forum

[Archived] blackscreen when alt+tabbing in and out of osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Nik]
Problem Details
When playing in fullscreen i get a blackscreen when alt tabbing in and out of osu.
Short explanation of the video( cause it didn't want to show my ingame osu screen and i'm to dumb to now how to fix it)
at the beginning and the end you can see that osu is open cause of the black screen, there i could alt+tab into the game. But in the middle of the video where i try too alt+tab in for the first time you can see how my osu screen pops up just for a second(00:03) and then a blackscreen pops up, there i couldn't see the game and got the blackscreen. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Also it could happen sometimes that i have to restart osu because it doesn't let me alt+tab in at all

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://puu.sh/vwW2k/7f6f2d6e0c.flv

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Does this also happen with Compatibility Mode on?
Topic Starter
[Nik]
yes Compatibility Mode is on, but it only happens in fullscreen when i play windowed i don't get the problem. But playing in windowed mode isn't a option for me because my ms is rising to 10+ because of me playing on a shity notebook
Lacrimosa
Does it return back to normal if you press ALT + Enter twice?

Also, are you able to play in borderless (native) resolution?
Topic Starter
[Nik]
I do play with native resolution, and about the alt + double enter, couldn't thest that yet, i'll do it when i get the opportunity too
Lacrimosa
I meant playing in fullscreen (borderless) without actually having the fullscreen mode enabled.
Topic Starter
[Nik]
nope can't do that. I get a lot of random lagspikes
Topic Starter
[Nik]
Just tried alt+ double enter, doesn't work;-;