forum

Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Viitor
I'm getting a tablet soon, I'm a touchscreen and mouse player. From what I heard moving from mouse to tablet is like learning how to play the game all over again, is this true? I'm purchasing a Huion 420 OSU Tablet 4 x 2.23 Inches, does anybody else have this tablet? Tell me if it's worth it or not so I know if I should buy it. :)
Nattsun
It is worth it if you can afford it and want to play with tablet in the future :^)

No, you don't learn the game from the scratch, but it takes time to find a comfortable area.

It might take a few hours to get used to it, but I'm blessed so the time it takes can vary from player to player.
_Asymmetry_
It's a good tablet, it should be good f or starting out with tablet because its not too expensive, but learning to play tablet takes some time, but depending on how fast you adjust or how often you play,or if you decide to drag or hover, it wont take long. for me it took a little less than a week, and i played pretty often. i would play and fc 4 star songs then, and had to play some high 3 star songs to get used to it, but that was just me. I was hovering like most people do, which is harder to get used to because your hand will be shaky like mad and thats why you have to play easier songs to get used to it. And another thing is that the tablet area you choose will be synched up with your screen, so there will be no drift with your pen and if you pick up your pen from the tablet and put it on a different spot, then your cursor will automatically jump to that spot on screen. So yeah overall i would say get the huion and give it a try, some people like it and some don't, all preference :)
Disillusionz
There is a learning curve but from what I've heard most people who have played on mouse for a while manage to get their tablet skills *almost* up to par with their mouse skills after a few weeks (can be much faster depending on how often you play).

Also you may want to consider the XP Pen G430. The Huion is a good tablet but you might not like the fact that the pen requires a battery, therefore making it heavier. The XP Pen (as well as the higher end tablets I believe) doesn't need any batteries.
Luqanted
ur tapping skills will remain the same. it'll only just take for like 2 or 3 weeks. or even 1 week if ur really good at developing fast. i got used to my tablet for only 2 weeks after playing 3 or 4 hours each day. but i really recommend you to play all of your entire beatmaps to get used to it that's what i did to get used to my tablet i even downloaded additional jumping maps to practice or aiming maps
Topic Starter
Viitor

SirOxorsid wrote:

There is a learning curve but from what I've heard most people who have played on mouse for a while manage to get their tablet skills *almost* up to par with their mouse skills after a few weeks (can be much faster depending on how often you play).

Also you may want to consider the XP Pen G430. The Huion is a good tablet but you might not like the fact that the pen requires a battery, therefore making it heavier. The XP Pen (as well as the higher end tablets I believe) doesn't need any batteries.
I might get the XP pen, this is the first time I've heard that a Huion pen takes a battery. The tablet is supposed to come today, so I'll be able to practice a bit today. But the thing is I don't rarely play mouse. I've been a touchscreen player ever since I downloaded osu!, so I guess it will be strange working with the pen. I play ctb alot, so I might be okay at tapping.
Sandy Hoey
Ctb tapping is nothing like standard as far as I can tell. If you are just getting into standard then you will have to learn everything (tapping, reading, aim). Probably a good thing you start with a tablet instead of starting mouse and switching later
Topic Starter
Viitor
I have a terrible issue, it lags really really bad when I use my tablet. It did this when I used mouse. It told me to update my drivers and I did, nothing changed. I hope I don't have to uninstall and reinstall osu!. I'd hate to loose all my beatmaps and rankings. :o
Sandy Hoey
Don't reinstall osu. There is nothing to be gained from it. I don't know how to fix your issue, probably another driver, but this is just about reinstalling osu!
Xirmith
What are the specs for your pc?
Topic Starter
Viitor
Sorry but do you mind telling me what specs are and how I can find out my pcs specs?
Disillusionz
Hit the windows button, search for "This PC", click on it and right click anywhere in the window and hit properties. The stuff under "System" is your specs.

Also are you using f.lux? (If you aren't sure, then the answer is no). It's known to cause some lagging.

Also I found this:
"1. Uninstall drivers.
2. Un-plug Tablet
3. Install drivers
4. Restart your computer
5. Plug-in Tablet"

If you got the 420 you should also try using new batteries.