forum

Pick me up Tournament 2 | SIGN UPS CLOSED

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
amborgesa
Pick me up Tournament 2

Discord | Match procedure | Spreadsheet | Twitch

PMU 2 is here. The format may have changed, but the idea is basically the same. Players play individually on group stage, and with teams in RO16 and beyond.

How the tournament works

Players are divided on three rank ranges. For group stage, players will play individually in their respective seeds in groups of four. The two best make it to the next stage. 16 players should make it through for each range.

Once group stage ends, players will make teams of three, one person per range. This will NOT be done by the staff, but by the players themselves. Then, RO16 will happen between the teams that have been formed.

Each player will have a separated 1v1 match against their respective opponent, the one within the same rank range from the opposing team. The players from said team have to win at least two of the three matches to go through to the next stage.

General rules
- Score v1, Head to head

- Tournament format is group stage + Double elimination RO16. Groups are random, only sorted by seeds, and will be played in round robin format.

- Group stage is BO5 for each range. However, for later stages this number will increase, Round 1 and 2 being BO7, Quarterfinals and semifinals being BO9, and BO11 for finals.

- Team name after group stage must contain between 3 and 16 characters, and must not trigger the osu! word filter.

- Three rank ranges: [1k-5k], [5k-10k], [10k-20k]

- In case of not being able to assist to your scheduled matches, make an agreement with your opponent/s to change the time.

- Failure to assist the match will result in a default win for your opponent, but not the disqualification of the tournament, unless losing that match would have resulted in elimination anyways or it happens in the first week of group stage (See Sign ups tab)

- Map pools will be unique for each range. Format of these is [ 10 FM|5 FM (DT) ] Freemod includes every mod except DT, HT and Auto, and picking a mod is not forced. Tiebreakers are sightread.

- Group stage will have 2 bans. Teams stage will have 6 bans around the mappools, but every pool has to have at least one map banned.
(more information in the match procedure doc. In case of overlapping bans, nothing is done, the map is banned anyways and there would be a total oh 11 maps banned instead (Less depending on how many maps overlap

- Time scale used is UTC (Basically the same as GMT)

- When the tournament starts, ranks will be locked meaning you can go out of your rank range after that

- In case something odd happens on the actual matches, The referee will have the last word on what to do. The process used in that match will be enforced to future matches.

IMPORTANT NOTE

Not all players will participate, the cap will be each squared number of 2 (4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128...). In case of not getting in, you will be put on the overflow role. This means if a player fails to show up at the time of the first week, you can get their spot in the tournament.

In case of what stated above happens, overflow players will be mentioned in discord, and the first one to show up gets the spot, so be alert when matches happen.

END OF IMPORTANT NOTE

Betwin wrote:

How to Sign up:
1. Post a reply on this thread with the following format ( * = Optional):

Username: (Your name)
(Your timezone in UTC time)
(Quick message/something we need to know.)*

2. Join the discord server, as ruleset updates, and relevant information will be displayed there: https://discord.gg/faaFQUP

3. Change your discord name to your osu! nickname in order to avoid confusion.

THE STEPS STATED ABOVE ARE MANDATORY IN ORDER TO SIGN UP. ONCE YOU’RE DONE, WAIT FOR THE ADMINS TO ASSIGN YOU A ROLE.
Registration closes the 16th of april at 23:59 UTC

Schedules
Registrations end & Seedings: April 16/17th
Group drawings & first map pool showcase: April 22nd
Group stages: 29/30th April, 6/7th May
Round of 16: 13/14th May
Quarterfinals & Losers round 1: 20/21th May
Semifinals & Losers round 2: 27/28th May
Finals & Losers bracket semifinals & Losers bracket finals: 3/4th June
Grand finals: 10/11th June.

After group stage, Map pools are weekly

Good luck!
-jordan-
Auto tune in pool or riot!!!!
[ M e a k u ]
Username: [ M e a k u ]
UTC +2
GuChangeDeWorld
Username: GuChangeDeWorld
UTC +7
MyWaifuChino
MyWaifuChino
UTC+7

can play 01.00-16.00 UTC time on saturday
04.00-15.00 UTC time on sunday
PhantomHunt3r
Username: PhantomHunt3r
Utc -6
Note: rank might be wrong
teeb
Username: -teeb
UTC +2
Fralla
Username: Fralla8
UTC+2
Tironas
Username: Tironas
UTC +1
Nozdormu
Username: Nozd0rmu
UTC +5
-Hydra-
-Hydra-
Rank 11k
UTC +2

When does the Tournament start?
paolostyle
Username: paolostyle
UTC+2
Empyreal
Username: Empyreal
UTC +3
Geek1001
Username: LordGeek101
UTC -5
Yulivee
Yulivee
~9300 (Will not drop below 10k, trust me. :I)
UTC+2
everlasting
Username: everlasting
UTC+2
Seaweed
THIS BANNER HOLY HELL
Jac
Username: Jac
Rank- 7.1k
UTC -7
Mking
Username:Mking
Utc+1
-Blue-
Username: -Blue-
UTC+1
Claus
Username: Popcorn4lotra
UTC+1
Mejor123
Dianthus
Username: Hedgeturtle
UTC +2
Reifa
Username: Karolina
UTC +2
PhoenixJ
Username: Phoenixj
UTC: +10.30
i looked up my utc i dont if its right or not :D
Seaweed
Username: Seaweed
UTC+7
I'm really forgetful l o l
OshieteKudasai
Second tournament HYPE <3
Snowwy
Username: Snowwy
(+2:00 UTC )
Betwin me la sopla ;3 (la flauta)
-Vid
Username: -Vid
UTC+1
Can play from 9am to 12pm on saturday (UTC)
9am to 6pm on sunday (UTC)
--w--
Username: --w--
UTC+2
Lanh
Username: Lanh
UTC+2
Saltystick
Username: Saltstick
UTC-7
Bullen8
Username: Bullen8
UTC+2
might need someone to fill in for me if i make it to the later stages since my schedule will be rather inconsistant at that time
BobbyZlich
Username: BobbyZlich
UTC -4
-Lolisim-
Username: -Lolisim-
UTC-5
Weed
Username: weed
UTC-4 (usually up during EU times though)
show more