forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
Hibiya-chan
It's better to take a break than force yourself to play uncomfortably. When you feel like it doesnt hurt to tap anymore tho, you can come back coz if you continue playing with that, the problem might even get worse.
repr1se

Ender-Kun wrote:

I've been playing osu! for about 2 years, close to 3 years soon. Recently, I've been doing really really bad. I used to be able to pass 5 or 6 (sometimes 7) stars no problem, but now it is very hard for me to play anywhere between 4 stars or higher.
Considering your top plays, you're not supposed to be playing 7 stars. You'll develop bad habits.

Also I've had to change my area to a really small area just to be able to aim anything at least decently and it hurts to tap with my left hand at any range of BPM. Yes, I do have Carpal Tunnel, RSI, and Arthritis, but I had these before I even knew about osu! or any other rhythm games.
I have conditions that, when playing this game, will worsen. You know what? I'll play Osu!

What should I do at this point? Do I take a break for a while and come back? Keep playing to get better? Thanks in advance! :)
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
Sandy Hoey
That is the right idea. However, you don't have to do things that are too easy for you (i.e. Consistent FC 98%+ acc). I'm guessing high 3 star low 4 star is where you will eventually find the right level.

Also, was I right, or was I right? About what people would say...
Topic Starter
Shiwahime
Attenox
Take a break and come back. That's what I do when I can't play but it's usually 2 days at most lol
[Momo]
welcome to the club took numerious breaks reading just newer imrpoves no matter what i do :__:

Only played no mod past 6 mounths 0 improvment still failing at clicking notes when crosshair is over them
Shino Inuzuka

Ender-Kun wrote:

I've been playing osu! for about 2 years, close to 3 years soon. Recently, I've been doing really really bad. I used to be able to pass 5 or 6 (sometimes 7) stars no problem, but now it is very hard for me to play anywhere between 4 stars or higher. Also I've had to change my area to a really small area just to be able to aim anything at least decently and it hurts to tap with my left hand at any range of BPM. Yes, I do have Carpal Tunnel, RSI, and Arthritis, but I had these before I even knew about osu! or any other rhythm games. What should I do at this point? Do I take a break for a while and come back? Keep playing to get better? Thanks in advance! :)
:?:

repr1se wrote:

Ender-Kun wrote:

I've been playing osu! for about 2 years, close to 3 years soon. Recently, I've been doing really really bad. I used to be able to pass 5 or 6 (sometimes 7) stars no problem, but now it is very hard for me to play anywhere between 4 stars or higher.
Considering your top plays, you're not supposed to be playing 7 stars. You'll develop bad habits.

Also I've had to change my area to a really small area just to be able to aim anything at least decently and it hurts to tap with my left hand at any range of BPM. Yes, I do have Carpal Tunnel, RSI, and Arthritis, but I had these before I even knew about osu! or any other rhythm games.
I have conditions that, when playing this game, will worsen. You know what? I'll play Osu!

What should I do at this point? Do I take a break for a while and come back? Keep playing to get better? Thanks in advance! :)

So first of all, I passed my first 7* map when my top play was around 100. Please. Theres no bad habits you can develop by playing harder maps. It just helps you get better at harder jumps and streams.

Second, I don't know about tablet area, but my friends all tell me that switching tablet area is really difficult and increases hand pain, so i recommend you don't do that.

Third, please, I have RSI too, but I still play. :V

Fourth, to take a break is your choice. But my advice is to maybe take a short 2-5 week break and start again from 4* maps. When you can pass those consistently, move up to 5*, then to 6*
repr1se

Shino -SNO- wrote:

So first of all, I passed my first 7* map when my top play was around 100. Please. Theres no bad habits you can develop by playing harder maps. It just helps you get better at harder jumps and streams.
Pass 7* =/= skill because HP drain is so fucking low and forgiving. You're going to:

Mash b/c AR10? Bad habit.
Not reading correctly b/c AR10+(usually)high bpm? Bad habit.
Shortcuts with cursor b/c not punished with HP drain? Bad habit.

Come again?