forum

osu!catch World Cup 2017 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Deley-
If I have been silenced by spamming friends, I will not be able to participate?
juankristal

Deley- wrote:

If I have been silenced by spamming friends, I will not be able to participate?
No, you should be allowed to play if its just for spamming your friends.
o x
Canada won't lose this year ;)
Gato2499
I'm rank 12k, guess I can't participate :cry: btw I hope my country gets to participate on this Wc :)
sxy62146214
Is it possible to choose my map in CWC2017
Of course,Impossible

China GoGoGo
Kagari

wwwww_ wrote:

not gonna lose to canada this time :^)
Orinoshi
It's been a year already... Good luck to everyone
Koube Shio
the year again
July
OwO
Haarashi
Let's go boyssssss (and girls?)
Unlucky_w

wwwww_ wrote:

don't get your hopes up, im still slow as last year -w-
Aerene
World war is coming
[Kaneko]

-Nicotine wrote:

World war is coming
This time some small countries uses secret super weapons :V
Shizuku
i'm hyped u w u gl everyone~~
Lay

Kurokami wrote:

I must not be the only one who writes nothing here. :c
Some randy scrub here, writing nothing as usual cause no one knows me~
What are we supposed to discuss, my teams inevitable defeat to every nation in our bracket? T_T

wwwww_ wrote:

I expect more quality memes this year pls, Azer let us down, posting a screenshot of Azer, Bzer and no one followed up with a Czer Dzer and Ezer ot Fzer, so much hate. You're better than this ;w;
Minalinsky-
Hope can participate ;)
JBHyperion

Karma wrote:

Some randy scrub here, writing nothing as usual cause no one knows me~
hi Karma
Maestro Mania
what does "osu!catch" even mean ??
Riari

Maestro Mania wrote:

its like the game "catchphrase" but with the osu! logo instead and without Roy Walker catching them.
Absolute Zero

Maestro Mania wrote:

Catch the Beat, CtB for short, is a game mode that requires players to control a character to catch fruit in time to the music. The fruits fall from the top of the screen to the bottom, with the character holding a plate above their head.
Scoring

Scoring follows the same multiplier as in standard as shown here, however, notes that add score are different from standard. A regular sized fruit gives a score of 300 times the multiplier. A large juice drop gives a score of 100. The smallest drop (also called droplet) gives a score of 10, however, missing droplets do not remove your current combos, while the others do.
Accuracy is defined by how much you have caught and how much you missed.
Possible Grades
SS : 100.00% Accuracy
S : 98.01% to 99.99% Accuracy (You can have 'S' rank even if you make several misses, like in osu!mania)
A : 94.01% - 98.00% Accuracy
B : 90.01% - 94.00% Accuracy
C : 85.01% - 90.00% Accuracy
D : Any other accuracy under 85.00%.
A silver S or SS means that the song was played using the 'Hidden' or 'Flashlight' mod.
Controls

By default, the left and right arrow keys are used to move the catcher. Pressing the left shift key with one of the arrow keys will make the catcher dash in that direction (indicated by a bright glow around the catcher).
Hyperdash is an automatically triggered gameplay element in Catch the Beat play mode, designed to obliterate "impossible jumps" (where two objects were previously impossible to catch because of the distance that separated them). It is automatically activated when obtaining a red glowing fruit (the first of an impossible pair) and stays active until you are in range of the second fruit, or have already missed it. It will speed you up a variable amount such that if you are dashing, you will always be able to make it to the destination in time.
You may use mouse control if you enable the relax mod.
Sliders leading into jumps is self explanatory. Players will be forced to move slowly on a track going left for about a second, then have to change speed, direction, and pacing in order to keep up.
In Rankings

Until April 10, 2012, Catch the Beat maps could not be ranked or be included in ranked maps. However, this has now changed, and mappers may now make CTB-specific difficulties, provided they follow the guidelines. These guidelines are very much a work in progress, but as more CTB maps are ranked and feedback is given from their players, the guidelines will evolve to be as thorough and comprehensive as the standard osu! guidelines.
Edgar_Figaro

Absolute Zero wrote:

Maestro Mania wrote:

Catch the Beat, CtB for short, is a game mode that requires players to control a character to catch fruit in time to the music. The fruits fall from the top of the screen to the bottom, with the character holding a plate above their head.
Scoring

Scoring follows the same multiplier as in standard as shown here, however, notes that add score are different from standard. A regular sized fruit gives a score of 300 times the multiplier. A large juice drop gives a score of 100. The smallest drop (also called droplet) gives a score of 10, however, missing droplets do not remove your current combos, while the others do.
Accuracy is defined by how much you have caught and how much you missed.
Possible Grades
SS : 100.00% Accuracy
S : 98.01% to 99.99% Accuracy (You can have 'S' rank even if you make several misses, like in osu!mania)
A : 94.01% - 98.00% Accuracy
B : 90.01% - 94.00% Accuracy
C : 85.01% - 90.00% Accuracy
D : Any other accuracy under 85.00%.
A silver S or SS means that the song was played using the 'Hidden' or 'Flashlight' mod.
Controls

By default, the left and right arrow keys are used to move the catcher. Pressing the left shift key with one of the arrow keys will make the catcher dash in that direction (indicated by a bright glow around the catcher).
Hyperdash is an automatically triggered gameplay element in Catch the Beat play mode, designed to obliterate "impossible jumps" (where two objects were previously impossible to catch because of the distance that separated them). It is automatically activated when obtaining a red glowing fruit (the first of an impossible pair) and stays active until you are in range of the second fruit, or have already missed it. It will speed you up a variable amount such that if you are dashing, you will always be able to make it to the destination in time.
You may use mouse control if you enable the relax mod.
Sliders leading into jumps is self explanatory. Players will be forced to move slowly on a track going left for about a second, then have to change speed, direction, and pacing in order to keep up.
In Rankings

Until April 10, 2012, Catch the Beat maps could not be ranked or be included in ranked maps. However, this has now changed, and mappers may now make CTB-specific difficulties, provided they follow the guidelines. These guidelines are very much a work in progress, but as more CTB maps are ranked and feedback is given from their players, the guidelines will evolve to be as thorough and comprehensive as the standard osu! guidelines.
Pretty sure a large chunk of this was plagiarized from the OsuAcademy Video for CTB introduction lol.
CLSW
tbh it's not good to not have an asian representation of mappool selector imo, at least there are plenty of well-knowledged players and testers in asia, so it may considered as discrimination to asian people
Summerleopard
I wonder how this CTB match would be. Does it mean someone about above 5000k numbers could join this I mean for example :

A.7500
B.8000
C.8500
D.9000

[ Choose which might unacceptable. ]
Well,I just wanted to know.. :o
Those numbers in thousand is ranks of player rather the example...
Riari
I think there should be more diversity in the map selectors so we should allow people of african american decent to break free of their opression on this game and finally use their extreme limitless talent to the maximum.

I think that a great mapper and player such as Tyrell with a wide bredth of wisdom on the true inner workings of this mode would be a great addition to the team!
MBomb

CLSW wrote:

tbh it's not good to not have an asian representation of mappool selector imo, at least there are plenty of well-knowledged players and testers in asia, so it may considered as discrimination to asian people
This is kinda ridiculous, firstly because it's clearly not any kind of discrimination, using that word is an insult to those actually oppressed if you use it in a situation like this, the mappool selectors happen to not include any asian people, that is all, it can't be said that that is intentional.
Secondly, just because someone is from a different region of the world, doesn't mean they have a different idea on what maps come out. It's not like, for example, me as a British person, sees different maps to a French or an American person. Our own personal experiences may decide which maps we see and which we don't, and who we know, but that is definitely not decided by the region where we live.
Thirdly, map pools were selected weeks ago, it's too late for any real change here, and so adding another mappool selector at this point is basically pointless due to the fact that they would have no work to do, and no real representation.
Xinnoh
tbh it's not good to not have a north american representation of mappool selector imo, at least there are plenty of well-knowledged players and testers in america, so it may considered as discrimination to american people

@sangkraz your rank needs to be a number smaller than 5000. So as of now you'd need to have at least 1665pp to join
that said, there's only 6 spots per country, so you need to be one of the top 6-8 active players in your country rank to join
Ascendance
Lay

Ascendance wrote:

I agree! Where is the New Zealand representation, I feel left out because people barely know my country and only let Deadbeat be apart of staff because he hates to identify as a citizen of a team that's never made it out groups for any mode xD

JBHyperion wrote:

hi Karma
Hello ^~^
[Eun]
Yay time to be a burden to my team
autofanboy
hello
Constantine
good luck for all
DeletedUser_500696
It does seem kind of weird not having a map selector known for mapping/modding very difficult maps (admittedly I don't know zirox or deif's recent history when it comes to this), hopefully the finals won't be underwhelming or disproportionate because of it. Have fun people
MBomb

-Kurisu- wrote:

It does seem kind of weird not having a map selector known for mapping/modding very difficult maps (admittedly I don't know zirox or deif's recent history when it comes to this), hopefully the finals won't be underwhelming or disproportionate because of it. Have fun people
Deif not known for mapping/modding difficult maps.

Literally what?
DeletedUser_500696
a
DeletedUser_500696
And I'm talking about super duper hard maps that no one can fc that's the stuff I'm looking for
Lay

-Kurisu- wrote:

And I'm talking about super duper hard maps that no one can fc that's the stuff I'm looking for
When the cut off rank is 5000, not everyone participating is sub 100 in the world lol. Of course they won't have a map selector who can pick super duper hard maps, even for finals, the map selectors are just fine and the maps should be scaled appropriately
Ill never understand why there's always something or someone to bitch about in this damned community
Deif
I must admit I giggled reading this thread. I'm excited for this tournament and I hope you guys have fun with it!

For the people aiming to become mappool selectors this year, I'm afraid it's a bit late for that since the mappool is more or less prepared for all rounds already. If you have interest in helping out for the next CWC don't hesitate contacting personally the tournament management (aka Loctav, p3n, shARPII or me). The best time to ask around would be in February/March next year, more or less when the next TWC is running so we have enough time to organise the next tournament.
o x

Karma wrote:

When the cut off rank is 5000, not everyone participating is sub 100 in the world lol. Of course they won't have a map selector who can pick super duper hard maps, even for finals, the map selectors are just fine and the maps should be scaled appropriately
Ill never understand why there's always something or someone to bitch about in this damned community
Finals is for the best of the best, not for ~5000 rank players. Finals maps should be challenging for high ranking players and not have maps just come down to spinners. Honestly I think the map pools need to be harder than they have been.
deadbeat

wwwww_ wrote:

Karma wrote:

Finals is for the best of the best, not for ~5000 rank players. Finals maps should be challenging for high ranking players and not have maps just come down to spinners. Honestly I think the map pools need to be harder than they have been.
/summons Kamikaze
juankristal

deadbeat wrote:

/summons Kamikaze
If you never have a full team fail on finals you are doing it wrong :^)
show more