forum

Top 50 All Modes Players (Sorted by Cumulative PP)

posted
Total Posts
show more
tkdLolly
Where is Runa

Also, as a mathsy person, cumulative pp is not the best way to sort players, since, as a clear example, mania can easily grant double the pp as compared to other modes. Discrepancies in pp can be found across the other three modes as well.

If you could spare some time, something like calculating the average rank or even standard deviation would be better, although I'm entirely unsure how you can obtain the data to do so.

Just a thought, but again, I don't think cumulative pp is the best way to sort players. :roll: I'll come back when I have more ideas :idea:
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

tkdLolly wrote:

Where is Runa
Runa isn't on this list as they fail the 2nd requirement of having at least 10% of their total PP in each mode (they barely have any in CTB).

While yes I do know that PP isn't equal across modes, playerbase across modes is also not equal so neither really works well. There are far more standard players than Taiko or CTB. Also the DT change to Mania did really throw the entire cumulative rankings on dawnglare Osu completely out of whack. Partially why I decided to create this list as currently the #1 on DawnGlare is Jakads who has more than 28K PP in Mania, same goes for a large number of the top 100 on dawnglare who are just high ranked mania players and not really all-modes players.
tkdLolly

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

tkdLolly wrote:

Where is Runa
Runa isn't on this list as they fail the 2nd requirement of having at least 10% of their total PP in each mode (they barely have any in CTB).

While yes I do know that PP isn't equal across modes, playerbase across modes is also not equal so neither really works well. There are far more standard players than Taiko or CTB. Also the DT change to Mania did really throw the entire cumulative rankings on dawnglare Osu completely out of whack. Partially why I decided to create this list as currently the #1 on DawnGlare is Jakads who has more than 28K PP in Mania, same goes for a large number of the top 100 on dawnglare who are just high ranked mania players.
The 10% requirement is quite arbitrary, but I guess is reasonable if you really want 'all modes' players, also to take out a bunch of mania players... but they are bound to have an advantage.

I don't think playerbase should be a concern because it's the player's choice to not play a mode...

Well, to be fair, again, standard deviation would completely trash the rankings Runa and other mania players, if possible at all :? still seems like the most reasonable yet unfeasible option to me :?
Yuzeyun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

go back to stepmania
>getting so angry you become a d6-d7 player
is this your secret to becoming good
Yuudachi-kun
Getting mad at stepmania is for bad people.

Also I have like 10 d7 aa's at this point :roll:
Yuzeyun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

shame would like to talk
Yuudachi-kun

Unmei Muma wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

shame would like to talk
Getting mad is one of the most unproductive and worst things you can do in regards to enjoy game. It's bad.
Endaris
Wouldn't it make more sense to look at the playtime per gamemode?
I mean you should know very well that getting to 2000pp in Taiko is more or less gifted and there's at least one person on your list that has less than 50h playtime in Taiko but still makes your arbitrary 10% cut.
tkdLolly

Endaris wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to look at the playtime per gamemode?
I mean you should know very well that getting to 2000pp in Taiko is more or less gifted and there's at least one person on your list that has less than 50h playtime in Taiko but still makes your arbitrary 10% cut.
yay I'm gifted (´・ω・`)

It does make more sense, I agree, and in the 9.68M alleged players there are, there are bound to be some who can play very well with little time, and those who can't play very well even with a lot of time - not too sure how to handle that.

Standard devi-(shut up
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Yeah no system I could make would be perfect. I mean I play all the gamemodes but I know that I have put more time into some modes then others but this does not necessarily reflect my PP in each mode. Now some might be chocked up to some modes giving more PP but also alot has to do with abillity in certain skills. Standard & CTB have far less peformance points for me than Taiko & Mania and this isn't due to lack of trying in Standard or CTB. Both Standard & CTB have an aim based component which I am very bad at. Taiko & Mania require no aim and so better suit to my skills. The entire arbitrary 10% is meant to allow for people to be better at one mode than another while still show that they do actually play the mode some.

I mean if I wanted to do a play time type of metric I could just do some weird list that is top 50 players by PP that have Jack of All Trades achievement. I guess I could do it that way...
7ambda
Respect to anyone with 2k+ pp on every mode.
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
List updated and formula changed to reflect a (hopefully) more balanced approach to calculating the top 50 all-rouinders
Jaye

F1r3tar wrote:

;)
P.S. please update
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

Jaye wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

;)
P.S. please update
Plan on updating it again in first week of June. Glad to see there are people who like this alternative ranking list.

P.S. I don't really know how to code or anything like that, but if anyone could help me to make this more automatic I'd probably have it update more often. It takes quite a lot of time to input all the top players updating stats into my calculations and figure out who the top 50 cumulative are (with deviation formula)
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Hey I know bumping a thread needlessly is not wanted, but I did just update the info in the OP yet that doesn't trigger a bump and I want people to know that's it's been updated. I apologize to mods if this is not wanted.
mulraf
what's the deviation part? oO
i'm surprised juankristal didn't make it on the list, he's not only good at cursing but also at playing :o
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

mulraf wrote:

what's the deviation part? oO
i'm surprised juankristal didn't make it on the list, he's not only good at cursing but also at playing :o
the deviation part is trying to objectively scale players to filter out people who aren't actually all-modes players.

Juankristal is in 68th (my list goes alot further I just only post the top 50) They could probably make the list if they improved their CTB & Taiko numbers.
XEPCOH

F1r3tar wrote:

hi
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

Don Omar wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

hi
You need to refresh your ranking in Mania and CTB though or next update will kill your STDEV.
Melt3dCheeze
fyi Trent and qebrus same person, just a rename.
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Whoops, thanks for catching that. Yeah usually I catch re-names by clicking the link after posting the top 50 and then eliminate people who have no user found as it was probably a rename of someone on the list. Apparently with in regards to Trent there is another user with Trent in the name that it linked me to so I didn't catch this rename
Melt3dCheeze

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Whoops, thanks for catching that. Yeah usually I catch re-names by clicking the link after posting the top 50 and then eliminate people who have no user found as it was probably a rename of someone on the list. Apparently with in regards to Trent there is another user with Trent in the name that it linked me to so I didn't catch this rename
Another one sandsyk0 renamed to "its over" pretty sure
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Well that name change must have been after last update as only the old name is on the list and not the new name. I'll keep an eye out for it when I make the July update.

Edit: yeah looking at their user page it changed 2 days ago
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
List Updated for Month of July
Minisora
The day I make the list is the day the sky drops :D
WaShoy
Name Changed:
10.Xcstasy => --------------
26.milr_ => [ White Music ]

Wrong Data(?):
23.Riley
47.SanyaLitvyak

And Why DawnGlare osu! didn't work now (´_ゝ`)?
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

enjoyit1025 wrote:

Name Changed:
10.Xcstasy => --------------
26.milr_ => [ White Music ]

Wrong Data(?):
23.Riley
47.SanyaLitvyak

And Why DawnGlare osu! didn't work now (´_ゝ`)?
Yeah Dawnglare Osu not working is why I haven't updated this list. I could use OsuDaily but the issue with that website is that a player has to be asked to be tracked by OsuDaily or someone else has to request them, so the list might not reflect the true top 50 all-mode players.

If Dawnglare isn't working by start of September I'll update using OsuDaily.
Yuudachi-kun
According to my calculations I should be 18429 on your list

Also are you using sample or population standard deviation
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

According to my calculations I should be 18429 on your list

Also are you using sample or population standard deviation
I haven't updated it since July due to Dawnglare Osu being down. I am using sample deviation

Also according your numbers you have cumulative of 20158 & a deviation of 3919. So with 20158-(2*3919)=12320
Yuudachi-kun
Why are you using sample when there are only four modes thus that is a population because you have all 4 numbers?

Also oops I did (std dev /2) because I misread
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Update:

Well it seems DawnGlare Osu is still not working as September is close to starting, so I guess I will be using OsuDaily to update my list now. The only problem with OsuDaily is that it only tracks players that people have looked up on the website before and so there are missing people.

So if people want to help me make sure this list stays as accurate as possible, if you know of an all-mode player please search them on OsuDaily so that when I update the list it will take everyone into consideration.

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Why are you using sample when there are only four modes thus that is a population because you have all 4 numbers?

Also oops I did (std dev /2) because I misread
The reason I use sample and not population is due to the way the numbers work out. Using 2* sample deviation a player that has 0PP in 3 modes and all their PP in a single mode is equal to exactly 0 per the calculation. Based on the feature request for cumulative ranking many people were opposed to having a "bad rank" on their profile simply cause they only played 1 gamemode. So by using sample instead of population it would mean that only players who played 2+ gamemodes would ever have a cumulative ranking.

Granted this list isn't official within Osu but part of the reason for this is to show how a cumulative ranking could be implemented in a way to more fairly balance the gamemodes for unequal PP awarded in each mode.
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Ok everyone, sorry for the long delay. List has finally been updated again
Petit
Am I #1? wtf????????????????? :o
milr_
I'm #14 WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF ????????????????????????? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

[Sunshine] wrote:

Am I #1? wtf????????????????? :o
Yup congratulations. Your actually in 8th place with just a raw add of PP but the 7 people above you all have much much higher standard deviation so after calculation you jump ahead of them.

[ White Music ] wrote:

I'm #14 WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF ????????????????????????? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
is that higher or lower then you were expecting?
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
So I thought I'd just post here to officailly kill this thread.

But fear not! much better list is being worked on then this really lame manual clunky one that I gave up updating ages ago.

Please find new thread in the developments forum at.

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/817840

Also if a mod would be so kind to lock this thread as this is pretty much dead now.
Samuel_Haus
Has this been completely abandoned?
Farhan [UwU]
dunno, maybe yes
mulraf
yes because now there is a website for this. (actually 2)
https://osekai.net/rankings/totalPP
https://osudaily.net/ranking.php

osekai is done in cooperation with the all mode discord and it also features a Stdev PP Ranking for all modes. This is another method of calculation which has been elected as the main method of ranking all mode players by the all mode discord. it's more recent.
osudaily features some other interesting stats you might be interested if you are into all modes. it's been running for a pretty long time and made by adri.