forum

Alternating VS Single Tapping?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oopsrobbedya
Hey guys! So i'm almost 80k at the moment, recently I have started to play for PP and alot more serious. I have been alternating ever since i started using X and Z to click circles. So far I have done alright (Though you would think I would be decent at streams at this point) But it seems that all my friends who are single tappers have much better accuracy than me, some of them above 50K and some below, does this problem stem from me only knowing how to alternate? Or should i focus even more on acc rather than playing harder maps and moving up ranks. Normally i would ask a friend but none of my freinds are alternaters. Also on a sidenote, If the problem stems from not being able to single tap, could someone recommend maps to start training, thank you! Any feedback is appreciated!
-Makishima S-
http://bfy.tw/CiwY

Stop being lazy... there is tons of threads on same or similar topic, why you just don't use google to find them and your answer?
Searching is generally easier and faster than waiting for someone to answer.
StephOsu
when you alternate you press x then z then x again and then z again or vice versa
and you rinse and repeat
when you single tap you either go zzzzzzzz or xxxxxxxxxxxx
so here you go
Topic Starter
oopsrobbedya

[Taiga] wrote:

http://bfy.tw/CiwY

Stop being lazy... there is tons of threads on same or similar topic, why you just don't use google to find them and your answer?
Searching is generally easier and faster than waiting for someone to answer.
Literally no reason to be like that, i want to have a presence on the forums and get an answer at the same time, there is no need to go and call me lazy. In the amount of time you took to make a witty reply you could have either linked a forum or even written a short explanation, but yet you decided to call me lazy assuming i didn't want to do research myself, i have done research and gone to plenty of friends and websites, as you can see I have 7 forum posts, i am making an effort to be apart of the community and get a more personalized answer.
Deva
I alternate and have better acc than some of my friends that single tap so basically it's all about you having to play more
Deliberate practice man
N0thingSpecial
Really depends on your rhythm sense in terms of acc, I single tap most of the time but if you ask me to deliberately alternate I would still be able to acc unless it's more rhythmatically complex.

Basically learn both lol unless in some magical way you are physically handicapped, forbidding you from single tapping
And yes there's already tons a threads on this topic, making a presence means absolutely nothing to us
Deva
^
This guy knows
KupcaH
Read sticky threads.
Deva

HK_ wrote:

^
This guy knows
Tamako Lumisade
Both are beneficial.

Single-tapping is usually better in terms of accuracy and flow of the map.
Alternating helps you keep up with the weird patterns, you also have a better consistency with spaced triples or so. Maps like Scarlet Rose are somewhat more intuitive to do, if you are a good "alternator".

Matter of preference. You can always follow my lead and learn both. It takes some time, but you are more flexible and can single tap the whole map and can alternate the whole map with the same or similar accuracy.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Learn both and you can decide by yourself.
What make you have worst acc alternating, it's the way to read usually it's different, and the lack of finger control and coordination.
Also when you singletap you have to learn when use the second finger to follow better the rhythm, what make you understand better the rhythm.

If low star ratting isn't a challenge anymore and you want to improve your acc, you can start learning singletap at easy songs when your muscles are tired.
N0thingSpecial

This wrote:

guy wrote:

This guy knows
this guy knows
Topic Starter
oopsrobbedya
Thank you guys!
Nattsun

HK_ wrote:

I alternate and have better acc than some of my friends that single tap so basically it's all about you having to play more
Deliberate practice man
Same here. Rustbell has godly accuracy on techmaps as well and he is fully alternating.
I Give Up
Alternating gives you the stamina advantage over single tapping but at the cost of higher mental strain. You can be just as fast and accurate with either playstyle its just practise.