forum

LiSA - Catch the Moment -Radio Edit ver.-

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and
I just think you should read through the RC and this 8-page discussion.
celerih

Shad0w1and wrote:

You're right. If I did I would've known you'd just ignore the unrankable slider recovery time on the hyper and the blatant overmapping and inconsistencies of the ultra. It's okay, next time I won't lose my time to not even get a real reply to objective issues with a map.

Sorry
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and

celerih wrote:

Shad0w1and wrote:

You're right. If I did I would've known you'd just ignore the unrankable slider recovery time on the hyper and the blatant overmapping and inconsistencies of the ultra. It's okay, next time I won't loose my time to not even get a real reply to objective issues with a map.

Sorry
Hyper is Light Insane, it is mentioned in previous mods.
Map an Ultra like this is also not speed mapping. Use your brain to think if it's easier to make consistent straight&curved sliders or consistent uneven slider arts.
Also do not say it is inconsistent, if you do not understand uneven aesthetics, them you should not mention that point. There are tons of people enjoy these diverse sliders
Respect those who are capable, accept your weakness as a pp player.
defiance
at least lasse maps make sense like 50% of the time
celerih

Shad0w1and wrote:

Hyper is Light Insane, it is mentioned in previous mods.
Map an Ultra like this is also not speed mapping. Also do not say it is inconsistent, if you do not understand uneven aesthetics, them you should not mention that point. There are tons of people enjoy these diverse sliders
Respect those who are capable, accept your weakness as a pp player.
The recovery time is still too low even for a light insane. This is a fast map. Also yes, the difficulty is inconsistent. You map identical beats in different ways and can't even see it yourself. Seems like you've put yourself in this mindset where you think your map is good enough because you're able to get BNs to disregard arguments over it and get it ranked. Also why call me weak when I'm insulting your map's quality and not playability. Diverse sliders isn't the same as using a bunch of random shapes that have no visual consistency in what is a very bland and samey song. This is going to get ranked anyways because you're so stubborn. Oh well

Also can you please justify the kiai inconsistencies? That's kind of an issue. Well, I say justify but you'll probably just invent some reason to keep them even though there's no reason to.
sahuang
Please avoid modding blankets/consistency/overlaps/stacks etc. when modding after qualification. There are like 3-4 days for you to post the mod before as this map was in DQ status but you choose to post right after its requalified. I have no idea why you do this but if it is a post-qua mod then it shouldnt be like this. you are just posting too subjective minor issues which dont even matter.

Also everyone maps same beats to different patterns or rhythms in a map to some extent, this isnt an issue in mpst cases, we dont want a map with 1000 same rhythms which is ultra boring. And kiai inconsistency relates to personal choice so i cant really comment on this. Since a lot of bns have modded it after dq and most of the points are resolved i believe it is fine at current stage.
Xinnoh

Ok here's a mod for Ultra in CtB mode. Lots of unrankable issues that I would suggest you fix

00:10:652 (3,1) - Impossible edge dash, increase distance to make a hyper or reduce for playability
00:13:652 (6,1,2) - Hyperdash into edge dash is unrankable, reduce spacing from slider head to tail on 1 + either increase or decrease distance to 2
00:17:126 (1,2) - Increase the distance between these two for better playability, since previous part is all dashes
00:36:705 (1) - slider tail is too close to previous object because plate has too much momentum, increase spacing
00:42:705 (5,1) - large edge dash, increase spacing for hyper
00:44:916 (1) - only caught a little bit of cancer from trying to follow these droplets. Could increase to slider tick 2 to fix.
01:07:652 (1,2) - Here patterns start becoming unplayable/impossible to fc. Using two 1/4 sliders in a row on each one creates impossible dashes that constantly kill flow. Using more patterns like this would significantly increase flow and up the diff.
01:13:968 (1) - All of these jumps are at the farthest possible distance from each other without being hyperdashes, which makes it really unplayable and underweighted.
01:16:021 (4,1) - nice pp, just increase spacing here a little bit so this is also a hyperdash
01:16:652 (4,5,1) - If these were unstacked it would really improve flow when ending the dashes
01:24:389 (3,1) - These edge dashes are near impossible to play
01:29:758 (1,2) - Over the top edge dash, increase a little
01:50:284 (3,1,2) - Pixel dash, also known as the most unplayable pattern in the game. Increase spacing to 2

hope this helps with making it more playable for ctb, since right now it's unplayable in that mode <3
Nao Tomori
lmao
Ascendance
good for ctb . . ?
sahuang
Nice MEME
_handholding
lol Sinnoh :^)

My Angel Azusa wrote:

Please avoid modding blankets/consistency/overlaps/stacks etc. when modding after qualification. There are like 3-4 days for you to post the mod before as this map was in DQ status but you choose to post right after its requalified.
I don't actually agree with the guys mod at all but don't have this mindset pls Sahuang. No one is interested to go through every map in pending, of course for most people to put most of their focus on qualified maps since it's a short list; pending is also full of maps that don't have any potential of getting ranked so a lot of people don't waste their time on it
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and

Sinnoh wrote:

Ok here's a mod for Ultra in CtB mode. Lots of unrankable issues that I would suggest you fix

00:10:652 (3,1) - Impossible edge dash, increase distance to make a hyper or reduce for playability
00:13:652 (6,1,2) - Hyperdash into edge dash is unrankable, reduce spacing from slider head to tail on 1 + either increase or decrease distance to 2
00:17:126 (1,2) - Increase the distance between these two for better playability, since previous part is all dashes
00:36:705 (1) - slider tail is too close to previous object because plate has too much momentum, increase spacing
00:42:705 (5,1) - large edge dash, increase spacing for hyper
00:44:916 (1) - only caught a little bit of cancer from trying to follow these droplets. Could increase to slider tick 2 to fix.
01:07:652 (1,2) - Here patterns start becoming unplayable/impossible to fc. Using two 1/4 sliders in a row on each one creates impossible dashes that constantly kill flow. Using more patterns like this would significantly increase flow and up the diff.
01:13:968 (1) - All of these jumps are at the farthest possible distance from each other without being hyperdashes, which makes it really unplayable and underweighted.
01:16:021 (4,1) - nice pp, just increase spacing here a little bit so this is also a hyperdash
01:16:652 (4,5,1) - If these were unstacked it would really improve flow when ending the dashes
01:24:389 (3,1) - These edge dashes are near impossible to play
01:29:758 (1,2) - Over the top edge dash, increase a little
01:50:284 (3,1,2) - Pixel dash, also known as the most unplayable pattern in the game. Increase spacing to 2

hope this helps with making it more playable for ctb, since right now it's unplayable in that mode <3
oh my.... please don't do that lololol that is a joke, just to explain I placed more horizontal patterns for ctb xc, it is not really a ctb diff soooooo........ lolol
Foxy Grandpa
the best thing ive read all week holy shit sinnoh
MIDAS_old_1

Sinnoh wrote:

Playable, not impossible. At least say things that are true
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and
Hey, if you are giving free CtB mods, please come to this set :^):
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/586296
defiance
honestly i prefer osu!catch over ctb
squirrelpascals
Sinnoh nominated for mod of the year
Weber
im fucking dying

holy shit
DeletedUser_6709840
LOL
-Sh1n1-
Gratz!
Shiirn
the longer i stick around the more paranoid i get about the possibility that shadowland is just an escaped laboratory experiment by the chinese based around sticking as many mapping techniques as possible into a single person without ever giving them any sort of information as to when or how to actually use any of these techniques

it's like in mass effect where there's this tank-bred guy who had all his knowledge imprinted into him from birth but he never got any context for it so while he knew, he didn't understand

and i really get this vibe from a lot of maps recently and it's really really pronounced here so maybe instead of memeing about how weird these maps are maybe we should actually take a step back and try to figure out how to properly explain why we feel these maps are so incredibly unnerving to experienced mappers and modders while leaving the rest of the community totally ignorant of what's actually wrong with it cuz really that's kind of elitist, to expect people who don't have all the knowledge and experience to just spontaneously have it anyway

but on the other hand, any time you try to explain why something doesn't work, either you're too nice about it and get ignored, or you're too aggressive about it and get called names and get ignored, because it's very obvious very few mappers actually want to get better, they just want to be praised for shitting out circles and sliders, like a child who wants to be praised for his shitty crayon scribbles. it's a parent's duty to tell the kid it's good when it's obviously not, but it's also the parent's duty to stop doing that when the kid can fucking take the heat

this rant brought to you by allergy-induced oxygen deprivation
wonjae

Shiirn wrote:

the longer i stick around the more paranoid i get about the possibility that shadowland is just an escaped laboratory experiment by the chinese based around sticking as many mapping techniques as possible into a single person without ever giving them any sort of information as to when or how to actually use any of these techniques

it's like in mass effect where there's this tank-bred guy who had all his knowledge imprinted into him from birth but he never got any context for it so while he knew, he didn't understand

and i really get this vibe from a lot of maps recently and it's really really pronounced here so maybe instead of memeing about how weird these maps are maybe we should actually take a step back and try to figure out how to properly explain why we feel these maps are so incredibly unnerving to experienced mappers and modders while leaving the rest of the community totally ignorant of what's actually wrong with it cuz really that's kind of elitist, to expect people who don't have all the knowledge and experience to just spontaneously have it anyway

but on the other hand, any time you try to explain why something doesn't work, either you're too nice about it and get ignored, or you're too aggressive about it and get called names and get ignored, because it's very obvious very few mappers actually want to get better, they just want to be praised for shitting out circles and sliders, like a child who wants to be praised for his shitty crayon scribbles. it's a parent's duty to tell the kid it's good when it's obviously not, but it's also the parent's duty to stop doing that when the kid can fucking take the heat

this rant brought to you by allergy-induced oxygen deprivation
CelegaS
Where is Catch the Beat difficulty?
iYiyo
Grats!
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and
Thx all!
Miranmongo
Harder to read than Tewi ma Park with FL XD
-Shouta-Kun-
Very bad slider map
Topic Starter
Shad0w1and
For everyone who might be interested, the Official Chinese Version by LiSA is released and the edited mp3 for this set is updated in the description. you are welcome to give it a try!
Back up:
http://puu.sh/xrVlS/4a998ce839.osz