forum

DonKat Taiko 2v2 Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aisha

IMPORTANT: JOIN THE DISCORD SERVER FOR MORE INFORMATION!
also if you need a teammate, there is a channel where you can ask for someone to join in

CONGRATS TO:

1. gest_shi (remtiw & thomas1195) for achieving #1 place!
  2. Rice Cake Team (sing216 & misaki_tk) for achieving #2 place!
  3. Wean Team (pmriva & Pochacco) for achieving #3 place!

Introduction

Welcome to this tourney, it's a Taiko 2v2 teams tournament based on team job. Every teams are fighting for the first place that will be really hard to get! So let's prepare yourselves and do your best! It's an International tournament so everyone can join in! Just read the rules (scroll down!) carefully!
This tourney will use score v1 system and will take place the week after TWC (for obvious reasons).
There will be a maximum of 48 teams, if we have just reached 32 teams until sign-ups close day, then we are starting with 32 teams. In the case there are 48 teams then it will be a first-group stage: It means groups by 3 teams -> 2 advances then we are going to start with the double-elimination

SCHEDULES:

1. 04/02: Sign ups open
  2. 04/05: Sign ups closed
  3. 04/05: Mappool released
  4. 04/06: Groups ready
  5. 04/06: Schedules ready
  6. 04/22: Group stage matches starts.
  7. 04/29: RO-32
  8. 05/06: RO-16
  9. 05/13: Quarter-finals
  10. 05/20: Semi-finals
  11. 05/27: Finals
  12. 06/03: Grand-Finals

TOURNAMENT INFO:

1. This tournament is for every countries!
  2. This will be a Group & Bracket mode tournament.
  3. 2 teams per group advances to RO-32
  4. There will be Loser bracket and Winner Bracket, so if you lose is not all lost!

IN-GAME PROCEDURE:

1. Every players will be asked for their move.
  2. The referee can wait a maximum of 10 minutes for a player. If the player doesn't come, the referee will ask the other team for a 1v2 start.
  3. Captains will pick 1 warm up per team. (if they don't want to warm, then it's not being played).
  4. First !roll decide the order of the warm (Higher roll first) and it can't be more than 3:30 length.
  5. Highest second !roll decides if they want to ban or pick first (1 ban per team).
  6. Captains will pick one by one their maps.
  7. Every players MUST have the mappool, the referee can start without players if they don't have the pool (referee criteria).
  8. If a player get disconnected for some reason in the first 10 seconds of the song, the referee will abort the game and restart it.
  9. If it happens after 10 seconds, the score before the disconnect will be counted.
  10. Referee can penalize teams if some player have a bad-behaviour in the game room.
  11. Once the match have finished, the room will be completely closed.
  12. If a player fails in a song then his score is not counting. If everyplayer fails then the referee is going to make a sum of their scores then comparing.
  13. IMPORTANT: If there is any tie on group stage, then it's not going to count and skipping the pick (not point for anyone). If there is a tie on the tiebreak then teams are going to repeat it with freemod conditions.
  14. IMPORTANT: Free mod maps NEED to use at LEAST 1 mod per team (only HD, HR or FL allowed)

GENERAL CONDITIONS

1. Mode: Team VS (2v2)
  2. Win Condition: Score
  3. Scorev1
  4. Slots 1-2 Blue team. Slot 3-4 Red team.
  5. Every players will be Locked in their slots.
  6. First Group Stage: BO5
  7. RO-32: BO7
  8. RO-16: BO7
  9. Quarter-Finals: BO9
  10. Semi-Finals: BO11
  11. Finals: BO11
  12. Grand Finals: BO13
  13. IMPORTANT!: There can't be teams with two players with more than 8000 pp! (It's focused on balanced teams).

IN CASE OF TIE
The order will be:
Most matches won.
Have higher {(the number of maps won) - (the number of maps defeated)}.
Most maps won.
Have higher ∑{(total score difference) / (maximum score)}.
Winner of the rematch.

PRIZES
1 month supporter for each player of the winner team
Profile badge for winning team:
Banner for first, second and third place team!

TOURNAMENT STAFF

Organization and Mappool Selectors: xfraczynho , Friggy-chan , Nishizumi , katacheh , Backfire
Referees: xfraczynho , Friggy-chan , Nishizumi , katacheh , Backfire , Charlotte , tkdLolly Jason X DiggyDogg, seanhappy8520 , Eiuh
Designer: Elisabeth- , Crissaegrim
Streamers and casters: Backfire FlamingRok , Friggy-chan , Dargin , Raiden , Catgirl , Mekelemembe . , Eiuh , xfraczynho
Helpers: Backfire , Elisabeth-
tkdLolly
I can help o/

and may I know Designer for what
Topic Starter
Aisha

tkdLolly wrote:

I can help o/

and may I know Designer for what
<3~
tkdLolly
I think you have to tweak your sharing settings with the list of registered teams because I can't seem to open it :?

Perhaps a better limit would be on the sum or product of the pp of both players of you want a more balanced tournament

Or even divide this into different grades if we have time

So it'd turn out like cumulative sub-3k, sub-6k, sub-10k, sub-15k grades something like that
Of course this would take more time and manpower but

Just a thought. :idea: :D
sweetbravery
can i Join? :3 i hope i'm not busy again
Backfire
I was literally going to put up my 2v2 tournament a week from today but I mean, I guess I can do something else :(
Elisabeth-

sweetbravery wrote:

can i Join? :3 i hope i'm not busy again
i join with her! wish we luck
Jason X

Backfire wrote:

I was literally going to put up my 2v2 tournament a week from today but I mean, I guess I can do something else :(
I'm sure you will get your chance to do your Tournament :)
Yona
:)
Catgirl
i'm possibly interested just for fun, just gotta find another player who will put up with me :^)
tkdLolly

Catgirl wrote:

i'm possibly interested just for fun, just gotta find another player who will put up with me :^)
Cool, looks like several TWC players will be playing :roll:
Edgar_Figaro
I'd be interested in joining this tournament. Just need to find a partner
Catgirl

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

WOW HOW CONVENIENT let's make a team :^)
tkdLolly

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

In the tiniest text in the first post, it is mentioned that it is possible to find a partner after joining the Discord.

Players without a partner come by every so often so you'll definitely find yourself one :)

Catgirl wrote:

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

WOW HOW CONVENIENT let's make a team :^)
Yeah alright X)
Catgirl
yeah i actually asked edgar if he wanted to make a team with me before he posted that lol

we should be signed up now~
Midnaait
dem
Niko-nyan

Catgirl wrote:

Neko power time? :D
Catgirl

Niko-nyan wrote:

Catgirl wrote:

Neko power time? :D
if we weren't basically 12 hours apart then i'd love to, but instead i chose someone from my same timezone instead :c
Edgar_Figaro

Catgirl wrote:

yeah i actually asked edgar if he wanted to make a team with me before he posted that lol

we should be signed up now~
To be fair I posted my comment before seeing your Discord message lol. Also since I was reading through the tourney information and then posted before refreshing the page your post on this thread hadn't appeared yet for me. The timing was just hilariously convenient :)
Elisabeth-
Surono
rip cant join cuz no powahful spec media to play,. n long time no play for routine

Midnaait wrote:

dem
yeh dem
Pochacco
i'm looking forward for this tournament :D
Dargin
Meme
Topic Starter
Aisha
gl everyone! <3 ~
tkdLolly
hype

top players hype

teams with meme names hype

mappool for normal players hype
Eiuh
Hyped for playing in the hellhole that is group H :^)
tkdLolly

Eiuh wrote:

Hyped for playing in the hellhole that is group H :^)
:?

Best of luck ;)
My Angel oserry
I in the history
Topic Starter
Aisha
Thanks you all for participating! Had a lot of fun <3
kvgyubh
it was such a wonderful tourney i love this tourney<3<3<3