forum

What does it take to get last place on a beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
autoteleology
It seems to me that it is so easy to not be in last, or anywhere near so, on almost any map one might play that I wonder what it takes to actually be last. Images come to mind of some guy whose sole purpose in playing the game is to run though beatmaps AFK with no-fail enabled so that no poor noob has to endure the shame and humiliation of coming last on a map.

Is it even possible to come last on a map without nofail?

Maybe this can be the new and trendy youtube challenge - to get the least amount of points possible on The Big Black without failing, nomod.

And now for something completely unrelated

kai99
Hm, this reminds me, i've sometimes tried eznfsohtpf on maps to get the lowest score ss on maps. otherwise, this is a very good question. Probably a big challenge too..
Edgar_Figaro
I think if I'm not mistaken a 0 score won't be recorded. So I think the smallest score you could get would be slightly different for different gamemodes.

Standard: No-Fail + Easy + Half-Time + Spun-Out and get 1 50 on 1 note the entire song
Taiko: Generally speaking a single hit of a slider would give the least points but these aren't affected by negative mods. So getting a 100 hit on a single drum hit with NF+EZ+HT would be the way to go.
CTB: Not sure about this one, I know that slider trails give the least amount of raw points out of all the elements, but if slider ticks if affected by Negative mods then catching 1 slider tick would be worse.
Mania: Hit 1 50 with all negative mods active. The score will vary from map to map as the longer a map is the lower the score will be. Also you can get slightly lower on auto-converts as you have the option of using key mods to lower the score even further
Nattsun
You may get last rank on maps that are not popular at all. Apparently there are legit people trying to be the worst, GJ.
kai99
hmm..

this was my try.
Topic Starter
autoteleology
There is no way that is correct. I smell fuckery. Are the rankings being altered automatically so nobody can be last? I find that proposition to be FAR more likely than the notion that four thousand other people got 50 points on that map. The only way I deem this not fake and gay is if the game counts fails without a completion as 0s unlisted to the player.
Akanagi
Your mistake was to hit a note. Just hit the beginning of a slider and let go instantly. Should net in less than 50 points. (I think it's 30 points), or not even hit the slider at all and only hit it for a single tick resulting in 10 points.
gamestonk

Rayne wrote:

Your mistake was to hit a note. Just hit the beginning of a slider and let go instantly. Should net in less than 50 points. (I think it's 30 points), or not even hit the slider at all and only hit it for a single tick resulting in 10 points.
I couldn't get this to work. Hitting a tick would net 10 points, and then slider would finish resulting in 50 more points. This is despite me letting go and not having my cursor anywhere near the circle.

Starting the beginning of the slider would net 80 points.
7ambda

kai99 wrote:

hmm..

this was my try.
Do it on an old, unknown map.
ManuelOsuPlayer
The map have spinners? Maybe you can get less points by moving 1cm on a spinner or something like that.
You can also try Doomsday technique https://youtu.be/riCytowZFJU xD
abraker

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

I think if I'm not mistaken a 0 score won't be recorded. So I think the smallest score you could get would be slightly different for different gamemodes.
Records in Std

FlipSide82
...huh idk what you mean
Disillusionz

FlipSide82 wrote:

...huh idk what you mean

If we're handing out free post counts I'd like to redeem mine right now.
StephOsu

SirOxorsid wrote:

same
KupcaH

StephOsu wrote:

SirOxorsid wrote:

same
I'm in line
thank