Any tips for a 3 key player?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SawySavvy
So i play with mouse.
I use mouse 1 for single tapping.
z+x for streams.

I can single tap up to around 220 bpm atm but i dunno.
Feels like i have so much to improve.

Anyone got some general tips for a player like myself?
Perhaps not spot on tips for 3 key mode but in general how to start pushing songs above the 200pp point :)

?
1Alone

SawySavvy wrote:

So i play with mouse.
z+x for streams.

Perhaps not spot on tips for 3 key mode but in general how to start pushing songs above the 200pp point :)

?
I played just like you but 2 weeks ago I switched to fully alternating on the keyboard instead of singletaps on mouse because I could never hit cross screen jumps while singletapping on mouse, the additional force you applied to the mouse during clicking can make your mouse jerk a bit (at least for me)
IMO based from my play exp before with it is that to control the force you use to click on the mouse, as using too much force can strain your aiming hand and could cause you to lose control. And try finding a main tapping finger on your keyboard, so if you aimed for a beat but end up not clicking it because of the strains on your right hand you could cover it up using your tapping finger on your left hand
Topic Starter
SawySavvy
I do feel that one of my major problems is that...I can tell that i can make the jumps, and i do. But randomly i just keep missing ''easy things'' while landing the harder parts.
ManuelOsuPlayer

SawySavvy wrote:

So i play with mouse.
z+x for streams.

?
Try to do doubles using keyboard instead mouse. It will leave you a lot more consistence singletapping with mouse. Gl ;)
-Makishima S-
Well, you are at my point where the only thing left is improving and polishing all skills.
Search: star>5 length>180
Press F2
Play

Take it easy, at one point it will crack down wall what holds you down and you (we?) will progress.
Or just pray to Luna, she knows a magic tricks ^^.
1Alone

SawySavvy wrote:

I do feel that one of my major problems is that...I can tell that i can make the jumps, and i do. But randomly i just keep missing ''easy things'' while landing the harder parts.
Lul I know that feel bruh, that's exactly the reason why I quit singletapping with mouse, it makes shitmiss chances a lot higher as it put pressure on your aiming arm. But there are some players who still stays with that playstyle tho, like Ekoro for eg. (but yet his plays are usually ez mode fc's so I don't really know :kappa:)
Stanvord
And then there are the people that use m1 and k2 or something like that.
Like this kid~https://osu.ppy.sh/u/19048
repr1se

SawySavvy wrote:

So i play with mouse.
z+x for streams.

?
Only real advice I can give is to practice. I'm curious though: why 3 keys?
Caradine
probably cuz hard to move the mouse during streams if you're streaming with mouse buttons :(
1Alone

Caradine wrote:

probably cuz hard to move the mouse during streams if you're streaming with mouse buttons :(

SawySavvy wrote:

z+x for streams.
:thinking:
Topic Starter
SawySavvy

repr1se wrote:

Only real advice I can give is to practice. I'm curious though: why 3 keys?

Mm, any good tips for nice practise songs then :) ?

And 3 keys...Well
I first picked up the game to improve my mouse accuracy for games that use m1 for interact.
So moving fast and hitting while using m1 was the main idea.
Then i got hooked like most people and now addicted to Osu.
M1 alone would not cut it for streams so i was forced to add ''more buttons'' and i hated using m2.
Figured why not spam with z+x.

Made sense to me at the time and a year later here i am.
Piano player irl so i guess that why it came natural?
repr1se

SawySavvy wrote:

Mm, any good tips for nice practise songs then :) ?

And 3 keys...Well
I first picked up the game to improve my mouse accuracy for games that use m1 for interact.
So moving fast and hitting while using m1 was the main idea.
Then i got hooked like most people and now addicted to Osu.
M1 alone would not cut it for streams so i was forced to add ''more buttons'' and i hated using m2.
Figured why not spam with z+x.

Made sense to me at the time and a year later here i am.
Piano player irl so i guess that why it came natural?
Fair enough. You can get Osu!Supporter, it's 4 USD for 1 month and you can download maps from there. Looking at your top plays, 5*-5.5* should be good practice, which is well within the difficulty range of most mapsets.
kai99

kai99 wrote:

I'm not sure what you exactly mean, but maybe you should check Ekoro. He has a unique playstyle with both mouse and keyboard and I think it's similar to what you're describing.

Caradine

1Alone wrote:

Caradine wrote:

SawySavvy wrote:

z+x for streams.
:thinking:
But what, that's what I meant.. Hard to [...] if you're using mouse buttons, therefore not using mouse buttons to avoid it.
Nattsun
It helps to not retry like crazy and play some easier stuff. Try to play for "skill". Improve the things you are bad at, one tiny little thing can be the reason why you are stuck, even though you improved at every other aspect of the game.