forum

Problem with mouse grip

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eskalade
I have 2 questions.
Firstly, whenever I play a long map(3 or more mins) my mouse grip starts to worsen over time. I play with a fingertip grip and I have to shift my fingers lower and lower gradually until i begin to grip less than half my mouse. I try to fix this during the break times but while I am playing, I often have to play with that crappy grip after about 2 minutes. It is definitely not because of sweat, and mouse drift does not affect me much since my dpi is quite high. How can I fix this?

Secondly, after playing for extended periods of time(about an hour or so) my pinky finger, which I keep completely straight against the right of my mouse starts to ache at the first joint from the palm. After I take a break, the pain persists are about 10 minutes before it subsides. Is the problem with keep my pinky straight?

TL;DR
My grip gets bad after playing about 2 mins of a long map and my pinky finger hurts after about an hour of playing.
Sandy Hoey
Maybe your mouse is not right for your hand size and you are forcing your hand into an awkward position because of that
bigfeh
Maybe try a new mouse. I've had similar problems but I fixed them by slightly changing how I hold the mouse

Not all mice are good for all grip styles. I really like a Sensei for my grip, which is also fingertip. If I couldn't have it, the features I'd be looking for would be, in order:

1. ambidextrousness
2. large size
3. lightness

I couldn't buy a small mouse or one with a super weird shape. It could also help for us to know what mouse you run
Nattsun
I use the fingertip/claw grip myself and a small mousr helped me a lot. I still find myself gripping only half of my mouse but that's rarely the case now.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Eskalade wrote:

I have 2 questions.
Firstly, whenever I play a long map(3 or more mins) my mouse grip starts to worsen over time. I play with a fingertip grip and I have to shift my fingers lower and lower gradually until i begin to grip less than half my mouse. I try to fix this during the break times but while I am playing, I often have to play with that crappy grip after about 2 minutes. It is definitely not because of sweat, and mouse drift does not affect me much since my dpi is quite high. How can I fix this?

Secondly, after playing for extended periods of time(about an hour or so) my pinky finger, which I keep completely straight against the right of my mouse starts to ache at the first joint from the palm. After I take a break, the pain persists are about 10 minutes before it subsides. Is the problem with keep my pinky straight?

TL;DR
My grip gets bad after playing about 2 mins of a long map and my pinky finger hurts after about an hour of playing.
I use fingertip grip using pinky and thumb fingers to hold the mouse. I add palm too, to help doing some movements instead move the pinky.
Make ring finger stay just in the corner of the mouse,instead stay at the top or the side. Then the ring finger help the pinky to hold all the mouse and don't hurt it. You can add some of the hand helping the pinky to hold the mouse if you find it confortable, making the hand stay more to the right instead in the middle.
I get my ringer injured by using it to hold the mouse instead the pinky, any of your fingers should never hurt, keep searching for the best possition for you where you can play all what you want feeling confortable. You will find it if you keep trying.
If you want use my grip i can up a photo. But better you find your own, since hands/mouse size aren't the same.
Topic Starter
Eskalade

bigfeh wrote:

Maybe try a new mouse. I've had similar problems but I fixed them by slightly changing how I hold the mouse

Not all mice are good for all grip styles. I really like a Sensei for my grip, which is also fingertip. If I couldn't have it, the features I'd be looking for would be, in order:

1. ambidextrousness
2. large size
3. lightness

I couldn't buy a small mouse or one with a super weird shape. It could also help for us to know what mouse you run
I use a HP X900 Wired Mouse. It's a very generic mouse, average size. I put both my ring finger and pinky on the right side of the mouse, pinky completely locked out, ring finger a little bent.

Btw, thanks for all the replies. I will try a new mouse ^_^
FlipSide82

Eskalade wrote:

I have 2 questions.

TL;DR
find the right size mouse and make sure on the bottom doesnt mess up the gameplay