forum

[Archived] Fps drop with notable stuttering after random time of playin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Douky
Problem Details:
Hello ,
So for some time now I have this problem, when I play for a certain time , it can be 10 minutes or 1 hours , at a point, the game start lagging , my FPS counter go from 0,35ms to 0,40-0,50ms, and all the elements start to load on the screen with a way lower fps rate than before (I can clearly see the approach cricles or the Sliderball and sliders loading and moving pixel by pixel) It is very noticeable and add an input lag too, making the game really anoying to play. To counter this problem , I have to restart the game again, and wait for the problem to come again.

By the way , I tried all the options related to fps problem in the menu , I tried launching in compatibility mode and administrator. And I used to have this problem some month ago , until it disapeared from itself.

I run osu with a Gtx1070, 16gb Ram and an i5, so I I think it's unlikely to be my setup fault .

Any help would be really appreciated :) Thank you all !

osu! version: 20170404cuttingedge
Topic Starter
Douky
Up please , the problem is still there and getting very very persistent, it appears now when I play around 1h exactly, I have to restart the game every hours now :(
Lacrimosa
Must be your PC thermal throttling. Thermal throttling is when your CPU overheats, the motherboard sets its speed lower, so it can generate less heat and cool down. In this case, there is not much you can do to fix this. You could try capping your fps to lower limit, though.
repr1se

Nikosbks wrote:

Must be your PC thermal throttling. Thermal throttling is when your CPU overheats, the motherboard sets its speed lower, so it can generate less heat and cool down. In this case, there is not much you can do to fix this. You could try capping your fps to lower limit, though.
lol he runs an i5... overheating is not an issue.

I have the same issue. I tried unparking CPU cores via ParkControl and it has been working so far... been testing for about an hour. Is it a definitive solution? Don't know. Probably not.
I also tried compatibility mode and reduce dropped frames. Have you done that OP?

Edit: I'm using the stable version, you're using cutting edge.
Kao
Could you check ram usage when it starts to lag? Sounds like your osu! Is having memory leaks

Could you try scanning your computer for viruses or malware?
Also try moving the osu! Folder to somewhere else
Topic Starter
Douky
Hey Thanks for the replies !

First of all for the things I tried : I've tried moving the Osu! folder to the principal Sata Hard Drive , and the secondary Hard Drive , didn't change the problem
I've tried Compattibility and Reduced dropped frames too , didn't change either (Literally I've tried every osu! setting possible and it didn't solve it)
The CPU and RAM performances are not affected by the lag but I'll check it more precisly when it come again, and will post an update.

I'm gonna try Repr1se Solution with the CPU cores and see if it solve the problem , but yeah even if it does , I don't think it is the best solution out there

Thank you for the help , I'll see if it solves the problem , and wll post the following here ! :D
Topic Starter
Douky
Update: So I looked at the Ram, Disk and CPU performance during the lags and it's totally stable , no changes from normal situation. I'll look tomorow if the CPU core technique works
Coolgav
Have the same issue,about 40min-1 hour of play time and the game starts being stuttery, kinda like you see i can see frame difference in approach circles, I reply again if i can find the solution, please post if you find the fix to it as it's really annoying lol
Anscenic
Anyone got a solution?