the visual spacing different a bit
00:04:127 - what's the point of the slider? why not just follow the pianos
00:11:841 - make this clickable? pretty empty here, and you did something like this 00:52:984 (1) - here
00:37:770 (6,1,2,3) - try this? http://puu.sh/wJeOT/19861973e1.jpg the 2 sliders end at the tails so it would be better to make the next object closed to the tails
00:53:412 - add new combo since it's the kiai
00:56:948 (2) - triple starting on a white line is very weird in most cases, and it's an overmapped triple
00:58:770 (2) - there is no vocal or any other track on this circle, it feels kinda strange as 00:58:877 - this is ignored
00:59:520 - ^ here is a suggestion http://puu.sh/wJf9h/6f7b8d2d22.png (start from 00:58:555 - )
01:24:270 - considering making this clickable as well because this beat is similar with 01:23:412 -
i considered all of the suggestions, it made the diff better thanks
Mirash
hello coming from sotarks fan club

00:54:912 (7) - you could clap it since vocal are strong here
also try 00:53:412 (1) - tail clap and 00:53:841 (3) - head clap
and other places like this
01:06:698 (4,6,7) - clap on these would give cool effect
also you can add some finishes: 00:19:127 (1) - 00:22:555 (1) - 00:24:270 (1) - 00:25:984 (1) - 00:39:698 (1) - 00:46:555 (1) - 01:00:270 (1) - 01:03:698 (1) - 01:04:555 (4) - 01:05:412 (1) - 01:06:270 (3) - 01:07:127 (1) - 01:13:984 (1) - 01:17:412 (1) - 01:19:127 (1) - 01:20:841 (1) - 01:24:270 (6) -
eeeh if applied something apply it for every diff xd

last diff is nice but i'd clap more at the chorus so it is more emphasized lol, up to you

Karen
00:23:412 (6) - 00:23:627 (7) - hitnormal maybe, sounds strange

Hard
00:29:841 (2) - it is too close to previous, could try something like http://i.imgur.com/ZHi8A8O.png
01:01:555 (4) - move a bit so it is not so close with 01:00:698 (2) - http://i.imgur.com/gpk6IW3.png
01:13:984 (1,2) - o by blanketing them you can also avoid overlap with 01:13:770 (10) - http://i.imgur.com/bUB5b1r.png

Normal
00:04:770 (3) - aa offscreen, replace it, it is unrankable

low diffs are fine!
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Mirash wrote:

hello coming from sotarks fan club (didnt know such thing exists)

00:54:912 (7) - you could clap it since vocal are strong here -oh sounds nice, ill add this with other similar parts
also try 00:53:412 (1) - tail clap and 00:53:841 (3) - head clap
and other places like this -keep, no change
01:06:698 (4,6,7) - clap on these would give cool effect - i applied claps on some of these thanks
also you can add some finishes: 00:19:127 (1) - 00:22:555 (1) - 00:24:270 (1) - 00:25:984 (1) - 00:39:698 (1) - 00:46:555 (1) - 01:00:270 (1) - 01:03:698 (1) - 01:04:555 (4) - 01:05:412 (1) - 01:06:270 (3) - 01:07:127 (1) - 01:13:984 (1) - 01:17:412 (1) - 01:19:127 (1) - 01:20:841 (1) - 01:24:270 (6) -
eeeh if applied something apply it for every diff xd
-im gonna find for better finishes cause the one i have right now seems weak
last diff is nice but i'd clap more at the chorus so it is more emphasized lol, up to you -ill see what i can do

Karen
00:23:412 (6) - 00:23:627 (7) - hitnormal maybe, sounds strange

Hard
00:29:841 (2) - it is too close to previous, could try something like http://i.imgur.com/ZHi8A8O.png -thanks changed in a similar way
01:01:555 (4) - move a bit so it is not so close with 01:00:698 (2) - http://i.imgur.com/gpk6IW3.png-oh my bad
01:13:984 (1,2) - o by blanketing them you can also avoid overlap with 01:13:770 (10) - http://i.imgur.com/bUB5b1r.png ^

Normal
00:04:770 (3) - aa offscreen, replace it, it is unrankable-i adjusted the angle of the reverse

low diffs are fine!
Delis
hello coming from sotarks fan club x2

don't kudos to this post because I've already received one from previous mod!

[Karen]
00:39:270 (5) - spacing
00:42:270 (2) - 1 grid left
00:43:127 (1,2,3,4) - 3/4 spam here would fit to vocals imo?
00:44:841 (1,2) - ^
01:01:984 (5,1) - inconsistent nc 00:55:127 (1,2) -
01:04:127 - 01:04:984 - 01:05:841 - actually triplets feel more like djpop
01:11:412 (5,6) - 1/1 blank feels out of place here because 01:13:984 (1,2) - is the only way you handled consistently
2003 modding  ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄

@Dubturt 00:11:841 (1) - could add a drum finish like karen's diff has, for every diff of course.
[Hard]
00:05:412 (1,2,3) - perhaps, this is hard to read for players who only can play hard difficulty because the spacing is too close each other. (also since it's after a triplet, this fact might cause it being harder.) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8586953 maybe do something like this so players could understand the rhythm here and 100s won't happen.
00:07:127 (1) - whistle on the sliderhead for the piano?
00:08:412 (3,1) - the distance each other could improve 00:07:127 (1,2) - like here
00:29:841 (2) - spacing is a bit hard to read https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8586984
00:35:841 (3,1) - this is also kinda unpleasant to read imo, when there's a rhythm gap (so 1/1 this time) the distance between them should be clear to read. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8586989 or https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587003 also can work
00:42:698 (5,1) - this pattern is quite cool, but as I told you that the slight spacing for 1/1 gaps can make reading errors, the stacking here is a common pattern for 1/1 so that works nice but 00:42:270 (4,5) - is still too close imo.
00:46:984 (2,3) - same
00:48:270 (1,2,3) - suddenly 3/4 appears, which is a bit bad because the song doesn't have a prediction around here this could be a lot harder than the first point I mentioned for this difficulty. maybe consider making a slider instead of circles, you still can make it different from the first suggestion since the sound here is different, http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587049 can represent the song better. also yeah, 00:49:127 (2,3) - don't forget that the spacing here is not really nice too atm.
00:55:127 (1,2,3) - I think.. yeah, just my personal preference, but you might wanna try using a 1/1 slider here. the vocals are kinda complicated like you have to use a 3/4 slider to follow the vocal at 00:55:448 - but that's probably what you didn't want to do here, so maybe 1/1 slider for a better transition in the vocals. 01:01:984 (1) - 01:08:841 (1) - change them too if you applied this section!
00:59:948 (9) - I think this circle is kind of overmapping which makes it playing uncomfortable. 01:13:662 (9) - too
01:20:841 (1) - well, even if the sliderhead has strong sound here the spacing feels kinda too big since the slider is the introduction of the quiet part a.k.a ending of the song.
01:24:055 (6) - spilit this into two circles? so you can follow the strong sound at 01:24:270 - which you covered it by the sliderend right now.
[Normal]
00:15:698 (1) - curve the slider? the straight sliders have been used from 00:12:270 (1) - and the continuing is a bit too long.
00:22:555 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - not too hard, but the continuous rhythm here might be a pain. and there seems some unnecessary circles (at least for me) so they could be disappeared. https://delisha.s-ul.eu/o0cWRqop btw maybe remove the combo color here because you had it on each 2 measure, 00:20:841 (1) - is inconsistent.
00:41:412 (5) - uh, 3/4 slider in a connected objects makes it much harder. also generally using 1/4 snaps in easy/normal diffs aren't really recommended, I'm not a fan of it at least. so maybe 1/1? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587213 also making a curve on one of the sliders feels looking better.
00:48:270 (5) - so as I'm not a fan of 1/4 snaps in lower diffs I'd recommend you to use a 1/1 slider here too.
01:10:555 - to catch the strong drum here, I think convert the circles 01:10:127 (6,7) - into one slider and place a circle at 01:10:555 - still makes a lot sense imo. (01:13:555 (7,1) - so it's similar to this)
01:20:841 (1,2,3,4) - perhaps consider remake the rhythm here? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587267 for example here. the end note will be clickable, therefore the feedback is much better.
[Easy]
00:04:770 (6) - I guess a reversed 1/2 slider for the vocals could be too much for newbies, maybe try a 1/1 with no reverse?
00:11:841 (1) - remove this note, the recovery time from the spinner needs a measure in Easy difficulty.
00:19:984 (2,3) - I think you can create a better rhythm here by doing something https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587293 like this.
00:23:412 (2) - 1/1? the reason is same as the top of the mod for this difficulty.
00:27:698 (3) - ouch the overlapping with 00:25:984 (1) - doesn't look best, maybe avoid it in some way, this might require you to remake the sliders lol.
00:29:412 (1) - continuous rhythm would be prefered here even though the song is something different from the part where you could keep following the vocals. https://delisha.s-ul.eu/oAShPf2Y
00:36:270 (1,2) - ^
00:48:270 (3) - 2/1 maybe, rather following the piano keep the consistent rhythm in 1/1 for the better rhythm in fact.
00:52:984 (1) - yes, you need a break over a measure so remove it.
00:59:841 - circle for the vocal?
01:03:698 (1,2) - oh no, the stack is too sudden plus spacing isn't consistent which is not nice. you still can keep the stack but spacing is a problem now lol.
01:06:698 - circle for vocal
01:10:555 (1,2) - spacinggg
01:13:555 - vocal stuff
01:20:841 (1,2,3,4,5) - maybe apply the same thing I mentioned at the last of normal.

---
alright, so get some more mods for each difficulty and I can come back for a recheck here. probably you might wanna call me back once you got 2-3 mods that you think "it's helpful". btw I didn't really mention about hitsounding since mirash did, maybe I'll start talk about it once I came back to recheck the mapset. GL for now!
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Delis wrote:

hello coming from sotarks fan club x2 (pls explain this haha)

don't kudos to this post because I've already received one from previous mod!

@Dubturt 00:11:841 (1) - could add a drum finish like karen's diff has, for every diff of course.-yes i plan to do this
[Hard]
00:05:412 (1,2,3) - perhaps, this is hard to read for players who only can play hard difficulty because the spacing is too close each other. (also since it's after a triplet, this fact might cause it being harder.) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8586953 maybe do something like this so players could understand the rhythm here and 100s won't happen.
00:07:127 (1) - whistle on the sliderhead for the piano? -i forgot to add this while editing lol
00:08:412 (3,1) - the distance each other could improve 00:07:127 (1,2) - like here
00:29:841 (2) - spacing is a bit hard to read https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8586984
00:35:841 (3,1) - this is also kinda unpleasant to read imo, when there's a rhythm gap (so 1/1 this time) the distance between them should be clear to read. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8586989 or https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587003 also can work
00:42:698 (5,1) - this pattern is quite cool, but as I told you that the slight spacing for 1/1 gaps can make reading errors, the stacking here is a common pattern for 1/1 so that works nice but 00:42:270 (4,5) - is still too close imo.
00:46:984 (2,3) - same
00:48:270 (1,2,3) - suddenly 3/4 appears, which is a bit bad because the song doesn't have a prediction around here this could be a lot harder than the first point I mentioned for this difficulty. maybe consider making a slider instead of circles, you still can make it different from the first suggestion since the sound here is different, http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587049 can represent the song better. also yeah, 00:49:127 (2,3) - don't forget that the spacing here is not really nice too atm.
00:55:127 (1,2,3) - I think.. yeah, just my personal preference, but you might wanna try using a 1/1 slider here. the vocals are kinda complicated like you have to use a 3/4 slider to follow the vocal at 00:55:448 - but that's probably what you didn't want to do here, so maybe 1/1 slider for a better transition in the vocals. 01:01:984 (1) - 01:08:841 (1) - change them too if you applied this section!
00:59:948 (9) - I think this circle is kind of overmapping which makes it playing uncomfortable. 01:13:662 (9) - too
01:20:841 (1) - well, even if the sliderhead has strong sound here the spacing feels kinda too big since the slider is the introduction of the quiet part a.k.a ending of the song.
01:24:055 (6) - spilit this into two circles? so you can follow the strong sound at 01:24:270 - which you covered it by the sliderend right now.
[Normal]
00:15:698 (1) - curve the slider? the straight sliders have been used from 00:12:270 (1) - and the continuing is a bit too long.
00:22:555 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - not too hard, but the continuous rhythm here might be a pain. and there seems some unnecessary circles (at least for me) so they could be disappeared. https://delisha.s-ul.eu/o0cWRqop btw maybe remove the combo color here because you had it on each 2 measure, 00:20:841 (1) - is inconsistent.
00:41:412 (5) - uh, 3/4 slider in a connected objects makes it much harder. also generally using 1/4 snaps in easy/normal diffs aren't really recommended, I'm not a fan of it at least. so maybe 1/1? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587213 also making a curve on one of the sliders feels looking better.
00:48:270 (5) - so as I'm not a fan of 1/4 snaps in lower diffs I'd recommend you to use a 1/1 slider here too.
01:10:555 - to catch the strong drum here, I think convert the circles 01:10:127 (6,7) - into one slider and place a circle at 01:10:555 - still makes a lot sense imo. (01:13:555 (7,1) - so it's similar to this)
01:20:841 (1,2,3,4) - perhaps consider remake the rhythm here? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587267 for example here. the end note will be clickable, therefore the feedback is much better.
[Easy]
00:04:770 (6) - I guess a reversed 1/2 slider for the vocals could be too much for newbies, maybe try a 1/1 with no reverse?
00:11:841 (1) - remove this note, the recovery time from the spinner needs a measure in Easy difficulty.
00:19:984 (2,3) - I think you can create a better rhythm here by doing something https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8587293 like this.
00:23:412 (2) - 1/1? the reason is same as the top of the mod for this difficulty.
00:27:698 (3) - ouch the overlapping with 00:25:984 (1) - doesn't look best, maybe avoid it in some way, this might require you to remake the sliders lol.
00:29:412 (1) - continuous rhythm would be prefered here even though the song is something different from the part where you could keep following the vocals. https://delisha.s-ul.eu/oAShPf2Y
00:36:270 (1,2) - ^
00:48:270 (3) - 2/1 maybe, rather following the piano keep the consistent rhythm in 1/1 for the better rhythm in fact.
00:52:984 (1) - yes, you need a break over a measure so remove it.
00:59:841 - circle for the vocal?
01:03:698 (1,2) - oh no, the stack is too sudden plus spacing isn't consistent which is not nice. you still can keep the stack but spacing is a problem now lol.-tbh idk what happened here it was finely spaced then it becomes one huge jump, weir dthat the AiMod didnt notice it as well
01:06:698 - circle for vocal
01:10:555 (1,2) - spacinggg
01:13:555 - vocal stuff
01:20:841 (1,2,3,4,5) - maybe apply the same thing I mentioned at the last of normal.

---
alright, so get some more mods for each difficulty and I can come back for a recheck here. probably you might wanna call me back once you got 2-3 mods that you think "it's helpful". btw I didn't really mention about hitsounding since mirash did, maybe I'll start talk about it once I came back to recheck the mapset. GL for now!
-i applied most of it again and some were changed for my fitting yes i will try and fix my hitsounding and will use Mirash's mod. thanks again
Bz EsKa
hey :) new modder, excuse me for my mistake plz ^^'

Easy
01:01:984 - these two slider are not parallel, I don't know if it's on purpose, but it doesnt seem aesthetic by me :c
01:08:841 - same here, and you can put the second aim the incoming circle :)
except these two thing, nothing disturb me with timing or anything else, so I'll leave this one :)

Normal
00:28:770 - I think put a slider 1/2 long and a circle (00:29:198) can be cool to fit the voice too ? Say me what do you think of it (and so with the whole song).
that's all

Hard
00:02:627 - This one is too much, we focus on the instrumental thing right before and then, so this one don't fit (for me) ;)
00:23:627 - to me this timing is better used by the next patern (00:24:270) even if it last long :D
00:28:555 - same as the easy map
00:42:912 - you used a triplet before, so why not here too ? :) (00:05:198 for exemple) to fit the voice

Insane
00:01:555 - 2circle are smoother to play than a slider
00:18:055 (3,4) - invert these two in the timing, it make the sound more "clean" to me ^^

for all the beatmap : They should start here - 00:00:055 - at least for the two hardest

The song is really cool, I was happy to mod this :) (even if I didn't say anything really helpfull ><). Have a good day :D
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Bz EsKa wrote:

hey :) new modder, excuse me for my mistake plz ^^'

Easy
01:01:984 - these two slider are not parallel, I don't know if it's on purpose, but it doesnt seem aesthetic by me :c -they're not supposed to be parallel
01:08:841 - same here, and you can put the second aim the incoming circle :)
except these two thing, nothing disturb me with timing or anything else, so I'll leave this one :)-^ and i dont know what you mean about the incoming circle

Normal
00:28:770 - I think put a slider 1/2 long and a circle (00:29:198) can be cool to fit the voice too ? Say me what do you think of it (and so with the whole song).-this is still fine if i made it into a 1/2 to a circle it would be tedious to click in a normal diff since another circle comes after that part
that's all

Hard
00:02:627 - This one is too much, we focus on the instrumental thing right before and then, so this one don't fit (for me) ;) -this follows the vocals still so no change
00:23:627 - to me this timing is better used by the next patern (00:24:270) even if it last long :D-i have no idea what you mean here
00:28:555 - same as the easy map -not supposed to be parallel
00:42:912 - you used a triplet before, so why not here too ? :) (00:05:198 for exemple) to fit the voice-a triplet here doesnt support anything, i used a triplet in the first part is because it complements the piano sound

Insane
00:01:555 - 2circle are smoother to play than a slider -2 cirlces or a slider could work either way but i think a slider is best for me here to avoid more clicking in a calm section
00:18:055 (3,4) - invert these two in the timing, it make the sound more "clean" to me ^^-this was a hitsounding error in my part thanks fior pointing this out but i still dont understand what you mean by the timing

for all the beatmap : They should start here - 00:00:055 - at least for the two hardest-this is fine, im following my offset

The song is really cool, I was happy to mod this :) (even if I didn't say anything really helpfull ><). Have a good day :D
-thanks for the mod, i understand you are a beginner so yeah, but next time when you mod other stuff, make your suggestions clearer or understandable like try using pictures for example
Karen

Mirash wrote:

Karen
00:23:412 (6) - 00:23:627 (7) - hitnormal maybe, sounds strange fixed the first one, 00:23:627 - i wanna follow the piano

Delis wrote:

[Karen]
00:39:270 (5) - spacing do you mean the current spacing is too small or something, anyway i made it bigger
00:42:270 (2) - 1 grid left ban
00:43:127 (1,2,3,4) - 3/4 spam here would fit to vocals imo? nice
00:44:841 (1,2) - ^
01:01:984 (5,1) - inconsistent nc 00:55:127 (1,2) - yah
01:04:127 - 01:04:984 - 01:05:841 - actually triplets feel more like djpop i'm not djpop and i don't copy djpop, the rhythms choice were made by my own feeling :banana:
01:11:412 (5,6) - 1/1 blank feels out of place here because 01:13:984 (1,2) - is the only way you handled consistently it was a mistake
2003 modding  ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄
Thanks!
SPOILER
osu file format v14

[General]
StackLeniency: 0.2

[Editor]
DistanceSpacing: 1

[Metadata]
Tags:karen op tsuki ga kirei as the moon so beautiful
BeatmapID:1356825
BeatmapSetID:617836

[Difficulty]

[Events]
//Break Periods

[TimingPoints]
12270,-100,4,2,0,60,0,0
53412,-100,4,2,0,65,0,1

[Colours]

[HitObjects]
96,320,23412,1,0,1:0:0:0:
120,208,38948,1,0,0:0:0:0:
200,280,39270,2,0,L|200:360,1,60.0000022888184,0|0,1:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
464,368,41412,6,0,L|344:368,1,120.000004577637,2|4,3:2|3:0,0:0:0:0:
344,224,42270,2,0,L|464:224,1,120.000004577637,2|4,3:2|3:0,0:0:0:0:
464,152,42912,1,0,0:0:0:0:
464,152,43020,1,0,0:0:0:0:
464,152,43127,5,4,3:0:0:0:
464,48,43448,1,0,0:0:0:0:
464,48,43555,1,4,3:0:0:0:
408,96,43770,1,0,0:0:0:0:
288,40,43984,1,12,3:0:0:0:
288,144,44305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
288,144,44412,1,4,3:0:0:0:
336,96,44627,1,0,0:0:0:0:
288,216,44841,5,4,3:0:0:0:
184,216,45162,1,0,0:0:0:0:
184,216,45269,1,4,3:0:0:0:
232,264,45484,1,0,0:0:0:0:
176,384,45698,1,12,3:0:0:0:
280,384,46019,1,0,0:0:0:0:
280,384,46126,1,4,3:0:0:0:
232,336,46341,1,0,0:0:0:0:
288,216,46555,6,0,B|416:216|408:216,1,120.000004577637,4|4,1:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
408,72,47412,2,0,B|280:72|288:72,1,120.000004577637,4|4,3:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
192,176,48270,5,4,3:0:0:0:
48,176,48698,1,4,3:0:0:0:
192,176,49127,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,176,49555,1,4,3:0:0:0:
192,176,49984,5,4,3:0:0:0:
192,320,50412,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,320,50841,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,176,51270,1,2,0:0:0:0:
48,144,51377,1,0,0:0:0:0:
48,112,51484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
48,80,51591,1,0,0:0:0:0:
48,48,51698,5,6,0:0:0:0:
192,128,61984,5,0,1:0:0:0:
192,208,62198,1,2,0:0:0:0:
96,208,71412,1,2,0:0:0:0:
96,208,71520,1,0,1:0:0:0:
96,328,71841,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,328,72055,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,328,72162,1,0,0:0:0:0:
176,328,72270,5,0,1:0:0:0:
224,264,72484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
224,264,72591,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,328,72912,1,0,1:0:0:0:
368,264,73126,1,2,0:0:0:0:
368,264,73233,1,0,1:0:0:0:
312,160,73555,1,0,1:0:0:0:
yShadowXOP_
Loli's Mod Queue

NM

yShadowXOP_ wrote:

Insane:

1. 00:23:305 (3,4,5,6,7) - i believe that making a stream here is better because there is sound in the blue tick
  2. 00:28:555 (4) - i think the vocal start here 00:28:341 (3) -
  3. 00:57:055 - circle
  4. 00:57:162 - ^
  5. 01:03:698 (1) - spacing is not a bit exaggerated here?
Hard:

1. 00:37:984 (1) - i think here would look better with circles (in my opinion)
  2. 01:07:020 - Circle ?
Nice map man :), good luck ;)
Topic Starter
Dubturt

yShadowXOP_ wrote:

Loli's Mod Queue

NM

yShadowXOP_ wrote:

Insane:

1. 00:23:305 (3,4,5,6,7) - i believe that making a stream here is better because there is sound in the blue tick there aren't any significant sounds on the blue tick that i need to follow and making it into a stream seems unnatural
  2. 00:28:555 (4) - i think the vocal start here 00:28:341 (3) - -im keeping it this way to follow the pattern of 00:26:627 (3,4) but i see your concern though
  3. 00:57:055 - circle -im gonna keep it this way
  4. 00:57:162 - ^-i understand for the first one but why add circle here?
  5. 01:03:698 (1) - spacing is not a bit exaggerated here?ill lessen the distance just a little bit
Hard:

1. 00:37:984 (1) - i think here would look better with circles (in my opinion)i dont want it to be tiresome for players so i made the first object into a slider
  2. 01:07:020 - Circle ? -why though?
Nice map man :), good luck ;)
-thanks for mod
Hishiro Chizuru
Easy:

00:25:984 (1) - make this flow like this to keep consistency -> 00:14:841 (5,1) -
00:32:841 (1) - I think you can get away with not having a linear flow from 00:31:127 (2) - to 00:32:841 (1) - . My thought is having 00:32:841 (1) - not on the same place/overlapping 00:29:412 (1) -
00:56:841 (1,3) - considering this is easy, might be a bit hard to read as this is a perfect stack (not too sure, as idk how completely new players would react to this)

Normal:

00:00:270 (1) - SV might be too fast for a beginning slider
00:44:841 (3) - I think this can afford to be ctrl+j 'd for variation
01:06:055 (6) - maybe a straight slider to keep consistency (last time this was all curved 00:57:484 (2,4,6) - and this time these two 01:04:341 (2,4) - were straight, so i just thought there might be a pattern)

Hard:

00:01:555 (3) - ctrl-j ?
00:26:841 (3,4) - i would either space 4 a bit farther away or angle it differently that the two sliders don't look like they're so close to each other
00:27:270 (4,1) - I would blanket this even though it is a new combo (just preference, w/v you think looks better, stick to it)
01:02:841 (3,4,1) - move 1 so that the head of 3, 4 and 1 make a equilateral triangle

Karen's Insane:

00:00:270 (1,2,3) - ??
00:07:127 (1,2,3) - ^
00:18:912 (10,1) - uncomfortable angle. it does emphasize the nc however. I would personally make it just a more easy to hit large jump, but it's your choice
00:39:270 (5) - why use sliders here when you seem so reluctant to use them earlier and later on in the song and use circles for filler beats? the long sliders I can sorta get but if the gimmick is the use of predominantly circles for the music, stick to it rather than using a slider so suddenly and making it feel out of place (this applies to the other 1/2 sliders)

Insane:

00:27:270 (5) - ctrl+j
00:39:698 (1,2,3,4) - pattern looks a bit ugly, use consistent angles
00:03:484 (4,1,2,3) - whoops missed this one on the first look through, it applies the same as ^
00:18:055 (3,4) - jump felt awkward. if you want to stack 00:17:412 (1,4) - then maybe make 00:17:841 (2,3) - smaller. the big jump to small jump feels off
00:22:555 (1,2) - spacing too small imo compared to other slider patterns
00:41:627 (2,3,4) - i would reconsider flow
00:46:127 (5) - would personally ctrl-j this. up to you
00:49:555 (5) - rotate this a bit clockwise to complement 00:49:984 (1) - better. or blanke it it better. either or
01:23:412 (1) - i would nc this

gl on rank! >w<)b
Topic Starter
Dubturt

[ amb1d3x ] wrote:

Easy:

00:25:984 (1) - make this flow like this to keep consistency -> 00:14:841 (5,1) - i'm keeping it this way because its a new verse in the song
00:32:841 (1) - I think you can get away with not having a linear flow from 00:31:127 (2) - to 00:32:841 (1) - . My thought is having 00:32:841 (1) - not on the same place/overlapping 00:29:412 (1) - -i see what you mean here i think i fixed it
00:56:841 (1,3) - considering this is easy, might be a bit hard to read as this is a perfect stack (not too sure, as idk how completely new players would react to this) -there is enough time i think to react to 3

Normal:

00:00:270 (1) - SV might be too fast for a beginning slider -i think this is fine, and there are no SV changes in this difficulty
00:44:841 (3) - I think this can afford to be ctrl+j 'd for variationnice
01:06:055 (6) - maybe a straight slider to keep consistency (last time this was all curved 00:57:484 (2,4,6) - and this time these two 01:04:341 (2,4) - were straight, so i just thought there might be a pattern)oh my bad

Hard:

00:01:555 (3) - ctrl-j ?keep
00:26:841 (3,4) - i would either space 4 a bit farther away or angle it differently that the two sliders don't look like they're so close to each otheri see, well i distanced it a bit
00:27:270 (4,1) - I would blanket this even though it is a new combo (just preference, w/v you think looks better, stick to it) tried to blanket it as much as it could look good
01:02:841 (3,4,1) - move 1 so that the head of 3, 4 and 1 make a equilateral trianglenice

Insane:

00:27:270 (5) - ctrl+j nice
00:39:698 (1,2,3,4) - pattern looks a bit ugly, use consistent angleswell i see what you mean here but i want to make a diamond shape so i did what i can do to fix it
00:03:484 (4,1,2,3) - whoops missed this one on the first look through, it applies the same as ^ removed4
00:18:055 (3,4) - jump felt awkward. if you want to stack 00:17:412 (1,4) - then maybe make 00:17:841 (2,3) - smaller. the big jump to small jump feels offnerfed distance
00:22:555 (1,2) - spacing too small imo compared to other slider patternsadjusted
00:41:627 (2,3,4) - i would reconsider flownice
00:46:127 (5) - would personally ctrl-j this. up to youkeep
00:49:555 (5) - rotate this a bit clockwise to complement 00:49:984 (1) - better. or blanke it it better. either ormy bad
01:23:412 (1) - i would nc thiswhy though

gl on rank! >w<)b
thanks for mod, was supposed to reply earlier but i was waiting for other requested mods  ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄
Agatsu
q
hey im watching this show rn :3

• [insane]
  1. 00:08:412 (3) - you should increase the spacing here so it can be similiar to 00:01:555 (3) - which has similiar melody
  2. 00:09:270 (2) - you can condense this into two circles to make this part more intuitive
  3. 00:12:270 - from this point onwards, i think you should emphasize drum snares and drum crashes with larger spacing :3

[hard]
  4. 00:16:984 (5,1,2,3) - something like this would work better
  5. 00:25:984 (1) - move this away from 00:25:127 (3) - because they are awfully close to each other
  6. 00:55:020 - you should map the 1/4 here for the vocals

great map :)
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Agatsu wrote:

q
hey im watching this show rn :3 iz good show 8.5/10

• [insane]
  1. 00:08:412 (3) - you should increase the spacing here so it can be similiar to 00:01:555 (3) - which has similiar melodythanks for this
  2. 00:09:270 (2) - you can condense this into two circles to make this part more intuitive -i guess this fits more if referring to her syllabication of words
  3. 00:12:270 - from this point onwards, i think you should emphasize drum snares and drum crashes with larger spacing :3 ill try to understand this with the best of my knowledge

[hard]
  4. 00:16:984 (5,1,2,3) - something like this would work better it does sound better and its better to have stacks not start on the white tick here anyway
  5. 00:25:984 (1) - move this away from 00:25:127 (3) - because they are awfully close to each otherfixed
  6. 00:55:020 - you should map the 1/4 here for the vocals
so yeah i kind of changed some parts in the chorus so it would all be similar and yes i did put the 1/4 so i did like a stack like 01:08:627 (5,6,1)

great map :)
thanks for the mod (^^
Karen

[ amb1d3x ] wrote:

Karen's Insane:

00:00:270 (1,2,3) - ?? ??
00:07:127 (1,2,3) - ^ ^
00:18:912 (10,1) - uncomfortable angle. it does emphasize the nc however. I would personally make it just a more easy to hit large jump, but it's your choice it's an easy jump...
00:39:270 (5) - why use sliders here when you seem so reluctant to use them earlier and later on in the song and use circles for filler beats? the long sliders I can sorta get but if the gimmick is the use of predominantly circles for the music, stick to it rather than using a slider so suddenly and making it feel out of place (this applies to the other 1/2 sliders) the sliders are for the vocals when the drums are not strong
thanks!
Astar
Much love Karen-chan, here's my free of charge mod.

[Karen's Insane]
  1. OD9->OD8
  2. 00:24:055 (10,1) - inconsistent spacing, can't hear anything in the music that would explain this increased distance
    00:28:663 (4) - https://star.s-ul.eu/upB40qOt ????? (you seem to try keeping the same distance between objects yet we have a weird distance change over here), for example you did the similar pattern over here 00:33:805 (4) and kept the proper distance.
  3. 00:30:698 (5,6,1) - https://star.s-ul.eu/7ZglIN83 -> https://star.s-ul.eu/LfT6CmYg maybe?
  4. Kiai part seems solid
Good luck!
Delis
you don't want a video? well I'm not really familiar with handling with videos so its totally up to you.
apparently the artist should be either Toyama Nao or Nao Toyama. source: http://toyamanao.com/index.html / https://lineblog.me/toyamanao/ add touyama to tags instead.
also another metadata for next bns and myself. https://tsukigakirei.jp/goods/cd/
[Insane]
00:02:841 (3) - whistle on the head for the piano?
00:09:270 (2,3) - use a smaller spacing here maybe, this currently does look pretty similar to 1/3 where you did it 00:03:698 (1,2,3) -
00:11:841 (1) - use drum finish instead of normal finish. you can choose it from the top-left in the edit screen, and edit the additions to drum. https://delisha.s-ul.eu/KCXEajme
00:12:270 (1) - and finish on this fits nicely.
00:18:270 (4) - I forgot to mention this out but the 3/4 slider should start from 00:18:055 - not 00:18:270 - because the guitar isn't picked properly right now. https://delisha.s-ul.eu/Xu5XZG8a is how the rhythm should be at here, so the claps on the slider ends work pretty good.
00:26:412 (2) - about the whistle usage from here, I'd suggest you to catch the guitar sounds instead of placing whistles consistently. so for example, 00:26:412 (2) - remove, 00:26:627 (3) - add, 00:26:841 (4) - remove from sliderhead. 00:28:127 (2) - remove, 00:28:341 (3) - add, 00:28:555 (4) - remove from the head. so like that the hitsounding will match to the song really better, I think this goes to the rest of the part so please have a check the rest. though there's some exception such as 00:30:698 (6,7) - since they fit to the piano, you should keep them as is. so following the logic I provided here, 00:31:770 (4) - whistle on the slider head works nicely too, since it can follow both the piano and the guitar at the same time.
00:51:270 (4) - clap on the head fits
01:19:984 (6) - you might want a nc here because, it's the climax of the map and the jump is actually the largest? in the mapset so for a easier reading perhaps.
01:19:448 (3) - clap here? I don't really have any reason but I found it fitting somehow.
01:24:270 (6) - finish

ok I can see you improved it so nice, good job! by the way the hitsounds mod for this difficulty can be applied to the rest of the difficulties, ofc except karen's lol.

@Karen did you change the stackleniency accidentally? I asked okorin if the stackleniency being 0 is fine and then the answer was a yes, you should change it back lol. also OD 8 please, this isn't the highest difficulty. this od doesn't treat people who are going to play an easier insane nicely.
and about the spacing I've mentioned, you addresed it in the right way as I meant the spacing was inconsistent with the previous circles even though having the same rhythm here.
[Hard]
00:00:270 (1,2,3) - a bit minor, but you've used x0.9 spacing among the objects but once 00:01:984 (1) - this slider is mapped, it switched to x1.2 or something around. this isn't probably the best idea thus I recommend you to apply the x1.2-ish spacing for 00:00:270 (1,2,3) - as well.
00:39:270 (6) - how about mapping it a 1/2 slider instead of a circle? it can follow the vocals and can solve a minor problem that causes the spacing between 00:39:270 (6,1) - hard to read. https://delisha.s-ul.eu/uPhQ9of9
[Normal]
01:04:127 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - they have different hitsounding from the other diffs, the insane and hard had claps on the red ticks not the white ticks. though I think the way you've done hitsounding for this diff is what I like most, maybe apply this to Insane and Hard instead? (I mean, use the usage of claps that being on 2/4 white ticks for other diffs. only this section though.) 01:17:841 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - don't forget to do the same thing here too if you considered to apply the suggestion here.
01:15:270 (3) - only this is made in a different rhythm, although making rhythm consistent and constant is a nice idea which feels more comfy, so 01:01:770 (3) - 01:08:627 (3) - map them with 1/2 sliders too for better consistency?
[Easy]
00:55:984 (5,1) - the distance between them is a bit messed, maybe adjust the slider end 00:55:984 (5) - to make it just x0.9.
01:20:841 (1) - you could curve it for more cute pattern? lol https://delisha.s-ul.eu/i5O3G88o

---
ok this is pretty much everything, thank you for not giving up even though I gave you long mods twice!(and this is the third time!) I'll come back once again after karen's done with replying to the mod, and once this mod is addressed.
Topic Starter
Dubturt

Delis wrote:

you don't want a video? well I'm not really familiar with handling with videos so its totally up to you. it would be great if i had a video, but idk where i can get one or who can provide for me :o (edit: the video changes every episode soooooo yeah rip)
apparently the artist should be either Toyama Nao or Nao Toyama. source: http://toyamanao.com/index.html / https://lineblog.me/toyamanao/ add touyama to tags instead. -aight
also another metadata for next bns and myself. https://tsukigakirei.jp/goods/cd/
[Insane]
00:18:270 (4) - I forgot to mention this out but the 3/4 slider should start from 00:18:055 - not 00:18:270 - because the guitar isn't picked properly right now. https://delisha.s-ul.eu/Xu5XZG8a is how the rhythm should be at here, so the claps on the slider ends work pretty good. -sounds better but idk if my patterning here will look good or if it plays well :?
00:26:412 (2) - about the whistle usage from here, I'd suggest you to catch the guitar sounds instead of placing whistles consistently. so for example, 00:26:412 (2) - remove, 00:26:627 (3) - add, 00:26:841 (4) - remove from sliderhead. 00:28:127 (2) - remove, 00:28:341 (3) - add, 00:28:555 (4) - remove from the head. so like that the hitsounding will match to the song really better, I think this goes to the rest of the part so please have a check the rest. though there's some exception such as 00:30:698 (6,7) - since they fit to the piano, you should keep them as is. so following the logic I provided here, 00:31:770 (4) - whistle on the slider head works nicely too, since it can follow both the piano and the guitar at the same time. -woah sugoi

ok I can see you improved it so nice, good job! by the way the hitsounds mod for this difficulty can be applied to the rest of the difficulties, ofc except karen's lol. -noted

[Hard]
00:00:270 (1,2,3) - a bit minor, but you've used x0.9 spacing among the objects but once 00:01:984 (1) - this slider is mapped, it switched to x1.2 or something around. this isn't probably the best idea thus I recommend you to apply the x1.2-ish spacing for 00:00:270 (1,2,3) - as well. -ive considered this, but whats the meaning behind why its probably not the best idea? but i did change it so yeah

[Normal]
01:04:127 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - they have different hitsounding from the other diffs, the insane and hard had claps on the red ticks not the white ticks. though I think the way you've done hitsounding for this diff is what I like most, maybe apply this to Insane and Hard instead? (I mean, use the usage of claps that being on 2/4 white ticks for other diffs. only this section though.) 01:17:841 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - don't forget to do the same thing here too if you considered to apply the suggestion here. -it does fit well with the other diffs, i might consider this

[Easy]
00:55:984 (5,1) - the distance between them is a bit messed, maybe adjust the slider end 00:55:984 (5) - to make it just x0.9.
01:20:841 (1) - you could curve it for more cute pattern? lol https://delisha.s-ul.eu/i5O3G88o

---
ok this is pretty much everything, thank you for not giving up even though I gave you long mods twice!(and this is the third time!) I'll come back once again after karen's done with replying to the mod, and once this mod is addressed.
thanks again (for the 3rd time) you've been a huge help, all other things you mentioned that i didnt comment were all done, thanks again
Karen

Astar wrote:

Much love Karen-chan, here's my free of charge mod.

[Karen's Insane]
  1. OD9->OD8
  2. 00:24:055 (10,1) - inconsistent spacing, can't hear anything in the music that would explain this increased distance added a finish now so it has something to emphasize
    00:28:663 (4) - https://star.s-ul.eu/upB40qOt ????? (you seem to try keeping the same distance between objects yet we have a weird distance change over here), for example you did the similar pattern over here 00:33:805 (4) and kept the proper distance.
  3. 00:30:698 (5,6,1) - https://star.s-ul.eu/7ZglIN83 -> https://star.s-ul.eu/LfT6CmYg maybe? overlaps are bad in this map
  4. Kiai part seems solid
Good luck!
hp 5 -> 6
od 9 -> 8
sl 2 -> 0
Thank you!
SPOILER
osu file format v14

[General]

[Editor]
DistanceSpacing: 1

[Metadata]
Artist:Toyama Nao
Tags:karen op tsuki ga kirei as the moon so beautiful touyama
BeatmapID:1356825
BeatmapSetID:617836

[Difficulty]
HPDrainRate:6
OverallDifficulty:8

[Events]
//Break Periods

[TimingPoints]
12270,-100,4,2,0,60,0,0
53412,-100,4,2,0,65,0,1

[Colours]

[HitObjects]
96,320,23412,1,0,1:0:0:0:
368,240,24270,5,4,1:0:0:0:
344,192,28020,1,0,0:0:0:0:
432,128,28341,1,0,0:0:0:0:
512,192,28663,1,0,0:0:0:0:
424,264,28984,1,2,0:0:0:0:
424,384,29305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
424,384,29412,5,0,1:0:0:0:
120,208,38948,1,0,0:0:0:0:
200,280,39270,2,0,L|200:360,1,60.0000022888184,0|0,1:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
464,368,41412,6,0,L|344:368,1,120.000004577637,2|4,3:2|3:0,0:0:0:0:
344,224,42270,2,0,L|464:224,1,120.000004577637,2|4,3:2|3:0,0:0:0:0:
464,152,42912,1,0,0:0:0:0:
464,152,43020,1,0,0:0:0:0:
464,152,43127,5,4,3:0:0:0:
464,48,43448,1,0,0:0:0:0:
464,48,43555,1,4,3:0:0:0:
408,96,43770,1,0,0:0:0:0:
288,40,43984,1,12,3:0:0:0:
288,144,44305,1,0,0:0:0:0:
288,144,44412,1,4,3:0:0:0:
336,96,44627,1,0,0:0:0:0:
288,216,44841,5,4,3:0:0:0:
184,216,45162,1,0,0:0:0:0:
184,216,45269,1,4,3:0:0:0:
232,264,45484,1,0,0:0:0:0:
176,384,45698,1,12,3:0:0:0:
280,384,46019,1,0,0:0:0:0:
280,384,46126,1,4,3:0:0:0:
232,336,46341,1,0,0:0:0:0:
288,216,46555,6,0,B|416:216|408:216,1,120.000004577637,4|4,1:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
408,72,47412,2,0,B|280:72|288:72,1,120.000004577637,4|4,3:0|3:0,0:0:0:0:
192,176,48270,5,4,3:0:0:0:
48,176,48698,1,4,3:0:0:0:
192,176,49127,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,176,49555,1,4,3:0:0:0:
192,176,49984,5,4,3:0:0:0:
192,320,50412,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,320,50841,1,4,3:0:0:0:
48,176,51270,1,2,0:0:0:0:
48,144,51377,1,0,0:0:0:0:
48,112,51484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
48,80,51591,1,0,0:0:0:0:
48,48,51698,5,6,0:0:0:0:
192,128,61984,5,0,1:0:0:0:
192,208,62198,1,2,0:0:0:0:
96,208,71412,1,2,0:0:0:0:
96,208,71520,1,0,1:0:0:0:
96,328,71841,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,328,72055,1,0,1:0:0:0:
176,328,72162,1,0,0:0:0:0:
176,328,72270,5,0,1:0:0:0:
224,264,72484,1,2,0:0:0:0:
224,264,72591,1,0,1:0:0:0:
320,328,72912,1,0,1:0:0:0:
368,264,73126,1,2,0:0:0:0:
368,264,73233,1,0,1:0:0:0:
312,160,73555,1,0,1:0:0:0:
Delis
IRC log
14:55 Delis: ooook so let's get to the final check now
14:56 Delis: if you're not busy since it might take a bit
14:56 Dubturt: im not busy (^^
14:57 Delis: 00:02:841 - whistle in easy? you put it in other diffs but here
14:57 Delis: the sliderend!
14:58 Dubturt: uh
14:58 Dubturt: i forgot about the one wops
14:58 Delis: xD
14:59 Delis: 00:09:270 (2,3) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8676772 maybe this to clarify the timing gap more clear (in Insane)
15:00 Delis: 00:17:412 (1,3) - make the curve a bit softer? they look too much imo lol
15:01 Dubturt: woah yeah
15:01 Dubturt: i was worried with that part
15:01 Delis: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8676781 something like this feels better prob
15:02 Delis: 00:35:412 (2) - whistle on the head? for the piano
15:03 Delis: also easy has whistle here lol so
15:03 Dubturt: got it
15:03 Dubturt: im deaf XD
15:04 Delis: 00:43:984 (4) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8676790 like this could work as well but pretty sure its up to you
15:04 Delis: its just like I prefer it xD
15:05 Dubturt: ah blanket? right?
15:06 Delis: well more like, I prefer how the jump into the triplet flows
15:06 Delis: :p
15:06 Delis: 01:24:270 (4) - has soft sampleset only on easy and normal while hard and insane have normal sampleset
15:06 Delis: o also its whistle +_·
15:07 Delis: change it to sampleset normal, and finish instead of whistle
15:07 Dubturt: why have i not noticed this
15:08 Delis: haha
15:08 Delis: hitsound thing is lazy so that sometimes happens lol
15:08 Dubturt: hitsounding makes me want to cry lol
15:09 Delis: https://delisha.s-ul.eu/Gc8SxJxW
15:09 Delis: this could be helpful to check consistency thourgh the diffs
15:09 Delis: fyi if you didn't know it :P
15:10 Dubturt: is this the ctr+o option thingy?
15:10 Dubturt: ctrl*
15:11 Delis: oh yeah
15:11 Delis: I
15:11 Delis: DIDN'T
15:11 Delis: KNOW
15:11 Delis: THAT!!
15:11 Delis: Lol
15:11 Dubturt: WAT
15:11 Delis: that the command does exist
15:11 Delis: lol
15:11 Dubturt: lmao
15:12 Delis: 00:44:627 (6) - in hard is this clap on purpose? since the insane had nothing here
15:12 Delis: but this fits okay so
15:12 Dubturt: uh should i add that clap to the insane aswell?
15:12 Delis: if you like to go as is might wanna put it on other diffs too for consistency
15:12 Delis: yea
15:13 Dubturt: aight amm go do that
15:13 Delis: like
15:13 Delis: 00:44:734 (6) -
15:13 Delis: in insane, you could put here instead of (5)
15:13 Delis: because it's a triplet this somehow sounds better for me :x
15:14 Dubturt: alright
15:14 Dubturt: 00:45:591 (3) - how bout here?
15:14 Delis: ah the clap doesn't really fit to the rhythm you built up for insane lol nvm kill me
15:14 Delis: you can ignore consistency about here, only using it on hard is fine!
15:14 Dubturt: so remove it from 00:44:734 (6) - ?
15:14 Dubturt: ah ok lol
15:14 Delis: yea yea
15:14 Delis: lol
15:14 Delis: sorry
15:14 Dubturt: its fine its fine
15:15 Delis: but could give a try on 00:46:127 (4) - slider end in hard?
15:15 Dubturt: woah
15:15 Dubturt: amazing
15:16 Delis: on normal 00:27:698 (4,5) - switch the whistles between its slider end and the circle? (sorry for switching among difficulties for several times lol)
15:16 Delis: it seems I suck at rechecking things XD
15:16 Dubturt: its fine haha
15:17 Dubturt: im trying my best to follow
15:17 Delis: take your time!
15:17 Dubturt: so 00:28:341 (5) - will have the whistle instead?
15:17 Delis: 00:28:770 (6) - whistle on both because 00:26:412 (2) - has on both for the vocals perhaps?
15:17 Dubturt: oh
15:17 Delis: yea
15:18 Dubturt: yea
15:18 Delis: because the vocal there is at 00:28:020 - and 00:28:341 (5) - is the guitar, would be better to catch the instrumental
15:19 Delis: 00:31:127 (5,6) - so yea, according to the reason, switch them too?
15:19 Delis: replace the whistle on the slider end to the circle
15:19 Dubturt: oh i see
15:20 Delis: 00:35:198 (5) - whistle for the guitar + vocal?
15:20 Dubturt: yes i did that
15:20 Dubturt: i wa s about to mention it
15:20 Delis: 00:35:627 (6) - could use whistles for both sliderhead and end
15:20 Delis: nice
15:22 Delis: 00:43:984 - probably remove the whistle in all diffs, here's the only one place you used whistle and clap at the same time in this part
15:24 Dubturt: oh
15:24 Dubturt: idk how that was there tbh
15:24 Delis: 00:03:698 (5) - might be minor, but any reason that the combo is continuing over 4 measures?
15:25 Dubturt: easy diff?
15:25 Delis: 00:12:270 (1,1) - like this, you're comboing the rest within 2 measures
15:25 Delis: ah yes
15:25 Delis: mb lol
15:25 Dubturt: well....
15:25 Dubturt: umm
15:26 Dubturt: i didnt notice??
15:26 Dubturt: well my bad haha
15:26 Delis: oh well also I got a suggestion for the rhythm here
15:27 Delis: 00:05:412 - how about making the slider until 00:06:055 - to follow the piano instead of vocals?
15:27 Delis: i mean
15:27 Delis: change 00:04:770 (6) - this slider to what i said
15:28 Delis: since 00:03:698 (5) - was for the piano + guitar suddenly switching to the vocal and ignoring the piano felt awful for me
15:28 Dubturt: alright lets see what i can do
15:28 Dubturt: with it
15:28 Dubturt: holy thats one long slider
15:29 Delis: well yea lol
15:29 Delis: 00:12:270 (1) - finish instead of clap
15:30 Dubturt: ah forgot to change
15:31 Dubturt: is this offscreen?
15:31 Dubturt: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8676857
15:31 Delis: suspicious lol
15:31 Delis: try a testplay?
15:32 Dubturt: well it does overlap with my hit error bar thing
15:33 Delis: if you're unsure with it I'll have an another check after my recheck is done and updated it lol
15:33 Delis: 01:05:305 (7,1) - how about stack them on 01:04:984 (6) -'s slider end like 01:04:127 (2,3,4) - ?
15:33 Dubturt: ill just move it up a bit then for now
15:34 Dubturt: on hard?
15:34 Delis: LOL
15:34 Delis: INSANE
15:34 Delis: sorry
15:34 Delis: LoL
15:34 Delis: I always forgot to mention which difficulty im talking about lol
15:35 Delis: 01:22:020 (5) - remove this circle? it can build up structure pretty much nice with 01:23:412 (4,5) -
15:35 Delis: so according to it, https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8676866 patternin something like this is also nice
15:36 Dubturt: regarding 01:05:305 (7,1) will it apply to 00:58:448 (7,1)?
15:36 Dubturt: oh wat
15:36 Dubturt: 00:58:448 (7,1)
15:36 Delis: hm
15:37 Delis: that one is exception as one more triplet is there after the slider?
15:37 Dubturt: ah i see
15:37 Delis: if you rather care of consistency, you don't need to change the point where I suggested lol
15:37 Delis: also that's it i guess
15:38 Dubturt: aight
15:38 Dubturt: ill see what to do with 01:05:305 (7,1)
15:39 Delis: that was simply a suggestion so whatever is fine :b
15:39 Dubturt: but is it fine either way?
15:39 Delis: yea
15:40 Dubturt: ah ok
15:40 Delis: https://delisha.s-ul.eu/ZnfwrB1s also you might wanna use jpg ver of the bg because the quality is almost same while less filesize
15:41 Delis: there's not much difference tho xD
15:41 Dubturt: oh thanks :)
15:41 Dubturt: well lesser filesize the better i guess
15:41 Delis: ye
15:42 Delis: oh before update things there's something might cause to be unrankable
15:42 Delis: wait a secx
15:42 Delis: sec*
15:43 Delis: ok so, soft-hitfinish.wav is unused
15:43 Dubturt: i should remove it then?
15:44 Delis: and normal-hitfinish.wav has slightly delay, replace it to https://delisha.s-ul.eu/y1ajkE2e
15:44 Delis: yea
15:44 Dubturt: the soft-hitfinish was my first finish sound but it sounded very weak XD
15:44 Dubturt: so yeah amma go change it
15:44 Delis: then everything should be fine!
15:44 Dubturt: yey
15:46 Delis: tell me when you updated it :D
15:46 Dubturt: alright
15:46 Dubturt: btw
15:47 Dubturt: are videos necessary for like tv sized op?
15:47 Dubturt: or i could just leave it as is
15:47 Delis: thats optional
15:47 Dubturt: oh cool
15:47 Delis: and yea, perhaps better without video because as you said it's different on each episode
15:47 Delis: oh wait
15:47 Delis: but
15:48 Delis: was op different every episode?
15:48 Delis: can't really remember lol
15:48 Dubturt: at the end of the video
15:48 Dubturt: like near end
15:48 Dubturt: it shows the different scenes of the episod
15:48 Dubturt: of that particualr episode
15:48 Delis: o yea
15:48 Delis: got it
15:49 Dubturt: yeas
15:49 Dubturt: alright updated (^^
15:49 Delis: oook
15:50 Delis: btw I thought you wouldn't take karen's diff lol
15:50 Dubturt: well............
15:50 Dubturt: i couldnt say no? eh
15:50 Delis: well his diff is unique so why not :PPPP
15:50 Dubturt: yeah its pretty fun
15:51 Dubturt: not really meta so its cool
15:52 Delis: 00:35:412 (2) - i think you forgot to put whistle on hard xD
15:52 Dubturt: WAT
15:52 Dubturt: OMG
15:53 Dubturt: TT_TT
15:53 Dubturt: fixed
15:54 Delis: 00:36:698 (2) - whistle on the slider tail (normal)
15:54 Dubturt: oh dem
15:55 Delis: in easy: 00:04:770 (2) - i meant this to start 00:05:412 - and end at 00:06:055 for only the piano xD
15:55 Delis: 00:06:055 - *
15:56 Dubturt: OH
15:56 Dubturt: SHI
15:56 Dubturt: oooookay then
15:56 Dubturt: my bad
15:57 Delis: 00:30:055 - whistle / 00:31:127 (2) - whistle on reverse and sliderend / 00:35:412 (5) - whistle on sliderend / 00:36:270 (1) - reverse and sliderend / 00:37:984 (2) - same i guess
15:57 Delis: forgot to check this in easy hehe my bad again
15:58 Delis: iiij
15:59 Delis: oooookkkkkk
15:59 Delis: *
15:59 Delis: update it once the thing is addressed
15:59 Dubturt: ok ok
15:59 Dubturt: whistle also here? 00:29:412 (1) -
15:59 Delis: but you don't want to have whistle and clap at same place?
15:59 Delis: wait
16:00 Delis: i was watching insane xD
16:00 Delis: yes
16:00 Delis: the reverse and sliderend
16:00 Dubturt: alright
16:01 Delis: that's finally everything!
16:01 Dubturt: yey haha
16:01 Dubturt: updated again haha
16:02 Dubturt: i hope i didnt mindblock anything again
16:02 Delis: I GOTCHU ALREADY
16:02 Delis: 00:31:127 (2) -
16:02 Delis: THE WHISTLE ON THE SLIDERHEAD IS
16:02 Delis: UGUU.
16:02 Delis: like
16:02 Dubturt: OH SHI
16:03 Delis: you didn't really need to put whistles on the sliderheads where i suggested
16:03 Delis: so 00:36:270 (1) - too
16:03 Delis: in easy btw
16:03 Dubturt: ahdhgfjksdagfdusa
16:03 Dubturt: my bad
16:03 Dubturt: really sorry
16:04 Dubturt: or maybe i when i clicked on it i mightve selectred the head and end
16:04 Delis: hehe that's ok
16:04 Delis: yea
16:04 Dubturt: uwu
16:04 Dubturt: mb
16:04 Delis: that's it!!

after several changes on irc I feel really like to put this forward so have a bubble here!
Seijiro

EDIT: the above is apparently rankable but no one bothered to add it in any official way anywhere I could find (they PM'd me telling me it actually is, which is quite misleading for whoever doesn't have connections or chances to encounter it personally while modding)

Also, the set doesn't seem that high in quality if you ask me.
I might mod later to clarify this statement.
Topic Starter
Dubturt
rip
Seijiro
Turns out SL0 is actually rankable, but is not written anywhere I could consider official in any way (I guess you should blame those handling the RC I guess, but it doesn't matter)

The mod I promised.
I will most likely focus just on top diff in detail and give pointers on lower diffs.

The main problem here is execution imo, which could have been better with proper precautions (you'll see what I mean later)

Insane:
  1. 00:00:055 - well, this might be personal, but seeing the map after this part I can see you don't really ignore vocals.
    That being said, it feels strange to skip this beat imo (on all diffs that can handle such fast rhythm)
  2. 00:03:270 (4) - wondering on what instrument this slider falls... Piano has a really long note on 00:02:841 - , while vocals are clearly spelling a new lyric at 00:03:055 - and 00:03:484 - .
    The main concept here is that whatever we click will feel as important to the player. You here put a click on something that is not in the music (or it doesn't really require a click, just a slider tail at best).
    Possible fix: with circles || with a repeat
  3. 00:03:698 (1,2,3,4) - as for this one, be careful about visual spacing. Odd snaps are harder to play if you don't help the player through visual clues (usually, the Distance Spacing being constant helps). In this case, visual spacing between 00:04:341 (3,4) - is kinda similar (if not identical) to 00:03:698 (1,2) - .
    While it may not be a big deal, it does change how the map looks and also feels (because it plays differently).
    Among the possible solutions we have of course using a constant DS, but I usually prefer using a "spacing reset":
    by stacking two objects you make it easier to click, since the player won't need to care about moving away. This way you also become more free in fact of mapping choices, since the stack makes it a good start for a new pattern (since you're standing still in one point)
  4. 00:04:770 (4,5,1) - little side note: you could have attempted to make them straight at least lol. It kinda sucks with the slight curve which is neither a curve nor a straight line xD
  5. 00:08:841 (1,2,3,4,5) - another core concept is to try to at least give some sort of form to your pattern. Not having any visual restriction is bad, since everything looks on its own instead of being together in the combo. To put it in different words: it looks random.
    You could have also respected DS a bit more if you were at it 00:09:484 (3,4,5) - otherwise it makes me wonder why such a choice was made in the first place: was it because you didn't realize it? Or was it because you did realize it and ignored it? Or simply because it is part of some style I can't recognize? Etc...
    This doesn't mean "make only geometric patterns". As long as it has either a solid set of rules or a well defined form, it's fine (how to do both of these would take me a whole day to put into words effectively tho, sorry)
  6. 00:14:841 (4) - one more small detail that improves greatly the map in the long run: why not mirroring it horizontally with Ctrl H for a better and smoother flow?
  7. 00:22:984 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - you lost me here, since I can't seem to find the rhythm you are representing into the song.
    For example, I can hear a stream starting from 00:23:627 - but you keep a 1/2 rhythm, while I find the triplet at 00:23:198 - strange because of this choice: you skip a real stream into the song and map a fake stream elsewhere... ?.?
    The matter continues with 00:24:270 (1,2,3,4) - , where I would either expect a stream using repeat 1/4 sliders. If I take 00:25:555 (4) - I also hear you skipped a triplet on the piano, which is again strange:
    - 00:25:770 - slider body, no emphasis
    - 00:25:877 - slider tail, slight emphasis
    - 00:25:984 - slider head, strong emphasis
    Even tho all of them are a triplet, as mentioned above
  8. 00:28:341 (3,4) - it feels to me that in general you were a bit losing focus on the song while mapping, since most long notes on vocals get delayed or misinterpreted in some way like this one. The long note should start on 00:28:341 (3) - , aka slider. If you make it start from 00:28:555 - I can't really connect it with anything important in the song.
  9. 00:30:055 (4,5) - same with the guitar here. Try starting a slider from 00:30:055 - instead and tell me which is better =)
    I won't mention each of the places where this happens, but it does happen a lot here and there, both on vocals and other instruments. Listen carefully
  10. I also noticed a quite varied fluctuation in your spacing across the patterns of the same part...
    For example take 00:43:127 (1,2,3) - and compare it with 00:46:555 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - . You can clearly see a big difference in spacing, although I can personally not justify with anything in the music tbh
  11. 01:01:555 (4,5,6,7,1) - let's talk about hitsounds too for a bit.
    Leaving rhythm aside, it is generally misleading to place strong hitsounds on beats that are usually placed in similar manners to weaker beats. Let me explain:
    the whole 01:01:555 (4,5,6,7,1) - is a stream. As such, you are saying that all those beats in that stream are equally important and that's fine on its own (although the rhythm is different). What is not fine is that your hitsounding is saying that not all beats are important there, but only 01:01:770 (6,1) - .
    Now... which is telling the truth? xD
    It feels like two people talking to me simultaneously. One tells me to go right, the other tells me to go left.
    You should make sure that each aspect of the map is telling the same thing if you want to create a clear map for the player.
  12. 01:01:555 (4,5,6,7,1) - let's go back to talk about rhythm anyway tho...
    Here I am gonna take a more general concept in consideration and go over some things you should consider when mapping the whole map, not just this part.
    Take in consideration the parts: from 00:53:412 - to 01:00:270 - and from 01:00:270 - to 01:07:127 - .
    Why do you think I pointed this out? =)
    It's because those two parts are the same "verse" in the music. What happens is that the composer made the first 4 measures (00:53:412 - 01:00:270 - ) and then he hit ctrl+C/V and copied the same rhythm for the second verse (01:00:270 - 01:07:127 - ).
    How this affects the map tho?
    While the "ideal" choice would be to map the same way both verses I find it a bit too rigid and it usually turns out to be boring if you don't add elements of variety, that's why you should try to at least keep a general idea which is similar for both parts.
    This means that at least the rhythm and a couple more aspects of the first part should be kept for the second too.
    01:01:555 (4,5,6,7,1) - this stream is placed as a replacement for 00:54:698 (6,7,8,1) - (if you count each measure and each white tick you will see it's the same part) which I personally find inappropriate since the music didn't change that much as to require a radical change like this.
    Changing rhythm is a big matter for the map, be careful.
  13. Similar matter happens with 01:06:698 (4,5,6,7) - , which is replacing 00:59:841 (7,8,9,1) - .
    I can see you do this change consistently (sort of), but I can't see it as warranted tbh. Not with this type of song at least.
  14. 00:59:841 (7,8) - small tip, on a really different matter.
    Try increasing the spacing between these. It helps putting more emphasis on 01:00:270 (1) - and making it feel stronger ; )
  15. Last important thing I want to point out is "pacing".
    Each song has different parts, and each part has its own "intensity", right?
    The same way, spacing and note density is how you do the same for your map: calmer parts should usually have either smaller spacing or less note density (usually both of these apply) and viceversa.
    Not sure you noticed, but after 01:20:841 - the kiai ended you still kept the same note density full of triplets from the kiai time. You did reduce the spacing and that's good, but as I said before rhythm is really important (rhythm game, duh), that's why the map here still feels heavy even tho the song is clearly and by far calmer than before.
    My suggestion is to focus on the guitar only here and map only what the guitar offers.
    If you encounter some bigger gaps consider following something else, but you don't really have many things to follow here :roll:
Hard:
  1. Rhythm here: 00:03:698 (1) - this slider is surely covering more than just what 00:06:055 (2) - covers, am I right?
    The first slider would probably be better off by being a 3/4 repeat one, to match that soft guitar which is audible enough to make it part of the map.
  2. from 00:12:270 - to 00:25:984 - I can actually say your rhythm choice is already better in this diff, since you noticed the similarities between verses I mentioned in the Insane. That being said tho, aesthetics are kinda poor, although I can't really say much here since that is a subjective aspect
  3. 00:37:984 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - really, it may sound dumb but a spinner would better represent that stream in the music imo, instead of these 1/2 beats
  4. 00:49:555 (3,1,2,3,4) - pattern is keeping a solid 1/2, but hitsounds are rather varied.
    Seeing the rhythm you have on hitsounds I would rather try to put that into the pattern too, instead of this boring 1/2: 00:49:984 (1) - make it 1/1 and delete 00:50:412 (2) - (place just a circle at 00:50:627 - instead) and so on... 00:51:270 (4) - final beat needs clearly a click, so put a circle instead of the repeat perhaps
  5. 00:57:270 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - first and probably only solid pattern which has a sort of form in the entire map. You should try to make more of these when you can, instead of rather random placements
  6. 01:20:841 - as mentioned in the Insane, it would be more appropriate to stick with the guitar here since the song calms down noticeably
Normal:
  1. For what is worth and noticeable to new players, try to give some sort of solid form to your patterns on this diff too maybe...
  2. I really appreciate the execution from 01:20:841 - . You did exactly what you should do on the upper diffs to: reducing the rhythm to match the song's pace
Easy:
  1. 00:22:555 (1,2,3,4) - be careful to not make the map too monotonous. There are better things going on in the song besides that constant 1/1 metronome. My suggestion would be: 00:22:555 - circle; 00:23:627 - 00:25:555 - slider
  2. Try to give a more solid form to your patterns here too if you can. It doesn't change much, but it makes it more clean to look at it

I tried to bold what I felt were the most important aspects you should look more into. Mapping is not just placing objects on a screen, it's more about creating something with a meaning by following the song (the meaning is up to you).
Hope this helps in some way. In case you need clarification PM me.
Good luck~

PS: the pop still remains for now, even without the SL0
Delis
I'm not here to shitpost but saying "Mapping is not just placing objects on a screen" to someone who did a better job than half of ranked maps today (subjective) is a bit rude? at very least it sounds, to me. I mean this isn't something either jumping 24/7 or spamming 1-2 patterns entire mapset, the word kinda doesn't suit.
Natteke desu
i'd say hitsounds on karen's diff sounds way more apporitate than on the last one, so consider copying (and editing, because you'll have to) them to your diff

as for other parts of the map, it's more or less fine, but still can use some polishing

also please, actually mapping is just placing objects on a screen, however, it may sound S L I G H T L Y R () () D
Topic Starter
Dubturt

MrSergio wrote:

Turns out SL0 is actually rankable, but is not written anywhere I could consider official in any way (I guess you should blame those handling the RC I guess, but it doesn't matter)

The mod I promised.
I will most likely focus just on top diff in detail and give pointers on lower diffs.

The main problem here is execution imo, which could have been better with proper precautions (you'll see what I mean later)

Insane:
  1. 00:00:055 - well, this might be personal, but seeing the map after this part I can see you don't really ignore vocals.
    That being said, it feels strange to skip this beat imo (on all diffs that can handle such fast rhythm)-i'm gonna keep it this way still, yes there is a sound there but i want mine to start at 00:00:270 for me to have the feel of the timing and such
  2. 00:03:270 (4) - wondering on what instrument this slider falls... Piano has a really long note on 00:02:841 - , while vocals are clearly spelling a new lyric at 00:03:055 - and 00:03:484 - .
    The main concept here is that whatever we click will feel as important to the player. You here put a click on something that is not in the music (or it doesn't really require a click, just a slider tail at best).
    Possible fix: with circles || with a repeat -i may consider this since 00:03:055 does sound it needs to be clickable
  3. 00:03:698 (1,2,3,4) - as for this one, be careful about visual spacing. Odd snaps are harder to play if you don't help the player through visual clues (usually, the Distance Spacing being constant helps). In this case, visual spacing between 00:04:341 (3,4) - is kinda similar (if not identical) to 00:03:698 (1,2) - .
    While it may not be a big deal, it does change how the map looks and also feels (because it plays differently).
    Among the possible solutions we have of course using a constant DS, but I usually prefer using a "spacing reset":
    by stacking two objects you make it easier to click, since the player won't need to care about moving away. This way you also become more free in fact of mapping choices, since the stack makes it a good start for a new pattern (since you're standing still in one point) -ok, i didnt really want to use the "spacing reset" stuff cause i dont want to..... but yes it seems the distances of 00:03:698 (1,2) and 00:03:698 (1,2,3,4) were quite similar so i distanced 00:04:770 (4) a bit more with a different angle aswell
  4. 00:04:770 (4,5,1) - little side note: you could have attempted to make them straight at least lol. It kinda sucks with the slight curve which is neither a curve nor a straight line xD -not sure if this is really a bothering factor or such cause i want it to be like this
  5. 00:08:841 (1,2,3,4,5) - another core concept is to try to at least give some sort of form to your pattern. Not having any visual restriction is bad, since everything looks on its own instead of being together in the combo. To put it in different words: it looks random.
    You could have also respected DS a bit more if you were at it 00:09:484 (3,4,5) - otherwise it makes me wonder why such a choice was made in the first place: was it because you didn't realize it? Or was it because you did realize it and ignored it? Or simply because it is part of some style I can't recognize? Etc...
    This doesn't mean "make only geometric patterns". As long as it has either a solid set of rules or a well defined form, it's fine (how to do both of these would take me a whole day to put into words effectively tho, sorry) -im not so sure whats wrong with use geometric-ish types of patterns, and saying that i ishouldve respected the DS is a bit exaggerated? idk if thats the case i made 00:04:770 (4) have equal distances and in terms of randomness you mentioned why is it "random" [color=#408000]ok so i compromised and made 00:10:341 (5) not be in the center so the movement would just flow going downards
  6. 00:14:841 (4) - one more small detail that improves greatly the map in the long run: why not mirroring it horizontally with Ctrl H for a better and smoother flow?-well if its that bothersome i guess i could just do it.....
  7. 00:22:984 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - you lost me here, since I can't seem to find the rhythm you are representing into the song.
    For example, I can hear a stream starting from 00:23:627 - but you keep a 1/2 rhythm, while I find the triplet at 00:23:198 - strange because of this choice: you skip a real stream into the song and map a fake stream elsewhere... ?.?
    The matter continues with 00:24:270 (1,2,3,4) - , where I would either expect a stream using repeat 1/4 sliders. If I take 00:25:555 (4) - I also hear you skipped a triplet on the piano, which is again strange: -i guess i the triplet at 00:22:984 (2,3,4) is not supported by anything so i think i can afford to remove it and maybe the stream parts aswell that you mentioned though i wont make it final atm, cause i need some professional help dealing with this
    - 00:25:770 - slider body, no emphasis
    - 00:25:877 - slider tail, slight emphasis
    - 00:25:984 - slider head, strong emphasis
    Even tho all of them are a triplet, as mentioned above
  8. 00:28:341 (3,4) - it feels to me that in general you were a bit losing focus on the song while mapping, since most long notes on vocals get delayed or misinterpreted in some way like this one. The long note should start on 00:28:341 (3) - , aka slider. If you make it start from 00:28:555 - I can't really connect it with anything important in the song.
  9. 00:30:055 (4,5) - same with the guitar here. Try starting a slider from 00:30:055 - instead and tell me which is better =) -ok yes making those sliders do fit the song better but im a bit worried on how my note placements would turn out
    I won't mention each of the places where this happens, but it does happen a lot here and there, both on vocals and other instruments. Listen carefully
  10. I also noticed a quite varied fluctuation in your spacing across the patterns of the same part...
    For example take 00:43:127 (1,2,3) - and compare it with 00:46:555 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - . You can clearly see a big difference in spacing, although I can personally not justify with anything in the music tbh - in 00:43:127 (1,2,3) you can feel that her voice got louder a bit so spacing was larger here then with 00:46:555 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) its like a buildup of course in terms of buildups it should be very grand it should be subtly or something in those lines
  11. 01:01:555 (4,5,6,7,1) - let's talk about hitsounds too for a bit.
    Leaving rhythm aside, it is generally misleading to place strong hitsounds on beats that are usually placed in similar manners to weaker beats. Let me explain:
    the whole 01:01:555 (4,5,6,7,1) - is a stream. As such, you are saying that all those beats in that stream are equally important and that's fine on its own (although the rhythm is different). What is not fine is that your hitsounding is saying that not all beats are important there, but only 01:01:770 (6,1) - .
    Now... which is telling the truth? xD
    It feels like two people talking to me simultaneously. One tells me to go right, the other tells me to go left. -if thats the case, if its confusing
    i removed the hit sound on 01:01:770 (6)

You should make sure that each aspect of the map is telling the same thing if you want to create a clear map for the player.
  12. 01:01:555 (4,5,6,7,1) - let's go back to talk about rhythm anyway tho...
    Here I am gonna take a more general concept in consideration and go over some things you should consider when mapping the whole map, not just this part.
    Take in consideration the parts: from 00:53:412 - to 01:00:270 - and from 01:00:270 - to 01:07:127 - .
    Why do you think I pointed this out? =)
    It's because those two parts are the same "verse" in the music. What happens is that the composer made the first 4 measures (00:53:412 - 01:00:270 - ) and then he hit ctrl+C/V and copied the same rhythm for the second verse (01:00:270 - 01:07:127 - ).
    How this affects the map tho?
    While the "ideal" choice would be to map the same way both verses I find it a bit too rigid and it usually turns out to be boring if you don't add elements of variety, that's why you should try to at least keep a general idea which is similar for both parts.
    This means that at least the rhythm and a couple more aspects of the first part should be kept for the second too.
    01:01:555 (4,5,6,7,1) - this stream is placed as a replacement for 00:54:698 (6,7,8,1) - (if you count each measure and each white tick you will see it's the same part) which I personally find inappropriate since the music didn't change that much as to require a radical change like this.
    Changing rhythm is a big matter for the map, be careful.
  13. Similar matter happens with 01:06:698 (4,5,6,7) - , which is replacing 00:59:841 (7,8,9,1) - .
    I can see you do this change consistently (sort of), but I can't see it as warranted tbh. Not with this type of song at least. -about the things mentioned above, i dont think it was changed drastically in terms of rhythm its still has the same sense, and of course it has to be different for variety so THINGS WONT GET BORING maybe im wrong but this is what i think
  14. 00:59:841 (7,8) - small tip, on a really different matter.-ok
    Try increasing the spacing between these. It helps putting more emphasis on 01:00:270 (1) - and making it feel stronger ; )
  15. Last important thing I want to point out is "pacing".
    Each song has different parts, and each part has its own "intensity", right?
    The same way, spacing and note density is how you do the same for your map: calmer parts should usually have either smaller spacing or less note density (usually both of these apply) and viceversa.
    Not sure you noticed, but after 01:20:841 - the kiai ended you still kept the same note density full of triplets from the kiai time. You did reduce the spacing and that's good, but as I said before rhythm is really important (rhythm game, duh), that's why the map here still feels heavy even tho the song is clearly and by far calmer than before.
    My suggestion is to focus on the guitar only here and map only what the guitar offers.
    If you encounter some bigger gaps consider following something else, but you don't really have many things to follow here :roll: - i want to keep it this way with the 1/2 sliders, ok i could compromise and remove the triplet parts. but the slider sections doesnt seem that tedious when clicking
Hard:
  1. Rhythm here: 00:03:698 (1) - this slider is surely covering more than just what 00:06:055 (2) - covers, am I right?
    The first slider would probably be better off by being a 3/4 repeat one, to match that soft guitar which is audible enough to make it part of the map. -ye its better
  2. from 00:12:270 - to 00:25:984 - I can actually say your rhythm choice is already better in this diff, since you noticed the similarities between verses I mentioned in the Insane. That being said tho, aesthetics are kinda poor, although I can't really say much here since that is a subjective aspect -how are they poor?, maybe because its straightforward?
  3. 00:37:984 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - really, it may sound dumb but a spinner would better represent that stream in the music imo, instead of these 1/2 beats - that would be far boring, it has the piano sounds so i want it to be an active part where you can click stuff
  4. 00:49:555 (3,1,2,3,4) - pattern is keeping a solid 1/2, but hitsounds are rather varied.
    Seeing the rhythm you have on hitsounds I would rather try to put that into the pattern too, instead of this boring 1/2: 00:49:984 (1) - make it 1/1 and delete 00:50:412 (2) - (place just a circle at 00:50:627 - instead) and so on... 00:51:270 (4) - final beat needs clearly a click, so put a circle instead of the repeat perhaps
  5. 00:57:270 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - first and probably only solid pattern which has a sort of form in the entire map. You should try to make more of these when you can, instead of rather random placements -ok i guess
  6. 01:20:841 - as mentioned in the Insane, it would be more appropriate to stick with the guitar here since the song calms down noticeably-same reasoning i guess
Normal:
  1. For what is worth and noticeable to new players, try to give some sort of solid form to your patterns on this diff too maybe... -explain??
  2. I really appreciate the execution from 01:20:841 - . You did exactly what you should do on the upper diffs to: reducing the rhythm to match the song's pace
Easy:
  1. 00:22:555 (1,2,3,4) - be careful to not make the map too monotonous. There are better things going on in the song besides that constant 1/1 metronome. My suggestion would be: 00:22:555 - circle; 00:23:627 - 00:25:555 - slider - i could afford to change this i guess, not sure if i placed it rightbut i do see it kind of confusing to click for an easy diff
  2. Try to give a more solid form to your patterns here too if you can. It doesn't change much, but it makes it more clean to look at it -explain solid patterns??

I tried to bold what I felt were the most important aspects you should look more into. Mapping is not just placing objects on a screen, it's more about creating something with a meaning by following the song (the meaning is up to you).
Hope this helps in some way. In case you need clarification PM me.
Good luck~

PS: the pop still remains for now, even without the SL0
idk, it feels like you're saying that i just placed objects all willy-nilly,"oh this goes there cause why not? lolololo" and everyone has their on interpretations on things, just like in mapping
I am inexperienced when it comes to this stuff, but i know what I would like to interpret in my maps,
I'm sorry if i sound hostile or something, but im not, I greatly appreciate the help, really. i also want to discuss things about how the things i changed will actually play in terms of its new placements and stuff

i just hope this doesnt result to any long term fixing

Jounzan wrote:

i'd say hitsounds on karen's diff sounds way more apporitate than on the last one, so consider copying (and editing, because you'll have to) them to your diff
-maybe i should? im really really not sure if should though
show more