Playing osu with DT too much.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Tensku
I might aswell not play dt alot.
Akanagi
It's not like you are forced to not play DT ever.

If you wanna play only DT, just keep playing DT only.
Same goes for Hidden. Some people say you get worse at nomod if you play HD only but I don't see the issue. You are not forced to put off HD ever except for maybe tournaments or hosts that refuse to put freemod on.

Dunno about HR, I can't see how spamming HR on lower rank is fun.

Edit: Well, you can't put DT on in MP if you care about that, but if you just play SP then there's no reason to quit playing it / not play it all the time.
Deva

HK_ wrote:

DT requires no skill
KupcaH
DT takes no skill
N0thingSpecial
DT makes song goes vroom vroom
Topic Starter
Tensku
k
I Give Up
DT is no different from a lot of high bpm nomod these days so it doesnt really matter. People who say it is no skill are still stuck in 2012.
Deva
play more
wank less
StephOsu
i just got 1.3k ranks within 90 minutes of HDDT farming
HDDT is balanced Kappa
Deva
You just FCed daidadi
StephOsu
yes i did and im a degenerated HDDT farmer right now
time to commit suicide because im the cancer
N0thingSpecial
it's never too late to kill yourself.

but seriously play DT to get good at DT, like stuff that's 240+ BPM you rarely get from no mod maps
StephOsu

N0thingSpecial wrote:

it's never too late to kill yourself.

but seriously play DT to get good at DT, like stuff that's 240+ BPM you rarely get from no mod maps
hitorigoto DT 247.5bpm SeemsGood
Barusamikosu

StephOsu wrote:

Nice aim
Deva
I wish my fingers weren't retarded so I could actually play DT
KupcaH
Nice skills, Steph
pRofFeSiOnaL oWSU pLaYEr
Kyrari

I Give Up wrote:

DT is no different from a lot of high bpm nomod these days so it doesnt really matter. People who say it is no skill are still stuck in 2012.
KupcaH
It's clearly doesn't require any skill.
Deva
Mouse can tablet
Nattsun

StephOsu wrote:

HDDT is balanced Kappa
Now DT a map that is not 200bpm with DT :-)

Oh...
StephOsu

Nattsun wrote:

Oh...

does this count
it's caffeine fighter btw
otherwise im just gonna try to HDDT byoumei koiowazurai or tokyo summer session and fail anyways FeelsBadMan
Nattsun

StephOsu wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Oh...

does this count
it's caffeine fighter btw
otherwise im just gonna try to HDDT byoumei koiowazurai or tokyo summer session and fail anyways FeelsBadMan
I exaggerated.

Speed is a skill and not everyone has it. Apparently 240 BPM is doable for you. But can you read AR 10.3? Can you go faster than 250 BPM? Can you DT a map that isn't generic?

PS: How many people can actually read AR 10.3 on a non farm map?
Edgar_Figaro
I play some DT but I honestly find it no easier or harder to get scores in than nomod or even HR.

When I play DT I find I am having to challenge my speed
When I play nomod I am challenging my reading
When I play HR I am challenging my aim precision and rhythmic timing

I feel all 3 are pretty well balanced and take me about same effort for same PP
StephOsu

Nattsun wrote:

I exaggerated.

Speed is a skill and not everyone has it. Apparently 240 BPM is doable for you. But can you read AR 10.3? Can you go faster than 250 BPM? Can you DT a map that isn't generic?

250bpm is my upper limit actually but im still trying to break through that upper limit by building stamina
and also for reading AR10 is my upper limit because im still learning HR and AR10.3 terrifies me
tbh those stuffs actually requires skills even on farm maps
i mean, it's not like you can just casually FC daidai HDDT and get that juicy 300++pp as a 2k~3k pp player
Nattsun

StephOsu wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

I exaggerated.

250bpm is my upper limit actually but im still trying to break through that upper limit by building stamina
and also for reading AR10 is my upper limit because im still learning HR and AR10.3 terrifies me
tbh those stuffs actually requires skills even on farm maps
i mean, it's not like you can just casually FC daidai HDDT and get that juicy 300++pp as a 2k~3k pp player
Indeed, reading AR 10.3 is already an amazing skill. Fuck AR 10, real men FC Caramelldansen lesjuh diff.

A 2-3k pp player can pass it with DT for pp, though. FCing the first half is already 170pp with 95% accuracy. It"s undeniable that daidai+dt is overweighted, though. It's hard, but the easiest 300 pp you can get. There are more overweighted DT maps ranging from 180-300 pp, but some 3* maps with DT are already really hard, nobody DTs them tho.
-Makishima S-

Rayne wrote:

Dunno about HR, I can't see how spamming HR on lower rank is fun.
It isn't, learning HR is painful and require immense amount of patient.

DT require skill. Artificial speed of approach circle makes it harder to play "into approach circles", forces listening to sometimes distorted song.

OD9 / OD 9.75 doesn't make it any easier.

Sorry, I personally don't have any respect for "dt takes no skill".
If it doesn't require skill, repeat this scores... more, if it takes no skill, repeat at least ONE score from rafis top100 / angelsim top100 or yamemashita top 100.
Until then... keep being amusing.

@op: Nothing wrong with playing DT if you enjoy this mod and feel like you are good at it.
KupcaH

Nattsun wrote:

FCing the first half is already 170pp with 95% accuracy.
And with 0 misses
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

FCing the first half is already 170pp with 95% accuracy.
And with 0 misses
One of my osu! friends got 170pp with a 94% acc A rank. An FC is probably way more than 200pp even with that accuracy.
StephOsu

Nattsun wrote:

Indeed, reading AR 10.3 is already an amazing skill. Fuck AR 10, real men FC Caramelldansen lesjuh diff.

A 2-3k pp player can pass it with DT for pp, though. FCing the first half is already 170pp with 95% accuracy. It"s undeniable that daidai+dt is overweighted, though. It's hard, but the easiest 300 pp you can get. There are more overweighted DT maps ranging from 180-300 pp, but some 3* maps with DT are already really hard, nobody DTs them tho.
Im actually a firm believer that even farm maps requires skills (because i can't FC any of the tatoe maps when it's known as among the easiest pp ever)
but sometimes I just like to throw some memes like "DT takes no skills" around because of the memes
anyways daidai is overweighted, yes, but my point still stands. until you reach at least 4k+ pp I don't see any people that can FC daidai even with shitty acc
I Give Up
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/yellowy246 this guy did it years ago at around 3k pp with 98% hddt. But then again he has monstrous talent.
StephOsu
alright there's always few exceptions here and there
we call them "errors" and just rule them out
N0thingSpecial
osu takes no skill, only talent matters
KupcaH

N0thingSpecial wrote:

osu takes no skill, only talent matters
This guy knows
Topic Starter
Tensku
Not much answers I can find but I am ok with it
kai99
osu is aim game
KupcaH
wrong
osu is garbage game
kai99
ok actually it's been a while since i posted here so here i go

DT is a skill. there are a few skills
- aim
- speed (i'd also say snap is included here)
- tap
- reading

and they're all related
you have to have speed to reach but you also need to aim in order to actually hit the circle
you have to aim but you need to tap on the rhythm
you need to tap but you have to read the pattern first to understand it

playing DT isnt bad, it jsut develops skills such as fast ar reading abilities and pattern recognition in the DT way. this way once you adapt to DT it's much easier. however, yes, this makes other abilities weaker, such as being able to read lower ar. (unless you're like, a top player coz imo they've already gone through enough of all mods to lose any skill anywhere)
Nattsun

StephOsu wrote:

Nattsun wrote:

Im actually a firm believer that even farm maps requires skills (because i can't FC any of the tatoe maps when it's known as among the easiest pp ever)
but sometimes I just like to throw some memes like "DT takes no skills" around because of the memes
anyways daidai is overweighted, yes, but my point still stands. until you reach at least 4k+ pp I don't see any people that can FC daidai even with shitty acc
Of course, farm maps take skill. Let's be real here the 6* diff of Haitai is definitely not easy. It may be short and easy to read, but the spacing is definitely on 6* level and takes 2 important skills, accuracy AND good aim. My aim is trash and I can't even pass it consistently lol, on the other hand, I'm pretty good at high bpm sliderspam maps and oldschool ar7/8 mapping which most farmers suck at.

I guess the main reason you (me too) can't farm tatoe is because you don't play jumpspam maps THAT often, unlike the majority of the community. That's just my assumtion, though.
KupcaH
wrong, Steph playing farm maps 24/7 trying to get pp
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

wrong, Steph playing farm maps 24/7 trying to get pp
I don't :V

Well, maybe if there is a AR7 diff...
show more