Total Posts
show more
Rurree
macron kits are pretty nice

kai99
no maCARONS not maCRONS
Mahogany
B1rd
I was just at a private conservation ground that gets about 1.6 million dollars of income from private donors from this state alone. Sort of deflates the argument that it's impossible to protect the environment without the government.
Comfy Slippers

Madvillain wrote:

macron kits are pretty nice

As long as its not puma lul
DaddyCoolVipper

B1rd wrote:

I was just at a private conservation ground that gets about 1.6 million dollars of income from private donors from this state alone. Sort of deflates the argument that it's impossible to protect the environment without the government.
my uncle joe saw anti-overfishing regulations get set in place by law one time so that sort of deflates your argument that you can privately protect the environment (which largely takes place on gov't-owned land)
B1rd

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

my uncle joe saw anti-overfishing regulations get set in place by law one time so that sort of deflates your argument that you can privately protect the environment (which largely takes place on gov't-owned land)
Wow did the government really set rules about what you can do on its land? Obviously if that land were privately owned the owners would let anyone come and fish until there was nothing left, because people don't care about their property or its value (only the government does).
DaddyCoolVipper
wait, do you not believe that public property should exist? I'd rather not have to pay a tollbooth for every 100m I walk on the street my dude
B1rd
I beleive that generally individuals use their property better and more efficiently than the government does.

You probably don't like waiting two hours in congested traffick either, but due to the economic calculation problem, it's impossible for central planners to allocate resources as efficiently as in a market pricing system, thus the supply of road infastrsucture doesn't meet up with demand. Paying for tolls isn't much of a problem in our current day, it can be done electronically, by a specific licence, payed by the property owners etc.

In other news, our "Liberal" party has finally dropped any pretense of austerity and launched a massive spending and taxing campaign, but it's OK because it's "good debt".
Mahogany
Efficiency generally doesn't mean good for anyone but the owner, lmfao
kai99
embrace

sagiri
DaddyCoolVipper
I just think you put far too much faith in private ownership to be SIGNIFICANTLY better than government ownership. In some ways it can be better, in some ways worse, most people understand and agree with that concept. Where do you get the idea that privatised ownership of resources would be so *significantly* better?

Would you also support a privately-owned and paid for police force? Fire department? Other community services like those?
Mahogany

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Would you also support a privately-owned and paid for police force? Fire department? Other community services like those?
B1rd has said in the past that he would absolutely support having everything, including Police and Fire Departments, being privately owned.
Endaris
How can we improve capitalism without exposing ourselves as filthy leftists?
DeletedUser_6709840
I'm procrastinating the act of procrastinating
-SayaKai

Endaris wrote:

cuz fuck leftists
Meah

kai99 wrote:

embrace

sagiri
dNextGen

Endaris wrote:

you cant
Mahogany
just be leftist tho
B1rd

Endaris wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

I just think you put far too much faith in private ownership to be SIGNIFICANTLY better than government ownership. In some ways it can be better, in some ways worse, most people understand and agree with that concept. Where do you get the idea that privatised ownership of resources would be so *significantly* better?

Argumentum ad populum.

The police force is one of the things that could most benefit from privitisation. Private security and police are generally cheaper, more effective, and less prone to police brutality. This is because they are subject to competition, thus companies are strongly incentivies to provide the best product so they get the contracts, and employees are strongly incentivised to provide quality labour so they get promoted and don't get fired. This is in contrast to public police which are pretty much guarenteed income no matter how poor or ineffectual at driving down crime they are, and police officers can get away with anything short of bloody murder with the only consequnce being a short time on payed leave or a switch to an anministrative role.
dNextGen

Mahogany wrote:

just be leftist tho
that's like the most cancerous thing after the cancer itself

why would you become one
Comfy Slippers
right is right
kai99
right is literally right
Mahogany
right is cancer
Railey2
some entities definitely shouldn't be run to turn a profit, such as a prison system.

Prison is a place where money should be invested for resocialization programs, pertaining to education and trades.

Does a private company have an interest in providing opportunities to prisoners to kickstart a better life for them? Clearly they don't, because its not as profitable as say.. to just make a deal with a company from the outside and let people work for below min wage in prison - without any focus on improving their situation.

But is that really to the best of society?
Razzy

Mahogany wrote:

right is cancer
and the three above you are also cancer
Mahogany

Railey2 wrote:

Clearly they don't, because its not as profitable as say.. to just make a deal with a company from the outside and let people work for below min wage in prison - without any focus on improving their situation.
Nevermind the fact that actually reforming these prisoners would actively damage their income. It's in their best interest to have as many prisoners as possible, so you bet they're going to do all they can to keep prisoners from reintegration into society, and try all they can to keep them locked up as long as possible.
Comfy Slippers
Ra
Ra
Rasputin
DaddyCoolVipper
DaddyCoolVipper

B1rd wrote:

Argumentum ad populum.
Only you would link this in response to "Most people can see that there are pros and cons" lol

also, Mahogany's point is interesting, considering that prisoner slavery is legal in the US, which has a notoriously awful prison system/high re-offender rates. Prisons in some European companies are "luxurious", and guess what, they end up reforming people a lot better.

But those just wouldn't be profitable, now, would they? Sure, they benefit society overall, but there's no way a private prison would shell out all that money to improve people's well-being if they didn't have to. This is the core reasoning behind "Private doesn't necessarily mean good"- profitability isn't necessarily maximum benefit for society overall, far from it, and generally leads to massive inequality until things escalate to the point where the rich are overthrown in revolution.

Same applies for when states misuse their power in general. Privatization offers no more protection from this. "Competition exists therefore the system will become perfect in order to survive" isn't a valid argument when competition can't necessarily exist for everything.

A private police force would be fucking retarded for a few reasons, namely the fact that you could just pay them as much as they wanted and get off of any crime scot-free. Especially true for large businesses that commit crimes on massive scale. They already do to some extent, but privatization of the police would essentially mean that instead of having a police force, you'd just end up with a bunch of henchmen of whichever corporations are the richest. How could you see that coming when you made your initial argument?
Zain Sugieres
How about we talk about Ajit Pai and the net neutrality stuff in the US right now
Razzy

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

I think I'm gonna be sick

Zain Sugieres wrote:

How about we talk about Ajit Pai and the net neutrality stuff in the US right now
okay I'm definitely gonna be sick
DeletedUser_6709840
is that article even reliable?

But it does sound plausible.
DaddyCoolVipper

RoseusJaeger wrote:

is that article even reliable?

But it does sound plausible.
You can confirm it for yourself by clicking the link provided in it and seeing the massive list of bot comments, yes
DeletedUser_6709840
ah
Jordan

Mahogany wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

B1rd has said in the past that he would absolutely support having everything, including Police and Fire Departments, being privately owned.
Your morbid attachment to B1rd is hilarious

He's been ignoring you for months you just keep mentioning him in 3/4 of the posts you make here

Mahogany
If b1rd stopped being a retard I'd have much less reason to point out how retarded he is
DeletedUser_6709840

Mahogany wrote:

If b1rd stopped being a retard I'd have much less reason to point out how retarded he is
amen
abraker

Mahogany wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Having the military privately owned without a government backed military would be a disaster.
GladiOol

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

I love these. The recurring taco truck is honestly the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzbusRK ... .be&t=6m2s
show more