forum

GUI Note Transform

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Daru
Randy96
inb4 annoying spinner style note placement

support I guess
Derekku
I doubt that peppy/greg will add anything more complex than these, but in case you don't know about either of them...

Topic Starter
Daru

Derekku wrote:

I doubt that peppy/greg will add anything more complex than these, but in case you don't know about either of them...
I meant something akin to the way objects are manipulated in Photoshop.
Maybe I'm just a bit biased because I'm so used to Photoshop, but I find that rotation and scaling using an anchor point and dragging edges is more intuitive than using the dialog already in place.
EvianBubble
This would be easier for me :)

+1 support
peppy
Of course this is the best approach, but not sure if it is worth the time-sink based on how often the features are used. Let's see how things go (I'd rather see this in SBE first tbqh).
mekadon_old
+Support because it's GUI transformations.
Derekku

Daru wrote:

Derekku wrote:

I meant something akin to the way objects are manipulated in Photoshop.
Maybe I'm just a bit biased because I'm so used to Photoshop, but I find that rotation and scaling using an anchor point and dragging edges is more intuitive than using the dialog already in place.
I knew exactly what you meant, and peppy pretty much summed up the answer. ;P
mm201
Support for SBE I guess, but yeah I agree that it's not especially worth the burden of implementation.
Kitsunemimi
:< But I liiiike this ideaaaa...
Jinxy
Looks cool, but not really worth adding into osu. I use the Rotate By just fine. In fact, I need accurate numbers I can get from there for perfect patterns that aren't squares.
Zekira
I really love your hitcircles.
Verdisphena

Zekira wrote:

I really love your hitcircles.
Support
mekadon_old

JInxyjem wrote:

Looks cool, but not really worth adding into osu. I use the Rotate By just fine. In fact, I need accurate numbers for perfect patterns that aren't squares.
Calculating angles might be quite hard for some mappers, but this feature will be easier for people who want to rotate without exact degrees.
peppy
You do get a preview while adjusting he rotation in the current dialog, so there's no excuse for not being able to calculate it ;).
Lilac
I would also support for SBE.
FireballFlame
Support! This would be great. For hitobjects too.
Especially if you could move the center of rotation operations by freely dragging the point in the middle of the box around.

That way you'd have both of the current options (selection center by default, playfield center by dragging the point there with grid snap) as well as the option to rotate around, for example, any of your hitobjects. That's something I need quite often when mapping :)