forum

Using F.lux while playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ulrichfaniOSU
Since some of us like to play osu! during the night time, i was wondering if using f.lux is worth it? And do you use it while playing? And why?

I have played little bit while having f.lux on and i do see that i don´t have to blink often while playing a beatmap and at the same time my eyes aren´t burning? Of course (If you have enabled it from the settings) osu! has given me a pop-up saying that f.lux can decrease game performance but it seems like it´s doing nothing to the game itself. (Probably because i have a good pc XD)
Disillusionz
I've been wondering this too. I always just ignored that warning when i start osu. I saw on a reddit thread once that enabling "safe mode" in flux is supposed to solve any problems it has with osu. But I have no idea what safe mode even does, and I have no clue exactly why flux supposedly causes problems with osu in the first place.
Nattsun
It only lowers the performance when it is turning down the brightness. My FPS went from 3k to 60 when it happened.
Upskirt
I've had no issues with f.lux while playing except when transitioning, it will delay. Otherwise, no latency at all.

If you have issues then you could try using it in safe mode when playing at night.
abraker
I had to uninstall F.lux two years ago because it was causing lag spikes in osu! Not sure if they fixed that since.
MrLinuxFish
I always use f.lux on Windows and redshift on Linux. I find it easier on the eyes. Although if f.lux causes problems with osu, that could explain why I get more consistent performance on Linux.
7ambda
they have a beta version, which has reduced impact on game framerates

https://forum.justgetflux.com/topic/367 ... or-windows
Topic Starter
ulrichfaniOSU

Venzire wrote:

I've had no issues with f.lux while playing except when transitioning, it will delay. Otherwise, no latency at all.
If you have issues then you could try using it in safe mode when playing at night.

Yeah i dont have problems whatsoever while using f.lux because of me having a good computer