forum

Stamina training struggle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deva
ok so I've noticed that when I'm working on my stamina (stream maps 200-240 bpm) it has heavy impact on my accuracy for a while even though I'm actually improving in the stamina department

While I do like the benefits of my training I don't want it to be at the expense of my accuracy

Any ideas or is play more slow maps the only solution?
StephOsu
oh shit time for some more shitposts
try switching the BPM around constantly might work
or just focus on getting good acc on low BPM stuffs after that I guess
Ryoid
Spam your keyboard as fast as possible and pray to the gods of accuracy to not get 100 on every note
Nattsun

StephOsu wrote:

This this this!

SSing streams is the only thing I'm good at and you have to change the BPM frequently. Just think about it like this, once you can stream 200 BPM, 170 will feel slow and you will need better finger control in order to get good accuracy.

Also, practicing high BPM burststream maps won't help you with long streams.

edit: tl:dr: play sub 150 BPM stream maps, I may post some if you need them.
I Give Up
Tap softly to save stamina.
Topic Starter
Deva

Nattsun wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

This this this!

SSing streams is the only thing I'm good at and you have to change the BPM frequently. Just think about it like this, once you can stream 200 BPM, 170 will feel slow and you will need better finger control in order to get good accuracy.

Also, practicing high BPM burststream maps won't help you with long streams.

edit: tl:dr: play sub 150 BPM stream maps, I may post some if you need them.
Well I actually do change bpm quite often. And yes I know that 170 feels slower after 200 and I can do both but I meant when it comes to stuff that doesn't have streams, I can acc streams properly but not the rest. Is 20-100 considered a short burst? And sure I'd like to try some 150 bpm maps

I Give Up wrote:

So basically stop working on stamina and use less of it? Doesn't really make sense to me
I Give Up
Learning to conserve stamina is not part of stamina training? For bigger stamina add 5-finger pushups to your daily exercise and ensure you eat/drink healthy and sleep well.
Barusamikosu
The control you already developed on lower BPMs will eventually catch up with you on 200-240 and the current negative effects that your training has on your accuracy on lower BPMs (non streams too) afterwards will fade away.

It's pretty much a play more situation but let the play more continue to include a wide range of speeds as you've been doing.
Nattsun

HK_ wrote:

Well I actually do change bpm quite often. And yes I know that 170 feels slower after 200 and I can do both but I meant when it comes to stuff that doesn't have streams, I can acc streams properly but not the rest. Is 20-100 considered a short burst? And sure I'd like to try some 150 bpm maps

I Give Up wrote:

So basically stop working on stamina and use less of it? Doesn't really make sense to me
Interesting. I've never struggled with accuracy on the single taps after practicing streaming. Perhaps some sort of mindblock. Just throw in some non streamy stuff and low bpm stream maps in your practice session.

By the way, I Give Up is right. Just check out one of Gayz streams, he barely raises his fingers and saves a truckload of stamina that way. I do that myself and it is the easy route to stream longer without stamina.

PS: Not at home atm, patience, I'll link the maps asap :V
ManuelOsuPlayer

HK_ wrote:

ok so I've noticed that when I'm working on my stamina (stream maps 200-240 bpm) it has heavy impact on my accuracy for a while even though I'm actually improving in the stamina department

While I do like the benefits of my training I don't want it to be at the expense of my accuracy

Any ideas or is play more slow maps the only solution?
You're mashing that BPM. Give more time space betwen the fingers tapping. You're tapping almost the 2 keys at same time trying to get speed, or moving the fingers really far away from the keys.
Practice a little bit on the keyboard without pc. Move fingers well cordinated slowly and up the speed the max you can using the exacly same fingers movement and without move the hand or arm. Keep on it with the hand relaxed. Go to a map and do it that way.

Stamina should up tons streaming this way in a couple days, as long you keep the hand without movment and relaxed while streaming.
Spam 150-170 bpm stream practice maps to get stamina fast. If you stop play for a day or you take tons of breaks during your sessions you will lose all the stamina, even if you don't lose anything else.
If you need a break because your hand it's really tired just play easy maps instead stop play, to keep the stamina winned until your muscles are fine to keep upping the stamina.

After play the maps what you can't finish for whatever reasson and put NF on them to play them to the end. Slow easy maps make stamina improve too.
StephOsu

Nattsun wrote:

By the way, I Give Up is right. Just check out one of Gayz streams, he barely raises his fingers and saves a truckload of stamina that way. I do that myself and it is the easy route to stream longer without stamina.
pls giff strim link
Topic Starter
Deva

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

You're mashing that BPM.
Getting all 300s on streams consistently is mashing? what the fuck did 2017 GnR turn into.......
Topic Starter
Deva

Barusamikosu wrote:

The control you already developed on lower BPMs will eventually catch up with you on 200-240 and the current negative effects that your training has on your accuracy on lower BPMs (non streams too) afterwards will fade away.

It's pretty much a play more situation but let the play more continue to include a wide range of speeds as you've been doing.
This is actually very helpful! Thank you

Nattsun wrote:

Interesting. I've never struggled with accuracy on the single taps after practicing streaming. Perhaps some sort of mindblock. Just throw in some non streamy stuff and low bpm stream maps in your practice session.

PS: Not at home atm, patience, I'll link the maps asap :V
But like do you do 200bpm deathstreams, 225bpm 20 or so notes bursts and 240bpm short bursts and for quite a while? It's just that after it everything seems so slow...

Tbh it's so satisfying to be able to stream high bpm while smashing my keyboard at the same time so I'm guilty of not being gentle >_>

@ManuelOsuPlayer
Your advice is very funny as it's coming from someone who literally mashed out his top score
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

You're mashing that BPM.
Getting all 300s on streams consistently is mashing? what the fuck did 2017 GnR turn into.......
to be fair if you are mashing on your upper limit bpm it can happen
but your stamina drains really fast though so it's only limited to short streams
Topic Starter
Deva
Define short streams.

On OD9+ too?
StephOsu

HK_ wrote:

Define short streams.

On OD9+ too?
it kinda depends on person tbh
in my case even if im streaming mashing at my upper limit I can still consistently get full 300 on OD9+ on a 12 notes stream, and if I'm lucky enough, a 20+ notes stream, but it just quickly falls off after that, and im probably hitting misses at around 30+ notes
btw by short stream, any streams with a (kick)slider in between is counted as 2 streams in my eye because slider is a really good part to reset your tapping rhythm and recover some stamina during play
ManuelOsuPlayer

HK_ wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

You're mashing that BPM.

HK_ wrote:

working on my stamina (stream maps 200-240 bpm) it has heavy impact on my accuracy for a while even though I'm actually improving in the stamina department
¿You have or haven't problems with your acc? If you get 300s on streams consistenly where is the impact you're talking about? You're getting 90UR SS Instead your usual 60UR SS?

There you go then: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/210731 Free PP SS for you.
KupcaH
haha, Manuel strikes again
Nattsun

HK_ wrote:

But like do you do 200bpm deathstreams, 225bpm 20 or so notes bursts and 240bpm short bursts and for quite a while? It's just that after it everything seems so slow...

Tbh it's so satisfying to be able to stream high bpm while smashing my keyboard at the same time so I'm guilty of not being gentle >_>
I was capable of holding ~30-40 notes on 200 BPM. Up to OD9 everything was fine (didn't practice on OD10). Thing is, when I start getting 100s my fingers stop streaming immediately. The higher the BPM the worse for me. When I burststream 220 BPM my fingers will just stop after 10-20 notes (depending on how much on fire I am lol) and to be honest 240 BPM burststreams are my limit, this is where I feel like mashing ~8-12 notes.

The promised maps (I'm late, sorry lol):
-https://osu.ppy.sh/b/449920
-https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1131429

^those are spaced, but with that BPM quite easy to aim IMO, except for the ending on Memme, that's fucking hard.

-https://osu.ppy.sh/b/178505
the 4* diffs, both play quite smooth, you better edit the OD tho

Basara is also a good map to practice finger control, Darude - Sandstorm as well, both are "hard" to read according to lots of people.

NINJAEDIT: I had a quite long break (1 month) and stopped tryharding, I'm still able to acc everything on OD9 as long as I'm warmed up and I don't lack speed/stamina/too high AR, but my stamina got significantly worse :V