forum

Ni-Sokkususu - Blade Dance

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
lolia

Enon wrote:

it has been 7 days from it got qualified and....
xd

Will be comeback as Black or White 2.0 ww
Left
omg why
Novalian
rip
Syph
that's pretty sad lol
hi-mei

Cellina wrote:

hi-mei wrote:

wrong timing, wrong emphasis, wrong hitsounding, lazy volume control

gratz on quali i guess
what is wrong with you
not with me, but with this map instead
Left
deleted by request of Sonnyc
카리아님 화이팅
hi-mei
well, i did read that, however me and others are still concerned about the entire thing
and since it got attention of qat, i can assume that there is something wrong with this map
Meg
i don't recommend you to use 1/4 sliders together with vocal "hai!"
just overmapped
_handholding
GL Karia, I hope you can get this qualified again!
Stjpa

hi-mei wrote:

well, i did read that, however me and others are still concerned about the entire thing
and since it got attention of qat, i can assume that there is something wrong with this map
Not really. It got dq'd because you guys thought it would be a great idea to wait until it's about to get ranked so they literally had to dq it for discussion.

Funnily enough, all the "issues" pointed out in the dq mods are subjective or don't have a real reasoning, but welp. The only thing that bothers me personally are the visuals but that's it.
Sonnyc
Dear hi-mei, I've been reviewing your mod post and I think you could be taking advantage by the looking at some of the code of conduct for modding and mapping.
CoC
[quote="Code of Conduct: Modding and Mapping":1337]
  1. The goal of modding is to help a mapper improve their work so that it can be pushed towards Ranked status if the mapper chooses to do so. If you're not interested in helping people, steer clear of the discussion to avoid hurting them.
  2. Treat others as you wish to be treated. People are more receptive to kind, helpful suggestions than hostile ones. Try to understand others’ point-of-view rather than attack it - nobody likes to feel worthless, incompetent or stupid. If you are a masochist, assume that all others are not.
  3. Before modding, ensure your intentions are good and you are focused on the task at hand. No-one likes to receive a rude or lazy mod.
  4. Unless the concept behind a beatmap is fundamentally flawed from the start, modding should aim to improve the map in its current design - not force your own style upon it. If you truly believe the map has too many significant issues to address individually, try to give a general statement of why this is the case and what direction you think the map should go in to get back on track.

hi-mei wrote:

basically its just all wrong and weird.
So first of all, "you" may "feel" things to be not right or weird, but that doesn't mean the mapper's opinion is just completely wrong. Everyone has their own opinions, and just calling others to be wrong because it is different with yours didn't really seem to be respecting the mapper's idea. And you know, this way, it's either hard for your opinion to gain respect.

hi-mei wrote:

not to mention that ure basically copied entire pattern 00:09:305 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - here and flipped it horizontally, which isnt contributing to the overall quality.

hi-mei wrote:

00:12:193 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - it is a bad attempt to add a variety in structure, that youre used twice (copy-paste ^ that i mentioned above), I dont see any structure, or any logical object placement there, its just flow and thats it.

hi-mei wrote:

and also its just sad to see that youre copying everything over and over, just zero improvisation.
Seeming from these sentence, it looks like you are considering repeated patterns based on copying objects to be bad. It could be. But from whose perspective were you talking about? Were patterns being copied where they weren't meant to be according to the beatmap's "current design", or was it according to "your personal style" that beatmaps with a lot of variety are high in quality?

hi-mei wrote:

moreover, usually kicksliders are used to cover the mediocre sound on slider end in triplets, but in this sound measure you dont have it.
Continuous from the comment before, this kind of sentence made me feel you were making mods based on your "personal style" in prior to the beatmap's "current design". I'm not really sure what you were meaning when you say the word "usually", but at least it didn't felt to be refering to the usual usage of 1/4 kicksliders in "this" map. The "usual" usage of 1/4 kick sliders in "this" map (talking about the highest diff) was appearing at the HAI sounds of the vocal and the only exception was at 01:03:851 (1,2,3) with a slightly different rhythm composition. Maybe it was your opinion that such concept to be fundamentally flawed from the beginning that made you raise this point out. However without showing that you have truely understood or attempted to understand the intention of the mapper, the points feel less persuasive than you may think.

You'll know just telling the map to be bluntly "wrong" is something highly disrespectful to say to a mapper.

Whether intended or not, the languages you were using felt to be quite offensive towards the mapper which made me confused if you were really attempting to provide a help on this mapset or was just attacking. I think you should be considering about your language selection much more seriously when making future mod posts...... It's the one that even goes before the actual contents of your mod post.

And of course, I'm not implying the contents of the mod itself to be worthless or something so I hope you don't get me wrong.

Besides that, I hope Karia could be investing some time to apply these mods since I see some points that are good enough to be addressed. Maybe I'll be checking this myself once again later on.
hi-mei
it is actually weird to see you here, since you announced your departure to the military

however, if you did read my post, you could noticed that i was doing that not to make a drama, or start a discus or something (you can also see other mods there, also with valid points in them)
i did that just to make sure that my concerns in regards of ranking standards are up to date, and more over, few bns/prominent mappers told me that this map needs a lot of work, and its a shame that you, Sonnyc, bubbled it.
Moreover, you did not even check hitsounding issues, which were obvious enough to check I suppose?

Nonetheless,

Sonnyc wrote:

So first of all, "you" may "feel" things to be not right or weird, but that doesn't mean the mapper's opinion is just completely wrong. Everyone has their own opinions, and just calling others to be wrong because it is different with yours didn't really seem to be respecting the mapper's idea. And you know, this way, it's either hard for your opinion to gain respect.
Yes, every mod is a subjective thing, and each time you mod, you express you own vision on stuff, which can be flawed/influenced by someone.

at the end of the day, thats how modding works I assume.

also, by making that response to my mod, you already confirmed that Karia isnt just a random mapper to you, but a friend at least, which explains your indulgence to this map.

Corruption?
Shiirn
He's just telling you to be less of an arrogant piece of shit who thinks he knows a hell of a lot more than he actually does.

It's nice that you care about this game enough to get so heated over it, but seriously. Fucking chill.
Illyasviel
This drama again? Soon a GMT will be here I bet. Is not that hard to behave and be polite when voicing your opinions.
Arrival
Bearizm
OMG CUTE KITTY
Surono
i love osu ppl, theyre cute. but im not

IdontUnderstandItBcusJustWithAlphabetWordsThatIknow
Left
Let's calm down.
Anyway it DQed, mapper can fix what he want and keep what he don't want and go for reQF.

If map really needs rework, then prominent mappers and BNs that you reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally like will appear and say sth.
I wanna say sth about this QAT, buy anyway yea why we're delaying this cool map with useless dramas?

only himei look at this
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6051199 personally about this stuff, wanna say 'don't lose discussion's point'. we're talking about this map's quality itself right? then you shouldn't complain about sonnyc's military, friend each other, didn't checked HS blabla....your attitude looks quite dirty.
Ashton

Arrival wrote:

ooooo kawaii neko-desu
Cellina
calm down guys
and shiirn, you really should know how to pay respect to someone rather than swearing
Shiirn
Profanity is a highly effective tool at enhancing the intent of language and showing personality, as well as a means of providing a more "down-to-earth" image, to show that you're just as much a human being as the target.

Profanity has its place. A blanket refusal to accept its existence is pathetic.

Sylphi
Be nice, guys.

There is no necessity to offend others, to talk about someone's personal circumstances. Modding is for discussing what needs to make a map much better with mapper, is not for fighting other modders. even if you do it continuously, nothing will solve and nothing will be better.

Let's calm down and await mapper's response.
Sonnyc
Okay himei, now I see your intentions much clearly. Actually, it is something good to leave feedbacks on things that you believe that could be further improved, because it's solely the community's responsibility to assure beatmap quality! ;) I never intend to discourage you from taking this kind of actions. Just I wanted to advice that you could be more friendly when selecting your words because everyone who appreciates your mod post do have feelings afterall :3 Hope my intention was delivered properly.

Regaridng the actual map, I'll be mentioning stuffs that I agree with the mods that fixing would benefit a lot.
SPOILER
Black and White.
  1. Seveal player based feedbacks are demanding to change the hitsound settings. While it is not technically problematic because we define hs usages based on default settings, a lot of players actually turn off the custom hitsound settings and use one from their own. As the map is now dq'ed, you can take advantage of this opportunity for all playerbase to enjoy this beatmap as intended!
  2. 00:00:963 (5,6) - 00:03:530 (5,6) - 00:01:926 (3,4) - The pattern choice were pretty similar itself, but the flow choice quite differed. The first two were similar, and the final one differed. And considering the rhythm organization you've done here, giving a similar flow on 1st & 3rd looks to work better. ctrl+G of 00:01:284 (6) would assure consistency and giving a proper difference based on your rhythms.
  3. 00:09:947 (1) - It's really a good point that this strong beat of the song had the weakest emphasis in this set of pattern and was having the same expression with 00:07:380 (1,2) while the song being different.
  4. 00:15:402 (1,2,1,2) - Looks like a lot of modders were complaining about the rhythmic transition towards here. Looks like there were major spacing difference as I can see, so it may work as it is. But I'd like to talk this regarding to 00:10:268 (1,2,1,2). Flows, aesthetic concept, rhythmic concept etc were all the similar with the only difference of the spacing. This felt as a variation between similar patterns, instead of different patterns reflecting the different part of the song. You'll want to give a concept difference to make your intentions work even better.
  5. 00:20:215 (1,2,3) - vs. 00:30:482 (1,2,3) - The pattern construction way too differed, while the song was being similar enough. You'll want to assure some consistency between this since a back'n forth pattern that ends with a 1/1 interval wasn't really common stuff in this map. Rather making both a zigzag with no overlaps, or a back and forth would work better.
  6. 00:25:027 (1) - This was the only 1/4 slider with a red anchor and was really inconsistent.. Shame on myself on missing this.
  7. 00:42:354 (6,7) - vs. 00:43:637 (1,2) - Refering from your response, it seems it was pretty intentional for these to be different while you were aware of the similarity of the song. However since (1,2) are just regular jumps, they didn't really stand out to deliver your intentions properly imo. Also this setting made the stack of (6,7) pretty abrupt.
  8. 00:45:081 (3) - So unlike the previous consecutive jumps which was supported by the drums inside the music, that instrument disappeared here so you'll want to make the spacings in a different way to reflect that change.
  9. Regarding the HAI HAI 1/4 kick concepted patterns, hope you can be giving more consistency when music difference wasn't so major based on the community feedbacks. Some were parallel, some were rotating, some were switching flows, and it looks like people were feeling the existence of "why" behind each decisions.
Thanks for the feedback everyone to make a better place in osu!. I've also got a better understanding about this map. (hopefully)
scanter
we're just got some hitsounds problem, but why are we so sensitive? the mapset is really cool
Sakurauchi Riko
btw @himei, offending the map creator in an obvious way and then telling that the mapper shouldnt be offended of your mod afterwards doesnt work. you already did that to me and im not even surprised to see you here doing the same.

SPOILER
i love the map, hope you can make your way to re-qualify. i like the way you mapped highest diff
Topic Starter
lolia
holy, what happened here x.x
zev

Shiirn wrote:

Profanity is a highly effective tool at enhancing the intent of language and showing personality, as well as a means of providing a more "down-to-earth" image, to show that you're just as much a human being as the target.

Profanity has its place. A blanket refusal to accept its existence is pathetic.

pls no

o???
hi-mei

Sonnyc wrote:

Just I wanted to advice that you could be more friendly when selecting your words because everyone who appreciates your mod post do have feelings afterall :3
friendly
So should people be friendly enough to you to get a yolo bubble?

Do you actually use your brain and think about what it entails after things like that happens?
By qualifying a raw map only because its ur friend and osu is a friendly place youre:
1. making people sure that icons from bns isnt a sign of its quality, but a sign of "friendship" between mapper and bn
2. spewing disrespect to people who actually work on their maps to get them ranked, rather than work on their connections to make map ranked
3. making an example for new mappers, which can basically absorb the fact that map could be "okay" but not "good" or w/e to be ranked, so at the end it also affects the overall bar of the ranking quality as well
4. disappointed people like me who believed that youre a lot more acknowledged in mapping than you actually are

and by the way, Karia still should respond to this:
p/6048512
p/6048513
p/6049029

ps:
ranking isnt a friendly thing, friendship ends where you get your map qualified, its like an exam - you either pass it or youre out.
making friends in "jury" is a cool thing yea, but please, this ranking system is already rotten as hell, can you be a bit more restrictive to stuff youre doing? it affects so many people, you should consider that.
thanks.
Ashton
Do you think a BN would bubble a map just because their friends with the mapper? No.

Do you think a BN would help a friend get a ranked map over a random person wanting help? Yes.

I don't think the only thing the BN was thinking about when bubbling this map is "this is my friends map therefor I am obligated to bubble it regardless of it's quality".

also stop trying to criticise SonnyC for putting a "yolo" bubble, at the time S/he believed the map was ready so he set a bubble, now he see's your intentions so leave it at that.

I thought you weren't a meme anymore

For the map: I really like it! Good job owo
Arrival
Ashton

Arrival wrote:

crap another kawaii neko desu
Doyak
Do not post unrelated things, please. Focus on the map. If you have nothing to say about the map, just don't post anything here.
Ashton
But kawaii nekos :(

OK I understand Doyak.
Topic Starter
lolia
DON'T POST ANYMORE.
Here isn't for your quarrel.

@hi-mei : First, sorry to late about direct reply. I don't know you saw my post but I say it again. I'm remapping the highest diff now. Including HighTec's post, lots of issues were pointed out. There were some issues which I also agree. I also had my personal assessment about diffs, so I decided to do remap rather than to fix partially. I don't know what other people's think is, but I think remapping is more efficient. So about conclusion, I can't respond about your modding post, sorry. One more thing, I don't want to discuss about previous diffs from now on. So I hope you would not post about that anymore. Thanks.

@Sonnyc : 우선, 제가 접속을 못했던 사이에 여러 답글을 달아주신거에 대해 감사합니다. 몇몇 포스트에서 제가 동의하는 부분도 있었고 맵셋을 찍은지 9달이 지난 지금, 제가 맵을 보면서 이것저것 고치고 싶다는 부분도 생겨서 리매핑하자고 마음먹고 하고 있습니다. 도와주신거에 대해선 감사하고, 결과적으로 그런 의견들을 다 무시하고 리매핑을 하고있는 지금 상황에 대해서는 죄송하다는 말을 전하고 싶네요.

The old version is dead. Sorry for trouble caused by me.
And I hope there's no post about conflict from now on. If you want more discussion, just use PM. Thanks.
_handholding
misclick post sorry
Illyasviel
00:51:017 (1,2,1,2) - This pattern doesn't play good and it's actually pretty bad. Your old jumps were a better fit. It's the end of the first part of the kiai, so why is it so shallow and lacks punch? You do the same thing here 00:56:150 (1,2,1,2) - . Is just not fun to play and I'm sure you could do a nice pattern using only circles like this.

01:04:493 (3) - Ending that slider here 01:04:813 - and adding a circle there to follow up the clear vocals would make a better fit, because while you are clearly following the drums, the vocals are equally as strong in that part and could perfectly be represented as circles. The same concept would apply here 01:06:097 - and here 01:06:257 - , just add circles.

01:17:648 (2,3,4,5) - this pattern here is really disappointing because it's supposed to represent another intense part of the song yet it feels very bland. Deleting this slider 01:17:648 (2) - and making a 4 circle pattern with 01:17:969 (3,4) - would represent the intensity a lot better. Same thing happens with this slider 01:19:894 (1) - , while you are indeed starting a NC, the next slider 01:20:215 (2) - which follows the "hai" vocal makes the pattern 01:19:894 (1,2) - feel lackluster in intensity.

Finally, I'd like to say that while your old version had some issues with spacing (you fixed the buildup for the kiai in the current version) and you had sliders with your jumps that some people found them questionable (I found them pretty fun), it felt a lot more unique than what you have now. This feel very generic, and if I'm allowed to be frank, it's pretty boring. Your old map had more of your signature "it's Karia's mapping", this feels more like "I'll obey every single mod so everyone is happy". Might as well use OD 9 since this map isn't any challenge to get good accuracy.
Ozato Fumika
Such a disappointing community still. Toxic people still believing their thoughts are fact rather than opinion,
and not knowing how to respect other's mapping style.

No matter how much you polish a map, it will never be perfect because people just come up with unimportant essay mods.

Good thing I quit w because quit w is the best way to quit

1/4 슬라 악용이 심하네요 근대 좀
Ashton

Momoka wrote:

Good thing I quit w because quit w is the best way to quit
w
Dailycare
[Black or White]
*00:35:616 (1,2,1,2) - 뒤의 기합소리보다 보컬 음을 따라가서 점프 흐름에 약간의 변화를 주는 편이 나았다고 생각되요. 00:15:081 (1,2,1,2) - 처럼.
*00:41:070 (5) - 이건 앞의 00:38:503 (5) - 와 다르게 슬라이더대신 서클을 00:41:391 (1) - 에 스택시켜서 강조를 하는 것도 좋을 것 같아요.
*01:11:231 (3) - 음이 01:11:551 (1) - 나 01:11:872 (1) - 와 비슷해보이는데, 클랩 대신 휘슬과 피니시를 넣는게 어떨까요? 아님 클랩 휘슬도 괜찮을 것 같아요.

형식적인 모딩이라도 다시 랭크되는데에 도움이 됐으면 좋겠습니다.
Frostings
... Why was the old top diff deleted?
Reason being overmapped is a load of bs
show more