forum

[Pro] HueShift Glow V2.1 [osu!|Taiko|CtB|Mania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

About
HueShift GLOW is the sequel to HueShift Classic, centered around a glowy but not showy design.

osu!Standard

Instead of combo colors, HueShift Glow has object colors:
  1. Hit circles are green and octagonal.
  2. Sliders are blue and circular.
  3. Spinners are purple.
  4. The cursor is pink.
  5. Reverse arrows are orange and semicircular.
These colors aim to increase readability of overlapping or confusing hit objects. Of course, you may turn the colors back to normal if you so desired.

Notice: This skin is incompatible with the Stable Fallback build. If you are on Stable Fallback, please apply the Combo Colors [On, Circle] customization.

Other modes

The Taiko skin has a minimal design with small notes. Kiai Time effects are clear but unintrusive, with only the borders of the highway lighting gold. In V2.0, Taiko hit bursts received a graphical overhaul. The ranking screen no longer shows the default hit300g graphic, and the Japanese writing above the in-game hit bursts can be toggled. In addition, you can toggle between red and blue misses.
The Mania skin has three note shapes: Circle (default), Bar, and Triangle. Notes are color-coded by column / finger.

In Catch the Beat, the saucer is pink (but turns blue during Kiai Time). All fruits are green, with boost fruits having a thick pink outline.

Gameplay
Trailer

Review (v1.0)

Design
Steering away from the overused (and expensive) Gotham font in HueShift Classic, HueShift Glow uses Novecento Wide, giving the skin a more friendly, human feeling. Its glow effects, while decorative, are not distracting to the main gameplay.

The color pink is used for elements needing instant or constant attention, like the cursor, CtB catcher, and the play warning arrow. The lighting in Mania can be intensified or disabled. While hit lighting is skinned out, cursor stars and combo burst particles are left in; cursor stars do not appear during gameplay, and the user is free to disable combo bursts in the settings.

Sound Design
The sound design of the skin centers around ethereal echoes and celestial synths, to harmonize with the glow on the visual elements. All menu sounds are skinned, including supporter exclusives.

However, the default set of sounds were subject to numerous user complaints, saying that they were too loud. As a response, two alternate sets of sound effects are now available: Orchestral and Android. Orchestral uses organic orchestral sounds for a calming experience, and Android uses system sounds from the Nexus 5 and 6 smartphones.

The pause loop is taken from ai·shi·te·ru·yo by Akira Sora.

Languages

1. CHINESE (SIMPLIFIED) / 中文
  2. CROATIAN / HRVATSKI
  3. CZECH / ČEŠTINA
  4. ENGLISH
  5. ESTONIAN / EESTI
  6. FINNISH / SUOMI
  7. FRENCH / FRANÇAIS
  8. GERMAN / DEUTSCH
  9. INDONESIAN / BAHASA INDONESIA
  10. ITALIAN / ITALIANO
  11. JAPANESE / 日本語
  12. NORWEGIAN (BOKMÅL) / NORSK (BOKMÅL)
  13. POLISH / POLSKI
  14. PORTGUESE (BRAZIL) / PORTUGUÊS (BRASIL)
  15. RUSSIAN / РУССКИЙ
  16. SPANISH (SPAIN) / ESPAÑOL (ESPAÑA)
  17. SPANISH (LATIN AMERICA) / ESPAÑOL LATINO
  18. SWEDISH / SVERIGE
  19. THAI / ภาษาไทย
Translations are available individually or in language packs.

Want to translate? Request access to the translation spreadsheet and tell me when you’re done.

Customization
The following customization options are available:
  1. Combo Colors
    Toggle between object colors (HueShift default) and combo colors (osu! default). *
    Off* / Off, Circle / On / On, Circle / Off + Yellow Taps
  2. Cursor
    Change the design of the cursor.
    Circle* / Ring / Tiny
  3. Mania Lighting
    Change the intensity of the lighting in Mania mode.
    Default* / Particles Only / Off
  4. Mania Notes
    Change the shape of the notes and receptors in Mania mode.
    Circle* / Bar / Triangle
  5. Sound - Combo Break
    Change or disable the combo break sound effect.
    MUTE / Chimes* / Bass / Jazz / Blip / Orchestral
  6. Sound - Hitsounds
    Change or disable hitsounds.
    MUTE / HueShift Glow* / HueShift 1 (Cloudstepper) / OscilloSCAPE Proxy / Aesthetic
  7. Sound - Interface
    Change the menu sound effects.
    MUTE / HueShift Glow* / Orchestral / Android
  8. Taiko - Hit Bursts
    Toggle the kanji above the hitbursts in Taiko mode. You can also make the misses blue.
    With Kanji (2.0 default)* / Simple (1.0-1.1 default) / With Kanji (Blue) / Simple (Blue)
* Edit Skin.ini to activate or deactivate the combo colors in-game. Instructions are written inside the file.

Click here to download (Google Drive)

The latest Skin version is v2.0; v2.1 only updated the translation files.

Changelog
V2.1 2022-09-15
• Updated Language Pack to V4:
— Added German and Russian translations
V2.0 2020-05-31
• Updated Taiko hit bursts
• Added selection-mod-mirror
• Added customization options:
— Combo Colors: Off, Circle
— Sound - Combo Break: MUTE, Orchestral
— Sound - Hitsounds: MUTE
— Sound - Interface: New category - MUTE / HueShift Glow / Orchestral / Android
— Taiko - Hit Bursts: New category - With Kanji / Simple / With Kanji (Blue) / Simple (Blue)
— Customizations with Combo Colors On now have correct slider end circles
• Updated Language Pack to V3:
— Added Mania judgment to all existing languages
— Added Portuguese (Brazil) translation
• Migrated and restructured the download and documentation structure on Google Drive

V1.1 2017-09-13
• Added option for circular hit circles
• Added help file on toggling combo colors
• Updated Language Pack to V3:
— Updated Polish translation for hit300g, hit300k, spinner-clear

V1.0 2017-05-08
• Initial release.

subnorman
The taiko hitcircles are too small, is that on purpose? Otherwise, great skin

Screenshot: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8035036
Fatal3ty
This Skin looks very nice, but hitcircle is unreadable for me. I rename sliderstartcircle@2x.png to hitcircle@2x.png and worked good. Is my optionion :D

Nice Effect and all. Taiko Circles is in my optinion too small. :)
SleepingD
interesting Skins omg (Save!!)
vbn237jr
Nice skin dude love it ! ;)
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

subnorman wrote:

The taiko hitcircles are too small, is that on purpose? Otherwise, great skin

Screenshot: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8035036
They are that size in order to make denser patterns (overlapping notes) more readable. So yes, that was intentional.
kas__
Can you make a version of this but with circular hit circles please? I'm currently using HueShift V1 and liking it. I like the aesthetic of this more but the octagonal hit circles really mess me up during gameplay for some reason, or maybe I just suck at the game.
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

I Am Kas wrote:

Can you make a version of this but with circular hit circles please? I'm currently using HueShift V1 and liking it. I like the aesthetic of this more but the octagonal hit circles really mess me up during gameplay for some reason, or maybe I just suck at the game.
Just because you asked so nice, I made boring circular hit circles too.

_Meep_
could be used for some dank gimmicks for mapping
good shit man
kas__

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

I Am Kas wrote:

Just because you asked so nice, I made boring circular hit circles too.

Thanks man appreciate it! 😘
Xenoblade
The combo colors on customization isn't working for me. All the hit circles and sliders just become white. Also, I keep reading the Taiko spinners as large red notes...
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

Xenoblade wrote:

The combo colors on customization isn't working for me. All the hit circles and sliders just become white. Also, I keep reading the Taiko spinners as big don notes...
Sorry, I probably forgot to clarify that you need to edit Skin.ini too to enable combe colors. It's simple; add // to the lines it tells you to add, and remove // from the lines it tells you to remove.
Xenoblade
Okay, well why not include the modified skin.ini in the respective modification folders...?
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

Xenoblade wrote:

Okay, well why not include the modified skin.ini in the respective modification folders...?
Because Mania players may want to modify the Skin.ini to change the feedback height or other parameters.
-Cappuchino-
YES!! Finally another skin that supports Thai! I'm so happy right now. :) :)
h3oCharles
Please change the strings in polish lang pack:
spinner-clear: czysty
hit300g: świetnie

oh, and also, skins! made a review on this skin
Lukax5
I really like the skin, probably my favourite skin yet. But there's a little thing that's messing me up, how do I turn off those effects when a drop or something like it happens on a map. It really messes up my fps, and i lose my combo. :D :D :D
Fl4ndre Scarlet
I'm waiting for Turkish translate pack :P

Good skin
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

Fl4ndre Scarlet wrote:

I'm waiting for Turkish translate pack :P

Good skin
You can provide the translation yourself! All language packs except Japanese were not translated by me.
Topic Starter
JapanYoshiTheGamer

h3oCharles wrote:

Please change the strings in polish lang pack:
spinner-clear: czysty
hit300g: świetnie

oh, and also, skins! made a review on this skin
Will update spinner-clear from “CZYSTO” to “CZYSTY”. “ŚWIETNIE” is used for hit300k, so please propose a translation for hit300k in place for that.

eye skin
h3oCharles

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

“ŚWIETNIE” is used for hit300k, so please propose a translation for hit300k in place for that.
Try "Super" then
show more