forum

main menu background changes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Hi guys

Based on the positive response to the season main menu backgrounds (featuring osu! mascots), we're going to start running quarterly community contribution contests and continuing to offer these backgrounds to be available in the osu! client for all users to enjoy.

Some have voiced concerns over not wanting animu on their main menu. Today's update addresses this by giving the user full control over what menu backgrounds are displayed. You can now find a settings which lets you choose to have seasonal backgrounds displayed:

1. somtimes: You will see seasonal backgrounds for a few weeks at the beginning of each season. We will choose when they will be removed, replaced with more plain backgrounds you're used to.
  2. never: You will never see seasonal backgrounds, and defaults will be used in all cases. This means you won't have any animu.
  3. always: You will always have the current season's backgrounds.

You will also notice that backgrounds are now cycled each time the audio track changes!

In this update, we have also added a series of new default backgrounds. They are really nice and work well as wallpapers too, so here is a handy gallery from which you can download them at full resolution.

Now, back to lazer development. See you in a while! Don't forget to come visit us at AX if you're around.
Caput Mortuum
oh sweet
KeemStarr
NICE! Haha
great_yarn
Niceeeeee
Shinsekai-
dem this is good
Stormross
Cool
Daelan
I love this concept
Tzuly
Ohh true?
7ambda
👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌
Virgo-
nice
Sayukii
I like the aesthetics uwu
Todoki
Perfect ;u;
frozz
Best of osu!
i guess
Amatsukaze-
Nice concept
gehongyan
nice backgrounds!
Megumi Kato
Kreygasm
Lefafel
Can you add a tickbox that makes the "Sometimes" setting override a skin's custom mackground image? I'd like to have the seasonal backgrounds for a few weeks when they come out, but don't really want to look at the game's default background for the rest of the year...
Guina
Sympho
ok,nice 8-)
Dedot
damn this is really good!
Frac
noice :3
Shotrocker
so good
lastheroes
nice!
show more