forum

4.8kpp - Slow Improvement or none visible

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Florrow
So uh for the past 40 days, so to say, my improvement has hit a wall. I find myself either shitmissing all the way around or my mouse gets outta hand, mouse drift is too high to control. I have been playing regurarly for the past 5 days, about 1-2 hours a day or more if i felt like doing so. Here's a list of things that i tried and also tried sticking with but in the end they resulted in nothing to be honest:

Changing my skin to different ones
Changing cursors, from static to dinamic, from with trail to without, small, large cursors etc
Change my sensitivity slightly or a bit more
Chaning DPI, as from what i've heard lower DPI results in a better control.
Trying to fc a map multiple times
Trying to play random maps only once without retrying
Playing mods such as DT and occasionally HD
Switching up grip styles and hand placement
Cleaning my mousepad
Taking breaks
Not thinking about my performance and just playing the game
Playing multiplayer

So yeah this is what i've tried so far and none worked for me, my improvement is still really really slow.
I know advices are going to be a lot like the common patters "play more" but as you can see i actually tried playing more XD

Thanks in advance ~
ManuelOsuPlayer
Do you try focus more on listening the song and play song what you like? A.K.A. enjoy the game :P
Retry the same map 20 times to the end to "recover" muscle memory and tell me if it works xD
Gl.
markii
Stop changing things trying to get good again, play maps that give you a challenge, instead of trying to fix it so you're good again, get yourself in the headspace of "let's get good again real quick" problem will fade shortly.
dung eater
look at how you play and pick a thing to focus on when you play and try to do it perfectly
Akanagi
Stop changing your DPI / Sensitivity everytime, you will just ruin all your acquired muscle memory everytime. No surprise you won't improve since you always have to get used to new sensitivities and DPI again.

Pick a DPI and Sensitivity that you like / just copy some better players mouse settings and stick with it.
Otherwise you should just keep doing what you're doing. Keep playing harder maps, and focus on improving the things that you think hold you back. (unless it's aim, that just comes over time and is naturally ruined for a while by you changing your DPI everytime)

Changing skins / cursor is literally almost always no difference in gameplay. Whether I use a 0,10x Cursor or 2x Cursor with or without trail doesn't change my muscle memory or reading at all.
7ambda
Changing my skin to different ones Skins are only visual preference.
Changing cursors, from static to dinamic, from with trail to without, small, large cursors etc Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Change my sensitivity slightly or a bit more Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Chaning DPI, as from what i've heard lower DPI results in a better control. Stick to one setting.
Trying to fc a map multiple times bad habit
Trying to play random maps only once without retrying You obviously didn't stick to it.
Playing mods such as DT and occasionally HD keep doing that
Switching up grip styles and hand placement Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Cleaning my mousepad Well apparently it's not the issue if you're still complaining, right?
Taking breaks keep doing that
Not thinking about my performance and just playing the game Obviously you're thinking about that right now since you posted this thread.
Playing multiplayer keep doing that
RokkaAstrea

F1r3tar wrote:

Changing my skin to different ones Skins are only visual preference.
Changing cursors, from static to dinamic, from with trail to without, small, large cursors etc Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Change my sensitivity slightly or a bit more Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Chaning DPI, as from what i've heard lower DPI results in a better control. Stick to one setting.
Trying to fc a map multiple times bad habit
Trying to play random maps only once without retrying You obviously didn't stick to it.
Playing mods such as DT and occasionally HD keep doing that
Switching up grip styles and hand placement Find what you prefer and stick to it.
Cleaning my mousepad Well apparently it's not the issue if you're still complaining, right?
Taking breaks keep doing that
Not thinking about my performance and just playing the game Obviously you're thinking about that right now since you posted this thread.
Playing multiplayer keep doing that
As harsh as this may seem, it's true. Don't play maps that you don't like just to get pp. Farming for pp is going to make you better, but you're not enjoying the maps, are you?
dung eater
changing sens/settings is fine and will not harm or make you forget things you have learned. you never knew how to play with the settings you are changing to so it's totally fine that you are shit with them. changing back takes less time after a while.

you can't make a good choice of settings/sens for yourself if you don't give all the options a chance (days to weeks of trying them out/practice), almost any new thing will feel worse than the one you are used to. you'll get a good feel of what you gain and lose using high/low sens or whatever setting doing this.
Veix
When you arent at your top skill level these drastic changes wont help you improving. I only try to change things up when Im pretty good anyways, at least this works for me. Try to stick with your settings until you can reproduce your topscores and then you can think about improving and changing things up. Its like you have a bad day when training for 100m running and switch your shoelaces.
Sayorie
Take a long break
KupcaH
quit w
mulraf

Florrow wrote:

practically i'm worse than you so i don't think i can give you much help but try to read into dpi and think about it a bit

https://www.howtogeek.com/182702/mouse- ... or-gaming/

i came to the conclusion that you should do high dpi and low sens. high dpi should result in your physical motions getting measured as well as possible. low sensitivity will counter the inherited movement speed you get from the high dpi so that you get some control but still your movements are measured accurately. so just high dpi and decrease sensitivity until you're moving about as fast as you're right now.
at least sounds logical to me after researching it.
Endaris

mulraf wrote:

Florrow wrote:

practically i'm worse than you so i don't think i can give you much help but try to read into dpi and think about it a bit

https://www.howtogeek.com/182702/mouse- ... or-gaming/

i came to the conclusion that you should do high dpi and low sens. high dpi should result in your physical motions getting measured as well as possible. low sensitivity will counter the inherited movement speed you get from the high dpi so that you get some control but still your movements are measured accurately. so just high dpi and decrease sensitivity until you're moving about as fast as you're right now.
at least sounds logical to me after researching it.
Well, effectively this will do nothing as the low sens WILL introduce the rounding that you would get with low DPI (and most likely worse so because you got small inaccuracies from tracking - regardless of high or low bpm - AND on top the rounding inaccuracy).
It should also be noticed that most mice' tracking gets more and more inprecise with higher DPI. On most mice you shouldn't go above 1.6k DPI and the optimum for most is around 800-1000.
Nublin
I think you're at a level where you start to run out of nomod farm maps, i would focus on mods at this point but also just keep trying harder songs for fun
Topic Starter
Florrow

Nublin wrote:

I think you're at a level where you start to run out of nomod farm maps, i would focus on mods at this point but also just keep trying harder songs for fun
i actually thought about this and i kinda find myself in the same situation of playing the same maps over and over, that's why im trying to learn dt ;D

also thanks to everybody that posted above, i've read all of your post
Creyz

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Retry the same map 20 times to the end to "recover" muscle memory and tell me if it works xD
Gl.
This is a horrible advice don't listen to him.
Play more, that is all tbh. Everyone hits a wall at some point
Disillusionz
Play more, idk why some people expect to notice improvement every time they play, it just doesn't work like that.

Creyz wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Gl.

This is a horrible advice don't listen to him.
Play more, that is all tbh. Everyone hits a wall at some point

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Creyz

SirOxorsid wrote:

Trust me he's not being sarcastic have you seen his other advice in the forums? Lol
ManuelOsuPlayer

Creyz wrote:

SirOxorsid wrote:

Trust me he's not being sarcastic have you seen his other advice in the forums? Lol
I'm not. I didn't say 200 times to don't play same maps over and over.
Creyz

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Playing the same map over and over again isn't a good advice. Muscle memory isn't always good it just screws you over and you make the same mistake over and over again. And every map is different so playing 1 beatmap 20 timed isn't gonna help him.
And you manuel I know you want to help but you are never helpful lol
Sayorie
It depends on the person, but most of the time you may experience what I coin as 'map exhaustion', where you keep getting worse and worse after playing a certain song countless times. I don't know if it's a case of 'Jamais vu' in osu!, but it frequently happens on certain individuals (re-iteration: it doesn't happen to all).
ManuelOsuPlayer

Creyz wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Playing the same map over and over again isn't a good advice. Muscle memory isn't always good it just screws you over and you make the same mistake over and over again. And every map is different so playing 1 beatmap 20 timed isn't gonna help him.
And you manuel I know you want to help but you are never helpful lol
I was being sarcastic. But anyways...
Retry it's good.
Sightreading it's good.
Play maps what you already played 4000 times it's good.
Play new maps where you learn new things/skills/technics what you can use on other maps it's really good and the best way to improve everyday. Until map makers keep working on new maps you should be learning new skills needed for that maps.

I don't talk for talk. I talk from my own experience and what i learned playing the game. And i can tell you tons of things what i can remember without think so much on it, because made me change my way to see the game over and over.

What i learned from retry and replay:
-Tons of different ways to read maps until i find the best for me right now, after watching replays from sightreading vs retry plays. Check why i had scores what i couldn't improve and what i did there what I'm not doing retrying the map.

-Use how strong hitsounds sound related to music to know If I'm hitting earlier, late or really close to perfect ms timming only listen how hittsounds fit with music.

-Differences using rhytym sense and only reading.

-Ways to learn faster to read any AR above 9'3. After retry different AR tons of times on same map changing setting every time. And checking consistence from these plays.

-What skins should i use for each song, and what's the better for me to play any song no matter what and why. How some hitsounds are better to stream, others to rhythm maps, and others to keep timming.

-How can i use muscle memory as i wish and play some patterns totally over my current skills. Using muscle memory to tap, aim, or even read/predict to snipping circles what i even can't see and i don't have follow points, using pattern and beat prediction to know exactly where the next circle spawn even without played that map before. (Only working on slow maps where i flow without pressure)

-How to get better scores after replaying using extra focus on patterns where i consistenly miss, sightreading the rest of the map once and once like I'm playing it for the first time focusing on exactly the same what i focus when i sightread.

-Practice new technics learned from play new maps.

-Practice doubles, triples, streams and even single circles close to slidders what are not doubles what i was skipping due to bad reading.

-Get/Find rhythm sense playing osu.

-Find my perfect sensitivity and dpi.

-Find perfect offset.

-How to singletap.

-How to singletap properly.

-Tap streams using only music.

-Get more stamina than what i need for tapping or don't use tons of stamina while tapping. Letting me stream all the time what i want high bpm as long as i can read it and reach that speed. Also without feel any pain, or feel the hand tired. (Need improvment on acc, something what I'm working on using this technics + finger control and what only need more practice and improve overall reading)

-Read better lower AR and the best way to read it. (Working on learn more from this)

-Enjoy the game and be better playing the stuff what i like. Be better playing make me enjoy the game more. And enjoy the game more make me be better playing.

What i learned from play new maps just once without try to learn something new, just playing random maps.

- Move to next circle before i have to click it.

- Get finger control tapping without use any strength or muscle memory for it. This let me play higher bpm singletapping and streaming. Also improve tons my acc streaming or full alternating. This also affects on how i read, doing it the same way singletapping or alternating. (Working on get more consistence on it)

-Recognize beats and predict them listening the beats before and how they should fit on next circles.

-The best way to read any stream. By far.

-Cursor awareness.

-Flow.

-How to get consistence faster.

-How to "write/rewrite" muscle memory in really low time.

-Mentallity to play a new map and learn something from it.

-Find the mods/songs/maps what i love.
KupcaH
no comment
N0thingSpecial
Manual do you need a guide on how to be taken seriously
Sayorie
lurk more and stop being so self-righteous
ManuelOsuPlayer

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Manual do you need a guide on how to be taken seriously
I'm talking seriously, don't know what make you think i'm not. My english it's horrible, I'm learning it for myself, so i can't
expose the things how i will do using spanish. Sorry about that.
I think it's totally undestandable at this point but i may be wrong.

That is how i see the game. What it's not seriously about what i said?
I apply those things on each of my plays. As more i'm learning more i add to my gameplay. What is not seriously about that?

Other thing it's what you don't care nothing about what i'm saying or my point of view/the point of view a worst player than you. What it's totally undestandable. Someone may find this information usefull. As long you play more things you asume things what later you don't even know how you do. So i want to talk about them when i have them fresh and i'm totally aware of them to help other players what could be interested on what i know.
N0thingSpecial
You are talking seriously but you're not being taken seriously lol, even if your point of view might have some user for a very small minority
Fxjlk
I'm in the same boat as you, no pp improvements in a long time.

I think I'm getting better though, I've been keeping track of improvement by beating old scores or FCing songs with hidden.

I could probably get pp if I tried farming but then I would probably hit a wall again so I try to focus on improving skill rather than pp.
Topic Starter
Florrow

M3ATL0V3R wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you, no pp improvements in a long time.

I think I'm getting better though, I've been keeping track of improvement by beating old scores or FCing songs with hidden.

I could probably get pp if I tried farming but then I would probably hit a wall again so I try to focus on improving skill rather than pp.
all good bro
Nattsun
Play AR8. Thank me later.
Topic Starter
Florrow

Cirno9 wrote:

you serious ?
markii

Florrow wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

you serious ?

they don't even have to be hard maps, I've been playing with some friends who got into the game recently, they are like 200k and play 2-3* AR 6-8, and it's made a noticable difference in my game play, and as a rank 1.4k I never would've though 2-3* maps would be any sort of beneficial

also I saw someone said you may be running out of nomod maps to farm, that is simply not true, I farmed nomod until like rank 3k or something
Topic Starter
Florrow
EDIT: still can't see any progress whatsoever. Will keep tracking progress over time (if there will be some xD)
KupcaH
I don't like "tracking" and "watching" progress. I just play and I know, that at one moment I'm gonna feel improvement.
Topic Starter
Florrow
basically since the start of this thread no improvement has been done.
smh
ManuelOsuPlayer

Florrow wrote:

basically since the start of this thread no improvement has been done.
smh
How many time you played since the post? 10 hours? What do you expect?
Try to play better what you're playing instead just play and expect better scores without put energy on it.
Focus on a skill and stick tryharding on improve it no matter what. When you feel you have lack of other skill to keep improving on the current one move on. Reading it's a good place to start.
Topic Starter
Florrow
EDIT: still no improvement nor fcs.
Jesus Christ
Get a tablet
I Give Up
You're simply not pushing yourself hard enough. Like try to get faster bpm, or more stamina, or train consistency on 5min maps to hold combo, etc.
show more