DEAN - love (Feat. Syd)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ora

c418vgytre wrote:

I think 491 is too soon for the offset.

510 offset feels a lot better to me although test it for yourself in game.

Good luck!
Thanks!! ^^
Firetruck
yes
Affirmation
Q

[Normal]
01:43:036 (1) - 2ticks have to be blank after spinner in normal diff.
02:20:127 (1,3) - DS is same with 2, so this part can be hard to read, little bit.
02:56:127 (3,4,5) - make reverse, this looks hard to read.

[I know]
03:17:945 (1,3) - swap NC

GL
Xiaolin
i know you know
Firetruck
i actually dont know
Topic Starter
Ora
who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rabbitt
I know difficulty
01:15:763 (3) - I'm not sure what this is following, while I understand where it ends has the drum sound what of the first note? The first note even goes after the I know and I can't find an instrumental sound either. I would say to make the slider longer as it does sound better and more fitting. (1 note to the left where that free space is)

01:45:491 (2,3,4,5,6) - This whole part I can honestly say sounds VERY off to me
01:46:036 (5,6) - This part in particular sounds very off compared to the actual music, while I understand instrumental may support it I feel it is too subtle to be used... (this can be ignored as I do sometimes have trouble finding the instrumental parts of music)

01:48:491 (4,5) - I feel like more could've been done here, when he drags out the note. I say you could've put in a slider to put in a bit more diversity for the map as it feels pretty stale so far in my opinion.

02:35:400 (1) -
For all the other sounds of the same type you put in a spinner, however for this time you put in a slider, I'm not sure if you're trying to be more diverse in this section but it feels very jarring and apparent to see this change.
You should cut the song as the ending is just empty and feels too long.

(if you find this helpful I should definitely get kudosu just saying ;;;;))))))
Topic Starter
Ora

Rabbitt wrote:

I know difficulty
01:15:763 (3) - I'm not sure what this is following, while I understand where it ends has the drum sound what of the first note? The first note even goes after the I know and I can't find an instrumental sound either. I would say to make the slider longer as it does sound better and more fitting. (1 note to the left where that free space is) you make a good point because if I move it left it would follow the vocals ("i know") but there is a bass sound where I have it starting now and i think it's fine ^^

01:45:491 (2,3,4,5,6) - This whole part I can honestly say sounds VERY off to me hmm, I guess I could use more sliders, but I'll wait for more feedback on this
01:46:036 (5,6) - This part in particular sounds very off compared to the actual music, while I understand instrumental may support it I feel it is too subtle to be used... (this can be ignored as I do sometimes have trouble finding the instrumental parts of music) this part represents where he says in the lyrics "it slow". I think it's fine ^_^

01:48:491 (4,5) - I feel like more could've been done here, when he drags out the note. I say you could've put in a slider to put in a bit more diversity for the map as it feels pretty stale so far in my opinion.
I'm starting to agree with you here. I probably used way too much triples in such a short amount of playtime.
02:35:400 (1) -
For all the other sounds of the same type you put in a spinner, however for this time you put in a slider, I'm not sure if you're trying to be more diverse in this section but it feels very jarring and apparent to see this change. for the "i know" parts, I didn't use a spinner. Same at 01:25:581 (5,6) -
You should cut the song as the ending is just empty and feels too long. Yeah true, I'll end up cutting it and fading it out

(if you find this helpful I should definitely get kudosu just saying ;;;;)))))) Even if I didn't make any changes, you still get kds don't worry ^^. You put in effort and spent time looking at my map. Thanks for the mod
Topic Starter
Ora

Neoskylove wrote:

Q

[Normal]
01:43:036 (1) - 2ticks have to be blank after spinner in normal diff. I think the BPM is slow enough, but I might be wrong. I'll ask about this ^^
02:20:127 (1,3) - DS is same with 2, so this part can be hard to read, little bit. I see your point, but the directional curve helps
02:56:127 (3,4,5) - make reverse, this looks hard to read. I wanted more diversity, but I'll ask about this as well

[I know]
03:17:945 (1,3) - swap NC fix

GL thanks ^^
rs_fadeaway
Hello Ora~ nice to cya again

[General]
finish the metadata
remove the countdwon?

[Normal]
sry, cant find anything!

[i know]
00:38:945 (4,5,6) - already touch the chat bar, im kinda worry about this
01:28:854 (5) - same here
01:56:672 (2) - ctrl + g ? to make the flow different with the last bar
03:10:854 (4,5,6) - balance the distance

this is pretty good, both in rhythm and look, gj
Topic Starter
Ora

rs_fadeaway wrote:

Hello Ora~ nice to cya again

[General]
finish the metadata working on this !!
remove the countdwon? oops

[Normal]
sry, cant find anything!

[i know]
00:38:945 (4,5,6) - already touch the chat bar, im kinda worry about this fixed!
01:28:854 (5) - same here fsdfsdf
01:56:672 (2) - ctrl + g ? to make the flow different with the last bar hmm i'll keep for now
03:10:854 (4,5,6) - balance the distance should be good

this is pretty good, both in rhythm and look, gj thanks for the mod ^^
[Nemesis]
Sorry, was supposed to do a mod but this type of a map just isn't for me ;-;
From what I looked it's fine though, just deserves an easy diff, how about you consider mapping it?
Topic Starter
Ora

[Nemesis] wrote:

Sorry, was supposed to do a mod but this type of a map just isn't for me ;-;
From what I looked it's fine though, just deserves an easy diff, how about you consider mapping it?
I guess I could, but the normal is pretty low SR (below 2.0 means I don't HAVE to make an easy). I'll still consider it

thanks for trying trying :)
gary00737
From my Q :P

Normal
00:21:218 (2) - ctrl+j for the flow?
00:33:354 (1) - spinner between next object should be 2/1 in normal

i think [I Know]diff is no problem,

um,., this song very meme

i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know.i know. :?

GL ~
riffy
Oh, hello there

[General]
  1. Getting some combo colours would be a good idea. the efault ones vary from skin to skin and may look really bad.
  2. Did a quick google search and found this. Seems pretty official, gues we can have it listed as the source
[Normal]
  1. The difficulty settings could be lowered to make the difficulty more beginner friend;y. Remmeber, this is the easiet difficulty, so it should be slightly easier than an average Normal.
  2. 00:26:672 (1,2) - this would work a lot better as a slider, the two circle rhythm may be confusing because of the beat 00:27:081 - here.I guess a slider would feel less misleading.
  3. 00:33:218 - how about a circle here? The change in the vocals and the rhythm sorta ask for a strong clickable object here.
    Note: 00:50:672 - same here. What is the point of delaying the spinner if the beat before it is not even clickable after all.
  4. 00:33:354 (1,1) - it is a good idea to leave at least 1000ms of recovery time for easier difficulties. Beginner players need that time to switch from spinning to aiming again.
    Note: the same would apply to all simi;ar patterns.
  5. 02:37:309 - try to place a circle here or drag the break to make it start here. Either way, that'd feel slightly more consistent with the harder difficulty.

It's pretty good, though it probably could be a little bit friendlier to beginners in terms of difficulty settings.
[I Know]
  1. 00:19:445 - it doesn't really make much sense to leave this one unclickable and then map a much weaker beat (00:19:581) with a sliderhead. what do you think about this rhythm instad?
    Note: same would apply to similar patterns, the drums and vocals are sort of repetitive. // also, sort of similar thing happens with 00:37:036 (9) - when the slider begins on a stronger beat and ends on a weaker one. Perhaps it should be more like this? Doubles sound more natural.
  2. 01:38:945 (2,3,4) - incase you were following the vocals, these would do better as doubles as well. It sort of reoccurs throughout the song in the similar parts.

Apart from the rhythm thingy I didn't find much. It's pretty neat.
I disagree with the rhythm in the mentioned parts, but apart from that it was preetty cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
ARenaissance
Hi, M4M. Sorry for the delay; I didn't know if I would map first or if you would.

My map for your convenience: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/527546

[I Know]

00:35:400 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - There's a bit of a spacing inconsistency here. For aesthetics purposes, you may want to make this a clearer symmetrical pattern. This generalizes to other parts in the map with circle-dominant patterns.

01:28:854 (5) - I hear both a cymbal and a verbal change on 01:29:127, where the singer starts pronouncing the "m" in motion. I would make this a single reverse slider for that reason.

01:36:763 (2,3,4) - Why aren't you mapping to the vocals here like everywhere else?

02:56:400 (6,7,8) - This triple doesn't seem to reflect the beat, since it fails to prioritize the strong sound on (7) in any way. I would suggest mapping more prominently to the drum beat. You map things differently in other spots with similar musicality.

[Normal]

00:33:354 (1,1) - The recovery time you're offering here is making me a bit uncomfortable. the SRC suggests 2 beats recovery time for songs approximately 180 bpm, and you're only offering 1. Yes, this is 110 bpm, but the recovery time still feels too short. I would suggest perhaps using a slider instead.

01:29:945 (1,2) - The music seems to suggest a syncopated rhythm, something like

03:04:581 (2,1) - Small aesthetics thing: these guys seem to be a bit too close together.

That's about it from me. Sorry for the short mod; over-all quality looks good to me.

EDIT: Changed the time spot for my second comment in Normal.
Topic Starter
Ora

Bakari wrote:

Oh, hello there

[General]
  1. Getting some combo colours would be a good idea. the efault ones vary from skin to skin and may look really bad. any suggestions?
    :^)
  2. Did a quick google search and found this. Seems pretty official, gues we can have it listed as the source hmm so what should the source be? I added more tags
[Normal]
  1. The difficulty settings could be lowered to make the difficulty more beginner friend;y. Remmeber, this is the easiet difficulty, so it should be slightly easier than an average Normal.
  2. 00:26:672 (1,2) - this would work a lot better as a slider, the two circle rhythm may be confusing because of the beat 00:27:081 - here.I guess a slider would feel less misleading. agreed, there was another spot I had like this so I fixed it too
  3. 00:33:218 - how about a circle here? The change in the vocals and the rhythm sorta ask for a strong clickable object here. sure
    Note: 00:50:672 - same here. What is the point of delaying the spinner if the beat before it is not even clickable after all. ye boi
  4. 00:33:354 (1,1) - it is a good idea to leave at least 1000ms of recovery time for easier difficulties. Beginner players need that time to switch from spinning to aiming again. fixed! the spinners are super short now though, is that fine? I could also just take out the spinners that come before a new section
    Note: the same would apply to all simi;ar patterns.
  5. 02:37:309 - try to place a circle here or drag the break to make it start here. Either way, that'd feel slightly more consistent with the harder difficulty. circle

It's pretty good, though it probably could be a little bit friendlier to beginners in terms of difficulty settings.
[I Know]
  1. 00:19:445 - it doesn't really make much sense to leave this one unclickable and then map a much weaker beat (00:19:581) with a sliderhead. what do you think about this rhythm instad?
    Note: same would apply to similar patterns, the drums and vocals are sort of repetitive. // also, sort of similar thing happens with 00:37:036 (9) - when the slider begins on a stronger beat and ends on a weaker one. Perhaps it should be more like this? Doubles sound more natural.
  2. 01:38:945 (2,3,4) - incase you were following the vocals, these would do better as doubles as well. It sort of reoccurs throughout the song in the similar parts.

Apart from the rhythm thingy I didn't find much. It's pretty neat.
Ok so I agree with you halfway, but I have a few questions before I go in and remap all of these. There are some such as 00:29:945 (5,6) - where your change makes sense because there's no strong sound at 00:30:491 - but others where I think the strong bass should should be clickable like 00:25:036 - . Does that make sense? same with 00:41:945 (1,2) - vs 00:43:036 (3,4) - . 00:42:491 - is strong while 00:43:581 - isn't. This might be a better example because they are right next to each other

I disagree with the rhythm in the mentioned parts, but apart from that it was preetty cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Mitkoff
Hello O/
hmm, it seems ready to go tbh, Orz...
But, i found some minor things, extra opinion rarely damage, right?

[Normal]
  1. 02:46:309 (1,2,1,2,3) - couple of points here.
    1st thing - this section sounds less rich (in point of difference sounds), it makes more calm feelings then other parts of the song, You might use as well less tense rhythm here.
    2nd thing - 02:47:400 - vocal here sounds repetative to 02:48:491 - vocal here, so might use minor pattern
    3rd - 02:49:581 - 02:49:991 - 02:50:400 - If you emphasize attenuation, so not really good idea to keep last objects clicable... 15% sound beat anyway give ~0 feedback to player.
    suggestion->https://puu.sh/wuiA1.jpg https://puu.sh/wuhQb.jpg
  2. 02:55:854 (2,3,4,5) - this pattern looks really hard for easiest diff :? Its use hard swapping polarity, this stuff which You usually avoid and this is most tense part of map. Might be use a bit simplify rhythm? Hmmm, at least i suggest NC 02:56:127 - , make pattern more recognizable and much easier to read.
[I Know]
  1. 02:50:672 (1) - any reason for this circle, You usually don't make clicable 1st circle in breaks.
  2. yeah, also i see some rhythm discrepancies, but Bakari already pointed out most of them...
[]
Overall pretty neat. Such an enjoyable song btw. :lol:
GL~
Topic Starter
Ora

ARenaissance wrote:

Hi, M4M. Sorry for the delay; I didn't know if I would map first or if you would.

My map for your convenience: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/527546 Sorry I was a bit late D: Modded

[I Know] I'll reply to this once I hear from Bakari

00:35:400 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - There's a bit of a spacing inconsistency here. For aesthetics purposes, you may want to make this a clearer symmetrical pattern. This generalizes to other parts in the map with circle-dominant patterns.

01:28:854 (5) - I hear both a cymbal and a verbal change on 01:29:127, where the singer starts pronouncing the "m" in motion. I would make this a single reverse slider for that reason.

01:36:763 (2,3,4) - Why aren't you mapping to the vocals here like everywhere else?

02:56:400 (6,7,8) - This triple doesn't seem to reflect the beat, since it fails to prioritize the strong sound on (7) in any way. I would suggest mapping more prominently to the drum beat. You map things differently in other spots with similar musicality.

[Normal]

00:33:354 (1,1) - The recovery time you're offering here is making me a bit uncomfortable. the SRC suggests 2 beats recovery time for songs approximately 180 bpm, and you're only offering 1. Yes, this is 110 bpm, but the recovery time still feels too short. I would suggest perhaps using a slider instead. fixed in Bakari's mod! thanks

01:29:945 (1,2) - The music seems to suggest a syncopated rhythm, something like agreed but I did something different so it doesn't affect spacing

03:04:581 (2,1) - Small aesthetics thing: these guys seem to be a bit too close together. I see the concern but I think it's fine for now.
If someone else mentions I will consider changing

That's about it from me. Sorry for the short mod; over-all quality looks good to me.

EDIT: Changed the time spot for my second comment in Normal.
Drummer
hi, m4m
mod
[General]
add some combo colors?

neither difficulties are mapped after 03:28:854 (2). this leaves over 40 seconds of music without any mapping whch is a bit too much (almost 20%). either map the end part too or just cut the mp3 shorter

[Normal]
im not any good at modding difficulties this low aaaaa
00:15:763 - add a spinner like in hard diff?
00:32:127 (2,1) - could give slightly more time to start spinning by removing the repeat on slider and starting the spinner at 00:33:218
02:56:127 (3,4,5) - this might be too hard for new players to understand..? also it's the only spot in the map where you mapped it this way, change it to something similar to the rest of the map?

[I Know]
00:45:763 (6) - remove sliderwhistle
00:50:672 (1) - lower the spinner's end volume?
01:59:400 (3,4,5,6,7) - equal spacing between these?
02:00:491 (1) - lower volume again

all looks ok i think
sorry for short mod

good luck!
riffy
Depending on what you pick as the main thing to follow, you can just decide to focus on the vocals and ignore the white ticks entirely in these patterns, or you can focus n drums and alternate the rhythms depending on the way the instruments go.

As for the metadata, I meant listing the YT video as the source for metadta. Just somewhere in the forums, that'd help nominators while pushing the map. And I also went ahead and picked some colours for you.

[Colours]
Combo1 : 164,188,141
Combo2 : 194,163,150
Combo3 : 137,158,190

Topic Starter
Ora
Thanks Bakarina ^^ I'll take your advice and go from there. The combo colors look great also :)

Edit: pretty much remapped a lot of Hard diff, I want to keep the rhythm I was using in the "I Know. I Know." parts because the white ticks are important to the vocals there. Everything else should be good rhythmically now ^^ If you see any mistakes let me know!
Topic Starter
Ora

Mitkoff wrote:

Hello O/
hmm, it seems ready to go tbh, Orz...
But, i found some minor things, extra opinion rarely damage, right?

[Normal]
  1. 02:46:309 (1,2,1,2,3) - couple of points here.
    1st thing - this section sounds less rich (in point of difference sounds), it makes more calm feelings then other parts of the song, You might use as well less tense rhythm here. actually I feel like this section is already "less rich" while I'm only using white ticks.
    2nd thing - 02:47:400 - vocal here sounds repetative to 02:48:491 - vocal here, so might use minor pattern you make a good point but the reverse slider is mapped to the music and I would like to keep it that way
    3rd - 02:49:581 - 02:49:991 - 02:50:400 - If you emphasize attenuation, so not really good idea to keep last objects clicable... 15% sound beat anyway give ~0 feedback to player. fixed the sound issue and made it less harsh. I might consider just putting a slider there instead of 2 circles but for now I'll keep the rhythm
    suggestion->https://puu.sh/wuiA1.jpg https://puu.sh/wuhQb.jpg i will consider ^^
  2. 02:55:854 (2,3,4,5) - this pattern looks really hard for easiest diff :? Its use hard swapping polarity, this stuff which You usually avoid and this is most tense part of map. Might be use a bit simplify rhythm? Hmmm, at least i suggest NC 02:56:127 - , make pattern more recognizable and much easier to read.
I've gotten a lot of feedback for this pattern/rhythm I did but I don't think it's as bad as people think. It's the beginning of the most intense part of the song and I think it plays just fine. I will however look for testplays from people at this SR.

[I Know]
  1. 02:50:672 (1) - any reason for this circle, You usually don't make clicable 1st circle in breaks. oops, gone
  2. yeah, also i see some rhythm discrepancies, but Bakari already pointed out most of them...
[]
Overall pretty neat. Such an enjoyable song btw. :lol:
GL~
Thanks for the mod ^^
Topic Starter
Ora

Drummer wrote:

hi, m4m
[General]
add some combo colors?

neither difficulties are mapped after 03:28:854 (2). this leaves over 40 seconds of music without any mapping whch is a bit too much (almost 20%). either map the end part too or just cut the mp3 shorter

[Normal]
im not any good at modding difficulties this low aaaaa
00:15:763 - add a spinner like in hard diff?oops!
00:32:127 (2,1) - could give slightly more time to start spinning by removing the repeat on slider and starting the spinner at 00:33:218 fixed
02:56:127 (3,4,5) - this might be too hard for new players to understand..? also it's the only spot in the map where you mapped it this way, change it to something similar to the rest of the map? refer to Mitkoff's mod

[I Know]
00:45:763 (6) - remove sliderwhistle oops
00:50:672 (1) - lower the spinner's end volume? thank you for catching this! I actually had the spinner end too early compared to normal.
Should be good now

01:59:400 (3,4,5,6,7) - equal spacing between these? the larger spacing is used to emphasize that last clap
02:00:491 (1) - lower volume again same as the other

all looks ok i think
sorry for short mod really good mod tbh, caught some errors on my part, your map will be done soon!

good luck!
Lilyanna
NM from K-POP MODDING QUEUE

General

not sure about the outro 03:29:945 - this feel can be mapped but maybe its just me! even aimod complain about it or just cut mp3 xd
maybe add k-pop as well cuz some people search k-pop instead of kpop

Normal

01:36:491 - it would be better if this beat is clickable like u did here 01:32:127 (1) - maybe remove this 01:36:218 (4) - and make this repeat once 01:35:400 (3) - then add note here on downbeat 01:36:491 -
01:58:309 (3) - nc
02:29:945 (3) - it always give better flow if u ctrl j and replace with ds
02:37:581 - can drag the break fade to start on downbeat

U know

01:27:763 - did u intend to start nc on each downbeat on kiai if not and there is no reason behind it make nc consistent throw out the map
02:37:581 - same in normal
03:10:309 (8) -nc here on downbeat not here 03:11:400 (1) -
03:11:400 (1) - this object is not snapped
00:37:991 - 00:44:536 - ..and so on! maybe map these claps as well because it seem like u mapped most of them so
00:50:672 (1) - maybe add whistle in slider end or some hitsound that fits piano

its clean neat map ! good luck !
Topic Starter
Ora

Lilyanna wrote:

NM from K-POP MODDING QUEUE

General

not sure about the outro 03:29:945 - this feel can be mapped but maybe its just me! even aimod complain about it or just cut mp3 xd I'll probably cut but ill see what BN thinks because i still want that part to play at the end of the map. Not going to map it tho :^)
maybe add k-pop as well cuz some people search k-pop instead of kpop yuyrterw

Normal

01:36:491 - it would be better if this beat is clickable like u did here 01:32:127 (1) - maybe remove this 01:36:218 (4) - and make this repeat once 01:35:400 (3) - then add note here on downbeat 01:36:491 - hmm what about 01:30:763 (2) - then. U make a good point but im trying to be careful with rhythm here so it's not too advanced. If I add reverse on the long slider then DS will be all messed up. I'll keep for now
01:58:309 (3) - nc fix
02:29:945 (3) - it always give better flow if u ctrl j and replace with ds agreed! there was another part earlier that was the same so i fixed too
02:37:581 - can drag the break fade to start on downbeat ill try iut

U know

01:27:763 - did u intend to start nc on each downbeat on kiai if not and there is no reason behind it make nc consistent throw out the map yesyes
02:37:581 - same in normal qqq
03:10:309 (8) -nc here on downbeat not here 03:11:400 (1) - oop
03:11:400 (1) - this object is not snapped fk
00:37:991 - 00:44:536 - ..and so on! maybe map these claps as well because it seem like u mapped most of them so i want vocals here and I do the same at places like 00:46:309 (1,2) - 00:48:491 (1,2) - and later in the map
00:50:672 (1) - maybe add whistle in slider end or some hitsound that fits piano sure, added in both diffs

its clean neat map ! good luck !
Topic Starter
Ora
Updated mp3 and cut/faded the ending since I never mapped it. Also added video
Underforest
hi, I owe you an answer for a m4m we did a long ago so here it is

[General]
m4a is not a officially supported video file, you might convert it to .avi or .flv instead

[Normal]
CS should be 3.5 imo
00:39:549 (3,1) - Fix blanket
02:55:912 (2,3,4,5) - this mix confuses beginner players, please do this pattern more friendly

[I Know]
Bakari already pointed out some rhythm issues but

short mod because the map is already good, gl~
Topic Starter
Ora

Underforest wrote:

hi, I owe you an answer for a m4m we did a long ago so here it is

[General]
m4a is not a officially supported video file, you might convert it to .avi or .flv instead fixing this soon, have someone encoding the video for me

[Normal]
CS should be 3.5 imo plently of testplays from random players at 'normal' level and they have had no with 3.8
00:39:549 (3,1) - Fix blanket should b good now
02:55:912 (2,3,4,5) - this mix confuses beginner players, please do this pattern more friendly yup! fixed, everyone complained about this part

[I Know]
Bakari already pointed out some rhythm issues but rhythm issues should be good now. Rhythm focuses on vocals

short mod because the map is already good, gl~ tyty
blobdash
here's the video you requested! could encode it faster, finally.
.avi : https://mega.nz/#!q8wVjaRA!-s4h1p6lV-kb ... O8SwjqTGkE

Please include this code in the description of the set :

[b][url=https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/545860]Video encoded by FruityEnLoops - Check his Video encoding and Mod queue![/url][/b]

If you have any problem (quality, size etc) PM me and i'll see what I can do! (though, please note that your video is 3 min long and I don't think i'll be able to get a lower size)
Topic Starter
Ora

FruityEnLoops wrote:

here's the video you requested! could encode it faster, finally.
.avi : https://mega.nz/#!q8wVjaRA!-s4h1p6lV-kb ... O8SwjqTGkE

Please include this code in the description of the set :

[b][url=https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/545860]Video encoded by FruityEnLoops - Check his Video encoding and Mod queue![/url][/b]

If you have any problem (quality, size etc) PM me and i'll see what I can do! (though, please note that your video is 3 min long and I don't think i'll be able to get a lower size)
Thanks so much, the size should be fine and I don't see issues with quality. Everything looks good ^^
squirrelpascals
Hi!

General
• Correct offset is 537-539. Fix this, resnap all notes and sv points

• Your metadata source doesn't have the parentheses around feat Syd, and its also spelt as ft. in your source. Can you make this consistent with your source?

ik
• 00:24:549 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Usually you map map to drums for 2 beat then vocals for 2 beats, for example at 00:20:185 (1,2,3,4) - why do you break this pattern here and map to vocals first?

• 00:36:958 (8,9) - 00:39:139 (5,6) - 00:45:685 (5,6) - 00:47:867 (5,6) - 00:42:412 (2,3) - don't you usually use x1 ds for these 1/4 rhythms? These are x.8 or x.9 for some reason. This happens later in the diff too, would just prefer consistency here

• 00:43:639 - Ignored note here? I know that you're focusing drums here, but i think putting something here would make this part more fluent in rhythm. Same for 01:52:912 (4,5) -

• 01:28:639 (3,4,5,6) - Can you space this triple farther from 6? there's not a lot of movement in this pattern so this might be confusing. Same for 01:33:003 (3,4,5,6) -

• 01:36:821 (2,3) - Dont like how you left one vocal note on a clickable beat (2) and another on a passive beat (3 sliderend). Same for 01:39:003 (2,3,4) -

• 01:46:776 (1) - Move nc to 01:47:458 (3) - because you usually have 8 beat combos

• 03:06:276 (2,3,4,6) - since 2,3,4 stack, 2 is barely touching 6. Can you move 6 so this doesn't happen? (View stacking for this)

• 03:09:276 (5,6) - Slider here? to be consistent with this pattern 03:00:549 (6,7) -

• 03:21:821 (2,3) - Don't like the flow choice here, since the jump from 2 to3 goes completely against the slider flow of 2, which you don't really find in this map

• In the first part of the map, from the beginning until about 02:18:003 - you use 8 beat nc patterns, until about 02:18:003 - where you switch to using 4 beats for the rest of the map. Can you make this consistent throughout the map (4 beats would be more optimal because its consistent with normal too)?

Normal
• 00:15:821 (1) - 00:33:276 (1) - 01:43:094 (1) - 02:18:003 (1) - 02:52:912 (1) - Spinner feels wayy too short for a normal diff. You're a lot better off extending them by one beat like this one 01:08:185 (1) -

• 00:26:730 (5) - missing nc?

• 01:28:639 (2,3,1,2,3) - Too many 3/4 rhythms at once here makes this part confusing. It's fine how you use the 3/4 sliders but this part of the map specifically is too complex. Please make this a little bit simpler

• 02:25:639 (3,4,1) - 02:34:367 (3,1) - Inconsistency in rhythm before the "aaaaaa" part. In one of them this note 02:26:458 (4) - is clickable and in the other it is a passive sliderend. Since this recognizable I would correct this

• 02:46:367 (1,2,3) - vs. 02:48:549 (1,2,3) - I think the player will confuse the second pattern to have the same as the first one because the spacing in between these two is pretty similar (even though you use ds). Maybe change the rhythm for one of these to have a slider or do something to make the 3/4 change more recognizable?

k call me back :)
Firetruck
YO HYPE
Topic Starter
Ora

squirrelpascals wrote:

Hi! Hello there... pishi voice

General
• Correct offset is 537-539. Fix this, resnap all notes and sv points fixed!

• Your metadata source doesn't have the parentheses around feat Syd, and its also spelt as ft. in your source. Can you make this consistent with your source?Yeah, I took what iTunes gave me but Bakari said I should use youtube as source so I never fixed it. Should be good now!

ik
• 00:24:549 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Usually you map map to drums for 2 beat then vocals for 2 beats, for example at 00:20:185 (1,2,3,4) - why do you break this pattern here and map to vocals first? I'm not understanding this, I'll try to catch you in game

• 00:36:958 (8,9) - 00:39:139 (5,6) - 00:45:685 (5,6) - 00:47:867 (5,6) - 00:42:412 (2,3) - don't you usually use x1 ds for these 1/4 rhythms? These are x.8 or x.9 for some reason. This happens later in the diff too, would just prefer consistency here woop yeah when I remapped the rhythm for some reason I used 0.8

• 00:43:639 - Ignored note here? I know that you're focusing drums here, but i think putting something here would make this part more fluent in rhythm. Same for 01:52:912 (4,5) - I tried this but it just doesnt feel right tbh but I see what you're saying. The main reason for this is that vocals "reset" and it also gives the player a "reset" in a way after a pretty rhythmically dense section. but if you have any suggestions for rhythm that would fit, please give meeee

• 01:28:639 (3,4,5,6) - Can you space this triple farther from 6? there's not a lot of movement in this pattern so this might be confusing. Same for 01:33:003 (3,4,5,6) - sure

• 01:36:821 (2,3) - Dont like how you left one vocal note on a clickable beat (2) and another on a passive beat (3 sliderend). Same for 01:39:003 (2,3,4) - bakari mentioned this but I didn't feel like doubles would be comfortable for a player at this SR, so I added 1/4 sliders (tell me if this is fine,
I tested and it seems ok)

• 01:46:776 (1) - Move nc to 01:47:458 (3) - because you usually have 8 beat combos oop

• 03:06:276 (2,3,4,6) - since 2,3,4 stack, 2 is barely touching 6. Can you move 6 so this doesn't happen? (View stacking for this) should be good now

• 03:09:276 (5,6) - Slider here? to be consistent with this pattern 03:00:549 (6,7) - I want the "let me" vocals to be clickable and then sliders for the "bay bayyyy" part as her voice tones down, I feel it just plays better.

• 03:21:821 (2,3) - Don't like the flow choice here, since the jump from 2 to3 goes completely against the slider flow of 2, which you don't really find in this map hmm I'm not understanding and idk if I agree. The flow is still going clockwise until the 3/4 reverse. Similar to 01:10:355 (1,2) -

• In the first part of the map, from the beginning until about 02:18:003 - you use 8 beat nc patterns, until about 02:18:003 - where you switch to using 4 beats for the rest of the map. Can you make this consistent throughout the map (4 beats would be more optimal because its consistent with normal too)? all NCs should be good. I think it was just the section at 01:10:355 - that I messed up the NCs and used 8 beats NCs

Normal
• 00:15:821 (1) - 00:33:276 (1) - 01:43:094 (1) - 02:18:003 (1) - 02:52:912 (1) - Spinner feels wayy too short for a normal diff. You're a lot better off extending them by one beat like this one 01:08:185 (1) -

• 00:26:730 (5) - missing nc?

• 01:28:639 (2,3,1,2,3) - Too many 3/4 rhythms at once here makes this part confusing. It's fine how you use the 3/4 sliders but this part of the map specifically is too complex. Please make this a little bit simpler

• 02:25:639 (3,4,1) - 02:34:367 (3,1) - Inconsistency in rhythm before the "aaaaaa" part. In one of them this note 02:26:458 (4) - is clickable and in the other it is a passive sliderend. Since this recognizable I would correct this

• 02:46:367 (1,2,3) - vs. 02:48:549 (1,2,3) - I think the player will confuse the second pattern to have the same as the first one because the spacing in between these two is pretty similar (even though you use ds). Maybe change the rhythm for one of these to have a slider or do something to make the 3/4 change more recognizable?

everything in normal fixed ^^

k call me back :)
thanks much squirrel! I'll try to pm you in game about that 1 rhythm issue :)
Topic Starter
Ora
Updated and rhythm should be consistent now. Sorry but I forgot to save the chat log we had D:
squirrelpascals
no worries. just some quick fixes you should make before we move on:

• 00:25:627 (1) - extra nc here

• 00:39:809 (1,2,3) - imo, it would be better to change this pattern because it abuses slider leniency a lot more than your more flowy ones where you follow the slider more thoroughly. Thats also what i said for 03:21:809 (2,3) - but i agree from our previous irc that this one makes the circular cursor path work better, so i guess change it if you want to

• 03:09:264 (5,6,7) - you discussed that you wanted to keep 5 and 6 as circles for exaggeration here and im cool with that, so may I suggest turning 03:04:900 (5) - into two circles as well? I think this can work just as well as it did at 03:09:264 (5,6,7) - in the same way

okay let me know :)
Topic Starter
Ora

squirrelpascals wrote:

no worries. just some quick fixes you should make before we move on:

• 00:25:627 (1) - extra nc hereoop

• 00:39:809 (1,2,3) - imo, it would be better to change this pattern because it abuses slider leniency a lot more than your more flowy ones where you follow the slider more thoroughly. Thats also what i said for 03:21:809 (2,3) - but i agree from our previous irc that this one makes the circular cursor path work better, so i guess change it if you want to should be good now...check it ^^

• 03:09:264 (5,6,7) - you discussed that you wanted to keep 5 and 6 as circles for exaggeration here and im cool with that, so may I suggest turning 03:04:900 (5) - into two circles as well? I think this can work just as well as it did at 03:09:264 (5,6,7) - in the same way decided to just go with your old suggestion... and changed 03:10:355 (1,4) - to fit previous rhythm so it wasn't just 5 sliders in a row

okay let me know :)
Thanks squirrel! I wont be on until tomorrow but I'll take care of these sorry I'm here now, was dealing with IRL stuff :?

hopefully it's good now, I test played a few times and the patterns I changed seem fine
Topic Starter
Ora
Oh yeah, I also changed the direction of this pattern: 00:31:355 (2,3,4,5,6) - so it plays better. updooted
squirrelpascals
I got intentions baby

03:11:446 (5) - unsnapped slider end. fix this and ill just rebub because im dumb
squirrelpascals
I'm feeling restless baby
show more