posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My Angel Chilly
Title.
Im not talking about reading high ars.
"Play more" posts will be ignored, in 100h my reading didnt improve anything
Endaris
What are you talking about then and what does make you think that playing more won't help you with the issue?
These are 2 questions you have to answer and you will get one that is actually trying to be helpful in return.
autoteleology
The only way to get better at something is to do a lot of that specific thing. There are no shortcuts, the time of being new and having fast and easy improvement is over.

Play maps that are low intensity but difficult to read.

This comes to mind.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/403282
Aharu
Why ignore "play more" but that's the only way to improve in the game?
I Give Up

pinhamadeira wrote:

in 100h my reading didnt improve anything
Well then maybe play for 101 hours, then 102, 103, etc. ?

Also play a variety of maps to improve reading, dont retry spam.
Topic Starter
My Angel Chilly

Endaris wrote:

What are you talking about then and what does make you think that playing more won't help you with the issue?
These are 2 questions you have to answer and you will get one that is actually trying to be helpful in return.
Yes it wont. I didnt improve at all. I cant read anything. Not just patterns. I need around 30 retries on a 4* star to FC it, even ir its 30 sec, because most of the time i sh1tmiss

Philosofikal wrote:

The only way to get better at something is to do a lot of that specific thing. There are no shortcuts, the time of being new and having fast and easy improvement is over.

Play maps that are low intensity but difficult to read.

This comes to mind.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/403282
Ty

Aharu wrote:

Why ignore "play more" but that's the only way to improve in the game?
You cant imagine how bad my sightreading is
KupcaH
Play even more
Skidayo

pinhamadeira wrote:

Title.
for improving reading under ar9, try playing old maps (2009~2010) it helped me a lot.
when i first tried old maps i couldn't even read the 2star hard or normal difficulty properly.
I was able to fc a lot of 5* maps but it was just too hard. the map looked so easy but slow approach rate was so confusing.
I just tried again and again. (sometimes with memorizing) spending over 30 minutes for retrying 3* maps to get fc..
so stupid way but after few months i got skills to read ar6 and play ezdt

if you are stuck at some patterns, memorize it and try to read again.
Tamako Lumisade
One answer - older maps. These ones varies from AR3 to AR8. Tons of them. It improved my reading after 3-4 days.
Topic Starter
My Angel Chilly

Skidayo wrote:

pinhamadeira wrote:

Title.
for improving reading under ar9, try playing old maps (2009~2010) it helped me a lot.
when i first tried old maps i couldn't even read the 2star hard or normal difficulty properly.
I was able to fc a lot of 5* maps but it was just too hard. the map looked so easy but slow approach rate was so confusing.
I just tried again and again. (sometimes with memorizing) spending over 30 minutes for retrying 3* maps to get fc..
so stupid way but after few months i got skills to read ar6 and play ezdt

if you are stuck at some patterns, memorize it and try to read again.
Ly senpai

Husky wrote:

One answer - older maps. These ones varies from AR3 to AR8. Tons of them. It improved my reading after 3-4 days.
Ty
Deva
100 hours is absolute shit
heck I have 360 hours and my reading is absolute shit

Play more
Nattsun
How about playing 3* maps like you are supposed to?

Sightreading=you have the skills down to FC the map easily.
If you need 40 tries for a 30 second map you just suck and should play easier maps.

Why can't people talk it slowly and stop playing maps that are too hard for them. Just enjoy the game and you will improve naturally, you won't become the next Cookiezi anyway and nobody cares about another FC on Haitai.
Deva

Nattsun wrote:

This is just stupid. There is nothing you are "supposed to" do.

Like if you want to be able to play super fast streams but don't care about acc you mash your keyboard as fast as you can and you enjoy it.

If you enjoy flaunting your mouse/pen around not even hitting most of the notes then by all means do so. (This is me and not only did it not make me worse, it gave me speedy aim and tapping that are wayyy out of my rank. Yes it's true that I rarely get any FCs but I didn't really invest any time into that now did I?)

Or maybe if you enjoy SSing super slow maps and just increasing your SS count fucking go for it, no one should be able to stop you.

It's highly unlikely that any of us will become the next cookiezi but is that really what we are supposed to aim at? Being the next greatest osu player?

Do what you enjoy the most. If it's increasing that insignificant number next to "pp" then fucking earn it all because it's whats fun for you.

That's what this game is about, fun.
Topic Starter
My Angel Chilly

Nattsun wrote:

Sightreading=you have the skills down to FC the map easily.
If you need 40 tries for a 30 second map you just suck and should play easier maps.

Why can't people talk it slowly and stop playing maps that are too hard for them. Just enjoy the game and you will improve naturally, you won't become the next Cookiezi anyway and nobody cares about another FC on Haitai.
Theyre not hard. I just cant read it properly, and Im not talking about acc, because i CAN acc, the only thing i can do is hitting the stuff without memorizing. Spec me if you want.
Anemic Witch
Play low AR maps.
c-atsuit
ez mod
Nattsun

HK_ wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Like if you want to be able to play super fast streams but don't care about acc you mash your keyboard as fast as you can and you enjoy it.

If you enjoy flaunting your mouse/pen around not even hitting most of the notes then by all means do so. (This is me and not only did it not make me worse, it gave me speedy aim and tapping that are wayyy out of my rank. Yes it's true that I rarely get any FCs but I didn't really invest any time into that now did I?)

Or maybe if you enjoy SSing super slow maps and just increasing your SS count fucking go for it, no one should be able to stop you.

It's highly unlikely that any of us will become the next cookiezi but is that really what we are supposed to aim at? Being the next greatest osu player?

Do what you enjoy the most. If it's increasing that insignificant number next to "pp" then fucking earn it all because it's whats fun for you.

Do you recommend someone who can't swim to go alone to the beach and jump into the sea?

Also, a rhythm game is supposed to be a game that focuses mainly on the music and the player following the beat, mashing has nothing to do with it and that's not how a rhythm game is supposed to be played...

Excuses, if you git guud scores will come naturally, it has nothing to do with investing time. For some weird reason I shit out top plays when I improve and I do sightread everything :VVVVVVVVVVV

I don't SS easy maps. All of my FCs are 4*+, the ones that ain't got DTd to make them 4*+ lol. Most of my SS plays are actually impressive, some of them have a handful of SS plays, but whatever.

No, you don't have to aim to be #1, just don't invest a truckload of time into something with literally no return. Enjoying the game and playing for fun is enough to improve.

I think I said this before, but I just enjoy playing 4-5* maps the most and I do play everything. I couldn't care less about the amount of S ranks I have, it's all about being not overranked and for some weird reason I fucking love old maps, sadly I FCd all Andrea/Jericho maps already :V (Working on the real aids nowadays, doing pretty good lol)

NINJAEDIT: I'm sorry that my S rank count is increasing, but it's not my fault that I'm good enough to sightread maps I enjoy 8-)
autoteleology

HK_ wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Disillusionz

pinhamadeira wrote:

Theyre not hard. I just cant read it properly, and Im not talking about acc, because i CAN acc
Profile says otherwise

But yeah, the most detailed answer I or anyone else should give you is play Low AR maps, they help.

pinhamadeira wrote:

Yes it wont. I didnt improve at all. I cant read anything. Not just patterns. I need around 30 retries on a 4* star to FC it, even ir its 30 sec, because most of the time i sh1tmiss
If you're so sure that you can't improve then why are you even playing/asking a question?
StephOsu

pinhamadeira wrote:

Play more
the answer is always in your thread starting post
everyone improve at different rate so don't compare yourself to other people, but compare yourself to only yourself
i started off this game being stuck with the hard difficulty of this map for 3 months straight (because i only play few hours a week and whenever i came online i always play this map alone, but that's another story really)
point being made im still better than most people that's playing this game right now despite having a shitty start compare to other people
heck one of my friend that freshly joined osu for the first week is already better than me after 4 months of playing
KupcaH

Nattsun wrote:

Most of my SS plays are actually impressive
niec
show more