forum

What is the weakest aspect of your playing skills?

posted
Total Posts
show more
KupcaH
Deathstream 40+ notes. Just losing control of it, and getting full 100's. Improving by playing more, helps. Info 100%

Also :

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I can't click the circles
N0thingSpecial
Stamina, stream speed, low ar reading, stream jumps, jump streams, spaced stream, high BPM (230+) maps, HR, low BPM maps, prematurely tap the note under and after the last note of a stream, cursor dance, following through the entire slider, BPM change, meter change, linear flow, overlapping sliders, crippling depression, anything smaller than cs5
Hibiya-chan

Manfred wrote:

I see other players and get jealous that they have only 5k more plays then me but have 300pp scores...
Playcount isn't everything, remember that (meh I alr have 30k plays and 80% of them are just retries due to shtmisses in the beginning of songs and plays that aren't pp worth)

OT: Have many, but mostly my problem are patterns that requires alternating (streams, bursts, doubles, etc.) except triples.
Caput Mortuum
high bpm and aiming in general
Topic Starter
Manfred
N0thingSpecial, your thing about CS really hits home harder then anything, I'd love to give hr more of a chance, AR 10 is tough but quickly becoming doable, OD 10 is really rough but would improve my timing, but if the map is your average run of the mill 4.8* map the CS often goes to 5.5 or even 6 and that is just downright unacceptable to me.

KupcaH I can't single tap too rapidly or stream for too long or my elbow actually completely locks up, like the joint gets locked and I have to crack my elbow to get proper movement back. Deathstreams are probably some of the toughest shit the game has to offer, so your struggle is real.

kai99 One of my most recent highest scores Manoeuvres - Mad World (Station Earth Remix) [Divine] (96.72%) 103pp (fucking pathetic, I know) has 4 doubles that has made me restart the song so many times, and in that score obviously screwed over my ACC hard. Doubles are either really easily if placed right or really confusing to me too.

Sandy Hoey I can't either, we need advice from Riviclia.
Topic Starter
Manfred
I agree about higher bpm, stuff gets stupid hard real quick, if it gets above 230 it starts to get fucky for me. I'll leave higher bpm to pros, If you can HDHR 99% something at 260 bpm, you are a god in my eyes. One of the most impressive plays as of recent for me, is Filsdelamas Eighto SS choke.
Ayesha Altugle
Jumps

And also, consistency
pkhg
aiming in general
Blitzfrog
ar>=10

Consistency problems
n0stamina
jumps stamina AR above 9.3
Hiro-Senpai
High bpm. Well recently i started getting better, and now i am able to do some maps 240 bpm with an avarage acc. But i am still not even close to being able to play low 4* with dt.

oh and my hr skills are trash, mostly bcuz of my trash ar 10 reading.
Nattsun
Aiming. Seriously, my aim is so inconsistent, give me 2 fullscreen jumps and I'm fine, make that 4 easy jumps and I'll miss :p

I'm practicing 5* maps that are 5* because of their spacing, it somewhat helps improving with aiming and I'm finishing all songs I play which gives me the feel that 90 seconds is like nothing.

Same goes for my "precision", aiming cs5+ is living hell for me. Playing Irre maps is like going for a pass, but I'm working on it.

Not sure if I should add this, but I can't read high ARs, I don't have to play anything above AR9 so I never learned AR10.
Sayorie
By tics go overdrive after 2 mins of the song, so that's that
also I'm really bad with sliders, like 90% of my chokes and misses are slider-related
Topic Starter
Manfred
Choking on easy shit is so demotivating for me that I often quit out of the game in about 1.2 seconds before I start really getting pissed off. Choking and shtimissing aren't much of a weakness, but more like an integral part of my being, I am shitmiss incarnate.

Also, I'm actually suffering from the reverse of some of you, I can read AR 10 fairly well, but my favorite and my problem right now is I can only read 9.3-9.7 really well. If I try to read AR 9 I'm way too early and have way more trouble on simple jumps. This game gets me so worked up sometimes I consider lightly cutting the tip of my pointer finger with a knife so I can't tap with it, making me free from playing the game for a few days or so.
Yolshka
HD :cry:

I'll take my approach circles thanks >:(
Edgar_Figaro
Standard: Square Jumps
Taiko:Toss up between 1/6 mono bursts or long 1/3 streams
CTB: Not sure what they are called but when you have to rapidly go back and forth small distances with a stream of notes
Mania: Shields
vinnicci
Kyrari
Stream consistency (still regularly stop randomly), Stream control (almost never have a stream that's all 300 because I can't keep my speed), Stream speed (200+ r 2 fast), Stream stamina, Lack of jump consistency, AR10+ (but tbh I don't think I'd need this skill), Accuracy/Clicking consistency (Best is only 110 UR on a simple map pp map lol), High BPM Singletaps (Not sure where it starts to be "fast" but I alternate everything so idk)

And the worst thing is I haven't tried to improve on these parts so I would probably still be bad for a long time lul, there's also lots of other weak parts but I think these are my current worst.
Attenox
1) Rhythm sense
2) Streaming
rekhichem
streaming and stamina , anything related to tapping fast :/ I m slow as f
-Yuni
Aiming circles near the border/limit of the playfield, i'm just not comfortable reaching those places with this mouse, mainly because my pinky drags and interferes with it
I Give Up
my aim trash
Carebare
can't aim technical parts of map
low stamina, aim easily falls apart on long maps without breaks due to mouse drift
Zalaria
Aim, speed, streamus, ar9+, combo consistency. Ppl say I'm consistant but fk that I can't combo much at all most of the time. Also, I tend to drift.... A LOT.
-Makishima S-
Speed

DT ain't fun when you can't click 210bpm+
Topic Starter
Manfred

[Taiga] wrote:

Speed

DT ain't fun when you can't click 210bpm+
I take it you mean single tapping? If so, although I have no right to be telling you whats good and whats bad, hear me out. I had the exact same problem just last week, I couldn't single tap past 190 bpm at all. If I tried to hit at it harder my arm would cramp and lock up. But over about a week I started playing a lot of "lower then 110 bpm" maps and also doing some other shameful stuff that actually worked!

I would put on autopilot and tap to maps that are all about single tapping speed. You know, https://osu.ppy.sh/s/332532 and https://osu.ppy.sh/s/472143 and even messed around with https://osu.ppy.sh/b/839569. I started to develop that wrist tapping motion that makes it very easy to tap at higher bpm with little issue. So while I can't aim to these maps still, I can now tap as fast as them which is guess you could say is 50% of the battle done (not really obviously).

I honestly feel like I'm speaking out of place because of my lack of anything noteworthy, but I faced a similar problem and wanted to tell you my solution.

I even tried to break my wrist to https://osu.ppy.sh/s/137377 and I mean, I'm surprised I could keep up with it at all.
N0thingSpecial

Manfred wrote:

play more
Is basically what you're saying
Topic Starter
Manfred

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Manfred wrote:

play more
Is basically what you're saying
I've played the same amount this week as I did the week before, and the week before that and so on. I had trouble tapping over 200bpm, I try specifically to improve on that and I do. So yeah, I played the game, but I didn't play it anymore or less. I just chose what to work at. Get that weak ass "play more" out of here. Because the next person who mentions play more is getting decapitated by a claymore.

7ambda

Manfred wrote:

I've played the same amount this week as I did the week before, and the week before that and so on. I had trouble tapping over 200bpm, I try specifically to improve on that and I do. So yeah, I played the game, but I didn't play it anymore or less. I just chose what to work at. Get that weak ass "play more" out of here. Because the next person who mentions play more is getting decapitated by a claymore.
You know, you could always tl;dr that and get your point across more effectively.

oh yeah, play more if you want to get decent
Topic Starter
Manfred

F1r3tar wrote:

Manfred wrote:

You know, you could always tl;dr that and get your point across more effectively.

oh yeah, play more if you want to get decent
You people make me feel bad.
-Makishima S-
I had over 6 months break due RSI without playing.

IDC anymore about rank and progressing, just for fun right now.
N0thingSpecial

Manfred wrote:

I've played the same amount this week as I did the week before, and the week before that and so on.
That's exactly what play more means, it's cumulative.
Ryuti
My aim 100%
3bdallah
Streams and reading AR above 9.3
I'm trying to improve my streaming and its kinda working , i don't want to improve my high AR right now because that might fuck up my reading to AR 8
Topic Starter
Manfred

3bdallah wrote:

Streams and reading AR above 9.3
I'm trying to improve my streaming and its kinda working , i don't want to improve my high AR right now because that might fuck up my reading to AR 8
Smart move not trying for higher AR right now, it personally messes with my reading skills pretty bad. If I go to 9.5 or above I have trouble easing my way back down to 9. AR 9 felt so slow after 9.5 I thought I was doing AR 8 on a few maps. GL with streaming practice, hope it goes well.
Taj
Aim.
HeiTCB16
Definitely my aim. I've been trying to get back my mouse skills for around the past week or two and it's come back for the most part, I'm just having trouble snapping to notes across the screen. I often don't get my cursor far enough for jumps, so I'm probably going to have to work on that

It will probably get somewhat easier with my new mouse and mousepad I've ordered with some gift money. Sure it won't make me better, but I think it will HELP me get better faster. Getting a plastic surface mousepad to replace my cloth (which is pretty small anyways) and getting the Nixeus Revel to go with it... can't wait :D
joaovitorbf
1st. Sometimes I randomly screw up my tapping completely in the middle of the song.
2nd. Jumps... can't do them correctly without replaying the song a thousand times.
3rd. I tried every single position/tablet area setup, all of them makes my aiming hand feel a little bit unconfortable in some way.
Momoi Airi
Stamina, consistency, AR11 reading, streaming, hitting hard jumps...and aim too...

im really bad lol
E m i
consistency and short+frequent high bpm bursts
everything else is equal as fak
show more