forum

WALKUERE - Ikenai Borderline

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, June 9, 2017 at 10:40:38 AM

Artist: WALKUERE
Title: Ikenai Borderline
Source: マクロスΔ
Tags: Macross Delta walkure Freyja Wion Mikumo Guynemer Kaname Buccaneer Makina Nakajima Reina Prowler Minori Suzuki Koshimizu Ami Nishida Nozomi Toyama Nao Yasuno Kiyono JUNNA
BPM: 161
Filesize: 6876kb
Play Time: 04:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Uncrossable Borderline (7.85 stars, 923 notes)
Download: WALKUERE - Ikenai Borderline
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Welcome to Walkure World. A world where we keep on accelerating even as we approach the borderline.

5/31: New MP3, so please redownload if you downloaded before then

Thanks to Shurelia for helping me with hitsounds.

Aiming for Loved
PatZar
GIRI GIRI AYYYYYY LMAOOOOOOOOO IKENAIII BORDERLINEEEEEEEE
Kami-senpai
missing preview point kdsthx
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Kami-senpai wrote:

missing preview point kdsthx
How did I forget the preview point of all things.....? Fixed.
Asaiga
beautiful.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Asaiga wrote:

beautiful.
Thanks, seeing people enjoy it means a lot to me.
Neptunee
H OYL
ZyRiiu
Notch Hell reloaded lmao.

Amazing map, though. How long did it take you to make these sliders? lol..
-sandAI
spiner start her 04:30:200 (4) - noob mapper >:(
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

-Vanilla wrote:

spiner start her 04:30:200 (4) - noob mapper >:(
Looking back, you're right, changed.

ZyRiiu wrote:

Notch Hell reloaded lmao.

Amazing map, though. How long did it take you to make these sliders? lol..
Ummmm, long enough xD. Been mapping this diff for a year now on and off because some of these sliders took 40min-1hr.
fieryrage
ok, no offense, but can you actually put playable shit in the loved category

maware was pretty alright, this is just what the fuck are you even doing
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

fieryrage wrote:

ok, no offense, but can you actually put playable shit in the loved category

maware was pretty alright, this is just what the fuck are you even doing
Lol, I don't think I'll map anything harder or even remotely this hard for a while (I spent over a yr on and off with this map).

As for the map itself, I wanted to do something unique for a song that talked about continuously accelerating as the characters reach the borderline. While the 10x multiplier might have been a bit extreme to reach as the borderline. I ultimately thought it was a fun endeavor for me, and it served my purpose of creating a decent showcase of sliderart for other mappers to learn from and the audience to look at.
Zel
dank ass sliders fam
fieryrage
I understand the feel to make a creative map, I'm not trying to diss on the aesthetics or creativity of the sliders since they are actually really good, it's just why put this in the loved category if it's very clearly unplayable? Centipede isn't loved for that exact reason...
lit120
wtf dude this is the most impressive stuff that i've ever seen with the slider arts LOL
pijon95
Nice map w
Natsu
nice sliders
Gaia
I it
Surono
giri giri ayylmao
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Thank you for everyone for playing and talking about my map. I'm honestly overjoyed by how much feedback I got both compliments and comdemnation, and I think this truly underpins what the loved section is about because "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference." - Elie Wiesel. In fact, love and hate are fairly similar emotions http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 76901.html . But beyond just science and quotes, I believe the loved section is for interesting map that can't be ranked, and the amount of responses I elicited is a great sign of it. However, if you don't agree with my definition and want to debate the loved criteria, go to t/601062

fieryrage wrote:

I understand the feel to make a creative map, I'm not trying to diss on the aesthetics or creativity of the sliders since they are actually really good, it's just why put this in the loved category if it's very clearly unplayable? Centipede isn't loved for that exact reason...
Are loved maps required to be playable? Are maps more interesting just because they're playable (even though this map might be considered playable in a few years)? Feel free to post on the loved discussion about that, but I think the answer to both are no. On other hand, how many people remember stuff like Cutting Circles, Fake It, Fear Factory, or other interesting maps throughout time? Pretty sure most new players won't. When we older players go away, how are they supposed to find these maps? I know for sure I can direct people to loved and they can find Fake It. So along those same lines of reasoning, I believe Centipede should be loved if the mapper wants it to be.

(After talking with others, I acknowledge that many different definitions for the loved section section exist, and I'm sorry this map this map didn't meet your definition)
Yuii-

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Are loved maps required to be playable? Are maps more interesting just because they're playable (even though this map might be considered playable in a few years)?
Maps... are supposed to be played...
Unless you are mapping Centipede, yet that map is graved currently.
7ambda
Can you at least do basic hitsounds and volume adjustment next time? This is painful to listen to, especially the end.
Monstrata
I have nothing against the map, but your preview point is like 0.5 seconds too late and its tilting me really hard.
Battle
tbh I think the bigger concern is that the offset sounds off, especially at the start of the map where the 1/2 beats are off from the music lol
Athrun
Hmmm...

Hmmmmmmmm...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
https://twitter.com/chippum_/status/874757715960180736

'Community Response'
mindmaster107
So your map has been memed by Chippy.

I see this as a question to what the current loved system promotes. I personally see loved as "Ranked but shittier in every way", so your map is ok.
However the description of what a loved map is to most people are maps which alot of the community like, say Dead to me by ohad.

This is the problem.
Liiraye
In terms of promoting cool maps, I prefer seeing something interesting like this over standard 7-10 star maps that are nothing but fullscreen jumps without much thought put into them. I doubt I would've seen this map if it wasn't loved. If the rules give room for this to exist then change the rules yourselves or stop whining.
cyprianz5
nice map tbh
ZyRiiu
Ah, how I love this community.
People keep complaining about how every map is the same and as soon as someone makes something new and creative people just start shitting on it for no actual reason.

Yes, the mapper gave 60 stars to their own map, but think about it this way: 60 stars = ~60 mods, so about 60 maps got modded (100 if you count the stars given to this map by other people) in the process of getting this one map loved. That's about a 100 potential ranked maps. Therefore, the mapper also said they spent about a year mapping this, so you should consider the amount of work and effort put into it. This map definitely deserves a leaderboard.

Yeah, the way you can get your maps loved is completely flawed and definitely needs change as soon as possible, even the voting system was better.
Also, to all the people complaining about the playability of this one, just a quick reminder that this is loved:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/234785
AshbeII
played the rules this man smart
Bonsai

Battle wrote:

tbh I think the bigger concern is that the offset sounds off, especially at the start of the map where the 1/2 beats are off from the music lol
Yeah I already told blissfulyoshi about that yesterday, at the start the timing is a whopping 25ms off and the time signature is wrong for more than half of the song too, this would be a more accurate timing, idk if they desire to fix it though, not my business :P

Other than that I am in fact indifferent to Loved maps, so I just want to remind everyone here to move your 'discussion' about what should and shouldn't be in Loved to this thread instead of writing here since it's quite irrelevant for a map following all the rules there are and won't change anything, your efforts are wasted here and completely derailing what a mapthread is for (the map, not the system).
Izzywing
dont hate the player hate the game

EDIT - since somebody thinks my post is irrelevant, the whole point of what I'm saying is that you can't be angry at the mapper in this situation, if you really want to be angry at something be angry at the loved system and its criteria itself. I've seen people hating on blissfulyoshi, which just seems silly to me.

Also fwiw, I actually think this map is pretty cool. Wish we got to see more stuff like this with scoreboards.
Asphyxia
Really pretty sliders 0:
pw384
a lot of hearts!
7ambda

ZyRiiu wrote:

Ah, how I love this community.
People keep complaining about how every map is the same and as soon as someone makes something new and creative people just start shitting on it for no actual reason.
There's a reason for everything. It's not like this map gives a "woah" impression when you look at it.
fieryrage

ZyRiiu wrote:

Also, to all the people complaining about the playability of this one, just a quick reminder that this is loved:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/234785
Just a friendly reminder that that also got completely shit on by every top player in existence because it shouldn't of been loved either (it got loved because 5-6 digits voted for it, though the fact it was even up for voting is stupid imo).

As for the Loved category not "needing" to be playable, bullshit. Where have you seen a map that's completely unplayable as a map but great as an art form? The only example that I'm pretty sure everyone's cited already is Centipede, and (surprise!) that isn't loved because of this exact reason. The fact that you try to justify giving this map a leaderboard by quoting Elie Wiesel and saying essentially "I did this for the attention" (i.e. "the amount of responses I elicited is a great sign of [this map being interesting]" speaks monuments about your intentions of this map. Please don't be another Monstrata and give complete bullshit reasoning for pushing a map to have leaderboards.

It sucks because I actually genuinely like your fast gimmicky sliders, and if this were Maware or something I'd be totally for it going to loved. At least the fast sliders there are playable and don't interfere too much with gameplay (the 1/8s are questionable, though). This cranks whatever Maware did up to 30. This is just trying to make slider art and passing it as playable when it very clearly isn't.

It's also not really surprising that 60 of the stars for this map to be loved came from you and another 20 from a global moderator. A grand total of ten people gave stars to this map to push it to Loved. Yeah, "Loved". Fantastic name for a category that does the exact opposite of what it's meant to be.

okay rant over
show more