forum

[Archived] Maps deleted from website after BSS malfunctions.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mykaterasu
I've had this problem twice now and honestly I just can't begin to fathom how this could happen. The problem begins when one day, when I'm trying to update a map through the BSS, the game loops "Preparing Changes" over and over. I'm told by #help to delete the submission cache to reset the process and get a clean update. I have to do this every time I want to update it.

Then after a vague period of time (about a month) my mapset splits itself into two. One half of the mapset behaves exactly the same as stated above. The other half of the mapset shows the stats of each map as if it is the correct difficulty, but as soon as I go into the editor/play I see it's actually just a map from the original mapset. The website still shows all the difficulties as one mapset, so it's easy to conclude that I could just update the map and discard your local changes to start again and get rid of the problem. However when I do that, the map then becomes a 0* empty map with nothing in it. When I go to the website, completely dumbfounded as to why this has happened, only the working half of the mapset is there and all my progress is lost.

I'm lucky enough to have religious daily backups of daily backups because when this happens, nothing is sent to the recycle bin.

osu! version: 20170222.2cuttingedge
(The first time I had this problem was on stable).