forum

HR route vs DT route

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlLL
I see on this forum that a lot of people say that after mastering no-mod, one should start playing DT first before HR. Is there a reason behind this other than the fact that DT gives you easier PP?
KupcaH
Who said that?
Topic Starter
BlLL
This thread gave me the impression that DT should be prioritized over HR after no-mod.

t/595500
Zain Sugieres
HR will set AR to 10 as long as the base AR of the map is 7.5 or sth while DT changes AR 8.5 to 10 and higher to >10 only so it won't have that much of an effect on your reading as HR on lower level of play. However if you find HR fun play it just don't overuse it to the point you can't read nomod anymore.
Yukitemi
HR harder to learn than DT due high and spiky change in AR( and also small notes), while DT makes it's AR change smoother.
So yeah, basicaly learn DT first then HR. It's not because of easy pipi(actually, I pretyy sure it's the actual reason for some ppl)
1Alone
It's because of the high od and cs, DT generally only affects bpm and the AR, while with HR it changes the whole song elements completely (higher OD, AR, CS and HP + the song pattern is changed a bit/upside down). Playing HR directly is hard because of the high OD and HP drain, causing you to fail a lot faster compared to DT ones (unless you mastered high OD before) and higher cs requires you to have more accuracy over your aim compared to the normal cs4 mapping style. Smaller circle (cs5) also cause the apporach circle to travel longer than bigger ones (cs4), making them look faster compared to cs4. People use DT to get used to AR10 first (AR8 + DT), then they move on to HR mod, I personally think that playing DT is better to learn AR10 compared to playing HR, as HR completely changes the song elements (Tho singletapping speed might be a problem when entering DT)
ManuelOsuPlayer

Yukitemi wrote:

HR harder to learn than DT due high and spiky change in AR( and also small notes), while DT makes it's AR change smoother.
So yeah, basicaly learn DT first then HR. It's not because of easy pipi(actually, I pretyy sure it's the actual reason for some ppl)
For me DT it's hardest than HR. I can't find logical rythm playing DT. I can play it anyways If i turn music to 0 and play the map a couple times, but it's no sense do that. Maybe it's just a personal preference based on what it's easier to you, and what you like.
Yoppi
I also think its just a matter of preference or map you're playing. At lower levels, it seems as if more players gravitate towards DT because adjusting to a sped up beatmap may be easier than having to deal with altered CS, OD, and AR.

Every single map I practice eventually gets the HR mod, just because my accuracy (as in cursor precision) is much better than my speed. Ironically, my timing is not as perfect, but hopefully that's something that will improve over time.
Tae

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

For me DT it's hardest than HR. I can't find logical rythm playing DT. I can play it anyways If i turn music to 0 and play the map a couple times, but it's no sense do that. Maybe it's just a personal preference based on what it's easier to you, and what you like.
I don't see how you can't find a logical rhythm when playing DT when it's just the same rhythm but faster. That's literally as logical as it can get. HR just makes everything harder, so surely wouldn't this be the illogical route...?

Anyway, whether you go with DT/HR is entirely up to you, although HR does come with high OD in a lot of maps, so will take more getting used to.
Sayorie
HD route
N0thingSpecial
Anything lower than ~220BPM after DT is is basically no mod as those BPM appear more often in no mod, so that's where the concept that DT before HR comes from, in that context DT is like a bad stepping stone for HR.

The real DT route is playing anything that's above that BPM
tokaku
HR HR GOOD GOOD GOOD
Jukkii
If were talking in the very long run, DT could be better, as the same maps with DT are harder than they are with HR (exceptions may apply, like CS9.1 maps). DT is also way closer to the "endgame" ("real endgame" is DTHR, but thats a very specialized skill).
chainpullz

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Anything lower than ~220BPM after DT is is basically no mod as those BPM appear more often in no mod, so that's where the concept that DT before HR comes from, in that context DT is like a bad stepping stone for HR.

The real DT route is playing anything that's above that BPM
Not "real DT"
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/758298 :? :? :? :? :?
N0thingSpecial
Do I have to put an asterisk on everything I type and say "with some exceptions" like bruh some no mod maps play like DT maps hurr durr routing
Zain Sugieres

1Alone wrote:

It's because of the high od and cs, DT generally only affects bpm and the AR, while with HR it changes the whole song elements completely (higher OD, AR, CS and HP + the song pattern is changed a bit/upside down). Playing HR directly is hard because of the high OD and HP drain, causing you to fail a lot faster compared to DT ones (unless you mastered high OD before) and higher cs requires you to have more accuracy over your aim compared to the normal cs4 mapping style. Smaller circle (cs5) also cause the apporach circle to travel longer than bigger ones (cs4), making them look faster compared to cs4. People use DT to get used to AR10 first (AR8 + DT), then they move on to HR mod, I personally think that playing DT is better to learn AR10 compared to playing HR, as HR completely changes the song elements (Tho singletapping speed might be a problem when entering DT)
DT also changes OD bc of the weird DT calculation thing or w/e
_Meep_
take the hd route :)
Caradine
hd get out
Buster
Where is HD route D:
Sayorie

Lolinator2000 wrote:

Where is HD route D:
You can't see it, it's hidden. It's harder to see even with a flashlight.
1Alone

Zain Sugieres wrote:

DT also changes OD bc of the weird DT calculation thing or w/e
Oh yeah I forgot, but the increase isn't really high as compared to HR. So lesser OD, lesser 100's, lesser HP drain :D
Nattsun
Never abandon nomod and learn both :^)
Caradine

Cirno9 wrote:

you said this and you have 0 hd scores in your top ranks, you are the best
KupcaH

Caradine wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

you said this and you have 0 hd scores in your top ranks, you are the best
He's dirty nomod farmer. :^)
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

Yeah, I like filthy nomod pp. Sometimes I disgust myself :c

@Caradine I don't play HD and in all honesty I don't want to learn HD anytime soon.

NINJAEDIT: I was referring to HR and DT when I said "learn both".
Caradine

Cirno9 wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Yeah, I like filthy nomod pp. Sometimes I disgust myself :c

@Caradine I don't play HD and in all honesty I don't want to learn HD anytime soon.
very good :D HD is for cucks mwahaha.
I Give Up
Go with HR first if you are good at slow bpm. Go with DT first if you are good at fast bpm. Don't over-think it.
KupcaH

Cirno9 wrote:

Doesn't matter. Still:
you said this and you have 0 scores with mods in your top ranks, you are the best
Keppo
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

Doesn't matter. Still:
you said this and you have 0 scores with mods in your top ranks, you are the best
Keppo
It's too early for me in my opinion and I enjoy nomod most. Btw is it wrong to play maps how they are supposed to be? :^)

PS: If you are trying to mess with me find a reason first, retard.
KupcaH

Cirno9 wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

Doesn't matter. Still:
Keppo
It's too early for me in my opinion and I enjoy nomod most. Btw is it wrong to play maps how they are supposed to be? :^)

PS: If you are trying to mess with me find a reason first, retard.
Just joking, nothing serious.
And you called me a retard.
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

Just joking, nothing serious.
And you called me a retard.
We are in the G&R forum lol... Do I have to go any further? :^)

Sorry.
show more