forum

DRAGON EYES - Hoshi Furu Yoru

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yoyotazit
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on samedi 19 décembre 2020 at 13:59:04

Artist: DRAGON EYES
Title: Hoshi Furu Yoru
BPM: 180
Filesize: 7645kb
Play Time: 04:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Extra (7,09 stars, 1860 notes)
Download: DRAGON EYES - Hoshi Furu Yoru
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
No idea how to hitsound please help
Some adjustment to do on the shapes of the streams
Mun
I've never modded an incomplete set out of my queue, only doing this one because the song is amazing and you introduced me to an artist I really like.

This is going to be a really short mod because instead of pointing random crap out, I think it's better if I just explain concepts that you miss.

Look through the map with these points in mind.

SV vs Movement
The map has 1.40 base SV. Did you ever consider changing it? The song is much faster than that.
The song does not use much in the way of SV modifiers, either. The streams go into sliders much slower than the streams (see 00:32:597 (7,8,9) - ) and cause a boring and uncomfortable cancellation of movement. It is best to use an SV conducive to the level of movement in any given section of a song. If you are making the player make rapid, flowy motions such as in streams or wide angled jumps, higher SV is almost always the way to go.
Structure
Structure can be easily broken down into 3 points.
1: Stacking
2: Anchoring
3: Patterning

Stacking: The act of placing objects on top of each other. Lasse is my go-to example for this because he uses this extremely often. He can sometimes stack dozens of objects in the exact same place within 10 seconds. You don't need to perfectly stack notes on top of each other, but if overlapping, notes should overlap by a specific amount.
Rhythmic Consistency
Map to the song - it's that simple. 00:41:432 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This section, for example, uses the wrong beat snap divisor: this breakdown uses 1/2 and 1/4 beats, not 1/3. Personally, I'd make a rhythm there something like this.
On top of this, you often map the constant 1/4 double-kick going on, which is totally fine, but then you drop it and ignore it for other beats, often messing up rhythmic integrity for the sake of fitting in patterns and variety. This happens in places such as 00:48:015 (8,9,1) - . You do get that sort of variety, spacing,
and emphasis right in some places such as 00:50:432 (7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - though, where you map patterns that are visually different and play differently, but still provide popular emphasis and follow the same track.
Spacing Emphasis
Spacing emphasis is a decently simple concept. As a rhythm game, what makes osu! so unique is its dimension of aim. It creates a simple, common, and highly important concept and technique: the higher the stress on the player, the stronger the emphasis on a note. By using higher spacing on stronger beats, it emphasizes them and grabs attention. In places such as 01:19:597 (5,1,2,3,4,5,6) - it looks to be entirely disregarded.

It's rough, but shows a lot of potential. Keep it up, good luck!
Topic Starter
yoyotazit

Mun wrote:

I've never modded an incomplete set out of my queue, only doing this one because the song is amazing and you introduced me to an artist I really like.

This is going to be a really short mod because instead of pointing random crap out, I think it's better if I just explain concepts that you miss.

Look through the map with these points in mind.

SV vs Movement
The map has 1.40 base SV. Did you ever consider changing it? The song is much faster than that.
The song does not use much in the way of SV modifiers, either. The streams go into sliders much slower than the streams (see 00:32:597 (7,8,9) - ) and cause a boring and uncomfortable cancellation of movement. It is best to use an SV conducive to the level of movement in any given section of a song. If you are making the player make rapid, flowy motions such as in streams or wide angled jumps, higher SV is almost always the way to go.
Structure
Structure can be easily broken down into 3 points.
1: Stacking
2: Anchoring
3: Patterning

Stacking: The act of placing objects on top of each other. Lasse is my go-to example for this because he uses this extremely often. He can sometimes stack dozens of objects in the exact same place within 10 seconds. You don't need to perfectly stack notes on top of each other, but if overlapping, notes should overlap by a specific amount.
Rhythmic Consistency
Map to the song - it's that simple. 00:41:432 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This section, for example, uses the wrong beat snap divisor: this breakdown uses 1/2 and 1/4 beats, not 1/3. Personally, I'd make a rhythm there something like this.
On top of this, you often map the constant 1/4 double-kick going on, which is totally fine, but then you drop it and ignore it for other beats, often messing up rhythmic integrity for the sake of fitting in patterns and variety. This happens in places such as 00:48:015 (8,9,1) - . You do get that sort of variety, spacing,
and emphasis right in some places such as 00:50:432 (7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - though, where you map patterns that are visually different and play differently, but still provide popular emphasis and follow the same track.
Spacing Emphasis
Spacing emphasis is a decently simple concept. As a rhythm game, what makes osu! so unique is its dimension of aim. It creates a simple, common, and highly important concept and technique: the higher the stress on the player, the stronger the emphasis on a note. By using higher spacing on stronger beats, it emphasizes them and grabs attention. In places such as 01:19:597 (5,1,2,3,4,5,6) - it looks to be entirely disregarded.

It's rough, but shows a lot of potential. Keep it up, good luck!
Thanks ! I'll do my best to improve myself on this different point :)