forum

OSB optimizer - A tool for compressing your storyboard file

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yf_bmp
4/8/2021 notice

The version is still in development but it can always be active.

Stable version:v2.0 (.NET framework 4.0 required.)
Last updated:4/4/2017

=======================================================

It has been a long time since last update, and now here is the latest released version: 2.0!

Old description wrote:

Now storyboads are always complex which has a large space usage in the .osz file, even sometimes it can be overloaded. I think time to make something that everyone can compress their .osb file easily and more readable. Whether you make storyboards by osu!editor or by coding youself, they all can be optimized in the file size.
What's new in version 2.0:
  1. Easier to use.
  2. Friendly interface.
  3. Much better performance (about 30 times).
  4. Better compression ratio.
Some screenshots of interface

Screenshots 1

Screenshots 2

Screenshots 3

Screenshots 4

Screenshots 5
Different Levels of optimization

Most basic level without rounding

Most basic level with rounding

With deep optimization

With variable substitutions
Some features

Color mark to hint which line is deleted or added

Unuseful object prompt

Conflict prompt

1.Error lines isn't unrankable but means to have conflict timing points, and it's better for you to fix manually. This is handled by osu! itself, but for safety, I didn't make it to correct these error objects, but just to skip. So if you find many error objects exsit, the best way is to check by yourself and redesign the algorithm, because skipping more means optimizing less.

2.About variable substitutions, osu! will automatically change the file by saving in the editor. So you should mark the file to Read-Only property, though I don't recommend.

If you meet any bugs, please tell me the details of the bug via forums pm, in-game or Discord.

Special thanks to examination and Starrodkirby86's test

old optimizer 1.0
Now storyboads are always complex which has a large space usage in the .osz file, even sometimes it can be overloaded. It leads me to make something that everyone can compress their .osb file easily and more readable. Whether you make storyboards by osu!editor or by coding youself, they all can be optimized in the file length.

So let's have a simple contrast between the original file and the optimized file:

Nekomata Master+ - Kung-fu Empire (made by Damnae)

s/173288
ベィスドロップ・フリークス(Long Ver.) (made by me)

s/463479
world.execute(me); (made by Exile-)

s/470977
にこぷり♡女子道 (made by me)[
img]http://puu.sh/sKTca/447e2e998c.png[/img]
s/358420
This one is a good example which isn't optimized well by the author, so I put it here.
Koi Yomi Zakura (Full Ver.) (made by S i R i R u)

s/12416
This one is a good example which is made by osu!editor. You can see how it works.

Download link(v1.0.2 beta): http://puu.sh/t3Hyc/adf8d50499.zip (.NET framework 4.0 required.)
Last updated:2016/12/29

Points that should be noticed:
1.This is a command application, so there is no graphic interface. For simplify the operation, I help you add command 'start -q' to auto shell (in config.conf). That means you can run this application, and only choose your file to complete it. (Of course, you should rename the outputed file, and then enable 'read-only' property) Additionally, you can check the 'log' folder to see details of which is optimized and skipped.

2.For advanced users, you can use other commands like 'start -df'. Too see more, use 'start -h' for help.

3.Error objects don't mean unrankable, but just have conflict timing points. This is handled by osu! itself, but for safety, I didn't make it to correct these error objects, but just to skip. So if you find many error objects exsit, the best way is to check by yourself and redesign the algorithm, because skipping more means optimizing less.

4.This is now only a beta version, and it has some defects. It's better to backup the original file. Don't delete it until your map is ranked.

If you meet any bugs, please tell me the details of the bug via forums pm

Special thanks to examination's test
Starrodkirby86
yf_pro <33333333
Storyboarder
good stuff
Yumeno Himiko
This is a revolutionary tool that every storyboarder needs. :)

妈的没抢到二楼 偷偷发好气啊
Pururut
yf大师无敌!!
-kevincela-
Woah, this is really useful :o I will definitely try it the next time i plan to make a sb!
Zerss
Argh, I wanted to do one! Haha :p Your program seems to work very nicely anyway, will try to check it asap!
Topic Starter
yf_bmp
Updated since there was some critical errors.
Also you can try to check for updates and see change log by 'upgrade' command, or just download from here!
:)

(btw, I have no time to optimize other things these days but it will come in a week)
Topic Starter
yf_bmp
Post again to notify the latest critical version is uploaded, for someone who subscribed. ///
Thanks to Zerss and Wafu's report and test, I fixed something serious that leads the program into abnormal state.
To see more log, use 'upgrade' command!
Yumeno Himiko
兹词一下

bump this thread since yf made a huge update and he doesn't want to bump the thread himself ;)
pcl5x2008
看,神仙!
CSGA-Schrodcat
疯狂赞美