forum

RSI already?

posted
Total Posts
show more
mille69
Yes, I had finger pain nonstop the first few weeks I was playing but I started to relax and not hit the keys as hard. I had a tendency to mash super hard on streamy parts but I learned to take it easy. Also I put O-rings on my tapping keys to absorb some of the shock. Your fingers become stronger after a while as well.
Wishes

Zedek117 wrote:

PocketSizedMiku wrote:

Sorry. That was not a jab at your skill level. It is just that there are not many long streams in the songs you would be playing. I'm not even at the level where stamina is an issue, so yeah I don't get how you would hurt your fingers playing osu.
Yeah, I wouldn't say stamina is an issue though. My wrist only feels fatigued in long streams like the ones you'd find in https://osu.ppy.sh/s/350295. It's just after a few hours of playing lately my fingers are sore.
Maybe your keyboard switches are too stiff causing you to exert too much strength. What kind of keyboard are you using?
StephOsu
tap lighter and play more
it's just like doing sports
if you don't do sports often and you suddenly do some running, you will experience some muscle pain on the next day
as long as you don't over commit and do it regularly, your body will get used to it and you will not feel as much pain anymore
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

your body will get used to it and you will not feel as much pain anymore
But what if my whole existence is a pain?
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

your body will get used to it and you will not feel as much pain anymore
But what if my whole existence is a pain?

StephOsu wrote:

tap lighter and play more
I Give Up
You cannot get RSI playing easy maps.
StephOsu

I Give Up wrote:

it's actually theoretically possible to do that
but you need to destroy your keyboard in the process
Deva

StephOsu wrote:

I Give Up wrote:

it's actually theoretically possible to do that
but you need to destroy your keyboard in the process
It's theoretically possible to destroy the world with a teaspoon
NixXSkate
From what you're saying I highly doubt you have RSI, take a week break if it's bothering you. People suggest seeing a doctor; have they never trained for anything in their life? Seeing a doctor for every pain you have is silly especially if it's a dull pain. Just take a little break. If you have a sharp pain or a lot of numbness that doesn't seem to go away with a break, then see a doctor.
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

It's theoretically possible to destroy the world with a teaspoon
yes
winber1
iT's ThEoReTiCaLlY PoSsIbLe To DeStRoY tHe WoRlD wItH a TeAsPoOn
StephOsu
oh sHIT iTs wiNBeR1
peppy
breaks are important guys. "having RSI" just means you are using your fingers too much. take a break, have a kitkat etc.
StephOsu
OH SHIT IT'S PEPPY
johnmedina999

peppy wrote:

breaks are important guys
Sorry, I can't hear you over my Carpel Tunnel Syndrome pain.
Sandy Hoey

peppy wrote:

breaks are important guys. "having RSI" just means you are using your fingers too much. take a break, have a kitkat etc.
Is that an ad for kitkats? I thought this game was ad free :babyrage:
Naimae

peppy wrote:

osu!candy announcement soon? pogchamp
KupcaH

StephOsu wrote:

OH SHIT IT'S PEPPY
Nanachii

KupcaH wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

OH SHIT IT'S PEPPY
Topic Starter
Zedek117

peppy wrote:

Thanks for the advice, Peppy. Taking a break from osu! is hard though. It always feels like I'm *this* close to S-ranking/FCing a song. And it feels I can't go more than a couple days without playing because of my eagerness to improve.I-I can totally quit anytime I want t-though >.>
nazgul13_old
Quit being a baby, crack your knuckles and keep playing... kids these days.
KupcaH
:thinking:
Deva
RSI more
KupcaH

HK_ wrote:

RSI more
This guy knows
StephOsu

KupcaH wrote:

HK_ wrote:

RSI more
This guy knows
Jun Maeda

peppy wrote:

peppy kitkat is more important because its for energy, and WTF Pogchamp
Caput Mortuum
wew
Purrah
RSI doesn't always affect your wrist, it does in most cases tho. It could affect your tendons and joints in your whole hand. And of course other places of the body. And it's not always pain either. It could be loss of strength and such. I remember having the exact sort of "bruised" feeling you seem to have. That pain in specific didn't last long at all for me.

Try placing your hand in warm water for a minute and do gently movements with your fingers, and then relax. Stay off for a few days at least and then try again. If that doesn't work, see a doctor, and/or contact Dr.Levi